« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

The O.C.

Any O.C. fans out there?

It seemed that back in the day The O.C. and MySpace went hand in hand.

Just wondered if there's any fellow former emo kids out there who remember and want to chat about this classic of a TV show.

Hurts my heart when I realise its nearly 16 years old...the show is now almost as old as Ryan is 'supposed' to be in season 1!

Report Topic

8 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Lord Byron Silverhand

posted

I vaguely remember it as being the "hip" show from when I was in 8th grade/9th grade. Didn't that show make waves as the first one to have a main character be bisexual?

Report Reply

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

It did, it featured a brief relationship between Mischa Barton and Olivia Wilde. Apparently it caused a few complaints, can you believe that!? Things have moved on so much since then...for the better. 

Report Reply

Reply by Josh Boyd

posted

Every new years eve im like “fuck oliver that little punk”

SPOILERS
Rest in peace marissa 

Report Reply

posted

@JoshBoyd your response proper made me chuckle!

Report Reply

Reply by Kelsey

posted

I rewatched just earlier this year

My middle sister watched it and I caught the season 2 finale while she was watching it air. That’s the first episode I saw and it got me hooked. Had to watch the first two seasons before it came back for season 3! 

Report Reply

Reply by Gigi

posted

I just barely started watching it and I'm already hooked. It's one of the best shows I've seen. Hopefully it's consistently good all the way through. 

Report Reply

posted

@Gigi  so glad you're enjoying it.

A lot of people felt it went downhill in the later seasons. However, you have to think of just how much ground they covered in those first two seasons.  I think the first has 26 episodes alone, that in itself would be two seasons worth these days.

I wish Anna and Luke would have stayed part of the cast for a little while longer.

Report Reply

Reply by evil hag

posted

seth was the og nerdy heart throb, he was one of my first crushes

Report Reply