« Back to the Filmheyᵀᴹ Forum

Introduction Thread [pinned]

Welcome to Filmheyᵀᴹ! If you'd like, you can use this thread to introduce yourself to the other members and let us know a little bit about yourself. If you don't have an answer to any of the questions, feel free to delete them or leave them blank! This is just a template - add or take away from it as much as you like! Answers can be as long or as short as you like, whatever you feel like sharing!

What should we call you?
What pronouns should we use for you?
What was the first movie that you remember watching?
Any favorite directors?
What is your favorite and least favorite trope?
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee?
Why do you like movies?
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!)
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out?
What's your favorite movie?

Report Topic

68 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by XxRockTheEricasbahxX

posted

What should we call you? Erica

What pronouns should we use for you? She/Her

What was the first movie that you remember watching? Dawn of the Dead

Any favorite directors? 
Stanly Kubrick

What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Mystery and Romance 

What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? When someone has their eyes open and the next cut, they are closed…

Why do you like movies? Distraction from all the other bs

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) Shoot the J Productions

Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Hayden Christensen… because Hayden Christensen.

Report Reply

Reply by XxRockTheEricasbahxX

posted

What should we call you? Erica

What pronouns should we use for you? She/Her

What was the first movie that you remember watching? Dawn of the Dead

Any favorite directors? 
Stanly Kubrick

What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Mystery and Romance 

What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? When someone has their eyes open and the next cut, they are closed…

Why do you like movies? Distraction from all the other bs

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) Shoot the J Productions

Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Hayden Christensen… because Hayden Christensen.

Report Reply

Reply by s0urp4tch1e_

posted

What should we call you? Sour!
What pronouns should we use for you? Any idc
What was the first movie that you remember watching? remember quite a lot of movies but the first one is Frozen T.T
Any favorite directors? Gulilemero Del Toro!! 
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? I think it was in a movie that had a snow scene (cant remember title of film) and which you can see the crew hiding in the trees.
Why do you like movies? I currently attend an art high school so Im studying film and live television over here! That is one reason since I love how behind the scenes work rather than the work of actors so that is why. 
What's your favorite movie? I love stop motion movies so it gotta be ParaNorman!

Report Reply

Reply by Grilled

posted

+What should we call you? - Grilled or Grill
+What pronouns should we use for you? - she/her 
+What was the first movie that you remember watching? - sleeping beauty and being terrified of the dragon scene
+Any favorite directors? - I'm not an expert on any of them but tim burton batman movies so good
+What is your favorite and least favorite trope? -
favorite = characters that went through trauma that are able to heal somehow and not told to suck it up and fly planes in the navy bc you're tom cruise 
least favorite = STUPID main character cough cough bella swan
+What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? - BALD SIDEBURNS for Real Genius the movie people made Val Kilmer shave off his sideburns to look more like a young college student he's so bald its horrible
+Why do you like movies? - good stories in a shorter time span with reign of music and visual choices (?)
+Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) yah my letterboxd is grilledcatwoman and my val fan/hate twitter account @cuntycatwoman 
+Do you have a favorite actor? VAL KILMER. 
+What makes them stand out? his story is insane dated Angelina Jolie, CHER, Cindy Crawford, had flings with Winona Ryder and Paris Hilton, got his divorce papers mailed to him on set of a movie, his poetry book that he has thousands of copies of he refuses to sell after 1983, I could go on and on. also he used to be hot. like hot hot. like burning scorching hot. like 
+What's your favorite movie? - I wanna say The Velocipastor, but notable runner ups are Batman Returns and Top Secret!

Report Reply

Reply by pepp (─‿‿─)

posted

What should we call you? pepp 

What pronouns should we use for you? he/it

What was the first movie that you remember watching? cars as a little kid
Any favorite directors? wes craven, jordan peele, ari aster (i like their movies not them as people)

What is your favorite and least favorite trope? favorite is dubious queer villian/anti-hero, least favorite is any forced romance like no chemistry it sucks

What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? i can't think of any off the top of my head but if it's some campy horror mistake i think it's a lil silly

Why do you like movies? i was raised on tv, i love the beauty of visual storytelling, it's a form of escapism yet it can educate me

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? my letterboxd is hotglassofdrpep

Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? bill hader :( its cus i have a strange crush on him i dont even like him that much hes just tall and weird

What's your favorite movie? batman forever<3 

Report Reply

Reply by jasmine bale

posted

What should we call you?

jul

hehim or theythem anythings fine really

original, wacky lookin godzilla on a summer trip w/ my dad as a 5y.o. or so

Any favorite directors?

lanthimos, żuławski, miyazaki....

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!)

@seveik on letterboxd :33

showing up dir. by k. reichardt?? mb

Report Reply

Reply by Finnian

posted

What should we call you? Finnian
What pronouns should we use for you? they/them
What was the first movie that you remember watching? nightmare before christmas when i was like 4
Any favorite directors? greta gerwig
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? my favorite trope is paranormal horror and my least favorite is slasher films
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? friday the 13th
Why do you like movies? idrk i just really enjoy them
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) i have an inactive letterboxd
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? my favorite actor is andrew rannells, i really like a lot of the movies he is in or voices in
What's your favorite movie? lady bird

Report Reply

Reply by Noah Quinn

posted

What should we call you?
Noah or Quinn is good!!

She/her

Finding Nemo, I would watch it for hours and hours and eventually work out the tape 

Any favorite directors?
David Lynch, Wong Kar Wai, Ingmar Bergman, Richard Linklater, Andrei Tarkovsky, Luis Buñel, Wes Anderson, David Fincher, Sofia Coppola, Satoshi Kon, Hayao Miyazaki, Krzysztof Kieślowski, Andrzej Żuławski, Jamie Babbit

Favorite: I’m a sucker for melodramatic longing, especially in a city. Essentially every single WKW movie, lost in translation. This is tied with pessimistic late 90s crime thrillers. Cure, Se7en, Lost Highway, I love it. Memories of Murder is 2003 but is an honorary member of the category. 

Least favorite: Joss Whedon dialogue… the real thing is bad enough and the fact that every other writer of a major movie tries to replicate it has been disastrous for anything that has a remotely lighthearted tone. 

Bad lighting or lensing

Why do you like movies?
As an artform movies can convey story and meaning in a way no other can

Please follow me on Letterboxd I love seeing peoples accounts!! https://boxd.it/2MwVt

Hmm I’m not sure if I have a favorite, but I love Maggie Cheung <3

Mulholland Dr!!!

Report Reply

Reply by HungerKitty43

posted

What should we call you? HungerKitten43
What pronouns should we use for you? She/they
What was the first movie that you remember watching? i dunno
Any favorite directors? no.
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? no.
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? no.
Why do you like movies? no.
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) no.
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? no.
What's your favorite movie? The Time Machine (1950)

i just like cinematography

Report Reply

Reply by arte9__

posted

Hiya my names Artemis but most people call me Art/Artie! I use they/them pronouns and I love what stories we can tell through the beautiful medium of movies! I really dont remember what was the first movie I watched (cut me some slack I was 3!!), but going to the theaters with my parents from a young age really opened my mind to what movies can do. I dont have a Letterboxd or any dedicated social media account pertaining to movies (Id be REALLY annoying if I did), but even 1-3 months I do post a review on my Spacehey blog if its a movie I really like/have a strong connection to. If you check my profile you can see some of my fave movies and shows (obvs I have more but those are like my top choices). Anyway its very nice to meet yall!!

Report Reply

Reply by Lizzie<3

posted

What should we call you? 
Lizzie is good!
She/Her/Hers
I think it was Grease 
Any favorite directors?
For me, not anyone in specific 
I have no idea truly 
I can'te remember exactly but I think in Curse of the Black Pearl the token disappears or moves when Elizabeth first gets on to Barbossa's ship
Why do you like movies?
It's such a true expression of human emotions through both a literal and metaphorical sense 
I have a letterboxd and it's attatched to my profile
not really...
Probably Singing in the Rain

Report Reply

Reply by Alex W

posted

Alex or Alexandra
they/she !!
One of the earliest I can remember is Flushed Away which is still super nostalgic for me
David Lynch, John Waters, Coen brothers, Gaspar Noé, Gregg Araki and Wes Anderson are some of my favourites
I am a sucker for final girls in horror and I haven’t thought a ton about least favourite tropes
the paper in the dude’s pocket in the big lebowski being crumpled and then uncrumpled one scene later 
Why do you like movies? It’s such a diverse medium that can be extremely fun or emotional or philosophical, tons of films have had really profound effects on my worldview 
my letterboxd is Whatsername07 !!
favourite actor: Laura Dern goes underrated a lot of the time, she’s an absolute force to be reckoned with especially in Inland Empire with her facial expressions (honourable mention to Colin Farrell also)
either Funeral Parade of Roses or Mulholland Drive is my favourite film !!!

Report Reply

Reply by 4iamaraindog2

posted

What should we call you?
4iamaraindog2 

I don’t have a strong preference.

Probably Air Bud or another dog-related movie like Underdog, Hotel for Dogs, or Cats Vs. Dogs. I really liked dogs as a kid lol. I remember watching Batman (1989) on tape as the first PG-13 movie I ever saw.

Any favorite directors?
David Lynch, Charlie Chaplin, probably a few more that I can’t think of at the moment.

I can’t think of a favorite trope at the moment, maybe something with space and time travel? My least favorite trope is a lesbian character who is a menace or acts mentally unstable in general.

I remember watching a movie from the 50’s or 60’s and a suitcase fell on one of the actors by accident. I don’t even remember what it was called, but it was so funny to me that they kept it in. Film was expensive back then!

Why do you like movies?
It probably started with my grandma showing my brother and I movies as little kids. My life changed when I saw The Truman Show. 

I love Willem DaFoe! He’s such a good actor with such a wide range of characters. I also love David Byrne in all of his movies.

I can’t pick one favorite… my top four on Letterboxd are Stop Making Sense, The Truman Show, Howl’s Moving Castle, and But I’m a Cheerleader. These are the movies I rewatch over and over.

Report Reply

Reply by Elias

posted

What should we call you?

Elias or Eli whatever 

he 

i really dont remember that 

Any favorite directors?

probably wes anderson idk

Why do you like movies?

i just do

Probably timothee chalamet 

The cure 

Report Reply

Reply by lewinskitimeeee

posted
updated

What should we call you? mimmi
What pronouns should we use for you? she her
What was the first movie that you remember watching? old barbie movies and spiderman 2
Any favorite directors? tim burton and ingemar bergman
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? the bullied kid and the kid that has overly strict parents. least prob the one that has a dead parent
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? bad acting
Why do you like movies? lets me see the world unrealisticly 
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) no
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? everything the skarsgård family is in is usully good, leonardos & anya taylors movies are good too.
What's your favorite movie? Dont think iv got a favorite but some memroble movies on top of my head are django unchained, parasite, beck-pojken i glaskulan, joker 2018, howls moving castle, all quite on the western front, catch me if u can, tusen gånger starkare 

Report Reply

Reply by Hannah (✿◠‿◠)

posted

What should we call you? Hannah or Selkie

What pronouns should we use for you? She/they

What was the first movie that you remember watching? Probably Monsters Inc.

Any favorite directors?
Wes Anderson, Martin McDonagh, Richard Linklater

Favorite: When they drop the title in the movie
Least Favorite: Can I just say Hallmark Christmas movies

Really bad CGI

Why do you like movies?
Let's me forget about things, explore a different "world"

nothin' public

Probably Florence Pugh, her range is insane!

It's a tie between Field of Dreams and Before Sunset

Report Reply

Reply by kade

posted

What should we call you? liam
What pronouns should we use for you? he/him
What was the first movie that you remember watching? i don't rly remember..the first movie i remember Really enjoying though was the dark knight (2008)..but that's mainly because i was a batman nerd as a kid (still am.)
Any favorite directors? wes anderson (generic..ik)
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? my favorite trope is mad scientist..i love those crazy fellas. my least favorite trope is "generic person takes the crown/realizes they're special/etc. it's just overused and almost always sucks.
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? crazy and or harmful stereotypes..unless it's for satirical reasons i don't like it and always spot it immediately. 
Why do you like movies? because of how easy it is to connect with others. humans are naturally social beings, and art is meaningful when it connects through someone else. 
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) my letterboxd is gargoylezz
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? i don't really have a favorite actor..
What's your favorite movie? changes a lot, but right now it's dead poets society :)

Report Reply

Reply by CJ_JC__

posted

What should we call you?

CJ

He/It/They

Little Mermaid

Any favorite directors?

Nope (for now)

Fav trope : Found Family/Fatherly figure mentor
Least Fav : 'Sexy' teen girl

When cars/vehicles background's have unnatural changes & lighting issues (scene is set in morning and it's mid-day)

Why do you like movies?

They have always appealed to me, I see them as a form of artistic escapism. Movies where there to comfort me when my parents did not.

Twitter - @CJ_JC__

Nope (for now)

American Psycho & Ultramarines

Report Reply

Reply by slusho6666

posted
updated

yo, i'm dee (slusho) - my pronouns are they/them.

the first movie i ever saw in a theater was aladdin, with my dad. i freaked out when jafar turned into a snake. 

Any favorite directors?
karen kusama, chloe okuno, don mancini

toot: when the girls/gays/theys slay
boot: when the girls/gays/theys are slayed

Why do you like movies?
movies make brain go brrr 

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? 
pls follow on letterboxd for very unserious and often stoned takes on whatever i'm watching:https://letterboxd.com/slusho6666/ 

What's your favourite movie? 
ladies and gentlemen the fabulous stains

Report Reply

Reply by cory

posted

what should we call you?
cory !

what pronouns should we use for you?
any (he/they/she) are good, but i prefer he/they :)!

what was the first movie that you remember watching?
i honestly cant remember... it mustve been a barney or dora movie though

what is your favorite and least favorite trope?
i dunno about my favourite one, but my least favourite (not even sure if this is a trope) is definitely those kinds of movies that set two people up just because "she was a girl and he was a boy" and they dont have any chemistry or reason to be together besides that.

why do you like movies?
they remind me that i can always find solace in media that isnt necessarily about real happenings. they let me take a break from the world idk ??

do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or Twitter account, etc!)
ive got a letterboxd !

do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out?
joe keery ! im gna be honest, at first i was just into him because of his looks (i still am into him tho..) but ive realised that hes my fav actor kus hes really versatile ! hes game for different genres and kinds of projects and he still serves absolute cunt in every role.

what's your favorite movie?
submarine (2011) or fantastic mr fox (2009) !

Report Reply

Reply by aidan!

posted

hello!! im new here and very lost so its nice to find somewhere i can fit! i'm currently studying film at university and want to be a director 

What should we call you? - aidan!

What pronouns should we use for you? - he/him/they

What was the first movie that you remember watching? - Spider-Man 2 dir. Sam Raimi was my entire childhood

Any favorite directors? - Damien Chazelle, Takeshi Kitano, Park Chan-wook are my top 3!!

What is your favorite and least favorite trope? - favourite trope umm i guess im a sucker for when someone says the name of the movie in the movie and also i REALLY love when the title card drops a substantial amount of time into the film

What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? - not really a mistake i guess but in the open matte version of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man (2002) you can often see crew members and equipment on the top of the frame, purely just because the movie was never meant to be seen in that format!

Why do you like movies? - oh man, they're just everything, you know? i wouldn't be anything without movies

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) - letterboxd!! : https://letterboxd.com/BigHefty/

Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? - my top 3 actors are Robert Pattinson, Ryan Gosling and Collin Farrel. I think they're all fantastic actors who constantly keep making fascinating career choices and the roles they do are just so appealing to me. 

What's your favorite movie? - The Fabelmans!!

Report Reply

Reply by jimmy

posted

What should we call you? 
citrus! or just jimmy will work fine cuz this is a joke acc 

he/she/they, don't mind :]

a little princess (1995) - i remember ugly crying to it as a 5 year old, definitely going to rewatch soon!

Any favorite directors?
yorgos lanthimos! something about the unsettling way he frames a shot and his use of space

Why do you like movies?
movies are like the amalgamation of every form of media, combining music, text, art direction, raw emotion, each time making something that in some form reflects the human experience. i like that we can look at a movie, a piece of film that lasts just a few hours, and see something in it that mirrors ourselves.

florence pugh has a great emotional range, her acting is so subtle but her emotions are so raw. she also just seems like a sweet person :]

i have,. a couple..!!!
the lobster, midsommar, in bruges, the favourite, eternal sunshine of a spotless mind

Report Reply

Reply by abbie

posted

What should we call you? Hi everyone! I'm Abbie:)
What pronouns should we use for you? she/her 
Any favorite directors? barry jenkins! i love moonlight
Why do you like movies? movies can just be so immersive idk
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? i'm really loving paul mescal right now! the way he expresses emotion is just so. good.
What's your favorite movie? right now probably aftersun. i sobbed lol 

Report Reply

Reply by

posted

Names: Monarch, Doe

Pronouns: He/Him, She/Her

First Movie: I Forget

Favourite Directors: None

Favourite Trope: Horror or at least eerie

Least Favourite Trope: Rom-Coms

Movie Mistakes I Can’t Unsee: Genuinely don’t care for the mistakes

Why I Like Movies: They’re just fun to me 

Am I Following Any Movie Related Social Media Accounts or Platforms: Sort of, I’m mainly a musical theatre kid.

My Favourite Actor/Actress: Definitely Emily Rohm or Winona Ryder. I just like actresses a lot.

My Favourite Movie: Heathers (1989)

Report Reply

Reply by 'vida

posted
updated

What should we call you? vida
What pronouns should we use for you? she/her
What was the first movie that you remember watching?genuinely have no idea but it was probably disney
Any favorite directors? Yorgos Lanthimos & Damien Chazelle
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? fav: psychological & romance. Don't really have a least fav maybe comedy coz i dont watch much of that
Why do you like movies? probably because it's so vast and always growing there's so much you can do and being in front of the big screen is a voyage
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? filmtwt: chry_salxsm  letterboxd: dvd_bluray
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? haley lu richardson idk i think she acts really well,i think she does it really well
What's your favorite movie? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (always)

Report Reply

Reply by willoply

posted
updated

What should we call you?
karma!
she/her plss
i have terrible memory
Any favorite directors?
i know nothing abt directors
i love any type of romance trope
the entire gummo movie
Why do you like movies?
they're everything
letterboxd- dorritoo
mmm nope!
lots. lots. lots.

Report Reply

Reply by ROMEO ミ★

posted

What should we call you?
Romeo !! u can also call me priest, i guess, which is from old online handles

he/she (in equal amounts, if u can)

the pokemon movie. like the ORIGINAL pokemon movie that we had on vhs and that i would rewatch three times a day, to my parents's chagrin lol

Any favorite directors?
i'm a big fan of what jordan peele is doing rn - also guillermo del toro and patrick brice! honestly though i'm not very good at keeping up with a director's full filmography, i usually just watch individual films as they catch my attention.

i love tropes relating to doom, inevitability, grief, and being "trapped in the narrative" so to speak (i could talk about this for one thousand years.) i also really like found families and other character-driven tropes like that.

as for tropes i don't like: i think "this kid was just BORN EVIL" is stupid as a premise for a conflict or a villain, and basically all revenge plotlines bore me to death.

it's not a mistake in the classic sense of 'an error that should have been caught by an editor or a script advisor' but like the last five minutes of the 2020 horror film "the turning" is truly some of the worst shit i've ever seen on the big screen, which is a shame, because the rest of the movie is actually pretty good.

Why do you like movies?
i like story-telling in general, and film is just one particular medium for story-telling - and a really versatile one, at that. while i'm a prose-writer by trade myself, there's a lot about writing i can learn from watching movies.

nope, sorry

similar to directors.... i do not keep up with the careers of specific actors lol. i like bill hader, daniel kaluuya, sandra oh, and anya taylor-joy in a lot of the stuff i've seen them in, though.

oooooh what a tough question. my top three are probably american psycho (dir. mary harron), one cut of the dead (dir. shin'ichiro ueda), and thoroughbreds (dir. cory finley) !

Report Reply

Reply by Brie

posted

What should we call you?
Brie!!
She/They/Any works tbh!
Lilo and Stitch in theaters <3
Any favorite directors?
Not really!!
Idk if it's fully counted as a trope, but any torture scenes; real or fake just seems unnecessary to me.
I don't really have one!
Why do you like movies?
I like seeing other people's visions and the collection of multiple types of talent. I love the concept of being transported different places and times through film and learning the inspiration of them and the drive behind them.
Not right now ;;
Don't really have one!!
I have a lot but my favorites are: Daisies [1966], The Seventh Seal [1957], Peep 'TV' Show [2004], Twilight [1994] to name a few...!!

Report Reply

Reply by junoluvr

posted

What should we call you?  vee!
What pronouns should we use for you?  she/her
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Garfield gets real
Any favorite directors? Spike lee
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? a favorite would be the hot older sister and the least would be the couple dying in horror movies. 
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? the liquid in cups are always filled differently. 
Why do you like movies? i always love the way visuals make me feel and also the experience of getting stuck in a movie. 
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) i have my letterboxd is linked but share any dedicated blogs if you have some!!
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? i don't really have one...
What's your favorite movie? moonlight

Report Reply

Reply by Skadi Violet

posted

What should we call you? Royal
What pronouns should we use for you? She/Her 💙
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Drop Dead Fred
Any favorite directors? James Cameron, Tim Burton, Martin Scorsese
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Can't really think of any rn! I love movies!
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? Kermit's lower sleeve being visible in a scene in The Muppets Take Manhattan lol...
Why do you like movies? The creativity it takes to film one. It's exhilarating to create and see your art being appreciated.  
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Leonardo DiCaprio; He's older and still hot
What's your favorite movie? Titanic. Hands down. I've loved it since seeing it in theatres. 

Report Reply

Reply by James H

posted

What should we call you? James
What pronouns should we use for you? He?Him
What was the first movie that you remember watching? 2001 a space odyseey
Any favorite directors?Martin Scoresese, Quentin Tarentino, Steven Spielberg, and Alfred Hitchcock
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee?In American Sniper, Bradley Cooper's character is holding a baby that is not even real
Why do you like movies?It helps in my boredom and I like to have fun
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) No
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out?My favorite actors are Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Clint Eastwood
What's your favorite movie? There are too many

Report Reply

Reply by Kat On Broadway

posted

What should we call you? - Kat!

What pronouns should we use for you? She/her

What was the first movie that you remember watching? - Blue Clues 'Blues Birthday' from 1999 (it's on Letterboxd so I consider it a movie) 

Any favorite directors? - I tend to like movies more of individually and don't follow directors too much, but I know if Jordan Peele directed it then I will like it!

What is your favorite and least favorite trope? - Favorite would be found family, I think. But I absolutely know my least favorite trope is the 3rd act breakup over a misunderstanding. 

What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? - In 'The Autopsy of Jane Doe' is outright states that 1) she would be wearing a corset as a Puritan woman and 2) she was wearing it so tight is permanently morphed her ribs into an unnatural shape. Not only is it historically inaccurate for her to be wearing a corset as a puritan but corsets were not worn that tight. 

Why do you like movies? - when they are at their best they are like magic, and when they are at their worst it's pure entertainment 

Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? - I've said many times before that Ryan Gosling is the most talented actor in Hollywood, so I'll choose him. For now. 

What's your favorite movie? - I'll have to choose 3: Sweeney Todd for the movie that I consider most formative, Back to the Future 2 for the movie that I've seen the most, and Nope for my favorite movie of the year (2022)

Report Reply

Reply by juno!

posted

What should we call you? Juno!
What pronouns should we use for you? he/him (oder er, ich sprache deustch)
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Jimmy Neutron LMAOO
Any favorite directors? David Lynch, Stanely Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? N/A
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? Suspiria (1977)
Why do you like movies? They're like an escape from reality almost
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) my letterboxd is @juuunnnooooo
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Ryan Gosling, idk he's just amazing lol
What's your favorite movie? Oh I gotta say either Donnie Darko, Saló, Or the 120 Days, American Psycho,or Buffalo '66

Report Reply

Reply by lil<3

posted

What should we call you?
liliiii
she/her
idk bro, i seen some things
Any favorite directors? 
i love alfred hitchcock tbh
idk but weirdly i'm a hopeless romantic so anything up that alley works for me
inconsistencies between cuts are a big thing, i'm massively observant
Why do you like movies?
my life is too boring, movies have drama
so i write reviews of movies/tv on here
letterboxd: virginmaryy
not really
there's too many to choose from tbh, i watch anything and everything so it's hard to define a particular favourite

Report Reply

Reply by 1Splinter_Wolf3

posted

What should we call you? KK
What pronouns should we use for you? He/Him
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Toy Story 1
Any favorite directors? Quentin Tarantino, David Fincher, James Wan and David F Sandberg
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Favorite is when rain is used for dramatic effect. Least Favorite is the Jumpscare
Why do you like movies? Movies are an escape into my mind, a place where I can like Tarantino’s over the top violence and dialogue while also loving Fincher’s dramatic direction and camera movement.
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Robert Pattinson, he has the ability to blend into any role, any scene and any film. I have been a big fan of his since twilight but with movies like The Batman, The Devil all the Time, and Tenet he really became my clear cut favorite actor today.
What's your favorite movie? My favorite movie is Gone Girl by David fincher. I have seen it almost 10 times.

Report Reply

Reply by austin

posted

What should we call you? austin!
What pronouns should we use for you? they/them please
What was the first movie that you remember watching? rio! (yes the movie about the birds)
Why do you like movies? I grew up with my dads dvd collection, so i've kind of always been into movies.
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Anya Taylor Joy, she just plays her roles so good its hard to not admire her 
What's your favorite movie? prob top gun:maverick atm, i went to the theatre recently with my dad to watch it and it was super good, i def reccomend

Report Reply

Reply by MrsMoe

posted

What should we call you?
Moe (or Morgan, which is my real name)

She/her

I had nearly every Disney movie ever made on VHS as a kid and I was place in front of them before I could even speak, so it was likely any one of those.

Any favorite directors?
David Lynch, Stanley Kubrick, and Satoshi Kon~

My favorite trope of all time would probably be self-destruction stories. I'm a huge fan of psychological horror and many of my favorite movies are about someone brutally ruining their own life. No doubt, my least favorite is designated love interests.

Uhhhh idk I'm not that good at spotting technical errors

Why do you like movies?
For the same reasons I love art in general. Film can be used to express your inner self and perspective of the world like nothing else can. Both creating and watching a movie can be a transformative experience.

Letterboxd - MrsMoe
Wordpress - LilMrsMoe (which doesn't have anything posted on it yet, but it's new and I'm working on it.

Robert De Niro. I don't think I really have to explain that one.

This might sound weird without explaining my personal experience with it, but....Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Report Reply

Reply by RayanG

posted
updated

RayanG

He/him
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Masaki Kobayashi, Martin Scorsese, David Lean, Sergio Leone
Idk
Stunt wires in Face/Off
Mixture of low and high art, they kind of serve as deep dives and examinations into topics i normally wouldnt think about too much, also pretty cinematography
@therealmoistman on Letterboxd
Robert DeNiro
The Human Condition 

Report Reply

Reply by Miss Victoria

posted

Name: Victoria or Tori
preferred pronouns: They/them (most preferred), She/her, he/him (occasionally).
Unacceptable gendered terms: Queen, sis -all other gendered terms are acceptable I think .
The first movie I remember watching is probably the adventures of Pinocchio, or dumbo.
My favorite director is Wes Anderson.
My favorite trope is best friends or lovers and then one or more of them die at the end.
My least favorite trope is poor communication.
I can never unsee stains physical/visible continuity errors. forgot which movie, it happens in a lot of movies.
I actually don’t know why i like movies.
Follow me on letterboxd @ElmFleetFearSt and I will follow back.
Tim curry is my favorite actor.
Usually I tell people my favorite movie is the rocky horror picture show but idk anymore.

Report Reply

Reply by Dorian

posted

What should we call you? Dorian (I will also respond to lime and yoshi)
What pronouns should we use for you? they/them
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Barbie as the Island Princess. It took me five minutes to remember it.
Any favorite directors? taika waititi??? subject to change
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? limited color palettes, and when the women are horribly written
What's your favorite movie? But I'm a Cheerleader (1999)

Report Reply

Reply by mac!

posted

What should we call you? - malcolm, mal, or mac!
What pronouns should we use for you? - he/they
What was the first movie that you remember watching? - shrek 2 or finding nemo lol
Any favorite directors? - i love taika waititi. sorry
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? - i LOVE enemies to lovers stuff, not a big action movie person tho.
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? - that stupid baby in the twilight series. 
Why do you like movies? - because they reach different people in so many different ways. everybody's least favorite character is somebody else's favorite. a character that makes no sense to one is incredibly relatable to another!
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? - WILL ARNETT. he's hilarious and sooo talented. i also love steve carell and jim carrey; any well-known comedic actor that can surprise me with a serious and moving role.
What's your favorite movie? - into the wild

Report Reply

What should we call you?
Shastakid is fine!
She/Her
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Any favorite directors?
Tim Burton, Dexter Fletcher and Steven Spielberg
Can't Choose!
Can't think of one.
Why do you like movies?
The making of and process
Unfortunately not
Rami Malek, Taron Egerton, Daniel Webber, Kristen Stewart
They've all played my favorite Rockstars!
Bohemian Rhapsody (So inaccurate but still good!)

Report Reply

Reply by shaela <3

posted

• What should we call you? 
    • shaela 
  • What pronouns should we use for you? 
    • they/them
  • What was the first movie that you remember watching? 
    • AirBud
  • Any favorite directors? 
    • Bong Joon-Ho (obvs), Vince Gilligan... more for individual movies than style tho
  • What is your favorite and least favorite trope? 
    • No fave tropes :(
    • I hate the "latino teenager to cartel involvement" trope, I hate the "person trying to heal from a failed relationship meets person of opposite gender, hates them, but then falls in love with them to fill hole in heart" trope, and I hate the "main character is unknowingly adopted and the adoptive family is in a cult that des crazy demonic shit" trope.
  • What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? 
    • Real Women Have Curves, not a visual issue but there were too many plot holes. Why is ms. girl applying to college on the last day of school? How tf did she get into COLUMBIA like that? If it was her last day of senior year, why she keep going to campus??
    • Training Day, the scene where yt boy gets high is so fucking funny man. Boi smokes some week and hops up in the GTA universe
  • Why do you like movies? 
    • I like the aspects that go into making a movie. I plan on major in film when I go to college, I make mini-movies. N when I get older I want to be a film critic and edit movies, maybe become a director if I'm up for it. Movies are most literally my life.
  • Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) 
    • My Letterboxd is @kinqxeer !
  • Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? 
    • Johnny Depp, his versatility is so slay. 
  • What's your favorite movie? 
    • Not my fave, but one that made me go "BRUH WTH LMFAO" is The Hand of God. If you havent seen it, you must. Generally, european movies will give u the shock effect. Not sure if it's because I am unfamiliar w the culture or what but GOD DAMn. But seriously rn a fave movie of mine would be Salt of This Sea.

Report Reply

Reply by xxstarxx

posted

What should we call you? 

- asteria

-they/them

- the first movie I remember watching was probably Nightmare on Elm Street with my dad when I was like 5-6

Any favorite directors?

- wes craven, eli roth, fred vogel, tobe hooper, there's more but i cant think of anything at the moment. 

-fav trope: final girls rule, least fav: falling/tripping over nothing / crawling backwards when you could just get up and run. 

-not mistake but there's this scream audio imput that literally every movies uses and it's quite funny. 

Why do you like movies?

-my dad started to get movies with my siblings and I at some mom-pops videos stores when we were younger and i always gravitated towards the horror section and fell in love with horror/films in general. 

-i do not, unfortunately. 

-i dont really have any fav actors although i love sissy spacek and winona rider. 

-scream (96), texas chainsaw (74) and dont look in the basement (73) 

Report Reply

Reply by Tom Branden

posted
updated

What should we call you? Tom will suffice

Whichever comes naturally to you

Star Wars. No, not Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Any favorite directors?
Hitchcock & Kubrick [yawn I know]

fav- can't beat a good old fashioned car chase
least fav - FLASHBACKS

Grease - 'F**k it. They'll never notice'

Why do you like movies?
They speak my language and vice versa.

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!)  Nope

More interested in characters than the actors who portray them. 

2001 A Space Odyssey......or Rocky IV.

Report Reply

Reply by Felix

posted
updated

What should we call you?
I'd like Felix
He or him is alright with me
First movie I can recall watching would be Hulk (2003). And I gotta say, that has really cemented my taste in movies. 
Any favorite directors?
David Fincher's casting is always spot on. Steven Spielberg stories are always creative. David Lynch is fucking insane, I love it. Sam Rami makes CLASSICS. James Gunn is fun. honestly I need to watch more but that is my general list 
A trope I welcome will always be the inner dilemma of a character straying between good and bad. Especially if they end up doing a "grey-area" option.
A trope I'd ban from my household would be when they reference something to be hip and cool for the young'uns. 
Lots of cuts in a fight scene. Shaky cam SUCKS. That felt good to type
Why do you like movies?
Sometimes it is escapism. Other times, it allows me to reflect on my own life. Letting yourself sink into the screen and become the character. OR, be a fly on the wall and view from afar. That's why films are cool.
No, But I should get on that. Thank you for asking :D
Jim Carrey. He wins you with a joke, but you stay for the sadness. He taught me to smile when I need to the most. Great actor. 
I'm sorry but I have a complicated answer. Most movies I could watch over and over. Some changed my perspective on life. Don't know which basket to pull from :/

Report Reply

Reply by envy

posted

What should we call you?

Envy or nv

She/Her

Barbie as Rapunzel 

Any favorite directors?

Ingmar bergman, Agnes verda, Anna biller, Kar wong kai, Park chan wook and I have a love hate relationship w/ Sofia copola 

Fave is 'woman is hysterical and breaks stuff n maybe kills a guy'
Least fav is 'man is super shitty and unredeemable but gets the woman anyway'

Not sure abt this one tbh 

Why do you like movies?

It's art and I like art :) (movies can b art or just entertainment either way i think it's valuabe)

I'm a very casual fan of film so I don't really have any media related to movies

Mary pickford is who I always list she has a childish charm that I think is feminine and masculine in a way. she's always so much fun to look at her mannerisms especially when she's acting mischievous or silly.

The handmaiden, I think I'll stand by this film till the end of time it has everything I want in a film beautiful set pieces and costumes, an engaging story, a lesbian love story, amazing characters (which are acted impeccably) and rewatchability even if you know the twists and turns just experiencing these women break free and fall in love over and over again I can never get tired of.

Report Reply

Reply by Nicole Frances Rutkowski

posted

What should we call you? Nicole or nikki
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Something Disney idr 
Any favorite directors? Wes craven 
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Not sure
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? Don't know 
Why do you like movies? Because I love watching them
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) It's posted on my page
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Too many too name
What's your favorite movie? Harry Potter series

Report Reply

Reply by Kira

posted

What should we call you?  Kira 

I cant remember it but my parents took me to see the live action 101 Dalmatians.

Any favorite directors?
Spike Jonze
Martin Scorsese
John Casavettes
John Waters

Women and children being used as collateral by the bad guy.

Gigli (the entire movie)

Why do you like movies?
I used to see all those vhs tapes at thrift stores and told myself one day i was going to watch all of them, and eventually that became an unhealthy obsession, to the point where i made a list on my computer of every movie i had seen. Then i heard about letterboxd and that has completely changed my world lol. (Sorry for rambling :p)

Letterboxd.com/cosmic_nothing

Gary Oldman. Hes just so damn versatile.

The Warriors <3

Report Reply

Reply by shockproof

posted
updated

What should we call you? shockproof
What pronouns should we use for you? he
What was the first movie that you remember watching? jurassic park
Any favorite directors? Hitchcock, Fincher, Linklater, Kubrick, Baumbach, Tarantino, Scorsese, and more 
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? thrilling tension throughout the film and least fav is idk just bad all over the place screenplay can't think of anything specific
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? when TV switches on straight to the thing currently needed for the story like news or a movie and after watching, straight switch off, no channel change or even mute
Why do you like movies? Seeing different people in interesting situations
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) Rottentomatoes if that counts
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Kate Winslet, the vulnerability she brings out in her characters
What's your favorite movie? Boyhood

Report Reply