« Back to the Oh, The Horror! Forum

Whats your LEAST favorite horror movie? [closed]

Enough of your fuckin favorites. Tell us what you dislike and why.

I'll go first. I feel like the Blair Witch Project was boring, though I respect its place as one of the first found footage horrors. The Shining is also lame because if I wanted to watch a father terrorize his family, I'd raise my own father from his grave.

Report Topic

199 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Dm_is_ellie

posted

Krampus for me lol. It’s really bad but it’s my favorite tradition to watch with my family for chri

Report Reply

Reply by stellz

posted

tbh, i hated American physco, it didn't make much sense...and there was so many unnecessary scenes

Report Reply

Reply by cydyy

posted

might get hate, idc... halloween is boring and was just plain bad from the very first move. sorry not sorry...

Report Reply

Reply by scarlet 𖦹⋆。˚

posted

Blair witch project. So disappointed 

Report Reply

Reply by ₳†⅃ ⍲⟆ ∀₵ꙇ₫

posted

honestly i h8 the shining.. i found it very boring & ik itz psychological horror i dont think it waz done very well

Report Reply

Reply by jx3minxd

posted

ion like any of the Texas chainsaw remakes sadly, I revisit them every now and then but I just can't finish them like the first one

Report Reply

Reply by Sxppho

posted

At one point, I was on a quest to watch the most disturbing horror films, and ended up watching The Gateway Meat on YouTube. I say 'watched' but it was so boring I clicked off halfway through. Was about a family of Satan worshippers trying to summon a portal to hell by being as depraved as possible, but the editing was bad. I'm not saying this to be edgy, but the only part I found disturbing was how the daughter (who's no more than 6) seems to be watching the family do shit.

Report Reply

Reply by MysticMay

posted

Probably insidious, just feels like it doesnt have a proper plot and its kind of boring and hard to follow. Dont know if it counts as a horror, more like gore, but serbian film will forever scar me

Report Reply

Reply by venus ☆

posted

i absolutely loathed Halloween, my friend was so hyped to see my opinion but it was soooo bland. also you're so right about the shinning, i literally only like it for the visuals that imo Kubrick always delivers well on his movies but that's about it; the behind the scenes stuff is also disgusting and it makes me so mad they took such a personal story about the author's fear of becoming a monster due to his addiction into a misogynistic and racist plotline.  

Report Reply

Reply by blaire / lyla ᯓ★

posted

i really didn't like Dead Silence. idk, a dummy looking a lot like slappy trying to scare people was just...boring. and the thing with demons being in stomachs in the intro, that weirded me out ngl

Report Reply

Reply by Hallucigenia

posted

the 2017 IT movie was just not scary. most americans seem to think putting a clown in a horror movie automatically makes it scary but while clowns can be scary if you try, they are not automatically scary.

Report Reply

Reply by Seth>\\\<

posted

Ive gotta say the worst and I mean WORST horror movie I've ever watched was The Turning.The ending was shit and when u need fan theories to explain ur plot I think that says a lot abt ur movie.

Finn wolfhard was the only highlight.

If u like this movie good for u Im glad u can find substance in something I personally dislike. 

Anyway the turning gets a 4/10 good ideas could've work if it wasn't exicuted so horribly 

Report Reply

Reply by Jaden

posted

Halloween

Report Reply

Reply by Laurah!!!

posted

"Terrifier". The second one is even good,but the first one is terrible.

Report Reply

Reply by p!nkstungvnn

posted

THE Final Destination (2009) . God this move is shit, the Cg is shit, the acting is shit, its shot like a fading memory and it serves as an embarrassment to the original trilogy. This movie does not exist, we should collectvely forget it.

Report Reply

Reply by trashpandaz00

posted

Poltergeist (1982). idk, felt kinda boring and it wasn't even scary

Report Reply

Reply by NickJ

posted

Nightmare on Elm Street II

Report Reply

Reply by xtalkr

posted

The boy 2. They massacred my boy Brahms, and for what DD:

Report Reply

Reply by Uniii

posted

Dont come for me for this but Hereditary... Like it was okay but it was so confusing and idk it just didnt tickle my brain :')

Report Reply

Reply by Arth__

posted

The Netflix knockoff films

Report Reply

Reply by gothika♱

posted

crimson peak. i might get some hate for that but fuck it. the visuals, makeup and everything are beautiful but the plot is unoriginal and you could see the twist from a mile away.

i understand that the movie is pretty to look at but it's overrated.

Report Reply

Reply by Hiaf2

posted

It's the The Windmill Massacre! One of the worst slashers I've seen.The Second thought - Winnie the Pooh Blood and Honey. The concept was kinda cool, but the movie is so lame 

Report Reply

Reply by toneisdead

posted

Vivarium... 

it was so boring and when I watched it, it felt like eternity. I didn't really get it either. and I know that it was kind of the point. but really, what was the point?

Report Reply

Reply by 🔪 L1am 🥩

posted

I don't like the shining because I found it really boring(I don't get scared by like any movies, only shocked or surprised), same goes for Pet Cemetery(I turned it off it was so painfully boring). but nothing could prepare me for the movie Satanic(2006) it was just so bad in every aspect and the boringness made it physically painful for me to get through. Like it didnt feel funny bad, maybe if I watched it with someone it would've, but watching that shit alone was like walking on nails.

I only watched the entire thing because Jeffery Combs is in it. Amazingly I don't even remember what he did. I LOVE JEFFERY COMBS ok. I don't just forget the scenes he's in from an entire movie.

Report Reply

Reply by xXTheBlueCryptidXx

posted

"Fall", everyone always hypes it up and says its a scary horror movie and it cant even be considered horror. Its boring and i thought the storyline was stupid the only even little bit of plot is that her bff slept with her bf??? Like boring and she dosent even try to kill her.

Report Reply

Reply by ☆trista☆

posted

i spit on your grave (1978)

i get that it was the 70s but 90% of the movie was just her getting r4ped over and over again?? like when i was watching it i was like what the fuck?? i haven't seen any of the remakes and i don't plan to, but i hope in those remakes they focus at least a bit more on her actually getting revenge instead of just an hour of her getting tortured.

Report Reply

Reply by Oskar

posted

A serbian film for sure watched it once never again like what was the thought process behind it? Why was it made¿¿

Report Reply

Reply by ★ NHYČCEJH :3

posted

There r probably out there worse than this one and don't hate me but; The Exorsist. To me alot of it js didn't make alot of sense like, why or how did she become possessed? How did the priests find out she was possessed? And where did the last priest come from? etc. There r probably answer but I rlly js did not like that movie.

Report Reply

Reply by abby

posted

the american remake of martyrs. i love the original but HATE the remake.

Report Reply

Reply by Azy

posted

The nun 2 I was so disappointed watching it

Report Reply

Reply by Mariah૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა

posted

The human centipede,so much unnecessary sa in the third one, and it like a kid from south park wrote it, literally so childish esp the second one...   

Report Reply

Reply by rott3ngrl

posted

has to be scream series I js don't think it's scary js mediocre 

Report Reply

Reply by rawrcorez

posted

Megan. Its basically chuckie but a robot girl who dances, i was trying so hard not to laugh when she was singing that one sonng Titanium 

Report Reply

Reply by Zoe Marie

posted
updated

probably Hostel because the extremely violent sex scenes made me extremely uncomfortable, not to also mention the eyeball scene that made me have to stop the movie and vomit my entire stomach along with my stomach lini

Report Reply

Reply by Kitsune

posted

annabelle 3

i didn´t even finish the movie

Report Reply

Reply by vi

posted

the Blair witch project was absolute shit. I mean truly it was kinda goofy.

Report Reply

Reply by SpaceDino

posted

The 2004 remake of Dawn of The Dead and the 1990 remake of Night of The Living dead. I just really don't like them.

Report Reply

Reply by ✦ millie ✦

posted

recently watched the crooked man...reallyyyy wasnt a fan D: but i like what they were trying to do it just was def not my thing LOL

Report Reply

Reply by ☆bubbles☆

posted

I rewatched the first annabelle movie a few days ago and it's kinda boring compared to the later Annabelle movies

Still a big fan of the annabelle movies though!

Report Reply

Reply by kittie

posted

I watched this really weird horror movie the other day.. def gotta be one my least favs, made me really uncomfortable do not recommend. Its called "nekromantik" you can go ahead and look it up what it's about if your curious. but had some animal scenes i wish i was warned of, definitely don't watch if your sensitive to that. there's multiple movies as well, but i'm not considering watching them as its not worth it, overall just unsettling.

Report Reply

Reply by pawriss

posted

the new scream movies, they're just not as enjoyable as the older one, also because i dont like jenna ortega that much

Report Reply

Reply by ୨୧ Kynlee

posted

Terrifier 2. So scary and gross

Report Reply

Reply by crona/tweek

posted

probably saw. i can deal with most movies like that, but saw just made me angry.

Report Reply

Reply by livingdeadmag

posted

how has no one said american psycho 2? they butchered the shit out of the og script (which btw was not at all related to the original american psycho!)

it's only a 'sequel' in name alone, and like a patrick bateman cameo

i don't wanna be harsh tho, maybe it would've been better if they didn't try and pass it off as a sequel. 

Report Reply

Reply by f3ral_gh0st X__x

posted

recently watched the shining w my friends and it was soooo boring

literally nothing happened for most of the movie and it wasnt scary at all it just sucked

i think 80s horror is pretty slow generally but oh my GOD it was so long with like no payoff

Report Reply

Reply by Paolo★*☆♪☆ (≧∀≦)♪

posted

Any exorcism movie and the whole conjuring franchise, it's honestly so boring when they try to make possession scary, and they always use lame ass jumpscares

Report Reply

Reply by jam

posted

teeth (2007). everyone told me it was so "girlboss" and empowering, but it was one of the most disgusting and terribly executed movies i've ever seen.

Report Reply

Reply by Rage_Quitter

posted

i love the Texas Chainsaw series but the 2022 one and Leatherface 2017 was just.. not it.. 

2022: it had a shit ton of plot holes and it was just bad honestly first of all it doesn't make sense that they gave Leatherface this super strength he literally broke someones wrist in half and stabbed them with the bone.. thats cool but i feel like Leatherface wouldn't or couldn't do that AND i HATE how they made Sally, like... how the fukc is Leatherface suppose to remember you after 50 years not only that... it was just.. shitty, the gore work was amazing i would say that but it just wasn't good

Leatherface 2017: at the start i really loved the birthday scene and i expected to love the movie cause the birthday scene was REALLY good.. but that was it.. like first of all it didn't make sense that Bud wasn't Leatherface like he wasn't talking he was kinda aggressive and he was.. just built like him BUT instead ofc Leatherface is thw handsome skinny boy... and there was unnecessary sex that i didn't want to see

Report Reply

Reply by Rage_Quitter

posted

Human Centipede 3, it was just dogshit, it was unnecessary, like i actually liked the first two films, the first one was a lot under my expectations with the gore and the second one i really liked it, i liked that is was black and white, i would say there were some unnecessary scenes but the third one just didn't make sense and it was just bad

Report Reply

Reply by shark

posted

47 meters down, it's only a horror movie if you're scared of drowning or sharks but it's also so dramatic i can't stand it. 

Report Reply