« Back to the EMO'S NOT DEAD Forum

What was the gateway song that got you into emo stuff?

Mine was Tears Don't Fall by Bullet for my Valentine, Face Down by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and My Heroine by Silverstein. 

These songs will always have a special place in my <3 

Report Topic

63 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by RAYxxHASxxDIED

posted

Teenagers my chemical romance. Literally first ever song I listened to 

Report Reply

Reply by spicy-sparklez

posted

Cool! What are your current favorite songs? 

Report Reply

Reply by x.poisonrationality.x

posted

party poison by mcr and damage by fit for rivals :] theyre still some of my favorites

Report Reply

Reply by alexdezomorfina

posted

goodbye my darlings - blind fool love

Report Reply

Reply by spicy-sparklez

posted

Omg I listened to damage by fit for rivals too xP

Report Reply

Reply by mikeyd

posted

three days grace's "i hate everything about you", classic n.n

Report Reply

Reply by Xx_max_barf_bucket_xX

posted

note to self by from first to last. tbh i still love this song with all of my heart and i get a lil protective over it some times.

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Ryan_LAME☆

posted

Thats a HARD one.

I know the first MCR song I ever heard was Teenagers, so that might be it. Sounds a bit cliche haha oh well •☆•

Report Reply

Reply by ianisdead

posted

misery business by paramore

Report Reply

Reply by LiamtheOtaku

posted
updated

First thing emo related I saw was not even technically from a emo band but it was monster by meg and dia from a elfen lied AMV that I saw in highschool with a girl that I had a massive crush on that introduced me to both anime and emo stuff

Here is the AMV for the curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJFeew2Yrig

Also AMV's from the warrior cats series made by flightfootwarrior that I saw in middle school probably had a influence too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z2ESjwmhbw&list=PL04C55E0E06423958&index=11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYiu8iGtaOs&list=PL04C55E0E06423958&index=12

Report Reply

Reply by ANDREW☆

posted

Mama by MCR!

Report Reply

Reply by 🌹🌷shawna_🌺🍄

posted

For me it was was my chemical romance

Report Reply

Reply by teeth

posted

oooooooh i never rly thought of this 

sunny day real estate helped me branch out and find many more emo bands that i love today so i owe a lot to this band

(LISTEN TO DIARY!!!)

teenagers by mcr was my first Ever emo song i can remember listening to , the MV was an experience that remains unmatched 

Report Reply

Reply by Sleepyhead

posted

Mama by MCR. The fisrt MCR song I ever heard. Got me into alll the stuff I'm onto now lol

Report Reply

Reply by Hazi

posted
updated

For me - as far as I remember, Ghost of you and Helena by MCR brought me into this emo'esque culture.

Fun fact, when I got my first access to the internet in 2006 (I was 13 back then), my first website that I visited was MCR's official website. My friends told me there was a game based on Helena's MV. It is still exist but kept on different website so give it a tru. Helena 8-bit game 

Report Reply

Reply by kukoromi_guts

posted

The first song that really got me into that emo stuff was The Light Behind Your Eyes by MCR
I was 13 as a friend introduced the band to me, I dont have any contact with him today but I´m still thankful for showing me

But back when I first got into Nightcore I already listend to Get Scared and Bring me the Horizon 

Report Reply

Reply by xxRebellious_Emmaxx

posted

For me, it was "I'm Not A Vampire" by Falling In Reverse. I was 13 years old at the time when I found a lyric video of that song on a lyric video channel that mostly made lyric videos of Avril Lavigne songs (I was a huge Avril fan at the time) and decided to check it out. Best decision I've ever made.

Report Reply

Reply by arlo atomickk

posted

I don't even remember how it happened but I was super into Ghost Town around the age of 10 until I got bullied out of liking them but the one song I remember thinking 'this is emo' to was king for a day :o

Report Reply

Reply by GLITT3RZ

posted

Hmm... not sure!! But currently, I really enjoy Breathe Carolina and Millionaires!! Looking into some local artists as well, I'll see how that search goes!!

Report Reply

Reply by xX★TJ★Xx

posted

welcome to the black parade by mcr.... still some of the best music I've listened to

Report Reply

Reply by eddie

posted

bullet by hollywood undead. used to feel so edgy listening to it lmao

Report Reply

Reply by guttergirl

posted

knives and pens by BVB!

Report Reply

Reply by vic_zombi3

posted

welcome to the black parade by mcr and caraphernelia by pierce the veil xP

Report Reply

Reply by HEX HAZARDOUS !!

posted

omggzz this is embarazzing but probs sexting by botdf ;-; 

if not botdf it was p!atd with theres a rsn these tables are numbered or i write sinz not tragedies
:-D

Report Reply

Reply by inmylungs

posted

ig welcome 2 the black parade by mcr, tho I can't exactly remember :/

Report Reply

Reply by vennie

posted

black veil brides - knives and pens, used to stream it so often on my wii

Report Reply

Going Under Song by Evanescence. That's the first real song that I can put a name to that actually got me into the scene and I have my elder sister and cousin to thank for that haha 

Report Reply

Reply by ₳†⅃ ⍲⟆ ∀₵ꙇ₫

posted

my parentz played it when i waz little so idk XD but i REALLY started getting into it through "not the american average" i think ?

Report Reply

Reply by Ali

posted

Teenagers by my chemical romance 

I was  in my friends car and they stated listening to mcr and I was like damn this shit slaps lol.

Report Reply

Reply by ! Bri

posted

Partners In Crime - Set it Off and Good Girls Bad Guys - Falling In Reverse

Report Reply

Reply by Smiledawg

posted

blood by my chemical romance! found it from a creepypasta video in 2011

Report Reply

Reply by LlamadoAng3L

posted

My older brother and his friends they where teenagers and skater emo’s and everything they did always called my attention also seeing other teenagers such as scenes and more just can’t remember what I could even call it Xd

Report Reply

Reply by xx.nick.xx

posted

My dad listened to Silverstein, three days grace, and Hawthorne heights among many other emo bands through my childhood so I've always been listening to emo

Report Reply

Reply by xX_N1ghtm4r3_P01s0n_Xx

posted

"Animal I Have Become" by Three Days Grace. Gods, takes me back to the good old days of 2008 speedpaints with edgy Emo music. Those days were the best.

Report Reply

Reply by <3envy<3

posted

Sugar by system of a down

Report Reply

Reply by TektoRock

posted
updated

Je viens d'écouter My Chemical Romance - The Light Behind Your Eyes et ça me touche énormément, je ne comprends pas ce qui m'arrive, pourtant je ne suis pas un grand connaisseur de cette culture.

Report Reply

Reply by _V4mp1ra_

posted

Teenagers-mcr, Misery Business-Paramore, Dance,Dance-FOB 

Then I took like a 5 month break from emo/pop punk music cause I was getting out of my emo phase but the song that got me back into it was Breathing by Yellowcard :)

Report Reply

Reply by xR0b..3rrtX

posted

def has to be bring me back to live 

Report Reply

Reply by kukoromi_guts

posted

The light behind your eyes by my chemical romance

Report Reply

Reply by ✨ Ava :3 ✨

posted

In The End by Black Veil Brides, Misery Business by Paramore and WTTBP by My Chem

Report Reply

Reply by artie

posted

in like 2017 i listened to american idiot 4 the first time !!! grew up w an emo aunt so ig it was coming my way xP

Report Reply

Reply by eula

posted

for me it was disenchanted and then teenagers by mcr :)

Report Reply

Reply by Maggot

posted

Easily "You're So Creepy" by Ghost Town!! I was big into like mainstream metal till my BF of the time introduced me to them, and I never looked back!!

Report Reply

Reply by Becca ∞

posted

Avril Lavigne and Simple Plan reeeeally played a huge part!

Report Reply

Reply by xX_N1ghtm4r3_P01s0n_Xx

posted

'Animal I Have Become' by Three Days Grace. And it was in a Sonic X recolour speedpaint from like 2007.

Report Reply

Reply by Strawberry Aubrey

posted

Can you feel my heart by bring me the heriozion<3

Report Reply

Reply by xd34dx

posted

in the end by black veil brides but also welcome to the black parade by mcr <33

Report Reply

Reply by Sokka

posted

Don't you dare forget the sun - get scared

it's not exactly 100% emo but it got me into the subculture in 2012 as kind of a gateway

Report Reply

Reply by piercethejayla

posted

don't you dare forget the sun by get scared

Report Reply

Reply by gh0st

posted

I think it was I don't love you by mcr

And also the one about all the small things by blink-182

Report Reply