Topic: any game you never finished?

Sort Replies:

Reply by Elfie Dreame

posted

I’ve really only ever finished a few of the games I’ve played! I’m constantly starting new games on Stardew, still starting and stopping Slime Rancher, never finished Dark Souls, never even finished any of my super Mario saves on my gameboy or DS!

Report Reply

Reply by bonnie

posted

i softlocked my twilight princess game when i was 12 and it’s still the only zelda game i have yet to finish :’)

Report Reply

Reply by 3PSIL0N__

posted

I'm a year late to this but there's two games I've never beaten (for different reasons)

The first game is Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. That game was everything to me when I was a kid but I never managed to get passed the Circus Park world back then, I just ordered some new wires for my gamecube so that is definitely the first game I'm playing when I get it wired up!

The second one is Sonic Adventure, I have zero patience and very bad thasslophobia (fear of underwater/deep water) so I know I won't be able to beat Big the Cats story.

In all honesty I have a pretty long list but those are the main two that haunt me/hj

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

super mario advance 2: super mario world i never completed it cuz i last played it when i was 7 or 8

Report Reply

Reply by taotm07

posted

Zelda II, Final Fantasy I, Sonic 4

Report Reply

Reply by xXs0ft_shad0wXx

posted

Smashed out Mega Man BN 6 Falzar over a weekend and got up to the fight with Falzar but couldn't beat it. Then because I was young and stupid, I lost my DS along with the cartridge. I've tried emulating on my phone but the v buttons suck ass for a (at times) fast-paced game. 

Report Reply

Reply by xenon

posted

i never finished botw, mario odyssey, or layton vs wright
i was going to beat urbosa's giant camel thing which was the last beast i needed to beat before ganon but then a bunch of other games came out and i couldn't stay focused on one game at a time
that was the first time i played a mario game since like 2011 and it was so different from games that i actually liked that i just. didnt finish it
i was playing layton vs wright on an emulator but one day every time i tried to open the rom the emulator immediately crashed so now ive played every ace attorney game but the layton one

Report Reply

Reply by DeryckEleven

posted
updated

I’ve been playing since NES days and my list of games that I own(ed) that I never beat is large, even when not counting the games I’ve obtained it never played (also sizeable). But among the games I’ve never beat that I think I will ever get back to includes: Suikoden II, III, and V; Yakuza 0 and Like a Dragon; Final Fantasy III (assuming my cart still works) or VI (if I have to play a different version); and Breath of the Wild. Games I own that I don’t think I’ll ever get around to beating, even though I really enjoyed include Persona 1 and 2; Suikoden IV (I feel like I’m in the minority with this one); Phantasy Star IV; Shining Force; and Catherine.

Report Reply

Reply by Happy_Dark_Relem

posted

Persona 5 (original)

Report Reply

Reply by Duke

posted

CULT OF THE LAMB
i really have to finish that game

and alien isolation but ill piss myself istg

Report Reply

Reply by mumube (she/her)

posted

Never beat subnautica because of my crippling fear of the ocean but it was worth a shot. Really fun and stressful at the same time

Report Reply

Reply by Opal

posted

I really should, but I haven't even come close to finishing Baldur's Gate 3. I really should but like I just haven't gotten around to it + I only have like 4 hours .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

Report Reply

Reply by cpt.casper

posted

Honestly I never finish my pokemon games. I love them, I always have fun in them! But i always get distracted before actually finishing the game. Only pkm game I've actually finished is a ruby rom lmao.

Report Reply

Reply by Jam Jammy

posted

Every single souls game. I picked them up, thoroughly enjoyed them, get significantly far in. And then boom, I just stop playing them. A couple I'm like RIGHT at the end but I just don't ever finish for some reason.

Report Reply

Reply by ꧁༺𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐥༻꧂

posted

I never really got to finish the long dark which kinda sucks because its actually a pretty cool game but it feels just super grindy sometimes and it can get pretty rough when you make a simple mistake

another game i havent finished yet would be minecraft like fully beat the enderdragon and everything, i dont know why but im a builder nerd so i havent really played much survivial

Report Reply

Reply by Otter

posted

one game i wish i could’ve finished was Rayman Origins. I lost a lot of my data for it transferring my 360 data to my new console and it sort of made me lose motivation to play it. I can finish it right now but i pretty much know everything that’s gonna happen so it’s just the lack of motivation that got me !!

Report Reply

Reply by Otter

posted

one game i wish i could’ve finished was Rayman Origins. I lost a lot of my data for it transferring my 360 data to my new console and it sort of made me lose motivation to play it. I can finish it right now but i pretty much know everything that’s gonna happen so it’s just the lack of motivation that got me !!

Report Reply

Reply by Otter

posted

Report Reply

Reply by TheFluffyOne

posted

Could never beat Doom Eternal solely because I'm red/green colorblind. The marauders signature green eye glint is completely lost to me because it just looks gray, so by the time I recognize that it's attacking I've already been torn asunder. I've tried playing with the colorblind modes too and honestly it's doesn't do much in terms of letting me distinguish colors easier. I wanna give a try again but who knows when I'll have the mental fortitude.

Report Reply

Reply by Angel

posted

I've been playing Hollow Knight for 3 years now and I still can't get the true ending cause Joy-Con drift has been kicking my ass. 

Report Reply

Reply by ZTKane

posted

Nidhog, the first one.

Im not good at sword combat :(

Report Reply

Reply by Happy_Dark_Relem

posted

Any of the classic sonic games. They are very challenging when you don't know what is coming lol

Report Reply

Reply by garfieldfan2015

posted

Lego City Undercover

I was really young and had the attention span of a goldfish and it was too hard for lil me.

Report Reply

Reply by nathan64

posted

In terms of 100%ing, LBP1 and 2 are some that come to mind.

Report Reply

Reply by Gianni09

posted

For me, it is the original silent hill, i dunno, it is one of my favourite games afer sh2 but the first one, i never seen the ending screen by my own.

Report Reply

Reply by ellabear

posted

i used to play crash bandicoot as a kid but never finished it too! another game i played in my childhood but didn't finish was dogz for the ps2. other than that, i also haven't finished hollow knight (despite my enjoyment of it).

Report Reply

Reply by mick !

posted

ive been trying to complete night in the woods fr like a year but i can never play for long enough to make any significant progress. its so much fun but i get so wrapped up in the decisions that its impossible to get anywhere! its such a pretty game though, i usually log on just to play the bass rhythm game and then dissapear again 

Report Reply

Reply by Taterinx

posted

Dragon Quest XI. It's charming in every way but eventually it felt like it was going on forever, and then when I would come back from a break I wouldn't know how exactly to pick it back up again without feeling like I should start from the beginning (I've never restarted for the sole reason of not wanting to undo those hundreds of hours lmao)

Maybe I just have commitment issues. I've taken long hiatus' from other games and returned smoothly, though, so who knows what's up. Lovely game though, if you're dedicated!

Report Reply

Reply by rip2hobodega

posted

COD Black ops 2

Report Reply

Reply by emoboyminh

posted

ironically enough, zelda the wind waker

Report Reply

Reply by ☆𝕮𝖆𝖗𝖔☆

posted
updated

Final Fantasy X-2

I loved playing that game when I was little and I really miss playing that game. I still have it, and I still have my PS2. I would love to play it again, but sometimes, I am very busy. That game was my favorite! I am still planning to buy the new game on Steam in this computer I am using rn. \^o^/

Report Reply

Reply by Calbia

posted
updated

I have so many games I haven't finished LOL

A Link Between Worlds, DMC3, Yakuza 0, Arkham Asylum, Cyberpunk 2077, God of War, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Little Nightmares(Though I finished 2), MGR Revengeance, Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One, South Park The Fractured But Whole, Red Dead Redemption 2....I think that's it lol. Some games just stop interesting me over time and then I never feel like finishing it, so I don't. Except for Little Nightmares. I was going to, but then it did that thing where it corrupts your save file so I quit. Maybe next decade I'll get around to it lol

Oh and FFX-2

Report Reply

Reply by sid⋆˚✿˖°

posted

almost every kirby game lol. i play five minutes of it and then forget to ever complete it

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕬𝖕𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖔

posted

Undertale, I was obsessed with it but kinda forgot about it

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ doll.

posted
updated

Aas much as I loooove the Catherine series, I can't for the life of me finish Catherine Classic, the first game. I finished Catherine: Full Body waaaay to fast on Nintendo Switch. Catherine Classic kinda just sits in my Steam library, unfinished. :x 

I love the Devil May Cry series.. but I can't for the LIFE of me finish even Devil May Cry 5,, when the whole series was bought for me. T_T I LOVE V, I say he's my video game husband,, and I LOVE Nico.. I just cant'.. finish.. DMC5. :c

Report Reply

Reply by S0upxx

posted

I’ve never finished Mario Oddessy beyond story mode, fire emblem warriors and Jedi survivor. I just forgot about the games and moved on to newer ones but eventually I’ll get back 

Report Reply

Reply by Danica

posted

I'm guilty of never finishing Super Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy, both are cool games though!

Report Reply

Reply by AlexXenon <3

posted

NGL havent finished delatrune yet

Report Reply

Reply by namuH

posted

suprisingly enough, i have never beaten minecraft. i play it quite a bit, and i've owned the game for years, but i have never actually finished the game once. the farthest i've ever made it in survival mode is the dungeon to the end.

Report Reply

Reply by nopixel

posted

to this day, ive never beaten sans at the end of the undertale no mercy route

Report Reply

Reply by lowzie

posted
updated

my singing monsters, cuz i didn’t installed it lmaoooo

Report Reply

Reply by Toochi

posted

Still stuck on the last boss in Mario Strikers (Wii) it's that piranha plant .

Report Reply

Reply by Carboniferous

posted
updated

Lego Batman for PS3. I've completed the main story line, but I never actually 100%'d the game.

Besides that, for the longest time, I never actually beat The Desolate Hope. My reaction time would always be too low, and back then I never really understood how an RPG worked. Only a few years ago did I manage to beat it.

A game I never even played was TellTale Back To The Future. I have the game, but I never bothered playing it. Real shame too, I like Back To The Future.

Report Reply

Reply by xX4v3R4G3_DuD3_Xx

posted

GTA 4, as much as I love the game ive just never had the time to actually go in and finish the story, the farthest i ever got was like halfway through

Report Reply

Reply by Toochi

posted

Berserk: Band of The Hawks (Ps4)

that‘s an example

Report Reply

Reply by V

posted

I haven’t finished most of the games I’ve started, but i really regret not finishing sunset overdrive when i still had it.. it was SO FUN

Report Reply

Reply by V4NCE

posted

Yakuza and The Evil Within, I gave up after a couple of trys

Report Reply

Reply by gabe.ogg

posted

Legit i never finished a single game properly. Always with cheats or i just didnt finish them :sob:

Report Reply

Reply by Benjamin Montes

posted

Might and Magic V, Darkside of Xeen. Always thought IV was so much better, so I beat it. Could never even get past the beginning of V.

Report Reply

Reply by bunnybunny

posted

that's probably most of the games i've played but i have a couple of notable ones i can talk about.

pokemon white 2 - i somehow got stuck in the nimbasa city gym and never got out until years later when i played a bit of it again because of nostalgia.

pokemon x - never beat the elite four.

yo-kai watch 3 - this one's weird because i really wanted an english release for the game but by the time it came out i was starting to become less interested in the gameplay. i still really like the characters and story but the only way i can see myself actually playing the game now is if i cheated.

morenatsu - technically i beat the game (as in i completed a character's route) but i've always wanted to play all the routes including the bad endings. however, i've recently downloaded the game again and i'm playing it now.

Report Reply