Topic: what got you into horror and when?

Sort Replies:

Reply by pseudoScribe

posted

Definitely horror animes and old jrpgs that I watched/played in middle school.

Report Reply

Reply by robi!

posted

one of my close friends forced me to watch a horror movie. i was absolutely terrified of horror movies before that and it completely changed everything. i found some fun in being scared, so now i love everything horror lmao

Report Reply

Reply by NYX the fatherless

posted

After my dad passed away, I needed a coping strategy. I was scrolling through movies late at night and saw a bunch of horror movies. I said, "What the heck, why not" and I clicked on a random one. It's now a coping strategy I have used since 2021.

Report Reply

Reply by Laurenbanga

posted
updated

When I was 6 or 7 my dad bought movie cds from a guy in  a van and it was mislabeled and it turned out to be a horror movie, i cant remember the name, but i vividly remember watching witches being gruesomly hung and coming back to life looking terrifying (no, not hocus pocus lol)watched it all and that is when it ✨️began ✨️ and kept growing that my family was worried something was wrong w me  lolllll 

Report Reply

Reply by finny

posted

idk my dad always watched horror movies and such but i think the first thing i consciously thought of as horror was probaly fnaf but if were talking about proper tv horror i think it would be the descent 

Report Reply

Reply by Theodore C

posted

I re-watched Killer Klowns from Outerspace so many times but I rlly got into horror movies pretty recently, maybe three years ago, I had a whole fancy list of all the ones I wanted to watch and ratings for them too cause I was suddenly so passionate about it but I've lost it :'-)

Report Reply

Reply by diego

posted

My Dad.

My dad has always been a fan of horror movies so i experienced a lot of horror back when i was younger and we had a lot of talks with teachers because of that lmao. 

Report Reply

Reply by Nail_Bunny

posted

RAAHHHH THE BLOB RAAAHHHHH. no but like when i was 5 or 6 my pop showed me this remake of this movies called the blob and I remember pissing my pants that night =[. I rewatched the movie and it's still really good 9/10!

Report Reply

Reply by VoiceMail

posted

Classic FANF and when I saw a rats heart on a sidewalk I actually have a pic of it to this day 

when: 6-7 AND I STILL LOVE GORE AND HORROR TO THIS DAY

.'/,-Y"     "~-.  

l.Y             ^.           

/\               _\_  

i            ___/"   "\ 

|          /"   "\   o !   

l         ]     o !__./   

\ _  _    \.___./    "~\  

X \/ \            ___./  

( \ ___.   _..--~~"   ~`-.  

` Z,--   /               \    

\__.  (   /       ______) 

\   l  /-----~~" /   

Y   \          / 

|    "x______.^ 

|           \    

|            \

Report Reply

Reply by Twinkiecxm

posted

I used to be a total scaredy cat , then I had a psychotic episode and started being heavily medicated , now I love everything spooky or g0rey .

Report Reply

Reply by Phae

posted
updated

I've been into horror for as long as I can remember. We used to have a Dollar Movie Show and I'd do there all the time growing up, whatching whatever was available.

Report Reply

Reply by Angel

posted

The Goosebumps books are what got me into Horror. And it's been my favorite genre ever since! <3

Report Reply

Reply by keiXx1s13

posted

i dont remember actaully i just know my mom loved true crime and ig i just wanted to be like her 

Report Reply

Reply by Christine Angel

posted

Goosebumps and Courage the Cowardly Dog

Report Reply

Reply by DeadTomagotchi1996

posted

Does gremlins counts? lol

Report Reply

Reply by Melodix

posted

Reply by natalie

posted

i've liked horror stories and stuff since i was little, but my cousin is probably the one who got me really into horror movies. she loves them, and she always wanted me to watch them with her when i slept over.

Report Reply

Reply by pinkmiku

posted

I used to hate horror movies, until my mom showed me Insidious when I was like 10. Then that just like changed something for me and I love them now!! I would always watch scooby doo when I was little as well  ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ 

Report Reply

Reply by Withered Lips touch my own

posted

I've been watching horror since I was little my dad was into heavy metal and horror. Like I have memories of seeking getting is replica freddy Kruger claws and putting it on to look at myself in the mirror. I miss being 5

Report Reply

Reply by Devious Dingle

posted

when i was about 3 or 4 ish my dad showed me a video on youtube titled "the legend of the bunnyman" and i got obsessed with the bunnyman which got me into creepypastas and scary stories. then i watched the bunnyman movie around 5 and played the bunnyman lost souls game whcih got me into horror movies and horror games

Report Reply

Reply by Bagelbiterz

posted

Probably Courage the Cowardly Dog, when I was around 6

Report Reply

Reply by ˚₊‧꒰dalia꒱‧₊˚

posted

probably when i was 7 and got introduced to creepypasta. then eventually fnaf LOL

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ rio raver ☆

posted

Was obsessed with creepypasta when I was around 9-10, then we started watching horror movies during family movie night and I’ve been hooked since!! CX

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕬𝖕𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖔

posted

It or scream when I was 10

Report Reply

Reply by Arowhead

posted

I was probably 5 and obsessed with clips of child's play and I would watch them when ever I wanted I'm older and finally watching them all and I'm really close to finishing them all definitely going to hyperfixa on it. My special interest is horror 

Report Reply

Reply by liz

posted

I've had a soft spot for scary things since I was in my horror game phase at 8-10 years old when I liked shit like ddlc and yandere simulator. I found horror generally fascinating and I guess that progressively turned into a fan of horror films too over the years and ever since I got into the evil dead series recently I haven't looked back and now horror is all I watch haha

Report Reply

Reply by Marianne

posted

I started getting into horror as a young kid with shows like Are You Afraid of the Dark?, Goosebumps, and The Twilight Zone.

Report Reply

Reply by HATSUNE★MIKU!

posted

A point and click horror game came out and was made by Scott cawthon.

That game was Five nights at Freddy’s and for 9 years now I’ve been a fan it’s my hyper fixation I LOVE FNAF SO FXCKING MUCH★

Report Reply

Reply by HATSUNE★MIKU!

posted

A point and click horror game came out and was made by Scott cawthon.

That game was Five nights at Freddy’s and for 9 years now I’ve been a fan it’s my hyper fixation I LOVE FNAF SO FXCKING MUCH★

Report Reply

Reply by CamillaH

posted

idek. i've always loved horror

Report Reply

Reply by vampire fraulein

posted

i got sucked into reading creepypastas and stuff when i was like 10 and have been obsessed with horror since. think i found creepypastas through someordinarygamers' really really old deleted videos on yt

Report Reply

Reply by TheSkullripper666

posted

Horror?

Yes... I was born in it... from the confines of my EVIL DUNGEON OF DOOM... 

There laid copies of Evil Dead III... Army of Darkness, was it?

That was my first real taste... of TRUE... ABSOLUTE... HORROR...

Report Reply

farthest i can think back on what got me into horror was early creepypastas 

things like eyeless jack, smile dog, and 1999

Report Reply

Reply by ∆{TrickingLittleStuff}∆

posted

Ever since I watch Nightmare on elm street I got scared and now I'm a horror fan

Report Reply

Reply by sugar_lines

posted

My dad got me into horror stuff around the age of 11 and since then ive became a horror fan 

Report Reply

Reply by Melo

posted

When I was 2, I watched a mlp gore video on my tablet, then I started watching similar videos. I started getting into horror movies when I was 4-5 I watched chucky.

Report Reply

Reply by livingdeadmag

posted

a healthy combination of spooky stuff aimed at kids (e.g. goosebumps, casper), and many sleepless nights after reading creepypasta when i was like, ten

Report Reply

Reply by Damien </3

posted
updated

I grew up with a lot of horror on my moms side, mainly with my aunt and mom and I just love it in general. Rob zombie, repo the genetic opera, Stephen king, child’s play, and more are some writers / movies I loved as a kid and still love now. I remember being like 3 years old and obsessed with zombie stuff lol

Report Reply

Reply by Toochi

posted

I watched Child‘s Play (1988) when I was Little.

Report Reply

Reply by jabber

posted

my parents love horror so it was just the genre I grew up watching. I would probably say Scooby Doo, though

Report Reply

Reply by bunbugs

posted

my grandmother said she was watching chucky with me when i was about 1 years old and apparently i was laughing and smiling through the whole thing, BUT that i could remember personally was always going to the scary story section in libraries in elementary and stuff so since i was a toddler i guess

Report Reply

Reply by 🎸 ☆⋆。🎧

posted

i was like 5 and my mom would let me watch the 2007 halloween with her the one rob zombie made and like idk ive been interested since

Report Reply

Reply by Kitsune

posted

i use to see movies with my father 

Report Reply

Reply by caihong

posted

i was scared of them when i was younger but as i got older they were so cool

Report Reply

Reply by Juan

posted

October 31sr, 2021. I never cared for horror until that day when I decided to give A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) before that I had seen a few slasher films but none of them scared them some were pretty bad, so i had very low expectations but had always been curious because of the idea of killing in dreams and making it happen in real life. I was fascinated by the movie up until the very ambiguous ending, nevertheless, I enjoyed it and kept looking for the same excitement I got from that movie in other slashers and then other movies.

Report Reply

Reply by (๑ > ᴗ < ๑) lydia ⋆˚🍥˖°

posted

i've kind of always been into spooky stuff but i'd say probably when i 7 and started read creepypastas/horror stories and watching paranormal footage so i guess that evolved into liking horror movies ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Report Reply

Reply by ★ ɴɪᴋ𝟶ᴍ𝟷 ★

posted

i came out the womb in love with horror 

my mother has always been a horror and metal fan so her favorite story to tell is how she put on a movie to try and get me to settle down and it worked; the movie being the bride of chucky 

Report Reply

Reply by Yush ☆

posted

Grew up watching playthroughs of horror games and also because of creepypasta stories (which now that i look back on aren’t actually that good lol) 

Report Reply

Reply by *.°•angie/🎸\salem•°.*

posted

so right before school started, (so like, the end of august) i had a sleepover at my grandparents house which is where my aunt still lives. my aunt was like, “hey, you’re old enough to watch scary things, wanna watch scream?” and i was like, “sure, i’ll give it a go.” i watched it and was a little queasy at first with all the guts n stuff, but grew to love it. now, i absolutely LOVE the scream franchise and im on the 4th movie :) i haven’t seen many horror films, but plan to watch many more. i just haven’t seen many bcz im just not much of a movie person lol

Report Reply

Reply by *.°•angie/🎸\salem•°.*

posted

so right before school started, (so like, the end of august) i had a sleepover at my grandparents house which is where my aunt still lives. my aunt was like, “hey, you’re old enough to watch scary things, wanna watch scream?” and i was like, “sure, i’ll give it a go.” i watched it and was a little queasy at first with all the guts n stuff, but grew to love it. now, i absolutely LOVE the scream franchise and im on the 4th movie :) i haven’t seen many horror films, but plan to watch many more. i just haven’t seen many bcz im just not much of a movie person lol

Report Reply