« Web, HTML, Tech Forum

Egde is better than Chrome, but no one uses it

Posted by Generic_Dev

posted
updated

Forum: Web, HTML, Tech

Edge is Microsoft's browser, released in 2015, and in 2020 it would become a distribution of Chromium to improve the browser, now, Edge is really good, I use it in my day to day and believe me, it's BETTER than Chrome

Edge brings a lot of interesting features such as Split Screen, that's not in Chrome, Split screen allows you to have 2 web gigabytes in 1 tab, it's one of my favorite features.

Do you know why people don't use Microsoft Edge?

1. Reputation: Edge gets a bad rap for its sibling, Internet Explorer (IE), so people think Edge is like IE only they renamed it and that's it, but no, the truth is that it's VERY different from IE.

2. Bing: The default search engine of Edge is Bing, a search engine with AI (Copilot, formerly Bing Chat) I personally use Bing because I think it is better than Google, but many people believe that Bing can NOT be changed to Google, when the truth is that it CAN be changed like any browser, you can change it to Google,   Yahoo, Mojeek, Qwant, Brave Search, WHATEVER

3. Familiarization: Most people are already familiar with Chrome, as they have been using it for YEARS, and so people are NOT interested in changing their internet browser, as they SEE NO NEED FOR IT

4. Google: 98% of the Uman's population uses GOOGLE (until I used it) and Chrome is from Google so users like Chrome more because it is from the same company as Google and this implies that it is connected with other Google services (Drive, Photos, Meet, Docs, etc.)

Now, most likely you use Chrome, and I'm telling you this, Edge is better, I'm not telling you to switch to Edge, just that you should know that it's NOT A BAD BROWSER as others think.

Now please write a comment or start a discussion, how do you like Edge?

Do you use Google Chrome?

What browser do you use?

or I don't know, write something, thanks for reading this forum :)

Report Topic

4 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by lime360

posted

ngl chrome and other chrome-based browsers are bloated

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by terminus

posted

I remember when we all switched from firefox to chrome because firefox was bloated... the original chrome was fast, sleek and simple.  How times have changed. 

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Gluma

posted

As someone who straight up just doesn’t use a desktop (unless for academic stuff), another reason why Chrome is so popular is probably due to the fact that it’s just...the default on some phones (I’m talking about Samsung phones obviously lol). A lot of Google’s services can also be the default, adding onto your familiarization point :0 While iPhones obviously don’t have Google-related stuff as the default, the Safari browser does list Google as one of the popular web browsers you can use whenever you open up a new page.

Anyway, I’ll be honest: I’m not a very, er, tech-y person, so I’ve been using Chrome since, like, forever :p web browsers in general are kinda out of my range of knowledge mostly because I don’t really use computers all that much so a lot of their features may or may not be all that interesting to me, imo

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by sparky

posted

Firefox and its forks are better than both of these options in terms of security, resource efficiency, speed, ethics, etc.

I mainly use Librewolf, which is a offshoot of Firefox with even LESS bloat, and is entirely open source, and functions the exact same as any other browser. It comes with more features, and better plugin support/community, because its tied to Firefox closely.

Edge and Chrome are both slow, bloated, and overly featured. Anything either of them have you can have in Firefox or any fork/offshoot.

There is also LadyBird, a Open Source browser that is being built from the ground up. I personally dont use it since i think it needs more maturity. Though it has promise.

Permalink Report Reply