« School, College, University Forum

anyone else loners in uni?

need some solidarity here LMAO

i spend all my time at home w my gf and rabbit but friends wise ive found it IMPOSSIBLE to find people at my uni, but then again ive noticed my biggest barrier is that i dont drink :/ and that im autistic lol ive had that Look tm way too many times that i find more peace in bein at home

plus all of the societies we have here r VERY drinking centric so ive just embraced the loser lifestyle

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lilith

posted

Also a loner here xP I do college classes online and never get out of the house. It’s hard to make friends when I get out because it’s like I forgot how to talk to people. 

Report Reply

Reply by nanni

posted

Omg i relate so much! I feel like socializing at college is done by partying and drinking which probably works for most people but not for me :( its not that im against it i do enjoy drinking from time to time but i feel sooo lost at events like that... everyone else is so accustomed to the "partying culture" and i feel left out but i also dont wanna force myself into situations that i know i wont enjoy, so im just stuck at home with no friends to hangout with

Report Reply

Reply by reckoner

posted

i was a loner like for good half of the year, then i suddenly made friends like it was magical 

Report Reply

Reply by Julie

posted

I'm right there with Lilith. It's very difficult to make friends while doing online college classes. I still talk to some of my high school friends but they're all busy doing something whether they're working or focusing on their schooling. I'm lucky if I get to see them once a month 

Report Reply

Reply by W1LL0W5-0F-WY573R14

posted

Tbh, same. My first ever semester in college is over and I have like no one to talk there, let alone being friends. I am an introvert that also doesn't drink, and I don't use any social media other than here so... I am kinda scared for the second semester at this point.

Report Reply

Reply by W1LL0W5-0F-WY573R14

posted

Tbh, same. My first ever semester in college is over and I have like no one to talk there, let alone being friends. I am an introvert that also doesn't drink, and I don't use any social media other than here so... I am kinda scared for the second semester at this point.

Report Reply