« Back to the Filmheyᵀᴹ Forum

Introduction Thread [pinned]

Welcome to Filmheyᵀᴹ! If you'd like, you can use this thread to introduce yourself to the other members and let us know a little bit about yourself. If you don't have an answer to any of the questions, feel free to delete them or leave them blank! This is just a template - add or take away from it as much as you like! Answers can be as long or as short as you like, whatever you feel like sharing!

What should we call you?
What pronouns should we use for you?
What was the first movie that you remember watching?
Any favorite directors?
What is your favorite and least favorite trope?
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee?
Why do you like movies?
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!)
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out?
What's your favorite movie?

Report Topic

68 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Gia!! 🌱

posted

What should we call you? Gia!
What pronouns should we use for you? He/she
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Probably High School Musical funnily enough
Any favorite directors? Not sure
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Love rom-coms that are self aware
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? all of howard the duck
Why do you like movies? they're just fun for me!
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) nah sorry
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? idk
What's your favorite movie? def matilda

Report Reply

Reply by ☁︎ ︎nuno

posted

Y'all can call me
nuno or t3nchi (tehn•chee)
Pronouns
Anything honestly, I'm man
First movie i remember watching
Day of the dead (1985 version), i wasnt even in school yet.
My favorite directors would be
The Wachowski Sisters, George A. Romero
Favorite and least favorite trope
One of my favorites are zombie films, doesn't matter what the budget of the film was, or cheesy lines....my least favorite are snuff films
movie mistake i can never unsee
i don't mind the movie mistakes, i like them
The reason I like movies
its a window to the inside of the minds of the creators, and it shows how fucked up, genius or creative they are.
movie related socials
i do not actually have any
Favorite actor
Ryan Reynolds
what makes Ryan Reynolds stand out
Look at his face, and he's funny
Favorite movie
I don't have a favorite movie

Report Reply

Reply by [ cj sawyer ]

posted

> What should we call you? Seven !

> What pronouns should we use for you? I mainly go by he/it but besides that use whatever it’s all fine …

> What was the first movie that you remember watching? Can’t even remember that damn

> Any favorite directors? None at the moment !

> What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Favorite trope is any trope that was popular in crazy 80s movies, and least favorite is probably like. Predictable heterosexual relationships between the basic girl and the bad boy lmao

> What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? Anything reminiscent of Alpha and Omega *sobs*

> Why do you like movies? They’re fun to watch whenever I’m reeeeally bored and need something to brainrot about (me @ reanimator)

> Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? Not at the moment :[

> Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Probably Michael Cera rn because he plays a lot of dorks and I like dorks

> What's your favorite movie? Scott Pilgrim vs The World ! I also like anything crazy from the eighties involving sci-fi and the supernatural ..

Report Reply

Reply by wren underscore

posted
updated

What should we call you?
wren!

he/they :)

disney's snow white.

Any favorite directors?
hmmm... overall i think it would have to be miyazaki

fav: long scenes of minutiae filmed for the sake of immersion. probably boring to a lot of people but idk! they just do it for me.

least fav: unnecessary subplots be they romantic or antagonistic.

none that i can think of rn! maybe some continuity error somewhere, those tend to bug me.

Why do you like movies?
i just enjoy being able to explore someone else's world for a while! especially if it isn't too different from ours already. that's not to say i don't like fantasy/sci-fi/etc because i absolutely do but movies in a more relatable universe tend to draw me in more (i say, while my list of favorite movies is basically all disney and ghibli's fantastic universes).

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!)
i do have a letterboxd at letterboxd.com/wrenunderscore/ ! i really need to use it more often tho.

this is hard to say overall because i tend to like specific actors in specific films and view them on an individual basis i guess. like; i loved jake gyllenhaal in nightcrawler, john cusack in 1408, christian bale in american psycho, and tom cruise in a few good men (shout out to that movie for getting me thru law school). but generally no i don't think i have a fav actor. are there qualities i look for in a good actor? sure, like being able to naturally exist within the world and rules of a film's universe and deliver dialogue without sounding too hammy (although i think this also depends on the script, bc even the best actors can't save a trashy script).

#1 is spirited away. it's just such a gorgeous film. i watched it as a kid and was absolutely mesmerized.

Report Reply

Reply by stygie

posted

My name is Nicci but calling me stygie is okay too!
She/Her
Hmm the first movie I remember watching is Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
Martin Scorsese!!!!!!
Favourite trope is cold+goofy friend Least favourite is Woman waiting forever for a man
Honestly I'm not that observant but someone told me that on the set of wizard of Oz someone hung themselves in the background???
I like them because it reminds me of spending time with someone
noooo v.v
Johnny Depp, he's such a lil baddie
Oh man my favourite movie of all time??? this is a hard one....  probably... Akira

Report Reply

Reply by ToriElectra

posted

What should we call you? Tim, LiveEye, whatever
What pronouns should we use for you? He/him
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Can't remember
Any favorite directors? Kevin Smith
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Not sure
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? Not sure
Why do you like movies? Depends on what else I like
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) I have a Letterboxd but I keep forgetting it's there
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Not really
What's your favorite movie? Also hard to pick, but I'd go with either Mallrats or Airplane

Report Reply

Reply by SE7EN Ω

posted
updated

What should we call you?
Z (Z-E-E)

★What pronouns should we use for you?
he/him

★What was the first movie that you remember watching?
i can't remember that far backkkk, i'd probably say the animated movie Samurai X

★Any favorite directors?
nope, i tend to dig thru random movies till something intrigues me. Story or otherwise

★What is your favorite and least favorite trope?
favorite as of right now is a mix of psychological thrillers and old scifi (pre-2000s), least favourite.. probably the copy paste netflix movies u see with ryan reynolds every 2 months. though i heard that 'Free Guy' one was good

★What's a movie mistake you can never unsee?
Metropolis (1927)

★Why do you like movies?
ima writer, i luvv engaging storylines and the general experience of cinema

★Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!)
nopeee, just ask me!!

★Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out?
jackie chan, so versatile, has some absolute gems out there that are different from his main movies/roles he's been known for. an example is shinjuku incident (2009)

elijah wood, ian mckellen. i grew up on LOTR, enough said lmao

★What's your favorite movie?
honestly couldn't answer with just one movie

Lord of the Rings
Starship Troopers (1997)
Se7en (1995)
1984 (1984)
Metropolis (1927) - the precursor to all modern scifi, but super weird to watch. you've been warned.

"A Wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

Report Reply

Reply by monty

posted

What should we call you?
Worm or Lucky!
He/They/Honk
I honestly don't remember lolz I'm tryng to get into new stuff
Any favorite directors?
Nope, none-
I don't have a favorite trope :o)
I'm not very observant so idk that either lmao
Why do you like movies?
I tend to like longer things i can watch snce they can keep me nterested for a while, especially if it's horror
Nope!
No favorite actors, I can't remember names-
Probably Friday The 13th :o)

Report Reply

Reply by joebingus2961

posted

What should we call you?
Kyle
They/Them (Non-Binary)
Don't remember, but my favourite film as a child was Leroy & Stich
What is your favourite and least favourite trope?
Fav: Plot revelations via small time flashbacks
Least Fav: main characters falling in love or kissing.
Why do you like movies?
Cool flashing images for my smooth brain
Do you have a favourite actor? What makes them stand out?
Rami Malek, because I love Mr. Robot
What's your favourite movie?
Freddy got Fingered (2001)

Report Reply

Reply by pip >-<

posted

What should we call you?
Piper
She/her
Favorite movie/genre?
the entire saw series !!! Even though the last few are kinda :/ I still love the story line and how there’s extremely twists at every corner, I love horror in general also the final destination series
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? creature features with bad cgi -
Why do you like movies?
They’re a really good coping skill for me, I can escape into a whole new reality for an hour and a half and just let my issues go for a sec, I’ve also grown up on movie sets my whole life because my dad is a director and owns his own film company-
Favorite actor/s?
I have a whole list lol
Florence Pugh 
Johnny depp 
Meghan fox 
Chloe grace moretz
Kristen Stewart 

Report Reply

Reply by disappearing

posted
updated

*insert big shot - toby fox here*

What should we call you?
disappearing or just call me Groovy!

They/Them + It/Its

What was the first movie that you remember 
watching?
Pippi Longstocking

Any favorite directors?
None at the moment!

Nothing at the moment!

Theres a lot to label and I wouldn't want to spend my whole time writing a list.

Why do you like movies?
Cause Its always fun to watch new movies that come out whether its something brand new or a classic movie. (p.s. big fan of 30s,80s, and 90s movies!!)

Not at the moment!

Vera Farmiga!! Shes an amazing actor and I love her so much.

My #1 favorite movie is Killer Klowns from Outer Space!! Always watched it when I was younger.

Report Reply

Reply by Mander Rene🐈‍⬛

posted
updated

What should we call you?
My username 

Female, neutral 

Not sure, I remember a lot of horror movies 

Any favorite directors?
Tim Burton 

Least favorite: Manic pixie

I never notice them.

Why do you like movies?
They’re fun to riff to. They remind me of times with my friends.

No

Johnny Depp, he’s versatile

Edward Scissorhands 

Report Reply

Reply by blairVVitch

posted
updated

1) I'm Judith, but y'all can totally call me Blair due to my Profile Name! It's my middle name, and it low-key became a joke when the other kids learned this during 5th Grade Graduation practice (because of all the advertising for The Blair Witch Project)

2) She/her. 

3) It's a Disney medley of sorts. I remember being in a theater watching Aladdin (particularly the "A Whole New World" part when Jasmine and Aladdin fly by the dude working on the Sphinx), Beauty and the Beast (The dramatic "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere..." part) and I remember watching The Little Mermaid on VHS all around the same time. 

4) Wes Anderson and Tim Burton. 

5) Love it when anyone dramatically just walks away from an explosion, hate it when a "makeover" just consists of removing their glasses. They're still hot with or without them, tbh. 

Overall, I like movies because they're an immersive yet simultaneous experience that manage to yield a vast range of unique opinions and discussions! 

Report Reply

Reply by amyas

posted

1. hi! you can call me xena :)

2. i use she/her pronouns but they/them is fine as well!
3. the first movie i remember watching is chucky actually. a little snippet from when my parents were watching late at night
4. my favorite directors as of now are wes anderson, david fincher, and noah baumbach.
5. my favorite trope is definitely enemies to lovers, in any setting, my least favorite has to be when the main character is given plot armor. it just makes them overpowered.
6. that scene in scream 2 where the retractable knife is sooo obvious! it made me cringe at how you could clearly see the retraction.
7. i love how they can tell stories! a book can only leave so much to the imagination.
8. my letterboxd account is @gothoria!
9. i think one of my favorite actors is tony leung. i've only ever seen in the mood for love once but he sold me completely, i truly felt as if i myself was going through unrequited love.
10. parasite by bong joon-ho by a long shot. i could talk about it for hours.

Report Reply

Reply by zan

posted
updated

edit: this is way long and i am so sorry 

What should we call you?
- you can call me Zan, hello it's nice to meet you :)
- whatever you please
- I honestly don't know. Probably a movie adaptation of a kids' show like sesame street. I'd say that my first interaction with a film that made me actually love film was probably Fantastic Mr Fox (wes anderson) or Dead Poets Society (Peter weir).
Any favorite directors?
- Edgar Wright, sam raimi (mostly for the Evil dead trilogy because the films may not be super high brow but man is the directing creative), and wes anderson. I of course love the classics (Kubrick, Scorsese, Christopher Nolan) as well. However, i do not like Kubrick's abuse of his actors. oh also I love Hitchcock.
- Favorite trope: I don't think this counts as a trope, its more of a directing segue thing, but I love when a character will be like "where do you want to eat?" (or something) and then it will be them at the restaurant. aka: answering questions visually. 
- Least favorite trope: I saw the Matrix recently for school and could not stand the constant "he is the messiah!" and the character who is the messiah ignoring every blatant 'call to action' and just vehemently denies his destiny until the point of it being absurd. I understand that is half the Matrix but it annoys me no matter what movie it is. I understand that 'ignoring the call to action' is one of the steps in the Hero's Journey as well, but when it is done that repetitively I just get annoyed. 
- It's less of a mistake and more of something I just cannot put together which is that in this new film, The Power of the Dog (new jane campion film), there's a name on this set of explicit magazines as if the character labeled them with their name? like why would you do that? it's meant so we (and the individual who finds them) understand whose they are, but there has to be a better way to show it. because it's just nonsensical. 
Why do you like movies?
- Visually showing stories? seeing each director's unique perspective of the world, maybe? I'm not really sure but there's always been an itch in the back of my head that's made me want to make them and that's made me hooked on watching them. 
- I do have a Letterboxd and it is capnschmazz. Also I have a Group on here for discussing Edgar Wright films! it is called the Edgar Wright film club 
- David Tennant. I know, it may not be an obvious choice, but he is a criminally underrated actor. I think his name's gotten caught in all the Doctor Who reputation stuff and he's thought of (often) as more of this upbeat, funny guy who does a good amount of daytime television stuff, but he is not that. His Hamlet (2009!) is everything I've ever imagined Hamlet to be. I read the play in school and when I saw Tennant's performance I was like, that's Hamlet. What fascinates me about him as well, as a fellow actor, is the fact that he does not know what he is doing. In multiple interviews people ask him, yknow, "how do you do it?" and his response everytime is just "I do things?". He played the British serial killer Dennis Nilsen in 2020 in the show, Des, and he was absurdly good. He won the NTA for it (thank god) which he more-than deserved. He has an incredible ability to just transform himself into roles and often I just forget who he is. His versatility is incredible as well. A perfect example of this is to go from watching this (slightly mediocre but Tennant is incredible) show called 'Secret Smile' (free on Prime with ads) where he plays this nightmare ex-boyfriend. He is terrifying. Then, that year, he gets cast in Doctor Who. Then, watch an incredible show called 'Deadwater Fell' which is slightly similar to Broadchurch (but not really at all), then watch Broadchurch, and then watch an american sitcom called Camping. Then there's Bad Samaritan which is an okay-horror movie in which he plays a terrifying American serial killer. Then there's his King Richard II, his Benedick in Much Ado About Nothing, and so much more. He's the most underrated, brilliant, brilliant, actor I have ever seen grace a screen. 
- This one is tough. I love Shaun of the Dead. It's just perfect, perfectly made, perfectly, shot, acted, perfectly written, everything just is tied up so wonderfully with a little bow on top. Then again, there's Parasite which was mindblowingly good. I love Dead Poets Society, as I said earlier. Napoleon Dynamite is a comedic masterpiece. There's an early Benedict Cumberbatch indie film called Wreckers which is an incredible, ambiguous, unsettling, psychological (sort of thriller) drama. Tinker Tailor Solider Spy is amazing. There's so many amazing films. 

thanks for having me. y'all seem great :) 

Report Reply

Reply by caeley♡

posted
updated

What should we call you? Caeley :)

What pronouns should we use for you? she/her

What was the first movie that you remember watching? charlie and the chocolate factory!

What is your favorite and least favorite trope? favorite is when a character is a genius at something. least favorite is when an issue arises that could be solved by simple communication :P

Why do you like movies? I like things that can capture my attention and keep me interested!

Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? I know it's cliche, but at the moment it's timothée chalamet. I love his mannerisms and how they differ with each character! I also LOVE florence pugh!

What's your favorite movie? whiplash !

Report Reply

Reply by imon

posted

What should we call you?
>imon
>she/her
Any favorite directors?
>not really but i am making my way through david fincher movies right now
>favourite: extended disarming
least favourite: third act misunderstanding
Why do you like movies?
>escapism
>not sure, i don't follow a particular actor's career tbh

>inside llewyn davis

Report Reply

Reply by Storm

posted

My name is Storm, unless you prefer to use my name Raven. I go by she/they pronouns. My first movie was Toy Story as a little kid, but The Breakfast Club really got me into film a while back.
Favorite directors are John Hughes, Tim Burton, and Jim Henson
Favorite trope is the nerd x jock (please don’t come after me aaaa) least favorite is that the goth is always depressed 
Hmmm, idk but I’ve probably seen a few
I’m interested in how someone can write such imaginative scripts and the camera angles are interesting whether it be a grungy teen movie or found footage horror
Sadly no, but I do have a movie chat room on Quotev.com
Johnny Depp(the Hollywood goth boy), Winona Ryder(she’s in so many kickass movies and is the OG Hollywood goth chic), Matthew Lillard (his personality is off the charts), Seth Green( so funny and adorkable),Skeet Ulrich (he’s not in too much but his role in Scream was iconic), Brandon Lee( short lived but was amazing as The Crow), Heath Ledger (so iconic and so handsome)
My favorite movies include The Shining, Saw, Scream, The Crow, Heathers, Can’t Hardly Wait, The Craft, The Breakfast Club, Revenge Of The Nerds, SLC Punk, Perks Of Being A Wallflower, West Side Story, and Dead Man on Campus

Report Reply

Reply by shockproof

posted
updated

What should we call you? shockproof
What pronouns should we use for you? he
What was the first movie that you remember watching? jurassic park
Any favorite directors? Hitchcock, Fincher, Linklater, Kubrick, Baumbach, Tarantino, Scorsese, and more 
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? thrilling tension throughout the film and least fav is idk just bad all over the place screenplay can't think of anything specific
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? when TV switches on straight to the thing currently needed for the story like news or a movie and after watching, straight switch off, no channel change or even mute
Why do you like movies? Seeing different people in interesting situations
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) Rottentomatoes if that counts
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Kate Winslet, the vulnerability she brings out in her characters
What's your favorite movie? Boyhood

Report Reply

Reply by Kira

posted

What should we call you?  Kira 

What pronouns should we use for you? She/her

I cant remember it but my parents took me to see the live action 101 Dalmatians.

Any favorite directors?
Spike Jonze
Martin Scorsese
John Casavettes
John Waters

Women and children being used as collateral by the bad guy.

Gigli (the entire movie)

Why do you like movies?
I used to see all those vhs tapes at thrift stores and told myself one day i was going to watch all of them, and eventually that became an unhealthy obsession, to the point where i made a list on my computer of every movie i had seen. Then i heard about letterboxd and that has completely changed my world lol. (Sorry for rambling :p)

Letterboxd.com/cosmic_nothing

Gary Oldman. Hes just so damn versatile.

The Warriors <3

Report Reply

Reply by Nicole Frances Rutkowski

posted

What should we call you? Nicole or nikki
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Something Disney idr 
Any favorite directors? Wes craven 
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Not sure
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? Don't know 
Why do you like movies? Because I love watching them
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) It's posted on my page
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Too many too name
What's your favorite movie? Harry Potter series

Report Reply

Reply by envy

posted

What should we call you?

Envy or nv

She/Her

Barbie as Rapunzel 

Any favorite directors?

Ingmar bergman, Agnes verda, Anna biller, Kar wong kai, Park chan wook and I have a love hate relationship w/ Sofia copola 

Fave is 'woman is hysterical and breaks stuff n maybe kills a guy'
Least fav is 'man is super shitty and unredeemable but gets the woman anyway'

Not sure abt this one tbh 

Why do you like movies?

It's art and I like art :) (movies can b art or just entertainment either way i think it's valuabe)

I'm a very casual fan of film so I don't really have any media related to movies

Mary pickford is who I always list she has a childish charm that I think is feminine and masculine in a way. she's always so much fun to look at her mannerisms especially when she's acting mischievous or silly.

The handmaiden, I think I'll stand by this film till the end of time it has everything I want in a film beautiful set pieces and costumes, an engaging story, a lesbian love story, amazing characters (which are acted impeccably) and rewatchability even if you know the twists and turns just experiencing these women break free and fall in love over and over again I can never get tired of.

Report Reply

Reply by Felix

posted
updated

What should we call you?
I'd like Felix
He or him is alright with me
First movie I can recall watching would be Hulk (2003). And I gotta say, that has really cemented my taste in movies. 
Any favorite directors?
David Fincher's casting is always spot on. Steven Spielberg stories are always creative. David Lynch is fucking insane, I love it. Sam Rami makes CLASSICS. James Gunn is fun. honestly I need to watch more but that is my general list 
A trope I welcome will always be the inner dilemma of a character straying between good and bad. Especially if they end up doing a "grey-area" option.
A trope I'd ban from my household would be when they reference something to be hip and cool for the young'uns. 
Lots of cuts in a fight scene. Shaky cam SUCKS. That felt good to type
Why do you like movies?
Sometimes it is escapism. Other times, it allows me to reflect on my own life. Letting yourself sink into the screen and become the character. OR, be a fly on the wall and view from afar. That's why films are cool.
No, But I should get on that. Thank you for asking :D
Jim Carrey. He wins you with a joke, but you stay for the sadness. He taught me to smile when I need to the most. Great actor. 
I'm sorry but I have a complicated answer. Most movies I could watch over and over. Some changed my perspective on life. Don't know which basket to pull from :/

Report Reply

Reply by Tom Branden

posted
updated

What should we call you? Tom will suffice

Whichever comes naturally to you

Star Wars. No, not Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

Any favorite directors?
Hitchcock & Kubrick [yawn I know]

fav- can't beat a good old fashioned car chase
least fav - FLASHBACKS

Grease - 'F**k it. They'll never notice'

Why do you like movies?
They speak my language and vice versa.

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!)  Nope

More interested in characters than the actors who portray them. 

2001 A Space Odyssey......or Rocky IV.

Report Reply

Reply by xxstarxx

posted

What should we call you? 

- asteria

-they/them

- the first movie I remember watching was probably Nightmare on Elm Street with my dad when I was like 5-6

Any favorite directors?

- wes craven, eli roth, fred vogel, tobe hooper, there's more but i cant think of anything at the moment. 

-fav trope: final girls rule, least fav: falling/tripping over nothing / crawling backwards when you could just get up and run. 

-not mistake but there's this scream audio imput that literally every movies uses and it's quite funny. 

Why do you like movies?

-my dad started to get movies with my siblings and I at some mom-pops videos stores when we were younger and i always gravitated towards the horror section and fell in love with horror/films in general. 

-i do not, unfortunately. 

-i dont really have any fav actors although i love sissy spacek and winona rider. 

-scream (96), texas chainsaw (74) and dont look in the basement (73) 

Report Reply

Reply by shaela <3

posted

• What should we call you? 
    • shaela 
  • What pronouns should we use for you? 
    • they/them
  • What was the first movie that you remember watching? 
    • AirBud
  • Any favorite directors? 
    • Bong Joon-Ho (obvs), Vince Gilligan... more for individual movies than style tho
  • What is your favorite and least favorite trope? 
    • No fave tropes :(
    • I hate the "latino teenager to cartel involvement" trope, I hate the "person trying to heal from a failed relationship meets person of opposite gender, hates them, but then falls in love with them to fill hole in heart" trope, and I hate the "main character is unknowingly adopted and the adoptive family is in a cult that des crazy demonic shit" trope.
  • What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? 
    • Real Women Have Curves, not a visual issue but there were too many plot holes. Why is ms. girl applying to college on the last day of school? How tf did she get into COLUMBIA like that? If it was her last day of senior year, why she keep going to campus??
    • Training Day, the scene where yt boy gets high is so fucking funny man. Boi smokes some week and hops up in the GTA universe
  • Why do you like movies? 
    • I like the aspects that go into making a movie. I plan on major in film when I go to college, I make mini-movies. N when I get older I want to be a film critic and edit movies, maybe become a director if I'm up for it. Movies are most literally my life.
  • Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) 
    • My Letterboxd is @kinqxeer !
  • Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? 
    • Johnny Depp, his versatility is so slay. 
  • What's your favorite movie? 
    • Not my fave, but one that made me go "BRUH WTH LMFAO" is The Hand of God. If you havent seen it, you must. Generally, european movies will give u the shock effect. Not sure if it's because I am unfamiliar w the culture or what but GOD DAMn. But seriously rn a fave movie of mine would be Salt of This Sea.

Report Reply

What should we call you?
Shastakid is fine!
She/Her
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Any favorite directors?
Tim Burton, Dexter Fletcher and Steven Spielberg
Can't Choose!
Can't think of one.
Why do you like movies?
The making of and process
Unfortunately not
Rami Malek, Taron Egerton, Daniel Webber, Kristen Stewart
They've all played my favorite Rockstars!
Bohemian Rhapsody (So inaccurate but still good!)

Report Reply

Reply by mac!

posted

What should we call you? - malcolm, mal, or mac!
What pronouns should we use for you? - he/they
What was the first movie that you remember watching? - shrek 2 or finding nemo lol
Any favorite directors? - i love taika waititi. sorry
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? - i LOVE enemies to lovers stuff, not a big action movie person tho.
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? - that stupid baby in the twilight series. 
Why do you like movies? - because they reach different people in so many different ways. everybody's least favorite character is somebody else's favorite. a character that makes no sense to one is incredibly relatable to another!
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? - WILL ARNETT. he's hilarious and sooo talented. i also love steve carell and jim carrey; any well-known comedic actor that can surprise me with a serious and moving role.
What's your favorite movie? - into the wild

Report Reply

Reply by Dorian

posted

What should we call you? Dorian (I will also respond to lime and yoshi)
What pronouns should we use for you? they/them
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Barbie as the Island Princess. It took me five minutes to remember it.
Any favorite directors? taika waititi??? subject to change
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? limited color palettes, and when the women are horribly written
What's your favorite movie? But I'm a Cheerleader (1999)

Report Reply

Reply by Miss Victoria

posted

Name: Victoria or Tori
preferred pronouns: They/them (most preferred), She/her, he/him (occasionally).
Unacceptable gendered terms: Queen, sis -all other gendered terms are acceptable I think .
The first movie I remember watching is probably the adventures of Pinocchio, or dumbo.
My favorite director is Wes Anderson.
My favorite trope is best friends or lovers and then one or more of them die at the end.
My least favorite trope is poor communication.
I can never unsee stains physical/visible continuity errors. forgot which movie, it happens in a lot of movies.
I actually don’t know why i like movies.
Follow me on letterboxd @ElmFleetFearSt and I will follow back.
Tim curry is my favorite actor.
Usually I tell people my favorite movie is the rocky horror picture show but idk anymore.

Report Reply

Reply by RayanG

posted
updated

RayanG

He/him
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Masaki Kobayashi, Martin Scorsese, David Lean, Sergio Leone
Idk
Stunt wires in Face/Off
Mixture of low and high art, they kind of serve as deep dives and examinations into topics i normally wouldnt think about too much, also pretty cinematography
@therealmoistman on Letterboxd
Robert DeNiro
The Human Condition 

Report Reply

Reply by MrsMoe

posted

What should we call you?
Moe (or Morgan, which is my real name)

She/her

I had nearly every Disney movie ever made on VHS as a kid and I was place in front of them before I could even speak, so it was likely any one of those.

Any favorite directors?
David Lynch, Stanley Kubrick, and Satoshi Kon~

My favorite trope of all time would probably be self-destruction stories. I'm a huge fan of psychological horror and many of my favorite movies are about someone brutally ruining their own life. No doubt, my least favorite is designated love interests.

Uhhhh idk I'm not that good at spotting technical errors

Why do you like movies?
For the same reasons I love art in general. Film can be used to express your inner self and perspective of the world like nothing else can. Both creating and watching a movie can be a transformative experience.

Letterboxd - MrsMoe
Wordpress - LilMrsMoe (which doesn't have anything posted on it yet, but it's new and I'm working on it.

Robert De Niro. I don't think I really have to explain that one.

This might sound weird without explaining my personal experience with it, but....Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Report Reply

Reply by austin

posted

What should we call you? austin!
What pronouns should we use for you? they/them please
What was the first movie that you remember watching? rio! (yes the movie about the birds)
Why do you like movies? I grew up with my dads dvd collection, so i've kind of always been into movies.
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Anya Taylor Joy, she just plays her roles so good its hard to not admire her 
What's your favorite movie? prob top gun:maverick atm, i went to the theatre recently with my dad to watch it and it was super good, i def reccomend

Report Reply

Reply by 1Splinter_Wolf3

posted

What should we call you? KK
What pronouns should we use for you? He/Him
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Toy Story 1
Any favorite directors? Quentin Tarantino, David Fincher, James Wan and David F Sandberg
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Favorite is when rain is used for dramatic effect. Least Favorite is the Jumpscare
Why do you like movies? Movies are an escape into my mind, a place where I can like Tarantino’s over the top violence and dialogue while also loving Fincher’s dramatic direction and camera movement.
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Robert Pattinson, he has the ability to blend into any role, any scene and any film. I have been a big fan of his since twilight but with movies like The Batman, The Devil all the Time, and Tenet he really became my clear cut favorite actor today.
What's your favorite movie? My favorite movie is Gone Girl by David fincher. I have seen it almost 10 times.

Report Reply

Reply by lil<3

posted

What should we call you?
liliiii
she/her
idk bro, i seen some things
Any favorite directors? 
i love alfred hitchcock tbh
idk but weirdly i'm a hopeless romantic so anything up that alley works for me
inconsistencies between cuts are a big thing, i'm massively observant
Why do you like movies?
my life is too boring, movies have drama
so i write reviews of movies/tv on here
letterboxd: virginmaryy
not really
there's too many to choose from tbh, i watch anything and everything so it's hard to define a particular favourite

Report Reply

Reply by juno!

posted

What should we call you? Juno!
What pronouns should we use for you? he/him (oder er, ich sprache deustch)
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Jimmy Neutron LMAOO
Any favorite directors? David Lynch, Stanely Kubrick, Alfred Hitchcock
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? N/A
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? Suspiria (1977)
Why do you like movies? They're like an escape from reality almost
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) my letterboxd is @juuunnnooooo
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Ryan Gosling, idk he's just amazing lol
What's your favorite movie? Oh I gotta say either Donnie Darko, Saló, Or the 120 Days, American Psycho,or Buffalo '66

Report Reply

Reply by Kat On Broadway

posted

What should we call you? - Kat!

What was the first movie that you remember watching? - Blue Clues 'Blues Birthday' from 1999 (it's on Letterboxd so I consider it a movie) 

Any favorite directors? - I tend to like movies more of individually and don't follow directors too much, but I know if Jordan Peele directed it then I will like it!

What is your favorite and least favorite trope? - Favorite would be found family, I think. But I absolutely know my least favorite trope is the 3rd act breakup over a misunderstanding. 

What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? - In 'The Autopsy of Jane Doe' is outright states that 1) she would be wearing a corset as a Puritan woman and 2) she was wearing it so tight is permanently morphed her ribs into an unnatural shape. Not only is it historically inaccurate for her to be wearing a corset as a puritan but corsets were not worn that tight. 

Why do you like movies? - when they are at their best they are like magic, and when they are at their worst it's pure entertainment 

Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? - I've said many times before that Ryan Gosling is the most talented actor in Hollywood, so I'll choose him. For now. 

What's your favorite movie? - I'll have to choose 3: Sweeney Todd for the movie that I consider most formative, Back to the Future 2 for the movie that I've seen the most, and Nope for my favorite movie of the year (2022)

Report Reply

Reply by James H

posted

What should we call you? James
What pronouns should we use for you? He?Him
What was the first movie that you remember watching? 2001 a space odyseey
Any favorite directors?Martin Scoresese, Quentin Tarentino, Steven Spielberg, and Alfred Hitchcock
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee?In American Sniper, Bradley Cooper's character is holding a baby that is not even real
Why do you like movies?It helps in my boredom and I like to have fun
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) No
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out?My favorite actors are Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Clint Eastwood
What's your favorite movie? There are too many

Report Reply

Reply by Skadi Violet

posted

What should we call you? Royal
What pronouns should we use for you? She/Her 💙
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Drop Dead Fred
Any favorite directors? James Cameron, Tim Burton, Martin Scorsese
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? Can't really think of any rn! I love movies!
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? Kermit's lower sleeve being visible in a scene in The Muppets Take Manhattan lol...
Why do you like movies? The creativity it takes to film one. It's exhilarating to create and see your art being appreciated.  
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? Leonardo DiCaprio; He's older and still hot
What's your favorite movie? Titanic. Hands down. I've loved it since seeing it in theatres. 

Report Reply

Reply by junoluvr

posted

What should we call you?  vee!
What pronouns should we use for you?  she/her
What was the first movie that you remember watching? Garfield gets real
Any favorite directors? Spike lee
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? a favorite would be the hot older sister and the least would be the couple dying in horror movies. 
What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? the liquid in cups are always filled differently. 
Why do you like movies? i always love the way visuals make me feel and also the experience of getting stuck in a movie. 
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) i have my letterboxd is linked but share any dedicated blogs if you have some!!
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? i don't really have one...
What's your favorite movie? moonlight

Report Reply

Reply by Brie

posted

What should we call you?
Brie!!
She/They/Any works tbh!
Lilo and Stitch in theaters <3
Any favorite directors?
Not really!!
Idk if it's fully counted as a trope, but any torture scenes; real or fake just seems unnecessary to me.
I don't really have one!
Why do you like movies?
I like seeing other people's visions and the collection of multiple types of talent. I love the concept of being transported different places and times through film and learning the inspiration of them and the drive behind them.
Not right now ;;
Don't really have one!!
I have a lot but my favorites are: Daisies [1966], The Seventh Seal [1957], Peep 'TV' Show [2004], Twilight [1994] to name a few...!!

Report Reply

Reply by ROMEO ミ★

posted

What should we call you?
Romeo !! u can also call me priest, i guess, which is from old online handles

he/she (in equal amounts, if u can)

the pokemon movie. like the ORIGINAL pokemon movie that we had on vhs and that i would rewatch three times a day, to my parents's chagrin lol

Any favorite directors?
i'm a big fan of what jordan peele is doing rn - also guillermo del toro and patrick brice! honestly though i'm not very good at keeping up with a director's full filmography, i usually just watch individual films as they catch my attention.

i love tropes relating to doom, inevitability, grief, and being "trapped in the narrative" so to speak (i could talk about this for one thousand years.) i also really like found families and other character-driven tropes like that.

as for tropes i don't like: i think "this kid was just BORN EVIL" is stupid as a premise for a conflict or a villain, and basically all revenge plotlines bore me to death.

it's not a mistake in the classic sense of 'an error that should have been caught by an editor or a script advisor' but like the last five minutes of the 2020 horror film "the turning" is truly some of the worst shit i've ever seen on the big screen, which is a shame, because the rest of the movie is actually pretty good.

Why do you like movies?
i like story-telling in general, and film is just one particular medium for story-telling - and a really versatile one, at that. while i'm a prose-writer by trade myself, there's a lot about writing i can learn from watching movies.

nope, sorry

similar to directors.... i do not keep up with the careers of specific actors lol. i like bill hader, daniel kaluuya, sandra oh, and anya taylor-joy in a lot of the stuff i've seen them in, though.

oooooh what a tough question. my top three are probably american psycho (dir. mary harron), one cut of the dead (dir. shin'ichiro ueda), and thoroughbreds (dir. cory finley) !

Report Reply

Reply by willoply

posted
updated

What should we call you?
karma!
she/her plss
i have terrible memory
Any favorite directors?
i know nothing abt directors
i love any type of romance trope
the entire gummo movie
Why do you like movies?
they're everything
letterboxd- dorritoo
mmm nope!
lots. lots. lots.

Report Reply

Reply by 'vida

posted
updated

What should we call you? vida
What was the first movie that you remember watching?genuinely have no idea but it was probably disney
Any favorite directors? Yorgos Lanthimos & Damien Chazelle
What is your favorite and least favorite trope? fav: psychological & romance. Don't really have a least fav maybe comedy coz i dont watch much of that
Why do you like movies? probably because it's so vast and always growing there's so much you can do and being in front of the big screen is a voyage
Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? filmtwt: chry_salxsm  letterboxd: dvd_bluray
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? haley lu richardson idk i think she acts really well,i think she does it really well
What's your favorite movie? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (always)

Report Reply

Reply by

posted

Names: Monarch, Doe

Pronouns: He/Him, She/Her

First Movie: I Forget

Favourite Directors: None

Favourite Trope: Horror or at least eerie

Least Favourite Trope: Rom-Coms

Movie Mistakes I Can’t Unsee: Genuinely don’t care for the mistakes

Why I Like Movies: They’re just fun to me 

Am I Following Any Movie Related Social Media Accounts or Platforms: Sort of, I’m mainly a musical theatre kid.

My Favourite Actor/Actress: Definitely Emily Rohm or Winona Ryder. I just like actresses a lot.

My Favourite Movie: Heathers (1989)

Report Reply

Reply by abbie

posted

What should we call you? Hi everyone! I'm Abbie:)
Any favorite directors? barry jenkins! i love moonlight
Why do you like movies? movies can just be so immersive idk
Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? i'm really loving paul mescal right now! the way he expresses emotion is just so. good.
What's your favorite movie? right now probably aftersun. i sobbed lol 

Report Reply

Reply by jimmy

posted

What should we call you? 
citrus! or just jimmy will work fine cuz this is a joke acc 

he/she/they, don't mind :]

a little princess (1995) - i remember ugly crying to it as a 5 year old, definitely going to rewatch soon!

Any favorite directors?
yorgos lanthimos! something about the unsettling way he frames a shot and his use of space

Why do you like movies?
movies are like the amalgamation of every form of media, combining music, text, art direction, raw emotion, each time making something that in some form reflects the human experience. i like that we can look at a movie, a piece of film that lasts just a few hours, and see something in it that mirrors ourselves.

florence pugh has a great emotional range, her acting is so subtle but her emotions are so raw. she also just seems like a sweet person :]

i have,. a couple..!!!
the lobster, midsommar, in bruges, the favourite, eternal sunshine of a spotless mind

Report Reply

Reply by aidan!

posted

hello!! im new here and very lost so its nice to find somewhere i can fit! i'm currently studying film at university and want to be a director 

What should we call you? - aidan!

What pronouns should we use for you? - he/him/they

What was the first movie that you remember watching? - Spider-Man 2 dir. Sam Raimi was my entire childhood

Any favorite directors? - Damien Chazelle, Takeshi Kitano, Park Chan-wook are my top 3!!

What is your favorite and least favorite trope? - favourite trope umm i guess im a sucker for when someone says the name of the movie in the movie and also i REALLY love when the title card drops a substantial amount of time into the film

What's a movie mistake you can never unsee? - not really a mistake i guess but in the open matte version of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man (2002) you can often see crew members and equipment on the top of the frame, purely just because the movie was never meant to be seen in that format!

Why do you like movies? - oh man, they're just everything, you know? i wouldn't be anything without movies

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or twitter account, etc!) - letterboxd!! : https://letterboxd.com/BigHefty/

Do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out? - my top 3 actors are Robert Pattinson, Ryan Gosling and Collin Farrel. I think they're all fantastic actors who constantly keep making fascinating career choices and the roles they do are just so appealing to me. 

What's your favorite movie? - The Fabelmans!!

Report Reply

Reply by cory

posted

what should we call you?
cory !

what pronouns should we use for you?
any (he/they/she) are good, but i prefer he/they :)!

what was the first movie that you remember watching?
i honestly cant remember... it mustve been a barney or dora movie though

what is your favorite and least favorite trope?
i dunno about my favourite one, but my least favourite (not even sure if this is a trope) is definitely those kinds of movies that set two people up just because "she was a girl and he was a boy" and they dont have any chemistry or reason to be together besides that.

why do you like movies?
they remind me that i can always find solace in media that isnt necessarily about real happenings. they let me take a break from the world idk ??

do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? (Letterboxd, a dedicated blog or Twitter account, etc!)
ive got a letterboxd !

do you have a favorite actor? What makes them stand out?
joe keery ! im gna be honest, at first i was just into him because of his looks (i still am into him tho..) but ive realised that hes my fav actor kus hes really versatile ! hes game for different genres and kinds of projects and he still serves absolute cunt in every role.

what's your favorite movie?
submarine (2011) or fantastic mr fox (2009) !

Report Reply

Reply by slusho6666

posted
updated

yo, i'm dee (slusho) - my pronouns are they/them.

the first movie i ever saw in a theater was aladdin, with my dad. i freaked out when jafar turned into a snake. 

Any favorite directors?
karen kusama, chloe okuno, don mancini

toot: when the girls/gays/theys slay
boot: when the girls/gays/theys are slayed

Why do you like movies?
movies make brain go brrr 

Do you have any movie-related social media for us to follow you on? 
pls follow on letterboxd for very unserious and often stoned takes on whatever i'm watching:https://letterboxd.com/slusho6666/ 

What's your favourite movie? 
ladies and gentlemen the fabulous stains

Report Reply