« News and Politics Forum

Why we should abolish political parties

Like from what I've noticed people vote for the party not the individual voters should look at what the canidates represent and what they want. A vote should vote for someone to represent them not some dude with a D in front of their name or an R. honestly George washington didn't like the party system and we shouldn't either.

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Gray

posted

Gasp, so we should actually look into who we're voting for instead of letting it be easy for them to manipulate and say what their party voters want to hear?!?! Crazy!

But like the person above me said it's just forcing you to pick a team and stick with it. I wonder if people would pay attention more if they didn't have a D or R to tell them to vote. I wonder if it would be more difficult for politicians to tell voters what they want to hear, I feel like they still would but I guess it would be more healthy for voters to think harder on who to vote for. No parties would probably also help people to not scream at others online for being too red or too blue.

Report Reply

Reply by Johnny Lee

posted

Gray yeah I really don't like how they force you to pick a side like I think 3rd parties could bring a lot to the country but people are like no vote blue or vote red. 

Report Reply

Reply by ~Ime~

posted

From what I could see, both political parties have a specific system to manipulate the public. Most of the peope who vote for them is due to fanatism.

Report Reply

Reply by Katie Boundary

posted

Abolishing political parties would be impossible without violating the people's right of peaceful assembly.

What you CAN do is abolish government recognition of political parties. Basically treat everyone as an Independent, even if a party is backing them. That would solve a lot of problems.

Report Reply

Reply by Cranky Old Witch

posted

As Latie said, you can't abolish parties. But what we SHOULD do is abolish government funding for parties, starting with primary elections. Want to have a primary? Fine. Let the party pay for it.

But, of course, that won't happen because our law makers are deeply entrenched in party politics and it is not in their own interest to eliminate them. 

And why do the parties maintain control? Fear. "Vote for our crappy candidate! You don't even want to THINK what would happen if THEIR crappy candidate wins!"

So, we feel compelled to vote for a 'lesser' evil (whichever party you think that is)

Report Reply

Reply by TheKat

posted

Okay then let's all not vote blue or red, let's force another group in. The "Red or dead" and "Vote blue no matter who" logic is killing us. Let's work to make their lives harder, even if its just for the time being.

How do we get something like that started tho? I'm not sure... but in the meantime we can start to rely more on each other instead of them. For goods and services I mean. I saw a Tik Tok about a site (capitoltrades.com) that shows what stocks politicians are buying and selling. (meta, amazon, etc.) Let's not support those companies at all. 

Report Reply