Topic: Where do we go when we die?

Sort Replies:

Reply by Wheel Man

posted

I would imagine most people enter into a purgatorial state or place and then go to Heaven. When I picture hell I do not picture that as a place most people would go, but that isn't my call to make. Just my two cents.

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

Its according to the mind and how you live your life 

Report Reply

Reply by Suburban Guy

posted

Reply by Austin_KornClown7

posted

Nothing happens to our knowledge and there is no evidence to show other wise, our brains turn off and we return to world and the greater universe.

Dust to dust, ash to ash, star dust we are. It's beautiful to recognize that we are no different than any other living thing and that we leave and decay away same as everything else. 

This scene from midnight mass really sums it up:

Report Reply

Reply by Jigsaw [Chimaralord]

posted

I think that since our conscience is binded with our brain, we stop thinking once the brain is declared dead. There isn't a "soul" per say but just energy so whatever energy that is in your body just gets transmitted to whatever source can use that energy (decomposers or fire if cremated). I don't understand what we would see because we cant see "black" since nothing is being transmitted to the brain. 

this is just my brain so whatever I say here are my hypotheses on the topic of death
if this were a perfect world everyone would go to there own personal afterlife based on what they believe in :}

Report Reply

Reply by not_lain

posted

from where im from, im automatically a catholic at birth tho i never really practiced it religiously
i considered myself to be agnostic for the longest time and didnt care about that much
i always thought were just gonna die and thats it, nothing more nothing less

in recent years tho i found some fascinating spiritual ideas that are really cool to learn about
heaven/hell concept is widely known/accepted so,
i thought of searching up different beliefs and read about their varied concepts of life/death

while i dont believe in them deeply, its still fascinating to think about
thinking how us humans think of ways to comprehend life/death is a curious thing
cuz in the end who knows

Report Reply

Reply by dumb_rivethead

posted
updated

i've had this thought for years and it's always nagging at me. I've ditched my faith cause I was abused by my church and started questioning ever since i was young. For me, and im gonna already give out a warning, if you guys don't want to read this i strongly advise not to. I don't want anyone's anxiety to start peaking because of what i wrote.

Here's my two thoughts..

Anyways, i believe that it's just nothingness. When we die, there's nothing we can worry about. No thought of death will make us panic, just emptiness. We're at peace.

My other idea:
we're reincarnated, probably somewhere else in this universe. I mean, it's probably possible? how is it that us humans were considered accidental in the evolution process in this earth? Is there a reason why we live our life like this. To work so hard to achieve everything and finding yourself just to die seems all too bizarre for me. To be so complex regarding all the work that's been put into from this world, there's gotta be some place where we have to end up.

If anyone wants to talk about this or this feeling, you're gladly free to do so. I want to help ease any anxiety from existentialism

Report Reply

Reply by wheatleywulffgang

posted

straight to hell

Report Reply

Reply by regal

posted

I am personally atheistic, although there are so many possibilities that it’s incredibly unfair for me to by any means shut down the inquiries and wonders of others on the concept of an afterlife.

If anything it’s a concept that in itself has puzzled me for years.
Ever since I was quite young, around 7-8 perhaps [although, I’ll admit, I’m not incredibly old even now, around 14 as of writing this…take my stuff with a grain of salt, I have yet to experience a lot of the world first hand] the idea of death and the simplicity of non-existence plagued me. There were often nights that, as childish as I was, and even still am in many ways; were plagued with the terror at simple non-existance, or wild theories of simulation. It took me a while, and still haunts me, that there is the technical possibility that nothing we do *exists*, and yet, what has helped me grow from this idea is that there is no typical way to define “existence” in the first place. If we live in a computer, than that computer is just as real as anything is to me, so why care? Back to the point. I was raised Christian, but not enforced on these beliefs by any means. We went to church infrequently and I’ll be honest it was never something I took much interest in. My mom often recounts stories of me at around 5 after Sunday school inquiring her that “apparently snakes used to be able to talk”, which was apparently a point of confusion for me, in which she explained that many biblical stories were meant to be nothing more than representations of morals and ideas, basically, allegories. I truly love and appreciate my parents for the freedom of ideals and self that they have given me, a blessing many are not so lucky to have. Funnily enough, as much as I had questioned my own faith through the form of frequent existential panic when in only the early years of grade school, I could almost exactly pinpoint the day that “shattered” my faith alltogether. I say that in the most lighthearted of ways because this is a story that I think of fondly and laugh at now. I was likely in around 5th grade or so, 9 or 10, no older, when it dawned on me, even as a quite logical child that perhaps Santa clause was in fact fake. I know, crazy stuff [avert your eyes kids]. And as pathetic as it may seem for an assumption so great to come from a moment like this, it inquired me more to wonder-
If the idea that my parents have implanted in me of one strange, magical, skyfaring, bearded man who bestows blessings upon the good is fake, what differs the other one as a truth? This certainly is a very minimal observation and by no means to I mean to persuade your own personal view, these are the wise thoughts of 10 year old me, nothing more. 
I now see myself as atheistic, but with a fond appreciation for learning of other religions and religious sects, out of curiosity for possibility, and for what remains of truth to me now: the people and cultures that exist today, now, and while we all still breathe. For as many possibilities that exist, I believe almost a positive nihilism, and while that certainly is a sugar coating of my true behaviors, I think it’s something I strive for.

Report Reply

Reply by Shani ♡︎

posted

I think the belief that you get reborn at any time with the same soul as anything alive (like a human or maybe a dog, cat or any other animal) is a pretty way of thinking whats after death.

You just simple get reborn with the same soul, without knowing you are and without a sense of time. You can be reborn into the future, or past. You dont notice the time in between, at some point you just gain awareness of yourself and that you are alive. 

So your soul lives forever you body does not. 

Report Reply

Reply by Jahi

posted

I believe reincarnation, the heaven/hell didn't make sense to me as a little kid and even now it makes no sense.

Report Reply

Reply by Oddities

posted

I feel like nothing happens and theres no afterlife.

Report Reply

Reply by crazyboi

posted

First off, I am a Christian. However, I do not know if I fully believe certain parts of the bible because some things are contradictory. I started reading a book called "The Very First Bible, 144 AD". It contains only a small number of books, however, near the end it states that the contents of the old testament should not be looked at since they were not the teachings of Jesus. I took that and ran with it. In my view, you don't have to believe everything in the bible because when it was put together, things were included that shouldn't have been. (If you want a copy, just message me and I can share mine). I believe there is a heaven and that when we die, if we accept the sacrifice Jesus made, we will live forever.

Report Reply

Reply by Five

posted

I think we will go into a vague world bordering on emptiness. Perhaps this is where we go to be reborn as something else? As we all try our best to further our souls, eventually achieving our souls maximum potential.

It would be easier if it was just nothingness... 

Report Reply

Reply by Abbster

posted

i can’t lie, I fucking hope I don’t go anywhere. like, if I’m dead I’m dead. imagine thinking your dead and being scared of it your whole life and then some magic shit is like “HA sike” the absolute betrayal man. however, if I can choose I’d probably like to just free roam the earth and try to push people into bushes

Report Reply

Reply by Timmy

posted

I would like to kindly disagree with abbster :D im simply terrified of the thought of there being nothing out there so i would like to think i can just shit about in a later life and get chicks. 

However, i defo would love to push people in bushes too ngl.

Report Reply

Reply by Yasmin<3

posted

I personally believe we stay on earth when we die. Maybe our souls will inhabit new bodies and live a new life. We all know the feeling of deja-vu right? What if we did that exact thing or heard those exact words in another life and our subconsious remembered? I know it's a wild theory but I like crazy.

Report Reply

Reply by ANASTASIA!! ^_^

posted

whatever it is i hope it has sonic. maybe a GIANT vending machine 

Report Reply

Reply by 🌈🦕💖~Grace​~💖🦕🌈

posted

We either go to Heaven, Hell, or Purgatory.

You go to Heaven based on if you believe in God and believe tht Jesus died for your sins and if you truly act like a Christian. No matter how much you struggle with sin, as long as you keep getting up and strive to be better and truly want to stop sinning, you can go to Heaven. As long as you truly love God and want to be w/Him, you can go to Heaven. 
Hell is where you go when you don't care abt God and when you love other things above Him. It's a place of eternal torture and sadness.
Purgatory is where you get cleansed of sins tht u meant to confess before you go to heaven. 
There being nothing after we die is a sad, sad thing bc what about the people who lived a low-quality of life? Shouldn't they go to heaven and have an amazing enteral life? What about the people who were hurt by other people and never not justice? Shouldn't the people who hurt them go to Hell? You have loved ones, right? If there was nothing after death, everyone just dies and we see each other again. 

Report Reply

Reply by ❝𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚞❞

posted

i believe that you go to whatever afterlife you think is real, for me who doesn't believe in one when i die it's just the end. no afterlife, no nothing. if u believe in heaven n hell u go to one of those for example-

Report Reply

Reply by alicia

posted

I love reading other peoples views on this topic so much because its so interesting!! personally I believe that death isn't the end its the start and that this material world we live in isn't actually real, its a bit hard to explain tbh but my rs teacher brang it up in a lesson last year and i've never been able to let go of the thought <33

Report Reply

Reply by Aniela

posted

i think that we dont go anywhere, we just die. Emptiness.

Report Reply

Reply by Ludvig

posted

I like to believe that the moment before we die becomes a prolonged continuum. I'm referring to the moment that has been described as replaying all of your past memories before your eyes. After that I think we slowly decent into eternal sleep. 

There is a very interesting video by Kurzgesagt called "The egg" that discusses the topic of rebirth from a new perspective. A theory I've come to think of more and more. That we are one, living every life to gain experience so we at one point can ascend to become something else. Brings me comfort in these uncertain times. Some escapism making me feel better.

Report Reply

Reply by maria

posted

i grew up Christian but as ive got older im not too sure anymore. if you’d ask me a few years ago i would’ve said heaven with angels blowing trumpets everything gold and white but now i hope that we all get our own version of heaven. i just hope there isn’t an emptiness and darkness i hope there’s something exciting after death,

Report Reply

Reply by jillian♡

posted

My belief on this is closest to the Buddhist belief of death and rebirth and Nirvana, I think. I think that if you live a good life, and you don't hold any emotional baggage, then you die, and your soul loses consciousness. I think that if you hold emotional bagge, or did not live a "good" life as a result of your actions, you die, but your soul stays on earth. For example, people claim to see Marilyn Monroe's ghost around her old homes, and my guess as to why is due to the emotional baggage she carried on earth. The ghost's of troubled celebs (Michael Jackson, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis) are the ones seen most often. Their emotions tie them to the physical world due to the weight on their souls.

Report Reply

Reply by Crow

posted

we came from the stars, everything is made of stardust theres no new material. so we go back to the stars when we die until we’re ready to take another shot at life :D

Report Reply

Reply by James

posted

As an atheist myself I think that if an afterlife exists that everybody goes there no matter what faith you belong to if you belong to one at all. It makes no sense why we should have 100s when one would do the same job just as well and be less of a pain to think about.

However, I like to think that we all get our own space suited to who you are as a person. So if you like reading your house would be filled with the sort of books you like best. If you like being outdoors your afterlife will have rivers and lakes and hills to walk through and enjoy. 

Based on how you lived your life your afterlife would be better or worse. But I don't buy into the idea that Hell exists. The very idea that a loving god exists and allows such a place is just nonsense. So my answer is we go nowhere. Once we die we stop existing in any real way. Our bodies go into the ground and that is the end of it. 

I wouldn't mind an afterlife of course but if this is all we have then I'll take it. I don't need a second life. I'll enjoy the one I have. 

Report Reply

Reply by viOLeT

posted

I feel like we get reborn. You can either be reborn into another human or an animal. The cycle just continues forever and ever. 

Report Reply

Reply by peachrunm

posted

well id liketo believe we just get reborn as like another person but like with all of our memories wiped which is rly confusing to think about but basically how i rationalize it is that like wheb we die everythig that was us like our personality, memories, feelings, is erased and then we qare reborn without ever having any knowledge of having existed in the first place

but following that logic, it would mean that there is a fixed number of souls that are just recyclling again and again
so there could either be like some method of creating the souls OR it would be like the law of conservation of energy- that souls would never actually be created or destroyed, they just changed forms- with that said, my guess is that souls can change between species maybe? but ig if that were the case the amount of humans would be waxing and waning rather than just getting bigger 
ill think abt how that could be
but for now that is my theory

Report Reply

Reply by x.{finn}.x

posted
updated

im not sure if im just schizophrenic or the afterlife is real. carbon monoxide poisoning xD! ive had my fair share of experiences that i cannot explain but its most likely something explainable. ghosts, astral projection etc... but theres no way to test if its just some mental condition we dont know about. maybe our brains find disappearing depressing and make up situations to make ourselfs feel better. just because theres nothing that can disprove the afterlife doesnt mean its automatically real. if i told you that theres a magical chicken that sits on you at night but disappears every time you wake up, would you believe me? how am i supposed to prove that? lmao. theres nothing you can really do if there is no afterlife. maybe hoping there is makes you feel good at the end of the day but hoping doesn't make it anymore true. me disappearing forever kind of makes me wanna live way better than if i thought there was some beautiful afterlife to wait for. 

Report Reply

Reply by X0X0.LYA

posted

i believe when we die our souls defeire from our bodys and transfer into the next living soul so we can have everlasting life.

Report Reply

Reply by william !!

posted

i think our consciousness ends. its hard to think about, impossible even. it's like when we're asleep, we don't take in any information whether that be audible, physical, anything. it's just nothingness. it's quite calming if you accept it, it may be scary, but it's the most logical solution. plus, who would wanna exist for eternity even if its their dream world !!!

Report Reply

Reply by kelpyg

posted

I've struggled with this concept for a long time, as most people do, and have yet to come to an absolute conclusion about anything. However one idea I like to entertain is a form of reincarnation. Not being born a new person, but gaining consciousness once again. When you think about your first memory, maybe you were 3, 4, 5, 6 years old right. One day you just gained consciousness and realized you were alive. I think that is what happens when we die, we wake up again and complete the cycle. To reinforce this idea, something has to give new people that are born a personality, a consciousness, feelings, opinions, and there isn't a tangible way to influence that. Instead I think it is passed down, in some form, into the next person. As I said before, I'm not totally invested in this belief, but I am fascinated by how we are given consciousness and what makes new personalities into new people. It's just something to think about I suppose. 

Report Reply

Reply by Qoheleth

posted
updated

I'm skeptical of most of the narratives of what happens after death, or at least committing to one definitely. But mostly I think it shouldn't matter. We will or will not find out, but what matters can only be living now. There may or may not be an afterlife but the best thing to do would not be to cling or pine after it. I will mostly address the afterlife question in relation to the Western Christian tradition since I am more familiar with it, but my thoughts are not solely limited to it here. I also cover near death experiences and what they can and cannot tell us.

The truth of the matter to me is, we wouldn't want heaven. Not in any sense of the way that our minds, wants, and needs work. Part of life that creates our desires are our struggles and senses of anxieties and the dangers. As much as we think we want those to go away...consider getting to the top of a mountain... if we could just magic our way up there then we would not enjoy it the same. We wouldn't have the hike. Despite the horrible injuries of sports like American football, without the heavy contact and risk of injury for some sports or mostly the work to get there, the enjoyment diminishes. If your team never lost or was never near losing, the enjoyment diminishes. This might cast into question the idea or function of an afterlife free of all struggle and strife.

Part of the religious person's enjoyment is in not ever actually getting to God and not ever totally measuring up. To feel the positive fluffy feelings sometimes but also the push to read more scriptures, struggle to be free of sin, and the clinging after God in worship. Some people literally imagine heaven to be a giant worship session. Maybe that is part of the enjoyment of a religious life. But to have worship in this clinging after way there needs to be maintained a separation between us and God, even in heaven. The enjoyment of faith functions for people on earth with this separation, so it's not a surprise they imagine this same form of enjoyment in heaven. (Compare to the imagination of C. Austin Miles in the hymnal "In the Garden" in which God is more of a friend you walk with and talk to in the afterlife). Many people's faith life tends to function through never actually getting the desired thing but in maintaining the separation, in orbiting around it in a series of failures. Fail and repent. fail and repent....

Consider how we got here, in the world. In some stories there was a fall. Maybe the fall of humanity / garden of Eden. First from a paradise/Eden then back to a paradise/heaven. A lot goes unexplained or taken for granted there. If there was one fall why wouldn't there be another? People assume heaven is like a static unchanging stasis. What would keep it that way? The rule of God? We already know that can be broken logically from the first fall. And we need changes, disruptions, and movement.

If we were to give up on heaven, then what are we to do? What we can do is support the things about heaven that we usually relegate to after death. In this world we say, "there will always be poverty and war.. but that's what heaven is for... to get away from all of that". However, instead of resigning away possible futures here on earth, and hoping for their fulfilment in heaven we might confront them here. We can either face the music and cope or hope and act to make this world the best place we can live in or for future generations. That's not to say we could create heaven on earth...that would also be a wrongheaded and dangerous goal in overly zealous hands...

But what we can do is quit pining and clinging and searching for a sense of stasis and wholeness and completeness we are not going to get (whether through spirituality, material acquisition etc.)

We don't usually recognize that getting the thing we think we want is really a disaster and that sense of wholeness we are after is a not thing.

NDE section (and Hell/Karma):

The largest evidence of sorts for an afterlife are NDEs but not even NDE's tell a totally consistent story about the afterlife despite many commonalities between the experiences. Even verifiable NDE's are not a super reliable source for one narrative on what the afterlife is like do to the contradictions in NDE testimonies (perhaps the contradictions could be factored in as part and parcel of it) and do to fallible people's testimony of what they think they perceived.

NDE's while sometimes pretty convincing are far from definite proof of an afterlife or what it would be like (Even if it is not simply result of the brain tripping on release of certain chemicals, I remember reading a Discover Magazine article in which a scientific researcher seemed to claim that the space dimension people enter when they see these NDE's is short lived. In other words, you aren't in a forever afterlife. And even that was speculation according to their theory/ best knowledge.)

The complex thing about NDE's is what I hear about the brain basically shutting down yet these experiences being so vivid, or realer than real to people who have them. How are they experiencing all these sensations in the NDE when their brain is basically shut down? It's mind boggling and is the doubt I have that perhaps it is not a purely physical event but somehow supernatural in character. However, you might make sense out of the inconsistency in NDE testimonies by saying they are basically the brain tripping out / dreaming and what transpires happens out of the subconscious and unconscious mind. This could explain why people's NDE's usually more often than not, align with something they have going on prior. 

I also like the unconscious or subconscious explanation more than saying people literally go to the afterlife of the deity they follow. There are problems I see with the latter. Such as that even though people on the surface level follow the same deity or religion, on another level they do not. They may be following a radically different version depending on the sect, values etc.

gods are also not just the gods they are on paper sometimes but changing or developed over time from other gods or systems of gods. You cannot actually pinpoint them down. YHWY for example was in a system of Canaanite deities. Unless someone literally believes YHWY went rogue, and the culture followed... rather than us constructing our culture, than we should expect that afterlife to reflect the multiplicity of henotheism / polytheism. Most typical Christian NDE's do not since Christians tend to be monotheists today. This can be explained by us no longer living in that ancient world and so there being a resulting change in our unconscious and subconscious world.

You have on the one hand those who became Christian Evangelicals, feeling called in their NDE experience, like Mickey Robinson. Mickey was on the end of a plane crash he almost didn't survive. On the other hand, most NDE experiences don't lead people into changing their faith or being called to evangelize. Some people see reincarnation, some do not. Various deities might be perceived to have been seen or often beings of white light. The deity who is seen does not always correspond one to one to the person's religion. The most we can say is people don't tend to experience positive or negative NDE's solely on the basis of which religion, faith, or lack there-of. In fact, the majority of NDE's are positive experiences rather than hellish ones.

Hell was mostly invented in my estimation, because we needed a place to believe there is justice in the end. But it became part of a sectarian religious narrative that blocks people out of heaven based on personal religion rather than of character. Hell has become more than hell... or it's become more than correction of injustices on earth but has taken on the character of an injustice.

The first purpose of a teaching like hell was that all things are made right and there is an order. Other teachings like Karma show a desire for the same thing. And I understand that feeling of need to invent this sense of order. Like Hell, Karma also has its major problems. It's not a great alternative teaching to hell in its reinforcement of hierarchical orders. In this world people don't get what they deserve, and they sometimes receive much more.

On a related note, even when my perspective was more of a Gnostic, I was lightly skeptical of reincarnation. And Scott Smith covers the weaknesses in reincarnation arguments in his book supporting a Gnostic perspective called, "God Reconsidered: Searching for Truth in the Battle Between Atheism and Religion"

Report Reply

Reply by Qoheleth

posted

Reply by fatima ✮☽

posted

*my belief, i am not saying this is fact*

i believe that while our lives are valuable, they are merely a small fading light in the sky compared to the burning embers of the great sun we revolve around. even the universe will end one day. because of this, after we die, then our spirits will still live on, wandering through the universe. some will get lost. some will stay. but do not have fear. we are important. we are equal. we all matter.

Report Reply

Reply by Actual Acorn

posted

i wanna be ceremonially cremated in a field at sunset

Report Reply

Reply by scenemo.mess666

posted

i think maybe we go into the astral/soul plan/ spirit world and we have an option to reincarnate,  OR i think everyone goes into what they believe in or the spirit world, idk about hell existing though.

Report Reply

Reply by Jade Harley

posted

I don't think we go anywhere. I think we stop existing and it isn't really something I nor anyone can grasp. But it also doesn't worry me because when we stop existing theres nothing to feel. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ayhan

posted

I like to think our spirits leave our bodies and wander the earth. Or maybe they form some sort of collective consciousness or stream of energy so that we're all one in the afterlife :))

Report Reply

Reply by Maqsud101

posted

My opinion is not a bit religious but personal. In my opinion, we will be reborn after we die, but due to the inability of our human form to experience it, not in heaven or hell or in the current world, we will be included in a life that we cannot imagine with our current conditions, but when we see it, we will feel a feeling like a foreignness to the world when a baby is born, maybe all the concepts we know there will be different. But if there is one thing I know, if we are going to be mortal there, this thing will continue again, like an endless spiral between life and death.

Report Reply

Reply by prettycat

posted

I consider myself to be a somewhat religious/spiritual person myself and even I do not know for sure...

I guess I'll just have to find out when I die. But seeing that I haven't seen a single dead person complain about being dead, I don't think it'll be too bad.

I've researched a lot of Near-death experiences and astral projection experiences and have seen a lot of different things.

Some people say they see Heaven, others Hell, others reincarnation and past/future lives, others realms, and even seeing their relatives. Some even just see nothing. For the most part, the people who told these stories didn't seem to complain, and some even enjoyed it and wanted to go back (except for the people who went to hell, guess why...).

For the most part, even though I use to be scared of death, and somewhat still am, death doesn't seem as frightening as I thought it was. It almost seems like a new chapter. Whether that chapter is forever (heaven/hell/not existing at all) or temporary (reincarnation/purgatory/etc), I'm not sure. But what I do know is that as long as it's not hell, it won't be too bad.

Long story short, I'm not sure. Just hope it's not hell.

Report Reply

Reply by Deth

posted

Nowhere 
I have mixed beliefs actually,
One would be an eternal existence, not exactly immortality, but after dying we are still here, unable to do anything of course, no thought, no physical existence, you are here but nowhere
I have this perspective because of the concept of 'nothing is everything', or, everything is eternal, there is never an end and there never was a start

I also believe that when we die, we just die, you don't go anywhere. 

Report Reply

Reply by Lemmingsishard

posted

I am Roman Catholic, but I don't adhere to the doctrine well, so I believe in reincarnation and so do many of my friends. 

Report Reply

Reply by Hannah

posted

I'm not sure, although I'm pretty convinced there's Something.  Even when I fell away from religion entirely, I still believed in ghosts lol.  Too many people I know -- intelligent, skeptical people, some of them atheists -- have had unexplainable experiences and came to believe in ghosts.  So I at least believe in some kind of an afterlife.

As I came back to religion, I converted formally to Judaism (which has no strong assertions in an afterlife), and then later I felt drawn towards Christianity again (namely somewhere between Episcopalianism and Catholicism).  I now generally believe there's a heaven.  I think anyone who lived a good, kind, generous life will be there, and I believe everyone gets a chance at heaven after death anyway.  I know not everyone agrees with me, and that's fine, but that is what
I've come to believe.  I think God puts greater importance on having
lived a kind, generous, selfless life than following one strict path.  Are we not all God's children?  That's the way I look at it.

Report Reply

Reply by Thedemonroxxi

posted

I believe that each religion or deep belief has a universe of its own, developed by the people who believe in it. When we die, we automatically get assigned to that universe. I believe that if you believe in heaven or hell, you will go to one of them. If you believe in somewhere else, or another world you think you'd go to, you will go there. If you don't have a specific belief about the afterlife as a place, the soul keepers would probably reincarnate you or if you desire, let you roam as a ghost. 

And if you ask them, they can also just take you to nothingness where you sleep forever, free of burden.

I believe that they all can co-exist because of the many multiverses.

Report Reply

Reply by sainnt

posted

we'll never know

Report Reply

Reply by jillian

posted

i think it's dependent on how u spend ur time on earth. i believe the way to salvation is through JESUS CHRIST and Him alone, but i also believe good works and not living in sin goes along with it. I believe all true Christians, who have not an ounce of hate or malice in their hearts, have a right to the kingdom of heaven, along with the Jews, GOD'S chosen people. as said before by so many, hell was never made for man, and man only really goes if they repetedly deny CHRIST and commit the unforgivable sin of blasphemy, or mocking the HOLY SPIRIT.

Report Reply

Reply by Abashiri

posted

For an atheist, that answer is terrifying.

What's it like not to exist, not to have any sentience? 

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

i believe we start off in a new life in a different era

so like if i died in the 2080s id believe u would be reborn as someone growing up in the 1990s or the 2100s

Report Reply