Topic: Old or new?

Sort Replies:

Reply by Evan

posted

i'm a gen-z emo XD i'm 16 and i first got into emo a bit more than a year agoಠ_ಠ

Report Reply

Reply by ....

posted

Im so new in this im gen z emo/scene starting from moment, sorry by my bad english i will speak better i promess

Report Reply

Reply by Gryphon

posted

2008-2012 era. 

Report Reply

Reply by Petercat

posted

I’m 32. In 2005/2006 I had a “MySpace bf” from

Canada. He introduced me to the show CBC Radio 3 that had a lot of wonderful music on it! He also introduced me to the emo band Indian Summer. It became one of my favorite bands, imagine my surprise when I found out my Canadian MySpace Boyfriend had shown me a band that was from near me! I’m California!! Also this is v random but for any Saosin/Circa Survive fans out there check out Anthony’s earlier projects, especially Audience of One!  

Report Reply

Reply by AmandaRachelle

posted

same like 2010-2016 middle to hs years for me and when i got into everything. i like new stuff too tho and listening to stuff before my time. im 23 meant to be an inbetweener w these gen wars haha. 

Report Reply

Reply by BrutalBetty

posted

I guess I was in the midst of the "kinda old school emo," from 2004 to 2010/11. It was a wonderful yet chaotic time. Everything from finding new underground emo/scene bands, top 8 arguments, pc4pc, and finding the most unique profile layouts and formats. 

Report Reply

Reply by rowan<3

posted

Reply by Paige

posted
updated

I got into emo/scene culture in its peak around 2007-2013. I'm really grateful that at the time my mom let me go all out with the clothes, hair, makeup, jewelry, and even let me get my first tattoo at 16. Those years kinda sucked for me in general but looking back, being allowed to express myself like that made shit a lottttt more bearable.

Report Reply

Reply by Caytlin Thompson

posted

My emo "phase" started in 2010/2011 back in 7th grade aaaaaaand it's not a phase mom! So I guess that means I'm kinda old-school/kinda early gen z

Report Reply

Reply by xXR0se_th0rnzXx

posted

Well I’ve been alternative for as long as I can remember but I’ve just recently became a scene kid because of my love for neon colors and relating to scene kids that grew up with nightcore!

So I can say mid 2020-2021

Ps: 2016-2019 me would obsess over 2021 me because I used to always draw what can be considered emo hair back then  

Report Reply

Reply by liam o.-

posted
updated

bro im so late (gen z)

Report Reply

Reply by LOGAN LIGHTNING

posted

Reply by shitnado_9000

posted

i got on this website like 3 days ago XDD

Report Reply

Reply by Rebecca

posted

Little bit of both for me. I was emo for just one year back in 2013 cause I had no one else to get me further into it and was too self conscious so I stopped. Now after years of always wanting to dress that way I found out about the comeback and am finally fully in it.

Report Reply

Reply by 🌈🦕💖~Grace​~💖🦕🌈

posted

I'm 14 and I saw scene and emo all the time when I was rlly young online and irl. I got into it half a year ago! :D

Report Reply

Reply by NilesTheRobot

posted

Very much new... Barely have any scene clothes or accessories other than a couple graphic tees and all my kandi (^-^;;)

Report Reply

Reply by the anti-christ

posted

I am almost 28, so I guess I am one of the older variant.

I was into most emo and scene things since like about 2007 or 2008?
The years were so long ago in all honesty.

Report Reply

Reply by Jules

posted

I'm a new scenemo kid xD

just recently got into scene/emo culture QwQ

Report Reply

Reply by mikeyd

posted

Was too young to really grasp the idea of styles, but I've been interested in scene fashion since I was like 6 and have only really started to dress and take part in scene in for just above 3 years now. So both new and old, I guess? In the middle? 

Report Reply

Reply by veronica

posted

2011-2018 or so here but ive always been more into the 2000s than what the kids listen to now

Report Reply

Reply by Trippy

posted

sorta new but would love to learn more!! adore the 2000s’ style very much!!

Report Reply

Reply by Apav

posted

Kinda old school. I grew up as a sheltered private schooler so even when I heard or saw something I liked, I never really knew what it was called in order to find more. When I was in high school the emo crowed had already moved on, but I finally learned Punk Rock was what the music I liked was called. After that I dove deep into the scene. Oldschool Straight Edge to modern post-hardcore. I'm kinda stuck in that weird generation that was born between '96 and '00 that doesnt really belong to Gen Y or Z. 

I'm not here for the "retro" aesthetic, I'm here because I've always loved the scene. 

Report Reply

Reply by F1N_SH4RKB0Y

posted

I missed out on so much- i'm very new to the style and the community, and i missed out on what my mother calls "the good old days" (she used to be sc3mo in highschool and college lawlz). I have a hard time expressing myself becuz i live in a ver exclusive and conservative place- like kidz get made fun of 4 dying their hair and wearing stuff that izn't your basic white girl or beach boy style. I haven't gotten the chance to dye my hair- i need recommendationz lawl, and i get made fun of for even wearing flannelz :'[

i'm also 15 btw lawl, and i'm too scared 2 talk to the cooler and braver sc3mo kidz that express themelvez at my school. i feel like i'm not cool enough or don't belong- help!!!

Report Reply

Reply by ॐ PRIYA ॐ

posted

I smacked myself at the very end of the old school vibe (its remnants; 2012-2014ish) -- then things went downhill. 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝖓𝖎𝖆𝖍 𖤐

posted

I'm almost 16 and am pretty new to the whole scene culture thing, but im super curious to learn about the music/style and everything!! If you know any good scene/emo bands please leave them down below as well as places to shop for clothes/accessories; etc! Thank you to everyone in advance!

Report Reply

Reply by Starin

posted

im 15 lolXD

i want to learn about the scene and scemo comunity, im new at all this stuff. im searching on the tktk and yt about all, but i have no one to explain me things like how to do my hair or give ideas of bands to listen ;-;

Report Reply

Reply by .:Jack.Jugular:.

posted
updated

i was pretty young when i started gettin into scemo 10/11 in 2010/11, went a lot more emo when the whole "holy emo trinity" stuff popped up - yanno MCR, FOB, and P!ATD, it kinda coincided with the Dan and Phil obsession. I really dunno what that makes me now cause i'm making a return to the OG style XD

Report Reply

Reply by ZERO!!

posted

gen z emo, i had a yeemo/tumblr emo phase in 2018-2019 but i am now entering my scemo phase (its not a phase mom lolz) and i cant wait to learn all about the glory days xD

Report Reply

Reply by zz0mb13_b01

posted

ima gen z newbie emo n got into the culture 3ish yrs ago- i WISH i was there in the early 2000s :(

Report Reply

Reply by tommy

posted

i was sorta one at 8/9 years old back around 2015 but i was still soo young so all i did back then was listen to the music and talk to ppl on... google+..... tough times ;p.

Report Reply

Reply by AudgePodge

posted

Well, I've been into the whole thing for about a year and a half, but I have a 16 and 12 year age gap with my two older sisters who've greatly influenced me in their ways. They're both millennials and both had MySpace   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Report Reply

Reply by max O_x!!

posted

im a new scene/emo. i wasnt born in that era or waz too young xP. really fun tho!! :DD

Report Reply

Reply by Gayonetta⚡️

posted

Old but I was very young during the big emo days so I didn’t get to hangout late every night with the local emos but I did look the part honestly always been a fashionista I had this huge metal cuff chocker with a huge lime green crystal I have it some where I need to to find it so all my looks had to be built around this necklace and my hair had green pink and electric blue highlights I do miss those times wigs I kissed more boys the endless sea that was the uk emos has now mostly dried up … 

Report Reply

Reply by xXxValentinexXxVenomxXx

posted

I'm gen z in age but I dress n talk like a 2008 scene kid lolz

Report Reply

Reply by headfirst4halos

posted

im a new gen-z emo x3 !!

i was gonna join the rawring 20s group when i first made my profile but then i saw but it was all older emos reminiscing on their myspace days so i felt sorta out of place ;-; 

Report Reply

Reply by olympian

posted
updated

I'm 26, but I had about 6 cousins who graduated in the late 90s and they were all punk/skater... scene kids weren't really a thing yet but they were the closest thing to! They listened to songs like Butterfly by Crazy Town, and actually lived life, had parties, did crazy stuff that people don't really do anymore except in the movies and TV shows.

Report Reply

Reply by pr0mz0mbie2005xD

posted

gen z scemo here! I found emo in 2020 and scene in 2021 and fell in love!

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ LINK/ZOE ☆

posted

Id say im a new scemo kid!! I got into the emo/scene in early 2017, but i was more emo at the time! Then 2020 rolled around and I got more into scene stuff!! XD

Report Reply

Reply by genesis

posted

honestly, I was always fascinated by the style of scene and emo kids when I was a kid in like 2009-2014. But I didn't start being in the subculture until 2021 :p

Report Reply

Reply by BadJujuRu3tw0

posted

Around 2008ish to nao i suppose ^~^

Report Reply

Reply by 4ileEn

posted

im a genz scemo,im 14 and i admire so much the emos and scenes(sorry for my bad english,i speak spanish lmao)

Report Reply

Reply by Savage Sammy ^^

posted

well im 15 BUT i was kind of a scene / emo kid around the 2010s so idk LMAO 

Report Reply

Reply by Mediocre Mint

posted
updated

1'm GenZ (16) but hav3 7ov3d a 7ot to do w1th 3mo and sc3n3 cu7tur3 from an 3arly ag3 such as ty1ng us1ng 3's, the style of clothes, and all around how I seen it. (I was exposed to the Internet from an early age lol) but now I'm a bit older I definitely wanted to see more for this culture and I am absolute heaven with it. 

Generally new to trying more out but not new to the emo/scene area <3

Report Reply

Reply by Dastin Drella

posted

i was born in 2005 and grew up in an hispanic household so shit like this wasnt it till i discover post-hardcore and its culture... IT FUCKIN CHANGE ME FR :P

Report Reply

Reply by xXCharlie_the_CorpseXx

posted

im a gen z emo, but ive always kinda knew what emo means, i just didnt have a deep knowledge + i was a “girly girl” toddler atm lmao

Report Reply

Reply by Aeyjay

posted

Ye Imma gen Z emo I was born in 2007 XP I wish I was a teen in the early 200's thou (;へ:)like bro I'm late

Report Reply

Reply by Crow

posted

im a new alternative person! I liked the style when I was younger but i wasn't allowed to dress that way, it was super sad. now, im old enough to dress how i want!

Report Reply

Reply by Loki

posted

I'm 10 so as you can. Tell I'm not really a old emo (I also JUST got into being emo after A BUNCH of alt phases) but old emos are really cool lawl

Report Reply

Reply by evempire

posted

i was a little scene when i was a kid, but sort of new now l0l

Report Reply

Reply by xXLeia_LiarXx

posted

well i'm definitely a new emo I started like ''dressing emo'' around a year ago but i've liked the music since like late 2018 

Report Reply