« School, College, University Forum

anyone else loners in uni?

need some solidarity here LMAO

i spend all my time at home w my gf and rabbit but friends wise ive found it IMPOSSIBLE to find people at my uni, but then again ive noticed my biggest barrier is that i dont drink :/ and that im autistic lol ive had that Look tm way too many times that i find more peace in bein at home

plus all of the societies we have here r VERY drinking centric so ive just embraced the loser lifestyle

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by W1LL0W5-0F-WY573R14

posted

Tbh, same. My first ever semester in college is over and I have like no one to talk there, let alone being friends. I am an introvert that also doesn't drink, and I don't use any social media other than here so... I am kinda scared for the second semester at this point.

Report Reply

Reply by W1LL0W5-0F-WY573R14

posted

Tbh, same. My first ever semester in college is over and I have like no one to talk there, let alone being friends. I am an introvert that also doesn't drink, and I don't use any social media other than here so... I am kinda scared for the second semester at this point.

Report Reply

Reply by Julie

posted

I'm right there with Lilith. It's very difficult to make friends while doing online college classes. I still talk to some of my high school friends but they're all busy doing something whether they're working or focusing on their schooling. I'm lucky if I get to see them once a month 

Report Reply

Reply by reckoner

posted

i was a loner like for good half of the year, then i suddenly made friends like it was magical 

Report Reply

Reply by nanni

posted

Omg i relate so much! I feel like socializing at college is done by partying and drinking which probably works for most people but not for me :( its not that im against it i do enjoy drinking from time to time but i feel sooo lost at events like that... everyone else is so accustomed to the "partying culture" and i feel left out but i also dont wanna force myself into situations that i know i wont enjoy, so im just stuck at home with no friends to hangout with

Report Reply

Reply by Lilith

posted

Also a loner here xP I do college classes online and never get out of the house. It’s hard to make friends when I get out because it’s like I forgot how to talk to people. 

Report Reply