« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

do you believe in ghosts/afterlife?

as the topic asks; do you believe in the afterlife of spirits?
there's no wrong answers here, please explain if you do or don't.. i'd love to read your stories.

Report Topic

388 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Ved

posted

My opinion on this topic is always changing.

But right now I like to think that ghosts are sorta like pockets/portals of energy from the past/future and we can see each other when one of these anomalies shows up, kinda like a temporary window to the past/future.

Report Reply

Reply by Xela SM

posted
updated

Yes, I believe in spirits i believe I've been followed by one for most of my life to be honest. Its very subtle but odd occasions reveal it may be still around, it seems harmless for now.

As for the after life I think either we are reborn or simply destined to wander space and other deminsions in our soul selves for eternity after death 
Haven't quite thought of a reasonable explanation as to why my second thought is valid.
Perhaps an endless cycle for knowledge?

Report Reply

Reply by Katie

posted

Yes, I've seen stuff too compelling to deny it's existence

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕊𝕙𝕪 ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

posted

I do for sure! My boyfriends mom passed away this past October. We have her ashes in our apartment and we are constantly hearing disembodied voices. She had a deep scratchy voice and we hear lots of faint growling that isnt our dogs. Our dog also tends to stare at nothing in the room where her ashes are. My boyfriend believes she died as a demon and is haunting us. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I belive spirits live on different plane of existence. 

Report Reply

Reply by Scarlett Bettie (Keisha Scott)

posted

Absolutely. I have seen and experienced too many things to deny it. I also believe in reincarnation. Possibly anyway. I never believed in it until recently. But Iv always kept an open mind. But the more I experience, the more I believe it. 

Report Reply

Reply by XxghostfacexX

posted

100%. I have seen so many odd occurrences to be able to deny the existence. In my opinion , I find it ignorant of people to assume we are the only ones out there wether it be Ghosts, Aliens, Cryptids, Etc.

Report Reply

Reply by ChrissyG

posted

I believe very much so, but don’t share the most typical beliefs.

Report Reply

Reply by Mandi marie

posted

Yes of course !!!

Report Reply

Reply by Sonia

posted

i do believe there is spirts/ghost , which may be good or bad i guess it would depend on the situation .some sprits life may have ended in a tragic way and they are stuck here unable to come to terms, i think everyone has seen things or maybe heard things when they are alone, it happens more to the people who have a open mind to "other " things. 

Report Reply

Reply by Raga Tanha

posted

yesssss!!!! i can talk about spooky stuff all day <3

Report Reply

Reply by Amanda

posted

Ok so I'm in rehab right now and its haunted af. I could tell you a bunch of things that have happened but most recently we went into the nursery at night and my friend was recording and asked if anyone was there and when we played it back a voice said yes clear as day. Then when we left I went into the group room and something touched my back and there was no one behind me at all. Before this was a rehab the nursery was a house and a woman and her baby died in there and they haunt the place (two of my friends actually saw her) and after that they added buildings and it was a mental health facility where a guy killed himself. And he's evil af. But yeah it's crazy and I for sure believe in the afterlife and spirits 

Report Reply

Reply by Alexandria

posted

Hands down 100% my son died 8 years ago and I have seen him multiple times and hear stuff all the time. I know ghost or spirits are real. 

Report Reply

Reply by m4d_minute

posted

I have no idea what's beyond this life but I've seen far too much strangeness to not believe in something beyond. 

Report Reply

Reply by kyykawaii™

posted

For ghosts, to me it's 50/50. I've seen things that I can't explain but was it a ghost, or something else?? 

As for the afterlife, I think once you die that's just it. Nothing happens. You literally just cease to exist anymore.

Report Reply

Reply by ꒷꒦ ♡ ƒαℓιηє ♡ ꒷꒦

posted

Pretty much every house I've lived in has been super haunted , and an ex and I once got physically attacked by a ghost in the woods where a few civil war battled were fought. He had scratches on his back from it. I don't like dealing with ghosts lol

Report Reply

Reply by Noah

posted

I believe in ghosts and spirits as well as reincarnation. I know there's no definite proof for it or anything like that and that there are other possible explanations for my own personal experiences, but it brings me a bit of comfort to believe it. 

Report Reply

Reply by ashley

posted

yes!!! i've definitely had my own share of strange experiences: the most recent was a couple candles actually lighting themselves after i had just blown them out like 5 mins before. i was a little creeped out once i realized what happened. 

Report Reply

Reply by Jenny

posted

I believe in spirits I have seen a lot of weird shit that proves there is an afterlife. My most recent encounters would be once a month my bed room light will randomly turn on by itself after I have turned it off. It started happening after a close friend of mine passed. The first time it happened it was shortly after he passed and i could smell his cigarettes smoke soon after. Nobody here smokes. 

After my mom died I have found pennies in the weirdest spots. It makes sense because when my mom was alive there was a penny jar that she kept full of pennies. So yeah i believe in a after life I believe our love ones check in on us every so often. 

Report Reply

Reply by xkaylarae

posted

Absolutely. I’ve had many wild experiences. 

I can remember seeing and hearing things, as well as waking up levitating as a kid (as young as 5). The best way I can describe the worst experience I have ever had (19 y/o) was that it was a demon and ever since then, I wake up with handprints, can hear singing and talking (in many different tones and voices) and see orbs/shadow people fairly frequently. 
My daughter (3 y/o) has started telling me about the monster in the corner of my room. She says it looks like a black cloud and that it likes to “play” on my ceiling. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that, but I believe her.

Report Reply

Reply by randomnly

posted

yes I live in a house built in 1905 and the previous owners visit me every night at 3:30 am

Report Reply

Reply by Squid Died

posted

i want to believe because i think they're cool but I've never experienced anything that wasn't a hallucination :(

Report Reply

Reply by badwolf

posted

Having experienced paranormal occurrences in my life I'd say yes! So much has happened to me that it would take ages to list it all.

While non of it is like super over dramatic spooky like what you see off those TV shows I do think that something exists beyond the realms of the 3rd Realm. (3rd realm is what I call our 3D existence/world).

A small village in which I lived in was at least a 1000 or so years old so alot of crazy stuff happened there!

I do suspect witches/Satanists opened up some portals there a very long time ago and they are still open to this day and it affects the whole area! Who knows these portals may have increased in size and consumed the whole area!

Report Reply

Reply by Gee 𖤐

posted

i don't really know if i believe in an afterlife, and i don't really know if it's even possible to know until it happens. however, i do somewhat believe that ghosts exist, due to things i've seen before. i think it's possible for ghosts to exist, and maybe even some sort of afterlife.

Report Reply

Reply by Stan Howard

posted

Absolutely 💯 believe in Ghost! Been doing research for 22 years now. 

Report Reply

Reply by ⭐Milly⭐

posted

I'm open-minded about it. I sure hope and after my mom passed last year we had a lot of strange occurrences happening. It's not nearly as much these days now. 

Report Reply

Reply by Cat Shadowz

posted

I personally believe in ghosts and the paranormal because of personal experience. There is too much that has happened that I can’t explain from visions and dreams that came true to poltergeist activity in a few places I have lived in. Stuffed animals moving on their own. Out of body experience ms. Feeling like I have a attachment and then someone that doesn’t know that telling me there is a negative entity attached to me. There is definitely something whether is ghosts, spirits or something else completely unexplainable there is definitely something.

Report Reply

Reply by milcc

posted

sometimes i do sometimes i don't
i feel like i convince myself that there's nothing beyond death but also i have experienced things i cant explain.

Report Reply

Reply by Budweiser

posted

I love the paranormal. As a kid I kinda grew up with it because my grandpa was the owner of a famous haunted and historical house. I would go over there all the time with my family, and my cousins and I would explore and do our own ghost hunting. We had alot of fun at that place but unfortunately it has now been sold. Im glad I can still see the footage of it on youtube to relive the memories. 

If anyone wants to learn more heres a video about it I really enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxQPRkISzHQ&t=519s&ab_channel=freelssciencequest

Report Reply

Reply by shaye

posted

yeah. I think ghosts/spirits are those who died at the wrong time and they are stuck between the human dimension and the spirit dimension. I think when we die we go to a different dimension where there are gods, faires, goblins, mythical creatures etc.

Report Reply

Reply by Fred The Boy Blue

posted

yes i have not only had stuff in my dreams, but in real life that assure me there is another dimension and i believe death is an evolution to it. i also believe in reincarnation.

Report Reply

Reply by XxKieyana.PsychoticxX

posted

i absolutely do! im extremely sensitive to paranormal entities, and i used to live with a demon and some other things i couldnt even identify. worst living situation ever lol

Report Reply

Reply by Trashhh

posted

I believe you cant believe in one thing and not another.
i have too many stories relating to ghosts or just odd paranormal things.
I met my guardian angel one time in my entire life. That experience haunts me to this day.
I remember this strange feeling, i remember the thoughts that came into my head, i remember being locked onto something and i had no control over myself. I suddenly saw this light, an aura if you will, it was rather large and it almost looked like a burning sun. Its colors ombred from red to orange to this almost golden yellow to pure white. I stared at it and watched it float around me. shortly after i realized there was a spirit trying to attatch to me, im very empathetic, very emotional, it happens quite often. my guardian angel was trying to save me from whatever was trying to attach to me. 

Report Reply

Reply by Noreen Lace

posted

I've seen a number of questionable things. I've ended up at a lot of locations where ghost hunters or ghost adventures filmed. Some of it was by accident and some of it was like - I'm here, might as well go. I was in Kentucky for a work thing and dragged my colleague to the Waverly Hills Sanatorium and felt someone - something touch my arm. 

Report Reply

Reply by annie:)))

posted

100%. I've seen and experienced way too much to deny the existence of ghosts/paranormal. 

Report Reply

Reply by EvaMarie

posted

I believe in them more than I believe most humans, lol. 

Seriously though - yes - energies are all around us. 
Trust your intuition

Report Reply

Reply by Renee Morrison

posted

I believe there are ghosts. Ive never really had my own ghostly experience exactly but I know some people who have told me of their experience and I believe them.

I did have a dream with my deceased grandpa where we converesed over our concern for my grandma. It was a very supernatural experience even more so because of the location and timing of the dream.

So I guess that leads me to ya I believe in an afterlife. You could say I'm an omnist I suppose. I find that there can be truth found in every religion and all of their percieved afterlifes. And the way I see the afterlife is that it takes what shape you need it to be. Wether that means a sort of heaven or hell, reincarnation, or dispersal of energies and anything in between.

Report Reply

Reply by Christopher Julian

posted

I have my moments where I want to believe since I would love to see people I miss very dearly in the end. But sometimes I start to feel very hopeless about nothing being here when we go.

Report Reply

Reply by Leon

posted

I have a pretty firm belief that theres a lot out there we cant wrap our minds around. While Im not completely sold on the traditional idea of ghosts, I do believe that there are things out there we cant wholly perceive and explain. Could be temporal stuff, energies, or anything else of that sort. I have a couple minor 'experiences' I should probably write a blog post about when I got more time.

Report Reply

Reply by Amber Nicole

posted
updated

Yes! I've had quite a few paranormal experiences in my life. When I was younger (age 4) I lived in an older house and my mom would wake up to me running through the hallways, when she asked me why I said I was playing with the other kids, she asked me what other kids was I playing with and I responded "The ones who live here." We used to hear kids running upstairs all the time then we found out some kids had died of an illness in the house decades before we moved in. 

The night my dad passed away (I was age 9) my aunt, who had come to tell me that he had passed, saw me sitting on the edge of my bed talking to myself. When I was done talking I laid back in bed and my aunt came into the room and said "Who were you talking to?" And I said "My daddy." My aunt responded by telling me that my dad had passed away and I said "I know, he told me that he had to go and to take care of mom." My aunt was flabbergasted. 
The next time I saw a spirit I happened to be watching a movie in the living room by myself (age 14) and I looked into the hallway and saw a figure I thought was my mom I said something like "Jeez mom you scared me!" The person didn't reply so I jumped up and flipped on a light and the person vanished. 
More recently I was at work and saw the ghost of my coworkers grandfather, wearing the same shirt he was buried in. A bright purple shirt. 

Report Reply

Reply by Britt

posted

I don't believe you can die and be doomed to exist as a ghost for the rest of time... I do believe that souls from the afterlife can cross over to "visit" our world. So essentially!

Report Reply

Reply by Kathy Koelzer Boyer

posted

Yes.  And no one can convince me otherwise after a few validations.

Report Reply

Reply by Roxy

posted

i personally believe that ghosts/spirits can visit us from beyond the veil and whatnot, but also, i think ghosts will always be real as long as ppl believe in them if that makes sense? like whether or not ghosts are empirically proven to exist or not, if ppl believe in them that makes them real to those people, you know? 

Report Reply

Reply by Lone♥Soul

posted

Oh, I absolutely DO! There are just SO many things that have happened to me and others around me to say otherwise .

Report Reply

Reply by fullstop.

posted

the question i will reflect back and ask you, do you believe in an infinite yet finite physical vessel with an evolving soul or spirit that is always changing dying deaths and being rebirthed into the same but new and improved and better? can you believe ghosts as a physical reality?

Report Reply

Reply by TinyHogHaver69

posted

Spirits yes, an afterlife "eeeehhh".  Since I was young I've seen some weird shit including but not limited to my dead grandmother (she literally came by to say hi), a two headed grey hound that came out of my basement, and possibly either a thunder spirit or the jersey devil.  I'm a little iffy on an afterlife just because I don't really want to live again you feel? 

Report Reply

Reply by sharkgore

posted

Yes. Spirits are real and I wish they would leave me alone for A DAY. 

Report Reply

Reply by Molanius

posted

Yes! I've always believed in ghosts but I'm not religious in any way. I just think I've seen and heard too much not to believe in them. Do you think we could coexist with ghosts?

Report Reply

Reply by Molanius

posted

Yes! I've always believed in ghosts but I'm not religious in any way. I just think I've seen and heard too much not to believe in them. Do you think we could coexist with ghosts?

Report Reply

Reply by Laila

posted

Yes. I mean I am still skeptical. Which is crazy, because I have seen a ghost. It sounds insane, I am aware, but I assure you it is true.

Report Reply

Reply by zeldelpixie-x

posted

Yes I believe in spirits. I can feel when my loved ones who have passed are visiting me, and they also come to me in my dreams. I’ve always been gifted and am very lucky to have this gift and being so in tune, but I 100% believe in afterlife and spirits. I also believe we all have spirit guides and can contact them and our higher selves

Report Reply