« Parties and Nightlife Forum

The Best of the Spacehey Forum Nomination Thread

Posted by MIZ

posted
updated

Forum: Parties and Nightlife

Welcome to the Official thread for the Best of the Spacehey Forums Nominations 

For those that don't know, at the end of each year we like to commend people, funny moments, funny comments, and things that have happened in a BEST OF THE SPACEHEY FORUM Ballot for other forum people to vote on.

This is the thread to post the funny moments in or comments or things that you think should be considered for the ballot.

Just post where the thread is, where the post happened, or people involved or the funny comment that someone said that you think should be added to the end of the year ballot.
It will help me and others to locate category nominations easier when it comes time to vote.

I encourage everyone to get involved and let's have some fun with this.

Report Topic

51 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Koala

posted

Reply by Koala

posted

Reply by Koala

posted

Reply by ‎‧₊˚✧ Sunray ✧˚₊‧

posted
updated

edit: I have no idea how to do this

Report Reply

Reply by Celina Pelina

posted

So excited for this!

Report Reply

Reply by Kat

posted

I agree! But really hard! lol

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

Hello Friends 
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the contest! I am too

Keep the messages coming and your ideas and of course...your votes!
Just remember though....

I am not in the United States. So whatever time it is where you are add 8 hrs and that's my time.
If I don't reply to your message right away or add your friendship request, please know that I will.
Don't stop messages if I don't answer immediately.
I will address everything the minute I see it.
I'm usually up until 1 ish or 2am.

Keep your thoughts and ideas coming!
Talk to you soon.

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

Voting has begun! 3 ballots in so far!

Remember you have all month and you can change your votes anytime up until December 31st

Report Reply

Reply by Gavin

posted

Happy 1st day of December and voting!

Report Reply

Reply by Becks

posted

Good luck y'all 

Report Reply

Reply by Celina Pelina

posted

Lets get voting!!

Report Reply

Reply by Katie Leigh ♡

posted

OMG this is amazing. I didn't even know this. I would like to thank my family, my friends, and YALL MVPS :P

Okay, voting time!

Report Reply

Reply by MarlaSinger

posted
updated

We were just talking about this in the Lounge too.

Thank you to all the regulars that put the lists together. 

I appreciate being included. 

I've only been here a couple of months but it's nice to know that people notice you when you don't think that people do.

Don't forget to vote!!

Report Reply

Reply by Celina Pelina

posted

I think this is the first time I've been included lol I;m excited!

Report Reply

Reply by Sabrina

posted

Same but I'm newer than you are.
But thank you for my nomination and for the thread nomination that I post in

Report Reply

Reply by Cranky Old Witch

posted

Results, please?

Report Reply

Reply by Celina Pelina

posted

I can't wait to see who won lol

Report Reply

Reply by Jeff of the 12 Monkeys

posted

Is there a reveal date?

Report Reply

Reply by Celina Pelina

posted

Miz only said he'd post the results in January, I dont know if he mentioned a specific date

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

Sorry for the wait, this was the best turnout so far and a lot of fun. I have to say it was especially fun to read what people wrote next to their votes as to why they were voting for this person. I'll share some of them as I post the winners.
There were a lot of votes to go through, like I said a little over 80.
I've read, and re-read through everything and finally came up with your winners.

Within each category I will list as follows....3rd place, 2nd place and then your winner voted by you. I will also start with the last category and move up from there listing the most popular 

Now without further distractions I give you:

THE 2023 BEST OF THE SPACEHEY FORUMS WINNERS

Best forum for entertainment: 3rd place: Friends Forum
2nd place: Parties & Nightlife Forum
WINNER: GENERAL FORUM

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

Best Vacation Someone Took and Shared Play by Play action:

3rd place: Eamon (Hot Rod Power Tour)
2nd Place: Presley's (Greece trip)
Winner: Reece to Hershey Park and to meet his (now) girlfriend 
People thought it was cute that Reece attempted to bring her flowers on his last day there, but she wasn't there so he left them on her doorstep, and after he left she told him she was right down the street getting an oil change.

Most Devoted Player In a Forum Game: 

Everyone unanimously said the same 3 names when it came to the forum games, it was only a matter of counting each name to find a winner

3rd place: Heartbeats
2nd Place: Cranky Old Witch
WINNER: Christina

People love how the 3 old them stick with the game and bring the girls to victory every time.
What people want to know is how many wins do the women have now?

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted
updated

Best Forum Moment:

3rd place: People thought the Kat & Katey fight to friendship was funny, because they started out so mad at each other and then worked it out and both apologized and became friends after. 

2nd place: The post off contest in the Something Else thread. To see who can post the most consecutive days in a row. I believe ASH ended up being the winner with a little over a month

WINNER of best forum moment: Again a lot of people picked Steve ranting about the thieves at his job. Although he claims these days that he's stopped worrying about it and won't yell to them to please die, we don't believe him and think that he'll be back to enforce all corruption in his store soon enough. lol  

Best One hit wonders (They've only made one thread but it's a fun thread):

3rd place: Hisui (ESCAPE HALLOWEEN THREAD) in Parties & Nightlife. Not an exciting thread but at the time had only 1 post and people were trying to make the thread move down in the forum so their thread would move up. So a group started to post there to try to destroy the thread.

2nd place: Jeff(Interuption thread) Parties & Nightlife

WINNER: Landon (Song Titles Thread) Parties & Nightlife

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted
updated

Best Thread Creator:

3rd Place: Miz (Gender Wars) Thank you all

2nd Place: Vape Geoff (Lounge) A lot of people who voted said they don't post there but with it being the first conversation thread in the forum and with that many posts it should win

WINNER: 2nd year in a row KOM Even though he's not around that much anymore, based on the number of his threads (Last Person to Post Wins, Change the Word, Answer a Question with a Question, Actions Only, Alphabet Game) and how popular they still are.

Best Duos in the forum: 

3rd place: Reece & Squeege (The Closers)
2nd Place: Celina & Cesar (The first Basement Couch thread)

WINNER: Becks & Koala. (The Lounge) Everyone remembered their drunk posting nights and Koala trying to get Becks to not buy anything off of Amazon. But Becks wouldn't listen and then when she looked back the next day at what she bought they had a good laugh about it.

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

Gone but not forgotten posters (Posters who have disappeared but people still ask about them or talk about them):

3rd Place: Frankie (Something else thread) Frankenstein picture
2nd Place: Hoover (The Drunken Clam)
WINNER: Chloe
The majority of votes were for Chloe. Someone had said in the forum that they spoke to her on Discord at the end of the summer and said she was thinking about returning to Spacehey but that was 6 months ago. 

Best Profile Pic of Partial Face:

3rd Place: Jeff
2nd Place: Cranky Old Witch
WINNER: Limabean (From her nose down) or as some wrote in "LIPS"

Best Profile Pic not of the user:

3rd Place: Total Drama Profiles
2nd Place: Duck
WINNER: URlocalPossum because the poster drew the pic from characters they made up. Quite a few people thought that was most original. 

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

Best Line Used In a Thread:

3rd Place: "It's Jeff!....Did I mention this was Jeff?" Jeff from Something Else thread
2nd Place: "Good Morning Spacehey Friends and Internet Strangers" Landon from Something Else Thread
WINNER: "Morning Humanoids" Steve Something Else Thread.

Best Profile Pic w/a Serious Face:

3rd Place: Lando (Something Else Thread)
2nd Place: Steve (Something Else Thread)

WINNER: Celina (Basement Couch Thread) People said, Celina is always serious in her pics but makeup and hair is always perfect.

Best Profile Pic w/a Smile:

3rd Place: ASH (Something Else Thread)
2nd Place: Katie (Something Else Thread)

WINNER: Presley (The Lounge) Many votes for Presley in this category.

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

Best 2023 Spacehey Newcomer (Poster who has arrived in 2023 and has been around consistantly):

3rd Place: KAT (D/Gens thread & Closers)
2nd Place: UrLocalPossum (The Lounge thread)

WINNER: Dahling (Dahling's Rainblow Room of Mischievous Castaways & Closeted Clientele)

Most Mysterious Spacehey User:

3rd Place: Duck
2nd Place: MIZ (lol Thank You)

WINNER: This was a write in by many with the most votes: LaMon 

Funniest Thread (Non Conversation or Game Thread)

3rd Place: Last Person to Post Here Wins Thread (General Forum)
2nd Place: Answer a Question with a Question Thread (General Forum)

WINNER: *ACTIONS ONLY* (General Forum)

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

Best Game Thread:

3rd Place: Count to 2024 Before Midnight on New Years Eve 2023 (Parties & Nightlife Forum)
2nd Place: Take One Leave One (General Forum)

WINNER: Gender Game (General Forum) Thanks again!

Best Conversation Thread:

3rd Place: The Drunken Clam (Parties & Nightlife Forum)

2nd Place: Something Else (General Forum)

WINNER: The Lounge (General Forum)

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

Best Poster Posting About Work (Posts about how they hate their job/What they're doing at their job)

3rd Place: Lando (Junk man Something Else thread)
2nd Place: Becks (Reception Desk Late shift Lounge thread)

WINNER: How could the winner not be Steve? (referring to his job as the "shit hole" and all the stories, hands down winner. lol

Funniest Poster (Female)

3rd Place: Becks  (The Lounge, Dahling's thread)
2nd Place: KAT (Something Else Thread)

WINNER: DALL (Something Else Thread)

Funniest Poster (Male):

3rd Place: Jeff (Something Else Thread)
2nd Place: MVP (Closers Thread)

WINNER: Reece (Closers Thread)

Report Reply

Reply by The Miz

posted

LAST BUT NOT LEAST......THE FINAL 2 CATEGORIES

FRIENDLIEST FORUM POSTER (FEMALE)

3rd Place- DALL 

2nd Place - Presley

WINNER: Becks (Many people added nice comments with their posts including: Not to embarrass her but I wanted to share some of the things people added.
"The kind of person you're going to meet and will never forget" "One of the nicest people here", "A friend to all, a foe to none.", "Always there to listen to problems or complaints and give advice", "She's like the Mom of the forum" "The Queen of the Lounge"  "She's friendly to me and I believe she actually likes me, which is hard to believe because everyone else in the forum can't stand me."

Friendliest Forum Poster (MALE)

3rd Place: Reece (Something Else Thread, Closers thread) Always funny and friendly to new people. He was really nice and helped out when I was new here.

2nd Place: Steve (Something Else Thread) Steve is the kind of guy that will talk to everyone. Really friendly guy in a quiet kind of way.

WINNER: Eamon (Lounge, Game threads, Closers Thread, Drunken Clam Thread) Some people wrote, again, not to embarrass him but I thought the things were nice to post.

Eamon is an all around nice guy. He talks to everyone. Will ask the new people, "What brings you to the forum?" 
"He always tries to keep the peace and tries to defuse forum drama before it starts by talking things out."  "He's a level headed nice guy" "Friendly guy who knows a lot about cars" lol

That's it guys. These are your 2023 BEST OF THE SPACEHEY FORUM WINNERS.

Remember...myself and a handful of people put the lists together but YOU are the ones that voted for your favorites. People are watching and notice the good, fun people that make up the forums. 

So now I want to make this thread for Nominations. Throughout the year people can point out fun things that have happened in the forums or fun new people or funny comments that people have said or something funny that happened and address it in this thread. 
When making your post, list the Thread that the potential nomination is in and all people involved. 

Even if it's something within your thread or a thread that you post in, point it out. It will make the 2024 nominations easier to find for people. 
Thanks again for all the help and everyone who voted. This is always a lot of fun.

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

Woo. I won stuff!

Thanks for the inclusion & votes, Humanoids

Just one little  thing... The job is the 'shit-show', my city is the 'shit-hole'. lol

Thanks again

Report Reply

Reply by Becks

posted

Thanks y'all for the kind things you said. I truly appreciate it and thank you for thinking of me. Congratulations to each and every one of you. 

Thank you Miz and all the others for all the time and hard work you put into this.  You didn't have to.  It's  appreciated.  And so are you. 

Report Reply

Reply by Presley

posted

Congratulations to everyone who won. This was fun and hopefully the tradition continues 

Thanks to Miz and everyone who helped put this together 

Thank you for everyone who voted for me. That was reallly  cool

Report Reply

Reply by Dahling

posted

OMG Thank you for my votes everyone! I appreciate it!
Congratulations to everyone who won or placed top 3. 
Such an amazing job by Mr. Miz and crew. I know you aren't affiliated with Spacehey (at least I don't  think you are) but thank you for taking time out of your personal life and putting this all together.
It was fun, can't wait for the next one!

Report Reply

posted

Thanks all for all the votes for me! 

Congratulations to all the winners 

Ty to Miz for doing this.

I saw ducks post in the clam, I wasn’t here in 22 but would like to see the 2022 results too if you have them miz or get a chance to post them. 

Btw it’s Jeff!

Report Reply

Reply by Reece

posted

Yooooooooo Ty to everyone for the votes. That’s friggin awesome and I appreciate the win and mentions.

Congratulations to all the winners

Thanks miz for doing all you do.

I’m not on as much as I used to be but I’m going to try to be on more soon. I miss talking to everyone. 

I’m rolling out my own Tattoo shop with my sister and 2 other investors. We just moved into our new studio and we’re looking at a March opening. Wish me luck 

Report Reply

Reply by Steve Raines

posted

That's awesome Reece! Congrats and good luck!

Also hi ppl I haven't talked to in like, 2 years lol

Report Reply

Reply by Becks

posted

Reece! My SH son. I haven't seen you in forever.  That's awesome. I know will be a great success 

Hiya Steve 

Report Reply

Reply by Celina Pelina

posted

omg this was awesome! Congrats to everyone who participated and those who won! I appreciate y'all for voting for me lol - I feel honored and I'll keep up the serious faces and full face of makeup for 2024

and thanks Miz for organizing all of this! The effort and dedication is unmatched!

Report Reply

Reply by Landon

posted

Sorry I'm late. I was without internet for the week with my 30+ inches of snow. lol

Congrats to all the winners! This was really great and a good idea for the thread too. 
Thanks to MIZ and crew for putting this together.

Report Reply

Reply by Dahling

posted

For consideration for the 2024 Ballot Under Best forum moment category.

I'd like to nominate Macey. (Cranky Old Witch) She does a humorous history lesson with each number in the Let's Count to 2025 before New Years Eve 2024 thread. Definitely worth a read. LOL

Report Reply

Reply by MarlaSinger

posted
updated

For Consideration for the 2024 SH Best of Forums,

I would like to nominate Larkin from the Lounge thread as a Cool New Person in 2024.

He's funny and friendly to everyone.

Report Reply

Reply by MIZ

posted

Noted! Thank you for the input and keep the nominations coming

Report Reply

Reply by Presley

posted
updated

In the category for best line or catchphrase I’d like to nominate my girl Marla with her line

Wait…..wut?

Report Reply

Reply by MarlaSinger

posted

LOL TY Pres.

For your consideration Please add Marmot from the Lounge thread as a Cool New Person on the  2024 ballot.

She's a lot of fun too.

Also for Consideration for Best Forum moment of 2024 From the Lounge thread.
Larkin not believing that Steve has never heard the Song DO RE MI from the Sound of Music before. Steve Swears that he's never heard before. 
It's a really funny story, Larkin uses Videos and Lyrics and sing-a-longs to try and jolt Steve's memory. It's from Monday February 12th.  LOL

Report Reply

Reply by Sabrina

posted

For consideration on the 2024 Ballot please put Dino under the category funniest Male poster. 

Report Reply

Reply by Landon

posted

For consideration I would like to suggest a new category

Best return of a poster and add Elizabeth (Beth) to it

She had returned and had been posting in the lounge and clam and it’s good to see her again.

Report Reply

posted

To add to that Best Return of a Spacehey poster I'd like to nominate KAT from the old Dgens thread, she is now posting in Something else thread.

Report Reply

Reply by Celina Pelina

posted

I don't remember if there was a section about new forum topics, but Kathrine and Macy/Cranky Old Witch has a few new cool ones! I'd like to nominate her for new cool forum topics!

Katherine's Forums

The Dream Journal Archive (Dreams and Supernatural Forum)

King Kitty's Decree (General)

Post Pictures of Ur Pets (General)

Hot Mess Express (Parties and Nightlife)

Hearty Recipes (Food and Restaurants)

Macy's Forums

The Wholesome Thread(Life)

Generic Discussion Topic Here (General)

Report Reply

Reply by MarlaSinger

posted
updated

For the jury's consideration, I'd like to nominate two SH user's for Best Comments on the 2024 Nomination ballots.

#1) My girl Presley for always reminding us that she lives... "In Beautiful Astoria Queens"
Or....."Out here in beautiful Astoria Queens", or "Why not visit, beautiful Astoria Queens?"

Just the "beautiful Astoria Queens" comment.

#2) My other girl Becks for her "WE ARE BOMGAARS!" Statement. Without her, there would be no Bomgaars

lol

Report Reply