Topic: emo styles are obsolete ?

Sort Replies:

Reply by andrew covell

posted

check the title of the group it's been out honestly it's never really been in it had a high point in the early 2000's for sure but the point was and still is alt theres other alt styles that contend with emo but in that regards emo is still the most popular

Report Reply

Reply by GL1TT3RC0RPS3

posted

Let's be honest.

When I think about emo stuffs, the first thing I can say is the word NOSTALGIA.
Emo/scene style is old, and I think that the new generation is killing it even more with the new fake emo style e-girl.
There's people who call themselves emo only cause they dress black and have a chain around their neck. All we can do is ignore them and remember OUR TRUE OLD TIMES! (✯ᴗ✯)

Report Reply

Reply by jinx <3 is back from the dead!!

posted

i feel like the style rising in popularity (or more the subculture is growing) again, but at the same time there's also a sort of emo not emo style that is e-fashion (i guess? it's not quite emo style but people call it that, sort of like grunge that's not grunge). maybe it's just finding pockets of the internet where that & adjacent style is more popular over time, not an increase, but i've found more emo/scene/etc people over the years than i've expected. def don't think it's becoming obsolete though, just more distinct.

Report Reply

Reply by starry sky :)

posted

I def agree,, there’s a significant decline in traditional “scene” and “emo” styles but with the rise of tiktok trends it seems ‘egirls’ are becoming the new scene... just the evolution I guess, but I wouldn’t necessarily call tiktok egirls scene- feel like that’s a new sub genre altogether.

Report Reply

Reply by xXtrinity.toxicityXx

posted

While they're def not as popular as they used to be they're still out there, the styles might evolve a bit though to fit with modern clothing and stuff but there are plenty of new age emo kidz that stick with the old style so I personally wouldn't say it's becoming "obsolete"

Report Reply