« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

Anyone know anything on alchemy and/or herbalism?

Recently I've been having an interest in alchemy and herbalism, I've been trying to search for information concerning it but, it has been kinda hard. I have an interest in learning these two things because it's always fascinated me but, I was wondering if anyone would have any information, book recs, etc. on alchemy and herbalism. Thank you!- JulesMantis

Report Topic

1 Reply

Reply by YouVVitch𖤐

posted

Hi! I'll do my best to give some solid advice.

As for alchemy, I'd really just recommend the bogstandard basics. It is kind of a hard topic to research.

Bacstrom's Alchemical Anthology by Sigismond Bacstrom, compiled by John M. Watkins.

Junius' Practical Handbook of Plant Alchemy by Manfred M. Junius.

The Alchemists Handbook Manual for Practical Laboratory Alchemy by Frater Albertus.

Viridarium Umbris by Daniel Schulke (This isn't alchemy necessarily, but it has helpful elements)

Right, so, astral projection. I'd say first off, practice meditating! Learn the difference between active and passive meditation, and find out what works best for you. It's more about the quality of your session rather than duration. Meditation isn't about being empty-minded necessarily either, it's more than that. If you want specifics you can google, look into body scan meditations! I find them helpful when trying to astral project.

OK, onto your like, actual topic. Astral projection is specific, but look into spirit flight and hedge-crossing just for fun, as learning is always worth something. Just to have the knowledge on hand.

First, figure out how to center your consciousness. This is sort of where you focus your energy and sensory skills when you meditate and focus on the body, and reach an almost numb/buzzing point. All you need is to be aware of it. Your consciousness usually centers in the middle of your senses. Think of it almost like a condensed or localized feeling/sensation, one you can be aware of. It's like being inside your physical body, in a way? I hope all of this makes sense.

I'll be sharing my own method, but look into other methods like the rope or ladder method.

Lie down. Lift your arms, your legs, focusing on what muscles you're using to lift them. Focus your attention entirely on what that feels like, how you're lifting your limbs, the effort it takes. Relax and lay down. Take breaths, focusing on the air entering through your nose and exiting your mouth. Focus on this cycle. If your mind wanders, acknowledge the thought, and return to that breathing. Shift your attention to your feet, the bottom of your body, and feel the muscles relax. Then your legs. Then your fingertips, your stomach, etc. Focus on calming waves moving through your body, every muscle relaxing until your entire body is lose and relaxed. Feel this relaxation, if you begin to tense, relax again. Focus on breathing.

On rare occasions, you may randomly muscle spasm or feel a cramp/pain. This can happen. It's happened to be, tbh. Just get through it. It's annoying and can freak you out but it's just kind of common if you're tense all the time.

Once you're relaxed, just lie there, focusing on the feeling of your body - the weight it has on your bed or floor. Focus on your breathing. If you feel a buzzing sensation, or some kind of odd numbness, that's completely normal and fine. Just exist, be still, and be aware of everything as you sit within your body. Shift your attention inward, Think about lifting your arms again, what that felt like. Think about your consciousness as its own form within your body, taking up that space. Now, imagine or feel that form lifting its arms, flexing your arms up and down (do not lift your actual physical body and arms). Move your astral form, taking your time. You can simply wiggle your fingers if lifting that internal limb is too difficult. Practicing this for a few sessions is kind of ideal, but I understand being impatient.

Once you can move like this, you've got what you need. You'll simply use those arms to push out of your physical body, letting your consciousness and astral body leave into the space in front of you.

Before you do this, I recommend finding a way to protect your physical body. A necklace employed to protection, a statue, a sigil on your arm - anything you want. It's just a smart thing to do.

Also, if you fall asleep, dw. It's not uncommon. A cosy environment and a relaxed mind means sleep mode for most people.

Book Recommendations:

Astral Projection, Ritual Magic, and Alchemy by S.L. MacGregor Mathers.

Mastering Astral Projection by Robert Bruce, Brian Mercer.

The Projection of The Astral Body by Sylvan J. Muldoon, Hereward Carrington.

The Astral Body and Other Astral Phenomena by Arthur A. Powell.

The Astral Projection Guidebook: Mastering the Art of Astral Travel by Erin Pavlina.

I wouldn't recommend any YouTube videos, it's a lot of BS to be honest. Anyway though, good luck! I hope this was at least a little useful to you.

Report Reply