« Music Forum

Goth bands-

Posted by Bella Gray

posted

Forum: Music

If anyone wants to share their go to goth or goth adjacent bands, I’d love to hear what they are!Β 

The genre may not be huge relative to others out there, but everyone always manages to have unique favorite combos.Β 

Report Topic

118 Replies

Sort Replies:

If you don't mind Japanese stuff Malice Mizer were huge goth icons πŸ¦‡πŸ–€Β Β https://youtu.be/ia6yDtKKVMU?t=30Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Gabriel

posted

What type of goth are you looking for exactly? I'd list all my favorite bands but it'd be a useless attempt if you're looking for, say, something more like minimalist Post-Punk or Coldwave rather than the tons of Ethereal and 90s Gothic Rock bands I'm too ready to name lol.

Report Reply

She Past Away, Sisters of Mercy, Eyes of the Nightmare Jungle, The Cure, Twin Tribes, London After Midnight, and The 69 Eyes's older material is sorta my go to usually, but there's loads of stuff out there. c:

Been getting into Pink Turns blue recently.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by ANML_MTHR

posted

Huge fan of goth music! Here are some of my obscure favourites:

Silhouettes - Viet CongΒ (Favourite home town band!!!)

Report Reply

Reply by Ultradusk

posted

Well.....

For stuff that’s younger than the Pleistocene:
Mystic Priestess is pretty fun
Nox Novacula is great deathrock
I think Fragile Weapons put out an EP or something...
and there’s Witch Bottle (on long term hiatus since a couple years ago)

(and also this band. Ultradusk)

Back when pterodactyls soared:
Bauhaus, X-mal Deutschland, Dead Can Dance, Faith & Disease, Alien Sex Fiend, Specimen...... ah, the dusty bones of ancient historyπŸ–€

Report Reply

Reply by CASINSKI

posted

Lately I've been listening to Lebanon Hanover, for example...

Report Reply

Reply by LostAngel

posted

All that comes from Finland

Report Reply

Reply by Ladee Daywalker πŸ₯€

posted

I don't tend to have a favorite band but recently a newer band called Haunt Me has had me entranced.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by asua

posted

i usually listen to Inkubus Sukkubus, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, and Mystic Priestess tho im not sure if that counts lol

Report Reply

Reply by Eddy

posted

Prayers
Under the skin
Mr grey
Twin Tribes
She Past Away

Report Reply

Reply by xxdim_locatorxx

posted

the birthday party is always my go to ^~^

Report Reply

Reply by Sirakh

posted

Reply by π–†π–‘π–Šπ–

posted

I stumbled on Vendemmian the other day and it ticked all my boxes.

Report Reply

Reply by h3MOrrh4g3s

posted

unter null: cybergoth/industrial band

Report Reply

Reply by s3ss3thyvampirequeen

posted

i put some of the bands i listen in my profile, there are also metal bands tho

Report Reply

The preachers of twilight, she past away, lebanon hanover, sisters of mercy, still patient ?, fields of nephilim, the danse society, sometime soon I'll post a blog with my goth playlists, there is so many kinds of goth music lol

Report Reply

Reply by daisy

posted

skeletal family, xmal deutschland and christian death !!!!:-)

Report Reply

Reply by ayuxx

posted

I've been listening to quite a lot of Faith and the Muse in recent times.

Artesia (just found out yesterday they're working on a new album)
Aenima (I've also been listening to their album Sentient a lot lately. I've loved it since high school and still do.)
Unto Ashes
Android Lust
Switchblade Symphony
Ashbury Heights
Autumn's Grey Solace
Love Spirals Downwards
Claire Voyant
Collide

Veering more into gothic metal territoy:
Flowing Tears
Tristania
Ava Inferi (They were fronted by the former vocalist of Aenima)

Report Reply

Reply by AnnChovie

posted

Lebanon Hanover has been my most recent obsession. The song Kiss Me Until My Lips Fall Off is my current favorite song <3 <3

Report Reply

Reply by xx_d1scla1m3r_xx

posted

pretty basic answer, but Type O Negative

Report Reply

Reply by Em ♥

posted

clan of xymox is one of my absolute favorites, i can't recommend them enough!

Β 
x-mal deutschland, dead can dance, this cold night & pink turns blue are just a handful of what i've been listening to most recently. of course - and biggest apologies to peter steele himself (he hated the goth label) - type o negative is very goth-aligned while still staying in the realm of metal, if that's more your sound Θ

Report Reply

Reply by lu

posted

i recommend fear cult and scary bitchesΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Severed Blaze

posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zj4SXnecbo

Report Reply

Reply by Fruity roll up

posted

I’m a bit more mainstream within my top picks but idc they get more recognition because they are such good songs!!!Β 

Siouxsie and the banshees obvi!! Voodoo dolly, strange fruit, this wheel is on fire, Halloween, into the light, spell bound, trust in me, your lost little girl!! AHHHH AMAZING CHEFS KISS PERFECT!!!

SKELETAL FAMILY IS SO GOOD!!!! Idk if it counts as gothic rock but like ahhhhhhhh she cries alone is just so breathtaking!! Burning oil spectacular!

Darkening of the light by concrete blond is truly something too!!

The Dresden dolls again not quite gothic but I’d say goth adjacent Β 

Report Reply

Reply by gutsfordinner

posted

Xmal Deutschland, Tones On Tail, Alien Sex Fiend, Suspiria, Land of Passion, The March Violets, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Stimmen der Stille...

Report Reply

Reply by toastghost

posted

i’ve been listening to so much oingo boingo + mystic priestess lately,, i love them sm

Report Reply

Reply by em πŸ¦‡

posted

most of the bands i love have already been posted here, but some really good ones i've not seen mentioned are disjecta membra, rosetta stone, cinema strange and witching hour :)

Report Reply

Reply by 𝐯𝖆𝖓β˜₯𝖆

posted

i’m in love with diva destruction!

Report Reply

Reply by Andypandy

posted

one of my favs is bauhuas

Report Reply

Reply by Elvira

posted

I love bauhaus. Clan of Xymox has some great music and covers, Nosferatu and corpus delicti! Also Inkubus Succubus and Xmal Deutschland

Report Reply

Reply by Chungle

posted

Combichrist

Report Reply

Reply by lars/tobias

posted
updated

sisters of mercy, bauhaus, cocteau twins this mortal coil, lycia, red lorry yellow lorry, inkubus sukkubus, and the damned are my current favs

Report Reply

Reply by roselette

posted

red temple spirits & little nemo are bands that i truly LOVE but i dnt feel like they get enough attention from the scene !Β 

https://youtu.be/NOCaXyiya10

Report Reply

Reply by Gray

posted

Lebanon Hanover, Rosegarden Funeral Party, Coor Brow-Obles, and Scary Black are all pretty good!

Report Reply

Reply by marco

posted

rosegarden funeral party, bauhaus, zombie zex, sisters of mercy

Report Reply

Reply by teeth

posted
updated

i’ve been listening to lots of the birthday party lately! believe it or not it took me years to get into this band. i tried so many times to get into them & finally did recently!Β 

i also love rosetta stone, tones on tail & love and rockets (i love daniel ash), alien sex fiend, corpus delicti, skeletal family, london after midnight, specimen, and the danse society just 2 name a fewΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Sydney

posted

Switchblade Symphony, Paradise Lost, 69 Eyes, Sisters Of Mercy, Faith And The Muse, The Cruxshadows, The Cult, London After Midnight, Lycia, Clan Of Xymox, Type O Negative, Hard Corps, This Ascension, The Frozen Autumn, Diva Destruction, Belfegore, Long NightΒ 

Just to name some, some are well known and some; not so much. I really recommend Paradise Lost Draconian Times Album and This Ascension Sever Album.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Lesss

posted

Ligea, stranger and lovers, leonora post punk, conjunto vacio

Report Reply

Reply by Lyra

posted

one of my favorite goth groups is current 93!!! they make neofolk which is basically gothic folk. love their music,,, i've also really gotten into neoclassical darkwave like dead can dance and lingua ignota :D

Report Reply

Reply by adam

posted

heres a list of a few i really enjoy, though most are relatively mainstream.

- red lorry, yellow lorry. they're so good, i definitely recommend.

- the cramps. more rock 'n' roll than they are goth, but they're really fun

- bauhaus. one of, if not, the most popular goth band but can't help but mention them.

- christian death. very cool band with lots of nice songs.

- the cure. once again, very popular, but can't help but mention.

- depeche mode. more new wave or synth-pop than they are goth, but their albums later into the eighties (music for the masses and violator) can be considered goth-adjacent.

Report Reply

Reply by veil

posted

how about xmal deutschland? ^.^

Report Reply

my current fav nu goth band is rosegarden funeral party!!

just getting into goth music and style and love it sm!!

:))))

Report Reply

Reply by jade β˜†

posted

hmm,, voodoo church is always quite solid… but she wants revenge is always a great darkwave duo :]

Report Reply

Reply by Joe zee

posted

omg ik this really underground band called "the cure"

Report Reply

Reply by 𝔖𝔬𝔣𝔰

posted

I've been loving Virgin Prunes, Lycia, and Mors Syphilitica/ also their earlier stuff when they were formerly named Requiem in White :). Excited to explore more bands!

Report Reply

Reply by Godless

posted

Reply by dazenuts

posted

twin temple, sad lovers and giants, and scarlet's remains are some i dont see recommended much!

Report Reply

Reply by trash.ʍ0Ɛ

posted

check Horror Vacui and She Wants Revenge out, they're pretty cool

Report Reply

Reply by Ama

posted

Pink Turns Blue is one of my current favs within the genre, they're a part of my current obsession.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Ama

posted

Pink Turns Blue is one of my current favs within the genre, they're a part of my current obsession.Β 

Report Reply