« Books and Stories Forum

Manga

Anyone knows any good manga to recommend?

I recommend xxxHolic and Magic Knight Rayearth, anything made by CLAMP is amazing.

Report Topic

90 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by el~★

posted

banana fish.. i remember laughing at the dumb name before the anime aired and then by the end of the manga i have to say ive never cried like that. changed my life forever,,,, like it will /wreck/ you but couldn't recommend it more

Report Reply

Reply by Cireskc Arl

posted

Si te gustan los mangas bl turbios, la autora harada tendra varias obras asi!!Mis favoritas son la cancion de yoru y asa, nii chan, one room angel y poison sex!!!

Report Reply

Reply by GlazedHamMan

posted

Choujin X is my #1 ongoing rn. Make the Exorcist Fall in Love and The Summer Hikaru Died are also Great ongoings. For older stuff I'd rec Holyland if you like fighting stuff. Dorohedoro is also amazing.

Report Reply

Reply by matthew

posted

blood on the tracks, inside mari, a condition called love, ptsd radio, dai dark are some of my favorites 

Report Reply

Reply by C473R1N4

posted

Berserk - Kentaro Miura

Evangelion - Sadamoto

Solanin - Inio Asano

Any Junji Ito manga

Nana - Ai Yazawa

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Hirohiko Araki

Report Reply

Reply by lalai

posted

eu recomendo xxxholic, um anime incrível e mangá tbm, ele tem relação com Sakura card captor e stubasa (esqueci o nome do anime  por isso não sei escrever) deveria ser mais popular aqui no Brasil

Report Reply

Reply by Viva

posted

A Man And His Cat is so good!!! it's also rlly funny and cute lmao

More cat manga -- Nights with a cat and Night Of The Living Cat are also rlly good

Report Reply

Reply by Yumiash

posted

If you like the romance and fashion, personally i recommed princess jellyfish

Report Reply

Reply by Yumiash

posted

If you like the romance and fashion, personally i recommed princess jellyfish

Report Reply

Reply by Kostya

posted

CHAINSAWMAN!!!

Report Reply

Reply by k1t5urr170

posted

• Golden Kamuy
  • Girl Friends
  • Witch Hat Atelier (ongoing)
  • O Maidens in Your Savage Season
  • Our Dreams at Dusk

• Bloom Into You
  • Mars
  • Beck
There's probably others that i'd like to recommend, but that's all i can think of at the moment ^u^

Report Reply

Reply by Jordan :P

posted

Aku no Hana is goated.

Report Reply

Reply by XxPrettyInACask3txX

posted

Highly recommend Dinosaur Sanctuary, it's pretty new, the third volume only came out this September <33

Report Reply

Reply by NHK

posted

My broken Mariko and aku no hana are so good totally recommend  :3 

Report Reply

Reply by +CLiNiKiLL+

posted

My fav manga of all time is BLAME! by Tusomu Nihei

cyber horror action thriller with less than a thousand total words spoken. Most of it is just silent pictures and the artwork is INCREDIBLE

Report Reply

Reply by lotus

posted

i love innocent and innocent rouge! but both contain heavy themes and are intense essentially throughout so read with caution 

Report Reply

Reply by lotus

posted

i love innocent and innocent rouge! but both contain heavy themes and are intense essentially throughout so read with caution 

Report Reply

Reply by Beth

posted

You must read Monster , a masterpiece.

Report Reply

Reply by inumakisvoice

posted

all of junji ito’s books!! super cool drawings and nice plots

Report Reply

Reply by red

posted
updated

phantom tales of the night
based on your interest in xxxHolic, you might like it

Report Reply

Reply by Phospholipids

posted

If you're into unique illustrations( with a focus on form and utilising space emotively) I'd definitely recommend Houseki no Kuni aka Land of the Lustrous.

{Fun fact:  my name is kinda inspired by Phos. Except I am organic and contain phospholipids not phosphophyllite lol}

It is about a group of humanoid, genderless gems living on an island far in the future, when humanity is long gone, and the earth has additional moons. With the guidance of their mysterious sensei, they ward off attacks from bodhisattva-like beings from the moon, who they're told collect them for jewellery.

Phosphophyllite, the main character, is too weak to fight and not particularly good at anything. They want nothing more to be strong, and are willing to put themself in danger for it..

Its also got probably the only anime for which the CGI is a highlight.

Report Reply

Reply by evrst

posted

The manga that I truly loved reading was Arisa by Natsumi Ando, and it was actually my first manga. It's like a young adult mystery suspense genre. But I was and still am absolutely obsessed with the series. It's about 12 books long but it was worth it. (^▽^)👍

Report Reply

Reply by sanriorckstr

posted

for shoujo/seinen: nana, skip and loafer, paradise kiss

shounen: chainsaw man, jujutsu kaisen, hunter x hunter

Report Reply

Reply by boshi

posted
updated

I've most recently completed Girls' Last Tour and it's about two girls in a post apocalyptic setting. They live in a massive layered city and are trying to reach the top to see if any humans have regrouped there. It's cute and bittersweet and also has a unique artstyle that I'm into!

Report Reply

Reply by xXLilithXx

posted

I know it has an anime but Tokyo revengers is just so much better in manga form \(x○x)/

Report Reply

Reply by h3avenlyk1ttie

posted

waiting for spring is a really cute shojo I personally enjoyed, if you want a good cry I recommend paradise kiss, or some more action i really love tokyo ghoul the art is great, kakageuri is good too

Report Reply

Reply by Nyreen

posted

If you like horror I can recommend Junji Ito mangas.

Report Reply

Reply by lanciasedie

posted

a sign of affection!! It's a really cute romance manga

Report Reply

Reply by uxington

posted

definitely bungo stray dogs. read bungo stray dogs. please please please please

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Ashton☆

posted

Bungo Stray Dogs, it's really good the characters are beautifully written the plot is complex, interesting and captivating. Stunning art style all around amazing. 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝑜𝓀𝒶 𝑜𝒸𝒸𝓊𝓁𝓉 <3

posted

Litchi Hikari Club is great if you love Death Note ^__^ the protags r very similar

Report Reply

Reply by fyesory

posted

wild police story ! it might be harder to understand if you dont read detective conan tho

Report Reply

Reply by goobie snoobert

posted

you guys need to get on dorohedoro!! it has such a great story and a good cast of characters. it might not be for everyone but so far, everyone ive met who’s read it fell in love with it. 

definitely give it a chance if you’re into jjba, yakuza or golden kamuy. i see so many intersections between these fanbases 

Report Reply

Reply by MACHOOO

posted

tokyo revengers 

Report Reply

Reply by XUHCK

posted

PAINTER OF THE NIGHT (SO MUCH HIGHSCHOOL LOVE, HONESTY, AND RESPECT)

Report Reply

Reply by jirtini

posted

• 20th Century Boys: tells the story of Kenji Endo and his friends, who notice a cult-leader known only as "Friend" is out to destroy the world, and it has something to do with their childhood memories.
  • Monster: revolves around Kenzo Tenma, a Japanese surgeon living in Düsseldorf, Germany whose life enters turmoil after getting himself involved with Johan Liebert, one of his former patients, who is revealed to be a dangerous serial killer.
  • Oyasumi PunPun: A coming-of-age it follows the life of a child named Onodera PunPun, from his elementary school years to his early 20s, as he copes with his dysfunctional family, love life, friends, life goals and hyperactive mind, while occasionally focusing on the lives and struggles of his schoolmates and family. Punpun and the members of his family are normal humans, but are depicted  to the reader in the form of crudely drawn birds. 

Report Reply

Reply by KokNBols

posted

Only reading Chainsaw man Pt2 and Helck

Report Reply

Reply by Bottle O' Glue

posted
updated

FullMetal Alchemist, if you haven't read it or are planning to watch Brotherhood (please read the manga first or at least read the first few volumes)

If you've already read FMA, and are a fan of Zelda, then read the Zelda manga, the art is beautiful and the adaptations are wonderful!

Report Reply

Reply by Tsukiyama Loverr <3

posted

I’ve really enjoyed Land Of The Lustrous lately. Also some big ones like Chainsaw Man, Goodnight Punpun, anything by Junji Ito, and of course, Tokyo Ghoul!

Report Reply

Reply by Aiichuuxx

posted

the top ones i'm reading rn are

usotsuki

kedamonotachi no jikan

usotsuki satsuki shi ga mieru

the top is a romantic story

but last 2 r "horror"

the 2nd needs a trigger warning; r*pe, kidnapping, m*rder, i*cest, things of tht nature.

i personally connect with that 1, but I also understand if it makes some1 else shut down so read @ ur own discretion 

Report Reply

Reply by jaedawg

posted

for some psychological fuck up shit, id go with blood on the tracks by shuzo oshimi. be warned though its pretty unsettling at times. just for a normal personal favorite and more popular manga of mine id suggest reading the promised neverland by kaiu shirai and posuka demizu. the animes really good too and id also recommend that if youve never seen it (theres only 12 episodes because the second season, we just pretend it never happened).

Report Reply

Reply by lev

posted

cetnaur no nayami is a good one if you're into the regular lives of monster girls and how realistically different monster species would coexist. alice in borderland is a good manga and very suspenseful. golden kamuy is a somewhat comedic but also very suspenseful and good historical manga. dorohedoro is a good and atmospheric horror manga. innocent and innocent rouge are also very good historical manga, which beautiful art and a tragic plot, but there is a lot of graphic gore scenes, so i'd warn you about that. 

Report Reply

Reply by burr!to

posted

dorohedoro!!!!!!!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by foxfire_halo

posted

just finishing dededededededede, its put me in a strange mood but i dont regret reading it. very urasawa. possibly a top 10 manga for me (and ive read too much)

Report Reply

Reply by Becca

posted

One of my favorite manga of all time is Uzumaki by Junji Ito. He also has many other great stories but this one is my favorite :)

Report Reply

Reply by Mia A.

posted

I recommend Kimetsu no Yaiba! The characters and story intrigue me, so hopefully people will agree as well!

Report Reply

Reply by Dumpster_m0th444

posted

i recommend

Boys run the Riot by Keito Gaku if you want to read about a transman in japan although it does talk about other identities like non-binary 
My love Mix-up by Wataru Hinekure its a cute lil BL idk if its get problematic later but so far its super sweet
How Do We Relationship by Tamifull its a super cute GL it does talk about some triggering things like assault i believe just fyi 
Wotakoi by Fujita its a really sweet series about ppl in their late twenties which is refreshing the only thing i dont like a bout it is that one of the main characters is a fujoshi
Chainsaw Man by Tatsuki Fujimoto its really good i started reading it a bit ago and i love it 

Report Reply

Reply by Logi

posted

i'm currently reading vanitas no carte, and trying to catch up on kuroshitsuji.

Report Reply

Reply by suavesmjt

posted

Witch Hat Atelier

Report Reply

Reply by shirin

posted
updated

crimson spell is really good:)

Report Reply