« News and Politics Forum

The declaration of stupidity in people

Posted by Austin_KornClown7

posted
updated

Forum: News and Politics

Don't look up movie analysis

Wow! This Netflix movie ( Don't look up) really shows the problems with the current climate of America and the idioticy of the average person.

The problems are so clear and this movie acts as a huge parody of the real life situations of those. The people that lack the ability of understanding scientific reasoning and how things work in the reality while also showing the nature of overbearing capitalism and religious overtones.

It's shows the fallacies of the middle ground approach to how the media is and the amount of sure stupidity that people possess.

It really is a piece of terrifying satire but the point rings home. People need to fucking educate themselves and if you don't have the ability or can't listen to the scientific concenisneis and evidence. 

Honestly I'm not really caring about your feelings...anymore  It's time to take climate change seriously, it's time to stop listening to politics of the right wing and the bullshit conspiracies. Get your fucking vaccines, try to end animal farming causing climate crisis, stop supporting idiots in politics that deny scientific concenisneis and evidence, and last of all just stop being pedantic about everything. Here the thing we don't have time to fuck around. I'm done being nice about it.

Don't care whether you believe in a sky daddy or not. This earth is my home and we humans bafe just a tiny little part of it. One animal among many within the stars. The universe doesn't care whether life exists or not and if we are so selfish to destroy it for everyone then we deserve to die but not all the other living creatures... Stop being a dick. Listen to science. Gain knowledge & show compassion. 

Happy New year!

#dontlookup

#climatechangeisreal

#govegan

Report Topic

17 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Austin_KornClown7

posted

Sorry you are the one that is uneducated and brainwashed. You prove the point that the movie is making a satire of. LMFAO you need to reevaluate your beliefs to align them with scientific reasoning not idiotic views and propaganda.

Report Reply

Reply by Red Field

posted

I'm vegan and a green consumer. You're really brainwashed  OP...

Report Reply

posted

You both are completely brainwashed, and actively fucking ignorant.

https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/

Report Reply

posted

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science."
- Charles Darwin

Report Reply

Reply by Red Field

posted

Except its us libertarians who are pushing for nuclear power adoption?
We're the ones in favor of cryptocurrency over fiat?
You know, the main issues that actually could reduce energy wastage and pollution in the west?

Furthermore, you act like you own the planet, that you're entitled to the entire land air and sea, so much so that you believe that the planet should fit your ideal model alone, when in reality tons of other people would want it in other ways.

You own your property, you look after your property and support businesses that follow practices that you support. Its really as simple a that. Let the free market do its thing - Nuclear power delivery. That would massively boost adoption for electric vehicles as well.

Nobody is saying climate change isn't real, it is, but not as exaggerated as politicians make it to be and regardless the entire planet has been changing for millions of years well before humans. It inevitably will change with or without us over the next few billion years, do you seriously expect the planet to look the same?

So seriously get a hold of yourself and let go of the paranoia from political brainwashing. Politicians will use whatever they can get to push their election campaigns, including fear-mongering with wild climate change claims. They really don't care about climate change, else they would have supported legalizing commercial nuclear power generation a long time ago.

Report Reply

Reply by EngiQu33ring

posted
updated

I don't think I've seen so many replies in a single thread where no one really said anything before. Y'all do know that calling each other brainwashed without challenging what the other person said isn't actually an argument right?

Report Reply

Reply by Red Field

posted

Its funny lmao he hasn't replied since I called out his ignorance. Still, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt simply coz I can't expect a reply in just 1 day given the state of this site.

Report Reply

posted

Fundamentally disagree with your premises, as they are all strawmen and seem to be what you think I believe versus what I believe.

“ you act like you own the planet, that you're entitled to the entire land air and sea, so much so that you believe that the planet should fit your ideal model alone, when in reality tons of other people would want it in other ways”

Generally, I do not feel that I own anything as I reject the notion that humans are special and own whatever they are advancing. That's what you projected onto me. How is caring about the planet and the entire idea of life (I.E all living creatures) entitled? I think you are confused. That’s what the make-believe religions say. We are animals and a part of the symbiont circle 

Just like everything in the world. 

“You own your property, you look after your property and support businesses that follow practices that you support. Its really as simple a that. Let the free market do its thing - Nuclear power delivery. That would massively boost adoption for electric vehicles as well.”

However, you need to explain how the "free market" fixes everything. Sorry, that's not how it works. Markets are only concerned with higher returns on investment in the next quarter. It's all about money. Therefore, it's likely that you are indifferent to anything other than yourself if you can still type an idiotic statement like this. 

In addition, I have no problem with cryptocurrency or any other form of money over fiat?

In the near term, nuclear power adoption may give way and time to improving more solar, wind, and hydroelectric power. But nuclear power should not be the end goal more of a stop gap. But again, I don’t know where you thought my position was… that’s a projection of what you think I thought. I said nothing about that. 

“Nobody is saying climate change isn't real, it is, but not as exaggerated as politicians make it to be and regardless the entire planet has been changing for millions of years well before humans. It inevitably will change with or without us over the next few billion years, do you seriously expect the planet to look the same?”

In your statement, you pretty much say the same thing that anyone who doesn't care says, and I am sorry you have no data to back up your claims. 

Although the world has changed, you simply do not recognize the gravity of the situation that mankind has created over the last 12,000 years (the last 150 specifically). 

“So seriously get a hold of yourself and let go of the paranoia from political brainwashing. Politicians will use whatever they can get to push their election campaigns, including fear-mongering with wild climate change claims. They really don't care about climate change, else they would have supported legalizing commercial nuclear power generation a long time ago.”

You don't seem to understand what you're talking about. I'm not a leftist, a rightist, a middle-grounder, or whatever. What matters to me is the well-being of the entire planet and all live that inhabits it. The rights of one individual don't matter to me if it causes harm to everyone else. It's that simple. Rather than thinking " Fuck you, I have mine ", why not have a conversation instead of dividing everyone who opposes your viewpoint into camps? We all live on this one ship, one rock, we get one life, and if we fuck it up that’s it.  

Could you please clarify your positions a bit better? I don't mean to come off as an ass, but you seemed to dismiss things without presenting any evidence. 

Because some of you will only read part of this before claiming I’m biased, here are my responses on how to use logic to reach a conclusion.

The so-called good and bad are subjective to the eye of the beholder. One might think only of themselves, hence to try to maximize pleasure could justify to themselves many things that others might find horrific. And for good measure. We tend as a society to have what is a colloquial sense of morality and or a generalized sense of what is right and wrong. But it does sit on a sliding scale depending on the person you ask. There are no absolutes.

But when it comes to things like sifting through data or information. The way that I approach things is via the scientific method. When looking into any topic you want to find a body of objectively verifiable facts that are positively indicative of or exclusively concordant with one position notion over another. When things can be verified, tested, and put under scrutiny and still produce the same results, they can be backed up safely. The real key is being able to not be dogmatic and trying not to work backward from an already believed conclusion.

So when looking through information disregarding unreliable means:

If something is not compliant with other verifiable sources and is not falsifiable then that thing can be discarded. There will always be some bias in sources. However, that's why you should use multiple sources and confirm that whatever is said has been verified and isn’t just unsupported assertions.

Sources:

https://www.ipcc.ch/sr15/

https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/downloads/report/IPCC_AR6_WGI_Full_Report.pdf

TEDxTalks. (2021, March 4). The secret weapon against pandemics that nobody wants to talk about | Alex O'Connor | TEDxWarwick. YouTube. Retrieved January 16, 2022, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3-evFI1Fis 

Phebe Asantewaa Owusu & Samuel Asumadu-Sarkodie | (2016) A review of renewable energy sources, sustainability issues and climate change mitigation, Cogent Engineering, 3:1, 1167990, DOI: 10.1080/23311916.2016.1167990 To link to this article: https://doi.org/10.1080/23311916.2016.1167990 

OurBombs. (2021, April 22). How sure are climate scientists, really? YouTube. Retrieved January 16, 2022, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7FAAfK78_M 

Wikimedia Foundation. (2021, November 17). Hierarchy of Evidence. Wikipedia. Retrieved January 16, 2022, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_evidence 

Dandotiya, B., & Sharma, H. K. (2022). Climate Change and Its Impact on Terrestrial Ecosystems. In I. Management Association (Ed.), Research Anthology on Environmental and Societal Impacts of Climate Change (pp. 88-101). IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-6684-3686-8.ch005

Report Reply

posted

LMFAO, uneducated idiot...

Report Reply

posted

I like how almost none of you can back up your claims... Fucking idiots. Come back when you can have a logical discussion.

Report Reply

posted

It's hilarious you think you're right when the citations of so called data you provided is complete bullshit. You got to be the most ignorant, idiot, pot calling the silverware black, moron I've ever spoken to. Honestly you are just a sad sack of conspiracy theories and anti science dogma. You need to go back get an education and also learn what the hirarchay of scientific evidence is. 

Report Reply

posted

Honestly you all are just fucking idiots, please present some sort of data. ( Let me clarify, real science) peace out. 👌

Report Reply

posted

One more note: I love how you can only pull up 10 year old bias right wing articles which have zero credibility.( Opinion writing)

While simultaneously saying you a random idiot online knows more compared to the IPCC where they are literally a collection of thousands of scientists across the world all with peer reviewed and triple check facts on these subjects. You are a joke my dude.

Here read through this maybe just maybe it will get through to you. But honestly I feel like I'm wasting my time as I willing to bet you are the kind of person that just repeats a narrative and never admits to being wrong so you probably didn't even look at the evidence little line anything that I've shared. 

https://theconversation.com/ipcc-the-dirty-tricks-climate-scientists-faced-in-three-decades-since-first-report-145126

Report Reply

posted

LMFAO, you are so far gone! You fucking idiots all just parrot back and project your own faults on the those that do not share in your own delusional fantasy....

Your literally can not be reasoned out of your imagination land. You don't understand science, peer review, the difference between fact and opinion, the scientific concenisneis, the hierarchy of scientific evidence, or literally anything resembling a logical discussion or thought.

Again those articles you shared are not scientific concenisneis or hacked by anything, but you have ZERO FUCKING CLUE WHAT SCIENCE IS DO YOU.
(Oooo all caps! Haha)

The fact you keep bring up the the talking point that all these people don't want to talk to me is sad and hilarious.
 1. I never said as I  was referring to the 3 or so of you idiots spreading misinformation & 
 2. That doesn't mean anything to the logic and scientific reasoning behind my points???
  You can have an army of idiots all believing in the same thing doesn't mean it's correct... There is this little thing call Observable facts which are true regardless of what you believe.

I'm sorry you didn't finish a basic education, the fact that you posted this photo from Wikipedia

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2020_Presidential_Election_by_County.svg

Trying to what I assume is to show that more people side with you??? Which as I pointed out doesn't matter even it was true but sadly again you are to stupid to understand population density maps and are just pushing a narrative...

Read here:
Full context
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/05/lets-get-ahead-it-map-early-2020-results-by-population-not-acreage/

Just the main photo
https://images.app.goo.gl/ha4dgg3dyE8xcmKC9

Also I'm not even getting into the whole pronouns thing, you show your ignorance on insanity levels as you obviously are too far gone to even understand the science behind, genitals, sex, biology, sexuality, and what is male/female.

I'll leave this for a biologist as I'm not qualified to teach you on this that will give it justice:
https://youtu.be/szf4hzQ5ztg

How about you go back to 8chain, or telegram.. with the other losers who are too stupid to
 understand that FACT THAT THEY ARE STUPID.
( Oooo caps again)

PS.

WRITING IN ALL CAPS DOESN'T Convey any more logical reasoning to your points. I put them in here to mock you! Please for the love of the imaginary God you probably believe in shut your God dam mouth. You self entitled moron.

PPS.

If you really want to open your mind to logical thinking, and the science behind reality. I'm more than willing to stop this back and forth. Band discuss the science. You can start with actually reading what I wrote and the sources I linked, if you have questions I'm sure we can discuss further. If not, have fun being stuck in a delusional fantasy. 

Good day.

Report Reply

posted

PPPS

You listen Architects???
Don't know how you do as their music is about animal liberation / veganism/ and overall the idiots who don't understand climate change and the affects of it?? Just wondering how you reckon that lol.

And least we can agree on music taste 👌 

Report Reply

posted

ok buddy I'm sorry you unfortunately can't understand logical thought or science.

You seem to just be projecting your own faults onto others who do not share them.  & You have proved nothing. Good day!

Report Reply

posted

You prove you don't understand anything.

Report Reply