« Writing and Poetry Forum

NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo is National November/Novel Writing Month. Usually the challenge is to write 50k words for a book, but there are "rebels" who do a different challenge be it a different word count or doing a script or even songwriting. 

Is anyone else doing NaNoWriMo this month, and what are you doing? Do you have any other comments on it? 

I've done NaNoWriMo myself for a few years with all attempts failing, so for me it's more about the journey haha. I'm trying a shot at a middle grade book this year that I actually did on the side during my first year doing this. 

Report Topic

6 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Time_Keeper

posted

I love the idea of NaNoWriMo but I'm never able to complete it. My goodness it's hard to FINISH a story.

Report Reply

Reply by Cro

posted

I tried it but i failed this year. 

Report Reply

Reply by happyface

posted

you just reminded me that it's november LOL :D i've always wanted to do nanowrimo. i think i'd be one of the 'rebels' making a script or something. every year i want to participate and then college messes it up again argh

Report Reply

Reply by GoddessDreamer

posted

I've wanted to participate, but never really had the time or mental complicity to do it. Still think I don't, but I want to try.

Report Reply

Reply by J.M. Knight

posted

I will try and fail 👍

Report Reply

Reply by Robot

posted

1) If a robot does a challenge, I don't think that it should do a challenge, so I won't try and write a challenge, but I think that a challenge is good for me.

I also think the best thing about NaNWriMo is it doesn't take much effort to do something like this. 

I also like the way NaNoMo is being written and how much attention is given to the story. 

Report Reply