« SpaceHey Forum

Do you think this will succeed?

Posted by Hans

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

What do you expect from this platform? Is it going to do well?

Report Topic

68 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by van

posted

Fingers crossed it does, I've been looking for a fun/old web style site like this for ages. 

Report Reply

Reply by Chandler Giovanna 💋

posted

I really hope it does succeeds! Even tho the site seems dead at times...

I don't like modern internet nor the look of modern internet. I usually come on here to make friends and nostalgic purposes. Being said since this website is still fairly new, we just have to wait and see. I do have my fingers crossed on SpaceHey.

Report Reply

Reply by Gamer Gaming

posted

this can succeed, i mean, this is a very common word, theres no doubt in my mind that this will succeed.

Report Reply

Reply by Arielle

posted

Hopefully, its 2023 now but hopefully it gets more out there and really stays longer than myspace atleast did.

Report Reply

Reply by Kari

posted

I think it has potential. It needs some upgrades, but i hope it catches on. even for a little while. 

Report Reply

Reply by Steven 🦇

posted

Been here since the start (joined in Jan. 2020) and honestly, I don't see it ever catching on as a major, or even mid tier, social network. It lacks too many of the most basic features all of them have now (i.e. photo, video, and music support; as well as phone apps). It's more of a nostalgia/novelty thing for most people. I've noticed a lot join, experiment with profile customization & add people to get their friend count up, then leave or just lose interest. 

Report Reply

Reply by HOUDINI Magazine

posted

I've been shilling this site and neocities pretty hard since Twitter got bought out. I think people my age and younger are kinda burnt out by social media to some degree. I'm 26, making me the oldest zoomer, I've had a social media account ie instagram since I was in like 8th grade, I don't really like the corporate controlled internet as it is.

Report Reply

Reply by loaf

posted

theres definitely way more people here than any forum thats been made in the last 5 years

Report Reply

Reply by Ten

posted

My POV as someone who just discovered Spacehey yesterday: I think it has the potential to get bigger. To the point of replacing other social media? I don't think so. I certainly can't convince my elderly and tech-illiterate mom to move from FB.

But I like it small as it is. It's kind of a place for cool people only, basically what people on Tumblr think Tumblr is.

Report Reply

Reply by 🕸 Ectovampz 🕸

posted

i hope it doez,, i want it 2 stay for awhile 

Report Reply

Reply by Rick

posted

It could. If they do it right. Right now, I think it's mainly geared towards people who want a good hit of nostalgia and want a MySpace simulator to play with. If the rumors of younger generations getting off of smartphones are true, however, then it might be seen as a better alternative to Facebook and Twitter, as those are geared more towards the mobile platform.

It would be nice to get back to custom profiles and stuff like that, something that you can really make your own, instead of just being another drone in an endless sea of people with the same kind of profile. With the new resurgence of pop-punk music, I think this site stands a chance. Especially if a new artist references it in their song.

Report Reply

Reply by Jason Anderson

posted

Maybe? But If MySpace.com go back to the old look again with Photo Albums , download instant messenger on your computer , and games. 

Then SpaceHey might die off . 

Someone name Kris did the same thing like An Did by bring back the old MySpace look again. It was called MySpaceRetro.com it looks like thye were shutdown by MySpace. Did anyone remembers them? 

Report Reply

Reply by lcy

posted

I will make it succeed

Report Reply

Reply by AlmostAly

posted

It’s growing for sure but who really knows? Maybe when they come out with an app?? But I’m loving this browsers site for sure. Takes me back you know

Report Reply

Reply by maria

posted

i definitely think it's getting more and more popular everyday but i dont think it will last sadly :( 

Report Reply

Reply by remedi

posted

I figure it'll bubble up and down for a while, enough to make other social media start to feel a little emptier. This isnt the only alternative to the social media giants, either. Facebook has been pathetic with their cash grabs and investments lately - I wouldnt be surprised to see some mass exoduses in the next 2 or 3 years

Report Reply

Reply by Crowe

posted

I just hope it remains the way it is, that it doesn't get changed for mainstream, but that there's enough users to keep the servers up, yk?

Report Reply

Reply by Goddess_Doll666

posted

Hi I'm new! So I think so its growing ☺

Report Reply

Reply by leen <33

posted

as it is now I don't think so. Maybe if they add more and make it a little easier to use.

Report Reply

Reply by leen <33

posted

as it is right now? no.

Report Reply

Reply by B w u l f

posted

Honestly, I believe in An and this platform. It needs to be kept safe from the monitization algorithms and predatory tactics that modern day social media sites use. This site can be the one that brings back what made social media so special in the first place.

Report Reply

Reply by Cosmicgirl

posted

ngl i think it needs a easier way to make layouts n stuff like that

Report Reply

Reply by cottoncandycam89

posted

Idk what the future holds but the nostalgia is everything right now. That's for sure  

Report Reply

Reply by Rissa Briane

posted

I really hope it does. Even though this isn’t MySpace it’s pretty close to it, and I think a lot of us miss the authenticity that website gave.

Report Reply

Reply by Shelly

posted
updated

I think it could serve as a good forum community. It could be like “Reddit-style” website/app with the nostalgia of MySpace.

I saw another person say that it’s not built to compete in 2021, and I kinda agree. I feel like the interactivity isn’t there yet. Like I should be able to reply to someone else’s forum reply or at least tag them in mine. 

Regardless I love the idea for my personal use

Cheers to An

Report Reply

Reply by HollyBerry

posted

This website feels way more complex than FB or IG. IG has gone downhill since FB- oh excuse me, I mean Meta bought them out. I was never on MySpace so I don’t know what to compare it to. I think the novelty of this site may wear off the way that Tumblr did. Today is my first day on this site and it’s been pretty fun for me, however I feel that not many from older generations would enjoy this site. 

Report Reply

Reply by Danny

posted

hi my name is Jeff

Report Reply

Reply by Swiftpaw

posted

I'm optimistic, there are people who feel passionately for the site and it feels like there's a need for a site like this 

Report Reply

Reply by Vanessa Bello

posted

I have faith in this.  I just joined this morning myself, but I know the more we use it, the more we allow ourselves to be seen using it, accessing it, sharing it, and enjoying it, the stronger this platform can become.  yes, the potential use of intellectual property/legality seems to be a viable concern. Can anyone from the tech team speak on thag to beware anyone’s concerns?  

Report Reply

Reply by M

posted

I hope so. It seems very simple and personable. It's up to the myspace generation and if they want something like it to come back and keep it going

Report Reply

Reply by Kween Mia

posted

I honestly think it will

Report Reply

Reply by Meg

posted

I hope so!! I just joined today and none of my IRL friends are on here. So if you see this, add me :P

Report Reply

Reply by Becky

posted

I agree with what the guy said 9 months ago in the comments. The timeline feature is the most irritating part of other sites. Bulletins were good enough. 

Report Reply

Reply by J4YC33

posted

It has succeeded is succeeding.

There are about 150k users on this site. That's more than Myspace had 18 months in. They're fairly active, they blog, they forum. They can ask this question (You did, right here, even!).

At least in the US, satire and parody (of which this nostalgic recreation would fall under, I think. Biggo IANAL right here.) is protected. So, I don't think there's a lot of risk of legal fallout. Also, given that it's hosted out of Germany, I really don't know how that would work.

Ultimately, we're here. We're having a discussion. It's not going away today, it's probably not going away tomorrow either. I'd say as long as we have it, it's succeeding. Maybe it won't be here in 2 years, maybe it'll still be here in 10. For now, let's just use it while we have it!

Report Reply

Reply by Hankuken

posted

i think (and i hope) it grow very well.. also all the people who are bored of modern media will come here! :D for example me, i'm very bored of the modern web and media so , i decide to join in this fantastic world

Report Reply

Reply by ☥Horemhat☥

posted

Well, probably it's a bit early to say.

I think the first goal ny An is to provide something "retro" like myspace, nowadays.
If Spacehey will compete with other socials, it will be a great thing but not the main purpose of the project.

Aaaaaw, I was missing forums soooo much! ^^

Report Reply

Reply by Tamagoth3

posted

Yeah. It's got a ways to go but in a day where animosity towards the major social medias and their nonsense is growing and people want a more lax, less bullshit platform something like this fits the bill.

It's already managed to grow a userbase without being taken over by bigots so it's gotten farther than bitchute :P

Report Reply

Reply by Elohimless 🤘🇵🇷

posted
updated

I hope it last for long time. . .but in all honesty I don't think this throw back site can soley thrive and survive. Among the giants by banking ONLY on nostalgia. The social media landscape has changed back in the days it was just 2 or 3 sites to choose from (e.g; Xanga, MySpace or Bebo) and these days as you know is like 6 or 7 (e.g; Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok) and if you include the alternative sites (e.g; Gab, Minds, Parler) that's like 10 or more to choose from.

P.S: It NEVER get as big as Facebook, cause old people are not going invest time in learning how to use HTML/CSS. 

Report Reply

Reply by Chandler Giovanna 💋

posted

I really REALLY hope it does. This is the closest thing to Myspace yet, so I do have high hopes that this will succeed. 

Report Reply

Reply by ♡ Cheryl ♡

posted

I hope so because I along with many others are sick of FB

Report Reply

Reply by snapple

posted
updated

It's working now,Don't sellout out to Advertisers & Unbalanced Algorythms.. They will approach it's creator at some point once the clientele exceeds AN astronomical mark,B strong & B wary of hakers (Different Passwords for all applications,Email acc etc)..He's Got my support..

Report Reply

Reply by Michael Sprague

posted

I hope so because FB & Twitter are absolute cancer. Orweillian spying & toxic elitist bubbles.

Report Reply

Reply by Shawn Whyte

posted

No, it's a quick nostalgia trip and that's about it.

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted

I hope it succeeds. I've been loving my experience on here so far. I think this site can't just rely on nostalgia completely to maintain an active user base. I'm hoping spacehey will last a long time.

Report Reply

Reply by Andrew

posted

for this to succeed, it will need to become a lot more intuitive.  I have no idea how to change my layout, and I don't feel like learning basic coding for spacehey from 5 videos and 2 blogs.  On blogger, I just have to upload an image and shift a few things and it's done.  On facebook or instagram, it's as simple as uploading an image and filling in the description.

Unless I'm missing something, nothing seems very easy about this aside from finding people (which is just as easy as any other social media site).

I really hope this takes off, and I'll definitely keep an eye on it, but right now, it's easier to block jerks on facebook and ignore toxic politics.

when layouts get easier to implement, I'll definitely be back!  Right now, it's too difficult for my aged brains.

Report Reply

Reply by txkx

posted

I don't think it will ever take facebook's place as the top dog, but I think it has potential to be a viable alternative.

Report Reply

Reply by SoFaT

posted

I hope so... add me and I’ll add back. Let’s be friends and see what happens. Peace and love. -Fat

Report Reply

Reply by Bobby Khan

posted

I hope it does. I really miss the Myspace of 2006, when there was so much music on there to discover. That's the big thing I hope happens - that it becomes a music resource

Also the thing I absolutely HATE about Facebook, and then Myspace started doing it, is the stupid timeline. I would just rather have the bulletins and not have to see people's useless garbage

For those of you too young to remember, Myspace was a killer way to find out about so much killer new music. This was before streaming. I hope Spacehey brings that back

Myspace was also a total meat market which I personally dug, but I dunno if it's PC to say that now

Report Reply

Reply by John starr

posted

No idea and I tend to be behind when it comes to teach. When I first heard of myspace it was already dead lol. This I heard about from a friend that tends to like old things lol. Is there a way to look for people by location? If there is I dont see it. So it may be hard to find people in your town or even state.

Report Reply

Reply by Colin Shanahan

posted

I don't see it getting as big as something like Facebook.

I can definitely see it being big in a "cult" way in comparison to the biggest dogs in the social networking world. Successful and big in its own way.

I can see those who miss what Myspace was in the mid to late 2000s signing on for fun, even if they're older and have less time on their hands. Myspace was most popular with the teens to early 20s demographic in its peak years (2005-2007, and to a lesser degree 2008).

Also, some people who are younger and only heard about Myspace after it disappeared from relevance, but thought it sounded fun and interesting, signing on just to get a feel of what mid to late 2000s social media was like.

Report Reply