« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

CCRU?

anyone on here familiar with the CCRU? [[http://www.ccru.net/index.htm]]
just curious; its been like a cult-classic thing for a while mostly bc of Mark Fisher's and Nick Land's respective popularity but i haven't seen ppl talk about them here yet.

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

"The CCRU is not an advanced form of robotics but is rather more akin to the military robots of WWII than anything that is actually advanced in its capabilities."

The only thing that I think is a bit more interesting about this robot is that its been in use for quite some time, and it's a fairly well established military-era technology. The only other thing that i have heard of in regards to the military-era CCRU that is not being mentioned by the media are its ability to fly over mountains, which i don't think anyone else has heard from.

It seems like it would make more sense to have an advanced CCRU in place of the traditional air defense, but I have to wonder why the military would be willing to pay so much money to develop it.

"I would say it is the best CCRU ever built and i would not say it is the only one, i just have to think about the other two."

I'm not a big fan of air defense, especially since it is one of those "what if's".

The CCRU is the best CCRU ever built, and the military is very much looking for a new one. I would like to hear about any other things that the military is looking for in order to make this technology viable and useful for them, and if there is one, i will try and answer them in a future post, and i'll try to answer as best as I can."

"What if you were a soldier who is going into combat, and you're in an area that has no defenses? Do you want the enemy's air defense to stop you?"

"I think it would work well. It would be very effective, and I think it's very safe to use."

This is one of my favorite quotes from the article "The CCRU is the best military CCRU ever built" by the writer for "A New American Century". It seems that he is talking a lot of things in this quote

Report Reply