« News and Politics Forum

let’s start some REASONABLE political debate

Posted by asha

posted

Forum: News and Politics

I’m new to this website but as soon as I go into the politics section, all I see is extreme right and extreme left fearmongering. 

I’m not some world class mediator but why don’t we start some genuine political debate here? but of course let’s try to avoid personal insults and sweeping generalisations. what about this?

Focus on growth of the economy, even at the cost of deregulating business, is the best way to improve the state of a country. discuss

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by kAINE!

posted

no i hate politics im just here for the laughs :3

Report Reply

Reply by cvpid444

posted

Free healthcare ayo

Report Reply

Reply by root

posted

Deregualting buisnesses just helps those at the top, the economy does not grow as a whole. Trickle-Down is a well known failure.

Report Reply

Reply by Gray

posted

I agree, having no regulations just encourages people to do what they can to get and stay at the top and will do whatever they can to make sure no one else will beat them. It's what creates a corporatism state and lobbyist hellhole.

If there's to be regulations there should be some that protects capitalism. Rules to make sure no company can get powerful enough to influence politics and everyone can have a fair chance to grow bigger put each other out of business rather than the one same business being at the top for decades. Support small businesses basically.

Report Reply

Reply by manofSteele

posted

I agree, with two big exceptions:

1. When deregulation could compromise the safety of the general public.  I feel like I shouldn't have to explain this one.

2. When deregulation could lead to the formation of a monopoly.  That would decrease market competition, even if the economy grows from it in the short term.   

Report Reply