« Back to the sc3mo k1dz!! Forum

Old or new?

Posted by altX_cassar

posted
updated

Forum: sc3mo k1dz!! Group

Just wanted to know if ur an wayback oldschool emo (90's to 2001/2), a kinda oldschool emo (2002/3 to 2012/13) or one of the new gen z emos, im in that weird mix of being a very late gen z'er and/or very young meillinal sooo i was on the trail end of the kinda oldschool emo days (2009 to 2013) my emo years were 2010 to 2012/14ish as my 'myspace' style emo days and 2013 to 2016/17 as my 90's revivalist days.

When were yours?

Report Topic

154 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Xx-k1tsun3-k1d-xX

posted

lawl me too xD saw the old scene but was too young/babyish to acctually do anything in it and by the time i could it was over ;-; livin teh dream now tho <3

Report Reply

Reply by Vxmit

posted

Gen z who's kinda newish emo ig? I'm a 17 yr old who's only recently got back into emo (I first got into it at 12 yrs but eventually stopped because I couldn't find other emos, plus I was in the phase of wanting to fit in with the rest of my classmates lol)

Report Reply

Reply by xXZOMBIE.GUTSXx

posted

i am pretty new to the whole thing and i want to learn as much as i can from my elder emos

Report Reply

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

Great question!

I think it all depends on your age and area in regards to what classes as emo or scene.
Both groups where distinctly different where I'm from in Sheffield, England.

I was a Myspace kid from around 2004-2009 (around 17-21)

I'm not cool/old enough to be an original mid-west emo fan, i'm more of a product of the next emo generation and everything that was lumped into that category such as MCR, Panic at the Disco, The Used, Dashboard, Taking Back Sunday and Brand New et al. 

Scene kids were quite different where I was from and were almost exclusively post-hardcore, screamo fans of As I Lay Dying, Underoath, Alexisonfire, HORSE the Band, Refused. They had an exclusive dress code and looked down on anyone lumped under the emo, pop punk, general rock bracket.  Going to hardcore shows seemed like it was less about the music and more about the fashion and at times it could be very cliquey. 

I was a part of both for a while, I remember being a huge MCR fan during the Three Cheers era and then claiming to be 'too cool' for them by the time The Black Parade came around because all the younger kids loved it.  

I think it's all generational, what was emo to me definitely wasn't to the kids a couple of years younger than me at school. Just like life, it changes and evolves. 

Either way, they were some of the best years of my life and I still miss the friends I met on Myspace to this day.  

Report Reply

Reply by Max!!

posted

i AMN 13!! New new new scene/emo enjoyer and it's really fun!! (Bullying sux tho ngl)

Report Reply

Reply by m0n5t3r4dd1ctf4gg0t (Smith) [THOT #4]

posted

definitely a gen-z emo XD. I'm 14

Report Reply

Reply by Rekkz

posted

I 'm from about 2008, I guess xP

Report Reply

Reply by moon gloom

posted

im a gen z scene kid ig but i like to pretend i live in the peak of scene culture lolz =P

Report Reply

Reply by jane

posted

i pretend im living in the 2000's myspace days but im a genz kid LOL

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Melody

posted

Old, I graduated high school in 2000..

Report Reply

Reply by Lexiiii 🎀

posted

i honestly have no clue id say im a new gen z ish emo but at the same time kinda old skool bc even tho im pretty young i grew up around it and was scemo from a very young age (lolz my sister) and even tho i was around 7 at the end of the old school era thats when i PEAKED lol

Report Reply

Reply by emma🎧

posted

New gen z emo xP would kill to be emo in teh 2000z tho 0_o

Report Reply

Reply by Silver

posted

Gen Z :] 

Report Reply

Reply by XxDespairFactionAshtonxX

posted

I was a tail end one too. I started to get into the stuff in 2009. I had my 90s revival phase around the same time as you. 

Report Reply

Reply by xXx_Myst3ryc0re_xXx

posted

gen z, and btw im still kinda new to being scene/emo sooo if u have any tips pls tell me >︿<

Report Reply

Reply by Lily </3

posted

Im like as new to it as one can be because im 15 and I had never heard a lot of the music until the past couple years but now I love it! :)

Report Reply

Reply by killed

posted

im new im 14 xd anyone know where to get cool belts though? ive been looking

Report Reply

Reply by Gloomybuttons...

posted

I just finished the 6th grade. I’m a newer scene kid and I don’t care about your aesthetic. If you are not 14 and under, please don’t ask to be my friend on here. Does anyone remember AllAboutMeep? I do.

Report Reply

Reply by xXxCYB3RN1T3xXx

posted

I'm 21 and I started off as emo at 12 to the best of my ability my friend got me into it by showing me Black Veil Brides, Falling in Reverse, and BOTDF. I have changed a lot since then though and I'm trying to get into being scene. Took me until now to realize I'm an adult I can look like that and my parents can't do anything about it. Anyway Guess I'm a newer emo/scene

Report Reply

Reply by XxxMAN1C_AL13NROACHxxx

posted

ok I feel ashamed to say that I’m new to scene XD when I was younger I had no fucking idea what scene was lmao 

Report Reply

Reply by fru

posted

well I would not say I'm new even if I was born in 2007 bc my sister raised me who was a huge emo so I grew up listening to my chem sws and a looot of linkin park and avril lavigne, I went to an avril concert in 2013 (ofc I was super young 5 years old) I was only there bc my dad and sister could not put me anywhere while they were in the concert. But yeah all in all since I know my mind I'm emo/scene.

Report Reply

Reply by Xx_R41NB0WN16M4R35_xX

posted

i am part of the rawring 20'z resurgence personally

Report Reply

Reply by xXcYbeRgH0uLx

posted

i’ve been in the community for like 3 years XDD 

i’m living my best life here <3 

Report Reply

Reply by CoppeliaFoxworth

posted

I was an emo back in 2013-2017 and now i'm scene lol

Report Reply

Reply by xXKILLxMExJOEYXx

posted

totez a new emo, i became emo in 2020 XD

Report Reply

Reply by mychemical.erinXx

posted

I’m a new emo !

Report Reply

Reply by Pop_punkisso05

posted

Def a new age emo i got into emo/scene properly when i was 13/14ish (for contesxt I’m almost 16 at this point ). but got into what was at the time considered alternative in 2015 to 9 year old me and like “tumblr Emo kids” at the time (ie imagine dragons and top). So like kinda since 2015 but not in like the proper way ig 

Report Reply

Reply by XxCaliConquestxX

posted

I'm a 19 yr old who was an emo kid in middle school right when emo and scene started dying off (2012-2013) and recently got into scene stuff in college (still more emo than scene though).

Report Reply

Reply by XxCaliConquestxX

posted

I'm a 19 yr old who was an emo kid in middle school right when emo and scene started dying off (2012-2013) and recently got into scene stuff in college (still more emo than scene though).

Report Reply

Reply by xX.n0rdic.n0cturnal.Xx

posted
updated

im a kinda old school emo/scene kid, been so since 2011, im 21 now and still going strong being scene/emo

Report Reply

Reply by xXtrinity.toxicityXx

posted

Gen z lol, and while I like the old scene/emo aesthetic and try to replicate it as closely as possible, I am very grateful sometimes that I wasn't alternative when scene/emo was at it's peak. From what I've heard it could get pretty ruthless especially on the scene kids side lmao haven't actually heard many bad things about the peak of emo except for the obvious '^^ was it actually as bad as some people say it was? I keep hearing these like,,, scene kid horror stories from millenials on tiktok and I just have to know if it was really that shitt

Report Reply

Reply by kal-electric

posted

im 16 so newish i've been into emo bands since i was like 5 so yknow it's just a part of me

Report Reply

Reply by xxPawlinaPoisonxx

posted

i am gen z but mentally i`m in 2005 xD i dress like & act as if it was still y2ks

Report Reply

Reply by iSiN

posted
updated

I got into the scene later around 2009 so im like im in the middle cause i love all the old stuff and then as it got into the of mice and men era 

Report Reply

Reply by p3rfectblue

posted

im 15 so newish

Report Reply

Reply by Ceilidh Murphy

posted

I'm 30 so old school. I feel so old here lol.

Report Reply

Reply by Valentin

posted

I'm a new Gen-Z emo kid XD

Report Reply

I was a 2006-2009 MySpace era emo kid, currently 25! its awesome to see what this site is doing, brings back so many good nostalgic vibes

Report Reply

Reply by fall out boy is for lovers

posted

ima gen z kid but i spend copious amounts of time looking through the old forums from lik3 2003-2009 !

Report Reply

Reply by M4RZ !!

posted

1m n3w3r t0 th3 sc3n3 but 1 h0p3 th3 3ld3rs w1ll t3ach m3 th31r wayz

Report Reply

Reply by Ace

posted

I've been emo since 2016. Got bullied a lot for it lol

Report Reply

Reply by Ori

posted

im only 18 but was introduced to the whole emo scene when i was like 12. was much different then and surrounded by adults...wasn't the best environment :/  Maybe if i knew more people that weren't online it would've been different but what can i say. kinda bullied out of it at one point but defiantly getting back into it :)

Report Reply

Reply by Will/Ghost >;3

posted

I'm a gen Z emo lol

Report Reply

Reply by V1ct0rr

posted

gen z kid here! so i'm new to all of this but i want to know everything about scene and emo to be one! i always like this style since i was a kid tho lol ^^

Report Reply

Reply by M4TT M0THXX

posted

I’m gen z, i recently started really getting into emo (I was too young before lol) so all this is a first for me :D 

Report Reply

Reply by MuxiMOxi

posted

mi hermana era emo desde los 2000, algo que siempre estuve relacionado es con esa subcultura, recuerdo el peinado característico de los jóvenes, yo intentaba copiarlos con una edad muy temprana, recuerdo aún que en primaria intentaba ser emo copiando el estilo de mi hermana y de sus amigos.

sin duda alguna, ahora me gustaría estar dentro de la subcultura emo.

Report Reply

Reply by ApplesAreCool

posted

I’m gen z 

Report Reply

heya! im only 13 so im pretty new to actually interacting with other scenemo kids and going online. ive always had a love for music and fashion that was considered weird - including emo bands. but im def a new scene kid haha.

Report Reply

Reply by XxLuckyLukexX

posted

I'm of 2005-2011 generation xD 

Report Reply

Reply by Crash Test Dummy!1

posted

I am pretty new cos i am a minor XD (not telling me age)

Report Reply