Topic: What was the gateway song that got you into emo stuff?

Sort Replies:

Reply by cxmeterydr1ve

posted

Mine was Demolition Lovers by MCR, I researched it for my college course and got hooked almost immediately 

Report Reply

Reply by emma

posted

unsurprisingly, it was welcome to the black parade by mcr... XD

Report Reply

Reply by Dark Angel

posted

I was listening to Enter Shikari / Amatory / Stigmata / Origami starts from 8 years old

Report Reply

Reply by MariG

posted

I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chem 🖤

Report Reply

Reply by Meido

posted

Same Logic/Teeth by Brand New was where it all started going downhill for me

Report Reply

Reply by lia

posted

teenagers by my chemical romance!!

Report Reply

Reply by Tobias

posted
updated

Honest to god, it was a song in a creepypasta slideshow. "Don't You dare forget the sun" by Get scared XD. I started liking creepypasta in the early 2010s in like 3rd grade. It introduced me to a whole new type of music I had never heard before. Music that was really popular in the fandom at the time was stuff like Get Scared and Set It Off, which led to me getting into bands like My Chemical Romance, Falling In Reverse, Pierce The Veil, Fly Leaf, Meg, and Dia... and other popular pop-punk emo-esc bands, which then led to me getting into og emo bands from the '90s. I think at the time, emo and emo aesthetics were extremely popular and influential on the internet, especially in niche spaces and fandoms like Creepypasta, the amount of videos you can find on youtube of just pictures of Ticci Toby being played to Get Scared is insane.

Report Reply

Reply by Helena

posted

deffinetly my chem. my birthname is helena so ofcourse when i was 8 i searched up my name and oh looky here a song with my name as the title!! even watching the making of the mv is so heartwarming because just hearing people actually say it right makes me so happy :3

Report Reply

Reply by Lessark

posted

"Note to Self" by From First To Last, that little 16 year old skrillex caused and solved so many problems for me heading into my teenage years

Report Reply

Reply by cinnam0nz

posted

Ive always been listening to alt music cause of my mum, but defo mama by my chemical romance :)

Report Reply

Reply by yuri

posted
updated

eu sei que My Chemical Romance não é exatamente uma banda emo, mas a primeira música que ouvi antes de me tornar definitivamente emo e começar a me aprofundar no sub foi Teens 

Report Reply

Reply by Lola

posted

I've been into emorap since i was about like nine or eight, but it was a cover of i'm low on gas and you need a jacket by pierce the veil that really got me into emo music

Report Reply