« Back to the sc3mo k1dz!! Forum

Old or new?

Posted by altX_cassar

posted
updated

Forum: sc3mo k1dz!! Group

Just wanted to know if ur an wayback oldschool emo (90's to 2001/2), a kinda oldschool emo (2002/3 to 2012/13) or one of the new gen z emos, im in that weird mix of being a very late gen z'er and/or very young meillinal sooo i was on the trail end of the kinda oldschool emo days (2009 to 2013) my emo years were 2010 to 2012/14ish as my 'myspace' style emo days and 2013 to 2016/17 as my 90's revivalist days.

When were yours?

Report Topic

153 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by charlie

posted

I'm 13 years old, so I'm from the new scene, but I really wanted to be from the old scenes, it's a shame that I was born too late for this :( but I would really like to join the older style of emo and scene ^^

Report Reply

Reply by StRAWRssum

posted

i started scene this year!!!! s0 if any0ne has tipz i would l0ve t0 hear them!!!

Report Reply

Reply by ︎Sp4c3y_Em0

posted

I’m Gen z and I’m kinda a mix of like 90’s grunge n like mallgoth/emo, idrk wat to call it lol

Report Reply

Reply by xxPawlinaPoisonxx

posted

I'm a scene emo kid since 2018, might be new but comparing to those gen alpha kids might be a bit old now xD

Report Reply

Reply by benny

posted

i think i was def around, like alive, for old scene & emo culture, i was born in 2001, but i wasn't conscious of it at all, 'definitely didn't know where to look

i was a "normal" happy kid despite my disabilities, but then Big Traumatic Event happened that made it all worse, and so for my teen years i was just kinda...incubating. i was not a person yet. i'm doing better as an adult tho and i'm more self-expressive, 'trying to get into all the things i would've been into as a teen as an adult. i'm forever pissed that the mall that was right by my house with a hot fucking topic in it closed down and got replaced by some weird google offices

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Lenn!_V@nity☆

posted

Im not really new to scene culture but also not old either;(

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Lenn!_V@nity☆

posted

Im not really new to scene culture but also not old either;(

Report Reply

Reply by isabella

posted
updated

im starting 2 be scene and emo this year!! i wanted to since last year but was never brave enough 2 do so... :C now that im brave enough im just starting to live this dream!!! X3 so im a gen z scemo!!

Report Reply

Reply by Dani:3

posted

EI've known about it for a while (since 2016 to be more exact) but I've only started to be interested now :p

Report Reply

Reply by Dani:3

posted

EI've known about it for a while (since 2016 to be more exact) but I've only started to be interested now :p

Report Reply

Reply by Rnan2_

posted

I was in the emo scene in 2008-2012 in Chile

Report Reply

Reply by cielo

posted

gen z here, when i first got into emo, i listened to some of the earliest emo songs, like Hain's Point and Words Come Back. Then I started liking newer songs, specifically 5th wave emo bands, so we're talking Origami Angel and Guitar Fight From Fooly Cooly. And my first emo song I've listened to was The Title Track by Origami Angel. highly recommend for anyone who wants to get into 5th wave emo

Report Reply

Reply by catherine cruelty♱𓉸

posted

gen z kid but pretending to live in the days when scene and emo were peaking XD

Report Reply

Reply by Saxxtar

posted
updated

Totaly new, i'm 14 (⁠๑⁠•⁠﹏⁠•⁠)

Report Reply

Reply by xxKillerKupidxx

posted

I'm a newbie gen z scemo kid, but I've known about and wanted to be a part of the scene for years.

I'm slowly trying to incorporate some aspects of it into my lifestyle, like the music and fashion.

Report Reply

Reply by Auggie

posted

Also, I just recently heard about this “elder emo” phrase, is that like original scene kids or what? Because I’d hate to be known as an elder lmao

Report Reply

Reply by Auggie

posted

I guess I’m a MySpace emo/scene kid. Started off as an emo kid wearing black and listening to Atreyu and MCR and blossomed into a scene kid during the glory days of that subculture. Really cool that the younger generation are bringing it back though. I see that My Little Pony and anime are a much bigger part of the culture now though which doesn’t surprise me. It’s always been open and welcoming to outcasts and people who just don’t fit in. Interested to see where it leads.

Report Reply

Reply by xAllisonLuvzYoux

posted

i started getting into the scene style when i was likeeeee 11? in 2011/12. and ive drifted in and out of the style cause of bullying but now im like >_< whateverrr im gonna do what i want and wear what i want :3 

Report Reply

Reply by jojo

posted

gen z scene kid!!!! have been a scene kid since i found out what it was. fell in love w/ the style and never looked back, even after being bullied in middle school. all straight frat boys who unironically post thirst traps tho so does it rlly matter what they think

Report Reply

Reply by 💌☆~Vanilla-Sann~☆💌

posted

IM BOTH. I SAID IM NEW BUT (to the group) I WASNT IN THE 2000 BUT I WAS THERE 2016-2017 

Report Reply

Reply by CLAIRE

posted

gen z lmao but ive been listening 2 emo / goth music since i wuz like 7 TwT

Report Reply

Reply by 🥩CASPER🍭

posted

im a gen zish but i wanna learn more from teh elder scenes :3

Report Reply

Reply by Hate_and_Ravage

posted

Reply by Delilah Dahlia

posted

I'm a Gen Z emo, ive been told I have the mentality of a OG though. (never knew if that was supposed to be a insult but whatever lol)

Report Reply

Reply by D4r1lCreeper

posted

ugh fuck 1m ughhhh 2005-2008? also im 17

Report Reply

Reply by D4r1lCreeper

posted

ugh fuck 1m ughhhh 2005-2008? also im 17

Report Reply

Reply by tuck!! xd

posted

i wouldn’t say i’m significantly newer xd i was scene/emo throughout 2017-2019. i couldn’t really dress that way though heeeeh, but i could be found in most scene places on the internet

Report Reply

Reply by ElsaDuck

posted

I was a scene kid from 2007-2013! I lived thru the peak of it when scene clothing was everywhere and customizing my deviantart and other social media pages with stamps and blinkies lmao. Had the rainbow studded belt, fingerless gloves, knee-high converse, all kinds of t-shirts and stuff. I wasn't allowed to mess with my hair tho since i was just a kid lol

Report Reply

Reply by Meeks 🩹

posted

I was very scene when I was 11-14 so in 2013-2016?? I loved the subculture, music, everything! But because of bullying and other life circumstances, I fell out of it. Now I’m 20 and I have the freedom to dress how I want and do what I want, so I’m back into it! And I love it so much! Everything came back to me so naturally! The music, the hairstyling, all that stuff! 

To younger emos/scene kids, don’t worry about what other people say. I know it’s hard to ignore, but I promise you, you are 10 times cooler than they’ll ever be. Don’t let them change you. This is coming from someone who had to drop out of high-school because of bullying. Don’t let nasty people make you feel bad because you’re cooler than them

Report Reply

Reply by ✰(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)𖦹

posted

New here:3

Report Reply

Reply by Mazokine

posted

I'm from the 2002 wave of emo kids aka super old. This whole site is super nostalgic for me.

Report Reply

Reply by xXxKandiLiuxXx

posted

IDK how to explain tbh bc im gen z emo I think? I'm 15 and my emoness>;3 started back when I was in 5th grade ish it was when I started listening to bands like MCR, Get Scared and Paramore but I also watched creepypasta tribute videos and MDE (my digital escape)

Report Reply

Reply by ★✯cheez★✯

posted

im a gen z emo/scen3 kid tho >:33 scenecore iz da best... bulliez sux tho in skool

Report Reply

Reply by ★✯cheez★✯

posted
updated

i rlly liek the 90z - 2000z em0/sc3me kidZ asthetic!! gen z iz rlly ruined rn tbh ngllll

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Borededu☆

posted

def new I'm 14 ._.   alwayz zaw it and wanted 2 but barely in quarantine i ztarted to do wha I wanted 

Report Reply

Reply by Shawnathon

posted

I wasnt really allowed to express myself and dress the way i wanted, etc. But now as an adult gen z i get to fully enjoy being cringe and emo/scene and be happy with myself! XD

Report Reply

Reply by Theleeroy

posted

Old AF 2001-2007 were peak for me so yeah need to find more of the few elderemos iv seen on here to add as friends, do feel a bit outta place on here so far but think it's great to relive some nostalgia

Report Reply

Reply by Catatonic Clownlover

posted

THE TIME IS NOW!!!!

phhht im baby scemo i started in quarantine

Report Reply

Reply by Frank!

posted

I'm a newer emo, but I've been around the music and scene all my life. My older sister was emo/scene in high school and middle school so I've always had her as a guide

Report Reply

Reply by Kai

posted
updated

I don't have that much of an emo scene around me but ik a few emo ppl...so like ig I'm Gen z emo with a buncha late generation 2016 emo and scemo idek

Report Reply

Reply by asveric

posted

i'm 17 so i unfortunately didn't get to be around for all the cool early 2000s emo and scene stuff, but man do i admire it a lot now. i love old school alternative styles !! 

Report Reply

Reply by inactive

posted

im pretty new to scene because around the time when it was really popular, i was too young to dress like it, but i was always really into to it xD

Report Reply

Reply by H4rl0w <3

posted

Im def a new scenemo kid i alwayz liked the culture but never knew how to get involved as it felt like i wasn't "edgy" enough for it. Currently trying to learn how to be more involved thru making friendz here since myspace is sadly gone. :(

Report Reply

Reply by Nixxie XD

posted

X3 I think old and new are basically the same bc new is just trying to bring the old back as u can C :D

Report Reply

Reply by Starr

posted
updated

I’m gen Z but I’m super into old school type of emo / scene 2007 specifica

Report Reply

Reply by Starr

posted

Hey! I’m Starr and Im into old school emo/scene!! Definitely 2007 emo 

Report Reply

Reply by IzzyP0P

posted

Around the original era, i wuz too young to dress like it but i LUVVVed it. Influenced by it, i dress it now

Report Reply

Reply by ThatOneEmo1234

posted

Gen Z emo but I've been told I look older like 24 yearz old

I'm 14 how tf-

Report Reply

Reply by Gorixology

posted

I didnt get into it until my late middle school early high school in the 2010s....now im glad its making a comeback and I can afford the DIY materials 

Report Reply