Topic: A cooler, more complete and actively-being-updated "old web" revival services forum for cool people

Sort Replies:

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

added! thank you for sending!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ArbestRiAgain

posted

The "2015-2016 icons for youtube player classicifier" link is dead and should be removed. Also, the 2016 YouTube STudio theme you linked to is a stolen version, link it to this instead: https://userstyles.world/style/10620/youtube-studio-2016

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Lukas Zone

posted

BitView has recently changed its layout to the 2010-2011 theme. Can you update it?

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by haydengriz

posted
updated

not sure if this has been requested already but there is a google+ revival in the works:

2013 website (main): http://kspc.serv00.net/index.php?

2011 website (W.I.P): http://kspc.serv00.net/exp/2011/

Late 2015 website: dead, will be brought back at a later point

Discord: https://discord.gg/jCMWKjYe

It has an android app and yes even an IOS app

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

to HAYDENCRAFT2008: even if both of these sites weren't marked as deceptive (i know the creator, they arent) neither of them look complete enough to share. added a link to the discord though, thank you for sending!

to Lukas Zone: done!

to ArbestRiAgain: i checked the dates uploaded for both the themes, it seems the version you sent is the stolen one. thank you for bringing this up anyways!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by newlinersseries

posted
updated

Edit: OpenVK (facebook 2006) is not FaceBook it's VK

Add: https://github.com/Savefade/LegacyIGN and http://kspc.serv00.net/user/login.php

Also hello world to spacehey!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Ginger1234

posted

Reply by ♥【Naomi】♥

posted
updated

Minecraft ReIndev: a mod for b1.7.3 that shows us an alternative timeline of what Minecraft could have been, heavily inspired on Indev as it's name should tell

https://discord.com/invite/SF8sCuAr2e

Minecraft - Better than Adventure!: Another mod for b1.7.3, same idea as ReIndev but based on the beta versions instead of Indev.

https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/3106066-better-than-adventure-for-beta-1-7-3-timely

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Ginger1234

posted

hshop (3DS eShop revival) (3DS needs to be hacked)

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted
updated

to newlinersseries: added the instagram server thing (whatever that is) and i edited the OpenVK message but im not adding the loogle website, the link to the server is already on here. thank you for sending!

to Ginger1234: added WACAP but not hshop since it's mostly just CIA files for games, which is still cool but not what this list is about. thank you for sending!

to ☆ 【 Noelle】 ☆: while these are really cool i dont add alternate timeline stuff, it feels like it might ago against what this list does. i might make another list for stuff like this but i feel like there isnt enough of these to justify that. thank you for sending anyways!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by amor

posted

I am so in love with u thank u for this

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ☆DIGI☆

posted

so fricken awesome, thanks for your hard work! :D

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ♥【Naomi】♥

posted

That's fair dw, this however does fit in here

google2009: a guide on making ur browser use the old mobile version of google and them making it look like the 2009 google

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Xhepyxl

posted

You can remove the 2010 layout userstyle for Bitview cause they've recently updated the site to use the 2010 YouTube layout so it's completely unnecessary now.

Even if it wasn't I tried using it before and it was kinda broken anyways. :/

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

added google2009, thank you for sending! also removed the bitview userstyles, thank you for reminding me to do that!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by xXxRobloxTixMasterxXx

posted

reskype is dead.

someone tried to revive it but it was closed too.

the "skype for buissnes" server is dead too

i think skype is done

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

removed reskype, pintoIM looks like it's still up and Classic Skypes website is still up so im not removing those yet. thank you for letting me know!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by ♥【Naomi】♥

posted

New BitView userstyle made after the 2010 design update
https://uso.kkx.one/style/262552

Also Hitholl Hotel seems to be dead

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

added the theme and removed hitholl hotel, thank you for sending and thank you for letting me know that's down!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Xhepyxl

posted

Here's a userscript someone posted in the Vorpis v3 Discord called GPlex which makes Google look like it did in 2011-2018

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/492193-gplex-old-google-frontend

From what i've tested it works really well and looks super accurate

There's also this userstyle that makes the topbar look more accurate

https://userstyles.world/style/15797/gplex-gbar-vorapisfier

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

gplex is already on here, i added the userstyle though. thank you for sending!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Xhepyxl

posted

weird, I must've missed it the last time i checked this post. :/

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by sulflix

posted

Hey, Uploader of the Gplex Gbar V3-ifier here, just wanted to let you know that the userscript does NOT make it look "accurate", it just makes it look more like V3, just so both of them can match.

Nice list btw.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Xhepyxl

posted

Since you have a lot of Minecraft "restore old feature" mods in this I thought this might be a good suggestion, there's a modpack called Serpo's Console which recreates the pre-Bedrock console versions in Java:

https://modrinth.com/modpack/serpos-console

There's quite a few of these packs but out of all them i've tested over the past year and a half this one's the most functionally and visually accurate.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted
updated

to sulfix: i was pretty sure it wasn't accurate but i wasnt 100%, now i am! thank you for letting me know!

to Xhepy:  thank you for sending, added!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by BowzasaurusRex

posted

ShopDeck is a project that allows you to run your own custom 3DS eShop.

You can add homebrew and 3DS titles to the shop (includes a converter for .cia files), add 3D moflex videos, and set custom categories, announcements, genres, etc.

The devs are working on a service using ShopDeck called Let's Shop that will have Homebrew apps available, but the servers are down right now.

ShopDeck is being developed by Aftendo, who are also behind SatellaZone (3DS Nintendo Zone revival) and the Nintendo Anime Channel revival.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

this looks really cool!! added!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Ginger1234

posted
updated

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

added! thank you for sending!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by fishcelery4894

posted

hey, im a' hungry!
say, you got anymore 2012-2013 google themes?

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

sure do!

Gplex - Old Google Frontend (2011-2018 theme)

oldgoogle (1998, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2002 with a userstyle)

vanced (2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015)

StartGoogle (Google 2012-2018 theme for Startpage.com)

Old Google 2013 Legacy

these are all the ones on the menu! hope these sate your appetite!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by addy allure

posted
updated

if only sum1 could make a revival of these websites:

• xanga (it still exists, but it doesn't allow any new users 2 join)
  • friendster
  • bebo
  • nexopia (shut down back in november w/o warning)
  • buzznet
  • fotolog
  • piczo
  • imeem
  • picturetrail
  • quizilla (it did have a competitor released @ the same time, bzoink, but has unfortunately shut down back in january)
  • mindviz
  • myeeos
  • tagworld
  • multiply
  • frappr
  • purevolume
  • ustream
  • stickam
  • blog.tv
  • justin.tv
  • operator11
  • mogolus
  • veodia
  • yahoo! live

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

• the epic panda theme is already on the list
  • added!
  • this theme is a already linked as a recommendation in the other theme, i dont know what it does on its own so im not adding it
  • added!
  • added!
  • this is just the old subscribe button and nothing else, not adding it
  • i dont think youtube had notification animations back in 2014, not adding it
  • added!
  • added!
  • added!
thank you for sending!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

to SupekiBlue: what is this? is this a recreation of something or just an old website, i dont include websites that are just old. it's still pretty cool looking though!

to Ginger1234: im not entirely sure if i SHOULD add it since there's probably no way to get this running on a DS but sure, added!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Arthur_shimmer213

posted

reskype does not work

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

to SupekiBlue: im not sure if it's up as an archive or if it's just down for maintenance like it says, i'll add it back anyways.

to Arthur_shimmer213: removed! thank you for letting me know!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Xhepyxl

posted

I'm not sure if it's just a me issue or not, but the Reddit Classic userstyle just loads a white screen / blank page when I click on the link.

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

the reddit classic link is a userstyles.org link, im slowly replacing those. try looking it up on uso.kkx, i'll replace it with one of those when i get the chance

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Ginger1234

posted

Discordmessnger (discord for old versions for windows)

Also I think you should include this in your second list because I don't think this fits here

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted
updated

added! adding it to this list since stuff like iOS Discord Classic is already on this list. thank you for sending!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by xdout

posted

this list is amazing i love it sm!!

i've noticed some outdated stuff on it tho:

cleantalk - got shutdown
classictube - broken, can't watch videos
youtube05 - shut down
externaltube - doesn't seem to work, cloudflare error
goldentube - same case as classictube
3gpipe - firefox warns me about this site and didn't let me go on it lol, videos don't work
"Youtube late 2009/early 2010 theme for YewTube" - got removed
"EraCast epic panda theme" - not available
bwitter - shut down

dashboard unfucker is no longer mantained (dev stopped cuz of the tumblr's staff transmisogyny. sucks but its understandable) and is not working anymore

also "Youtube Mobile - Old Design" is twice on this list. actually i think i've seen some other duplicates on this list as well but am too lazy to go thru the entire list rn lol maybe later

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted
updated

removed all the stuff that went down, thank you for sending!!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by sxomus

posted

I noticed that when bookmarking websites in firefox that had the favicon changed by tampermonkey or stylus, the icon on the bookmark will revert back to the modern one, is there any way to fix this?

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted
updated

i dont know how to fix that, extensions/userscripts like V3 have their custom favicons show up in the bookmarks though

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Xhepyxl

posted

Not sure if it fits the other stuff here since it's not a skin / frontend for an existing site or a revival of discontinued programs / games, but I found this site called Wiby in a YouTube video about old internet stuff, it apparently searches specifically non-commercial websites so you can find personal / old websites easier.

I've tried it out a bit and it works well, found a few sites from 1997-2007 with a few last updated as recent as 2018. (I say it like that WASN'T 6 years ago now lol)

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by GRIFFEN

posted

seems a little bit like frogfind, i'll add it. thank you for sending!

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Ginger1234

posted
updated

(I don't know if you accept ROM hacks or something)

but could you add b3313 (it's a super Mario 64 ROM hack btw) for me it looks like old super Mario 64 beta or something???

Netpass (StreetPass online)

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Nicolas Perez

posted
updated

Add Bloxstrap (Roblox custom bootstrap), it has functions where you can recover the old menu, the old cursor, etc... And you can install mods there without need to do it every update.

Permalink Report Reply