Topic: Goth bands-

Sort Replies:

Reply by anthony

posted

christian death!

Report Reply

Reply by thanatos

posted

my favorites are bauhaus, the cure, sisters of mercy, siouxsie, lebanon hanover, 45 grave, molchat doma (more darkwave but falls under a lot of heavy goth vocals)

Report Reply

Reply by Liz𓆩♱𓆪

posted

MALICE MIZER MALICE MIZER

Report Reply

Reply by aylamustdie

posted

I’m not too big into goth music, but I like Souxie and the Banshees (I think I spelled that wrong)

Idk how goth that is but my friend who introduced them to me said they were so

Report Reply

Reply by REGAN

posted

a really underrated band that i've been into lately is batboner

Report Reply

Reply by Poluarefonica

posted

She wants revenge is pretty good

Report Reply

Reply by ☥ spiritsandsin ☥

posted

Sisters Of Mercy,

The Cure, 

Strawberry Switchblade, 

Sins of the Sirens,

BUCK-TICK,

Corpus Delicti,

Riki,

Scary B*tches,

Mephisto Waltz, 

Dead Can Dance, 

The Cramps

<3 

Report Reply

Reply by Creature

posted

Moi dix mois and NIGHTMARE are what I'd reccommend. Mana sama from Malice Mizer is part of mio dix mios and NIGHTMARE made the first ending song of Death Note

Report Reply

Reply by Star Jelly

posted

Here's a relatively short-lived Japanese post-punk/goth project called Ill Bone. Another user was looking for their work in the Obscure Music group, so I'll share it here, too. It's too good to be lost to time. Their only record under the Ill Bone moniker.

Report Reply

Reply by CocoaCup

posted

yousei teikoku 

Report Reply

Reply by tzimtzvm

posted

Oh my god Xmal Deutschland goes hard  

Report Reply

Reply by Murdoch

posted

Strange Boutique, The Shroud, Corpus Delicti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGrca9EK_qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cylXB3kC14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFJfyH5o_vg

All of them are such underrated 90s bands :)

Report Reply

Reply by AEROTIC

posted

I used to be a hardcore fan of The Cure growing up but I'm gonna say She Past Away, Sisters of Mercy, Inkubus Sukkubus, The 69 Eyes, London After Midinight Specimen, All About Eve, Siouxsie and the Banshees...and if I am allowed to add some gothic metal, I would say Theatre of Tragedy!

Report Reply

Reply by 🦇🖤𝒩𝒶𝒹𝒾𝒶🖤🦇

posted

I'm so grateful for this forum. I'm a baby bat and only listening to the more popular stuff; the cure, bauhaus, siouxsie and the banshees. This is really helping me find new bands to listen to.

Report Reply

Reply by szadora

posted
updated

you guys should try listen to "vultos" is a brazilian post-punk band from the 80's, actually they are my favorite band i love all the tranks from "filme da alma" their first album.

vultos spotify

Report Reply

Reply by Korey Gore

posted

Ive heard of them! i should really take a look

Report Reply

Reply by celestita

posted

Strawberry Switchblade :3 

Report Reply

Reply by Rosyquartz

posted

Vision video!! They're relatively popular now but their tickets are still like 20 dollars and the shows are so fun

Report Reply

Reply by cult𓋹

posted

Clan of Xymox is one of my favorite bands!! All About Eve is also very good, She Past Away, Strawberry Switchblade, Skinny Puppy, and Sexual Purity. These are mostly Darkwave and not gothic rock but still something you should check out!

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ Lee ☆

posted

The Cult's early music (Their album when they were starting out by the band name Death Cult, Dreamtime, and Love specifically) and their newest release titled Under The Midnight Sun also has some cool Gothic tracks

Even though they became more Hard and Alternative Rock after that, I love every album they put out and none sound exactly a like so they all take care of any specific style I'm into atm which is also why I'm a fan haha

https://open.spotify.com/artist/49DW3KvkyjHO35mK1JnSyS

Report Reply

Reply by FuneralEyes

posted

My absolute favourite is probably Specimen. I also like Alien Sex Fiend (which is kinda more deathrock ig), and Christian Death and a bunch of others, and a good pretty obscure one is The Candles Burning Blue (you won't find them on Spotify!)

Report Reply

Reply by Kerrigan

posted

not rlly unknown but i love switchblade symphony n idk if their song dirty dog specifically is goth but its my fav of theirs

Report Reply

Reply by RaySioux

posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7hxQFcNVk&list=PLEA5B495562351369&index=41

Report Reply

Reply by RottenBugzz

posted

London after midnight  is a really good one i reccommend 

Report Reply

Reply by janesane

posted

sisters of mercy, bahaus, boy harsher, boa, siouxsie and the banshees ,the cure, and joy division, lebanon hanover, the damned, and depache mode are some of my favs!

Report Reply

Reply by Krn_Lvr

posted

lately ive been listening to The Damned, Boy Harsher, Angels of Liberty, Bleib Modern, This Cold Night and Blutengel!!

Report Reply

Reply by Mattybones

posted

I've been looking for more music like the cure.. i thought this would be good place to ask. 

Report Reply

Reply by tisteatime

posted

my top 25 fav goth bands:

joy division

voodoo church

this cold night

ex voto

house of harm

lung overcoat

rosegarden funeral party

bauhaus

dead cult

sex gang children

sisters of mercy

children with dog feet

fad gadget

medusa stare

christian death

siouxsie and the banshees

molchat doma

the cure

london after midnight

red lorry yellow lorry

praise of folly

mors syphilitica 

cocteau twins

mephisto walz

fields of the nephilim

Report Reply

Reply by manofSteele

posted

I love the more industrial leaning goth bands like Skinny Puppy.  Depeche Mode isn't exactly industrial but they're sort of industrial-adjacent, and I love them too.  In addition, I love the original goth that leaned more heavily into post-punk.  Joy Division, Bauhaus, Christian Death, the earlier stuff from The Cure.  Another one of my favorites is Type O Negative.

Report Reply

Reply by seabirds

posted

rosegarden funeral party + the cure + the scary bitches!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by adammurray88

posted

i really like Type O Negative, they're gothic metal and have pretty damn good music

Report Reply

Reply by wvr

posted

Male Tears is lovely. 

Report Reply

Reply by Jas<333

posted

i know this small band not too many people know them its called bts

Report Reply

Reply by purcin

posted

i can reccomend you to listen early DVAR songs (i mean, Piirah album)

Piirah

also, Sopor Aeternus, Moon Far Away, and Scary Bitches

Report Reply

Reply by 💊❌ PARTY POISON

posted

Scarlets Remains is pretty good!

Report Reply

Reply by Nayayy

posted

I love witching hour UK! Especially their song ligea. Def worth a listen.

Report Reply

Reply by Alex the bat

posted

Im in love with Lebanon Hanover and Siouxsie  and the banshees  music!>< (I like them the most)

Report Reply

Reply by Becca

posted

She Past Away, Night Sins, Drab Majesty, La Procesión de lo Infinito, Give My Remains To Broadway, A Projection, Vandal Moon, Sweet Ermengarde, Hapax, Twin Tribes, Traitrs, French Police, Promenade Cinema, The Underground Youth, This Cold Night, The Foreign Resort, Astari Nite, Delphine Coma, Geometric Vision, Rendez Vous, The Necromancers Union, Tricor, Scary Black, Night Nail, Quarter Life, Triumvirs, Grimdeluxe, Ruin Of Romantics, Mystic Echo, Hash Symmetry, moonvampire, bootblacks and coloured tears.

Report Reply

Reply by wednesdaytoo

posted

some of my all time favs i always tend to fall back on are sex gang children, virgin prunes, specimen, sisters of mercy, and the chameleons.

lately some of my go-tos have been london after midnight (esp psycho magnet), suspiria, madeline goldstein (more synthpoppy), ayria, actors, linea aspera, switchblade symphony, riki, male tears, and the frozen autumn!

ive also been trying to listen to more blutengel, faith & the muse, die form (industrial) and buzz kull lately

🖤🖤

Report Reply

diva destruction, switchblade symphony, strange boutique, la scaltra, sanguis et cinis, faith and the muse, this ascension, two witches, the shroud, and paralysed age <3 

Report Reply

Reply by thatHomieBro

posted

The Shroud 100%

Report Reply

Reply by KOREY ♰

posted

christian death my fav EVER. i love rozz williams.

Report Reply

Reply by zachhatesyou

posted

Ex-Voto is my all time favorite and underrated asf

https://open.spotify.com/track/3QU8xUi5n7pUxzRaojTj5O?si=9716dcfe06f94e8f

Report Reply

Reply by Salem

posted

Suspiria!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIw7FRVKyAs&t=738s

Report Reply

Reply by ⛧ aspen ⛧

posted

alien sex fiend & parlysed age are so good!!

Report Reply

Reply by Jizzy Jay

posted

Chrisian Death

Report Reply

Reply by Hallucigenia

posted

she could throw me down the stairs and id let her tbh

Report Reply

Reply by AL Treble

posted

Reply by Alex :P

posted

Hi:)

Personally, my favourites are London After Midnight, Scary Bitches, and Molchat Doma:)

Report Reply