Topic: Cool, Weird or Obscure GBA games?

Sort Replies:

Reply by calicoloaf<33

posted

i had a really sweet little hello kitty ds game i think it might be broken but it was like party games, i was the type of kid with a pink ds if you cant tell

Report Reply

Reply by cerise

posted

donde podria conseguir el primer juego, Dogz?

Report Reply

Reply by Mav/Mavrick

posted

This one isnt rlly obscure but its funny to play bc of how bad it is. the batman begins game on gba its just actual trash but its fun to joke about it

Report Reply

Reply by ThatLionLoser

posted

This is a Gameboy Color game, if that matters, but I recommend Croc.

It's a watered-down version of the Croc Playstation game, which many people remember fondly. I was surprised to learn that the GBC version did not receive good reviews. I really like it, though. It can be wonky at times, and there's a horrendous "mine cart" level in the first world (at least, it's horrendous if you're trying to 100% the game), but no game is perfect, y'know?

The 8-bit soundtrack is just so charming and sweet. The "main" level track is my favourite. Not to mention, the sprite for Croc himself is the cutest thing ever. It's just a good time all-around. Here's a link to some gameplay footage!

Report Reply

Reply by 𝘣𝘹_𝘣𝘢𝘥𝘣𝘰𝘺18

posted

Currently playing SpongeBob SquarePants the movie and Pokemon emerald on my classic GBA. Those are dope games.

Report Reply

Reply by just_a_motherfkers.

posted

Im not into jurassic park in any specific way but i had this gba game as a child which i think has "sequels" or "ports" on various platforms but it's called Jurassic Park Park Builder and i wouldn't say it's a good game but definitely has its charm. It's brutally difficult btw i never managed to get too far in it and i havent found anyone online who's actually beaten/completed it.

basically what u do in the game is you manage jurassic park and if you get too much debt you lose the game. i feel like it has a lot of potential for someone who likes figuring out how games work and strategizing stuff. i will probably do it myself some day if nobody gets to it.

Report Reply

Reply by s0ybean

posted

dude i was literally about to recommend dogz on this thread, you have great taste!!

Report Reply

Reply by .:crunkz:.

posted

I ain't see anyone mentioning it buuttt Chicken Shoot was what I played as a kid LMAO that's as weird and obscure as you can get

Report Reply

Reply by layla

posted

from what i remember, barnyard on the gba was very strangely competent and a lot of fun. weirdly dark too, but i suppose the same could be said about the much less great film lol

Report Reply

Reply by cheese

posted

sims 2 gba! it had a really interesting little story in each episode and the entire concept of it was really neat. i loved just how wacky it was, fitting for strangetown i guess lmaoo 
something about spraying giant rats with a water gun and finding a mole king living in the old mine in the same episode just has a lot of charm

Report Reply

Reply by Beast

posted

Have you ever heard of Urban Yeti? It's made by the same company that almost made Duelin' Firemen.

Report Reply

Reply by taotm07

posted

Rhythm Heaven, also Doom 2, an impressive feat for the gba, nearly identical to the PC version (except for the graphics and controls obviously lol)

Report Reply

Reply by Hank Egol

posted

rhythm tengoku/rhythm heaven silver is one of my favorites. it's not talked about too much, sadly

Report Reply

Reply by Hank Egol

posted
updated

rhythm tengoku/rhythm heaven silver is one of my favorites. it's not talked about too much, sadly.

I saw someone else say alien hominid and i totally agree. give ol' tom fulp some love

Report Reply

Reply by polychrome

posted

Blender Bros. maybe? A GBA game not many people talk about.

Report Reply

Reply by VKNIGHT

posted

The most interesting ones are console games that were ported onto GBA with a legitimate attempt to give you a console experience on the go. Monkey Ball Junior, and Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride are good examples of this. Could've easily made 'em top down racers, but they went the extra mile to make 3D experiences.

Report Reply

Mother 3, it's a really good game. But really really sad, it's good quality and sort of ahead of it's time for being from 2008. The story is really good and if you like RPGs it's great. And for GBA, but it can only be emulated very sadly. It's because it's such an unknown game series it didn't even get released in America and there's only the fan translation you have to play on an emulator.

Report Reply

Reply by Uneuclid

posted

yoooo hi squid its me cam yooo

Report Reply

Reply by Firefa

posted

I've been a real fan of the gameplay of egg mania. really fun and fast paced!

Report Reply