« SpaceHey Forum

Do you think this will succeed?

Posted by Hans

posted

Forum: SpaceHey

What do you expect from this platform? Is it going to do well?

Report Topic

68 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Junky Punky Patrick

posted

It's definitely growing, but I think it's too early to tellΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Hans

posted

It has grown. Part of why I jumped on... just not sure if it's built to compete in 2021.

The lack of simple viral discovery is going to be rough for keeping folks on here IMO, especially if their personal network on the site is spotty.Β 

But... I really can't decide how to read this. Lol

Report Reply

Reply by RIP

posted

Yeah. It's been getting a lot of positive attention. I think people are also so sick of facebook and other social media. If anything this has brought some serious competition to the market.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by RisenFromDarkness4867

posted

Yes, I think it will succeed.

Report Reply

Reply by Ashley M

posted

It could succeed but I would be worried about any legal disputes.

Report Reply

In order to succeed they'll have to do a lot. I'm not sure if their goal is to become the next platform but they very easily could if they go about it right. They'd have to do more than rely on a nostalgic look. I have a lot of suggestions but I'm not a coder so I'm not sure if they'll be taken into a consideration but as a user, I gots ideas.

Report Reply

Reply by Hans

posted

I think you are all correct. They have every opportunity to carve this out. Probably not over-taking anything but there is a place for minor social sites out here.Β 

Other than Nostalgia, what becomes the niche here?Β 

Report Reply

Reply by An

posted

Thanks for all your words! If you have any suggestions/feedback, please send me an email (by clicking on the "Contact" link in the footer)!

Thank you everyone :D

Report Reply

Reply by Mina

posted

I kinda hope it does. <3

Report Reply

Reply by Justin

posted
updated

Will it be as big as Facebook? Probably not. But it could get big if we got a good bit of the people in our friend circles back in the day to use it. I know a ton of people who miss Myspace. Facebook has lost most millenials, and gen Z could care less about Facebook. They're more into Instagram and Tik Tok. This could be sustainable for people who grew up with Myspace. If you can get bands and artist interested in making music profiles, it will make this site even more alive. You don't need big names either. So many bands got their start on Myspace. I never searched Myspace for bands I've already heard of, unless I was looking to add an song to my profile. I do miss finding music and videos on Myspace. We need a place to chill more than ever, and all modern social media has done is steal info, gaslight people over social issues, and bombard you will product ads. I think the Myspace generation is ready to give the Facebook keys to the boomers, and let them ride that hellhole off a cliff lol

Report Reply

Reply by Ghetto_Wizard

posted

I'd say 50/50.
There's potential but it's still too early to say.
I hope it does.
But as stated there are missing feature that are yet to come out so its the old saying.
"Only time can tell".
I'm still gonna annoy my friends to join lol

Report Reply

Reply by JDB

posted

It will succeed as a niche product. Forget trying to compete with the Big Tech monsters. We came here to escape them. But we NEED private messaging. Can't have a functioning service without it.

Report Reply

Reply by Tara

posted

I think this has the ability to be successful with a few changes here n there. I’m hoping to see some options like going live, messenger, and some customization to our profile.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by David Freitag

posted

To the commenter above me how could it get any more customizable you have full control of the css and html of your profile.

Report Reply

I guess it depends on what "succeed" means in this context.

Will it amass users like Facebook or Instagram or Tiktok? Personally, I hope not. I think a lot of us are here because we wanted to get away from what social media has become.

But could it find a niche base of regular users, kind of like Dreamwidth? I think it's entirely possible.

Report Reply

Reply by Kymee Ostrom

posted

I hope so we need a social media site that is NOT political. A site to make friends and to have fun

Report Reply

Reply by Kat Brennan

posted

The nostalgia is getting me. I like it, I'm eager to see more when all of the features are available. So sick of fb.

Report Reply

Reply by Ashley

posted

I got it as a replacement to facebook and an alternative for when twitter is just too much for one reason or another. Be it drama on the timeline or something in the news. So i think as long as i have friends on here i'll stick around. Its a great alternative. I don't need much in a basic, alternative social media platform. Like i said i have twitter. Its just too much lately with everything going on. I like this cause its literally just me and my friends. I will say i don't think it can compete with twitter, but definitely facebook cause lots of people are tired of facebook.

Report Reply

Reply by Colin Shanahan

posted

I don't see it getting as big as something like Facebook.

I can definitely see it being big in a "cult" way in comparison to the biggest dogs in the social networking world. Successful and big in its own way.

I can see those who miss what Myspace was in the mid to late 2000s signing on for fun, even if they're older and have less time on their hands. Myspace was most popular with the teens to early 20s demographic in its peak years (2005-2007, and to a lesser degree 2008).

Also, some people who are younger and only heard about Myspace after it disappeared from relevance, but thought it sounded fun and interesting, signing on just to get a feel of what mid to late 2000s social media was like.

Report Reply

Reply by John starr

posted

No idea and I tend to be behind when it comes to teach. When I first heard of myspace it was already dead lol. This I heard about from a friend that tends to like old things lol. Is there a way to look for people by location? If there is I dont see it. So it may be hard to find people in your town or even state.

Report Reply

Reply by Bobby Khan

posted

I hope it does. I really miss the Myspace of 2006, when there was so much music on there to discover. That's the big thing I hope happens - that it becomes a music resource

Also the thing I absolutely HATE about Facebook, and then Myspace started doing it, is the stupid timeline. I would just rather have the bulletins and not have to see people's useless garbage

For those of you too young to remember, Myspace was a killer way to find out about so much killer new music. This was before streaming. I hope Spacehey brings that back

Myspace was also a total meat market which I personally dug, but I dunno if it's PC to say that now

Report Reply

Reply by SoFaT

posted

I hope so... add me and I’ll add back. Let’s be friends and see what happens. Peace and love. -Fat

Report Reply

Reply by txkx

posted

I don't think it will ever take facebook's place as the top dog, but I think it has potential to be a viable alternative.

Report Reply

Reply by Andrew

posted

for this to succeed, it will need to become a lot more intuitive.Β  I have no idea how to change my layout, and I don't feel like learning basic coding for spacehey from 5 videos and 2 blogs.Β  On blogger, I just have to upload an image and shift a few things and it's done.Β  On facebook or instagram, it's as simple as uploading an image and filling in the description.

Unless I'm missing something, nothing seems very easy about this aside from finding people (which is just as easy as any other social media site).

I really hope this takes off, and I'll definitely keep an eye on it, but right now, it's easier to block jerks on facebook and ignore toxic politics.

when layouts get easier to implement, I'll definitely be back!Β  Right now, it's too difficult for my aged brains.

Report Reply

Reply by Macky

posted

I hope it succeeds. I've been loving my experience on here so far. I think this site can't just rely on nostalgia completely to maintain an active user base. I'm hoping spacehey will last a long time.

Report Reply

Reply by Shawn Whyte

posted

No, it's a quick nostalgia trip and that's about it.

Report Reply

Reply by Michael Sprague

posted

I hope so because FB & Twitter are absolute cancer. Orweillian spying & toxic elitist bubbles.

Report Reply

Reply by snapple

posted
updated

It's working now,Don't sellout out to Advertisers & Unbalanced Algorythms.. They will approach it's creator at some point once the clientele exceeds AN astronomical mark,B strong & B wary of hakers (Different Passwords for all applications,Email acc etc)..He's Got my support..

Report Reply

Reply by β™‘ Cheryl β™‘

posted

I hope so because I along with many others are sick of FB

Report Reply

Reply by Chandler Giovanna πŸ’‹

posted

I really REALLY hope it does. This is the closest thing to Myspace yet, so I do have high hopes that this will succeed.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Elohimless πŸ€˜πŸ‡΅πŸ‡·

posted
updated

I hope it last for long time. . .but in all honesty I don't think this throw back site can soley thrive and survive. Among the giants by banking ONLY on nostalgia. The social media landscape has changed back in the days it was just 2 or 3 sites to choose from (e.g; Xanga, MySpace or Bebo) and these days as you know is like 6 or 7 (e.g; Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok) and if you include the alternative sites (e.g; Gab, Minds, Parler) that's like 10 or more to choose from.

P.S: It NEVER get as big as Facebook, cause old people are not going invest time in learning how to use HTML/CSS.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Tamagoth3

posted

Yeah. It's got a ways to go but in a day where animosity towards the major social medias and their nonsense is growing and people want a more lax, less bullshit platform something like this fits the bill.

It's already managed to grow a userbase without being taken over by bigots so it's gotten farther than bitchute :P

Report Reply

Reply by β˜₯Horemhatβ˜₯

posted

Well, probably it's a bit early to say.

I think the first goal ny An is to provide something "retro" like myspace, nowadays.
If Spacehey will compete with other socials, it will be a great thing but not the main purpose of the project.

Aaaaaw, I was missing forums soooo much! ^^

Report Reply

Reply by Hankuken

posted

i think (and i hope) it grow very well.. also all the people who are bored of modern media will come here! :D for example me, i'm very bored of the modern web and media so , i decide to join in this fantastic world

Report Reply

Reply by J4YC33

posted

It has succeeded is succeeding.

There are about 150k users on this site. That's more than Myspace had 18 months in. They're fairly active, they blog, they forum. They can ask this question (You did, right here, even!).

At least in the US, satire and parody (of which this nostalgic recreation would fall under, I think. Biggo IANAL right here.) is protected. So, I don't think there's a lot of risk of legal fallout. Also, given that it's hosted out of Germany, I really don't know how that would work.

Ultimately, we're here. We're having a discussion. It's not going away today, it's probably not going away tomorrow either. I'd say as long as we have it, it's succeeding. Maybe it won't be here in 2 years, maybe it'll still be here in 10. For now, let's just use it while we have it!

Report Reply

Reply by Becky

posted

I agree with what the guy said 9 months ago in the comments. The timeline feature is the most irritating part of other sites. Bulletins were good enough.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Meg

posted

I hope so!! I just joined today and none of my IRL friends are on here. So if you see this, add me :P

Report Reply

Reply by Kween Mia

posted

I honestly think it will

Report Reply

Reply by M

posted

I hope so. It seems very simple and personable. It's up to the myspace generation and if they want something like it to come back and keep it going

Report Reply

Reply by Vanessa Bello

posted

I have faith in this. Β I just joined this morning myself, but I know the more we use it, the more we allow ourselves to be seen using it, accessing it, sharing it, and enjoying it, the stronger this platform can become. Β yes, the potential use of intellectual property/legality seems to be a viable concern. Can anyone from the tech team speak on thag to beware anyone’s concerns? Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Swiftpaw

posted

I'm optimistic, there are people who feel passionately for the site and it feels like there's a need for a site like thisΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Danny

posted

hi my name is Jeff

Report Reply

Reply by HollyBerry

posted

This website feels way more complex than FB or IG. IG has gone downhill since FB- oh excuse me, I mean Meta bought them out. I was never on MySpace so I don’t know what to compare it to. I think the novelty of this site may wear off the way that Tumblr did. Today is my first day on this site and it’s been pretty fun for me, however I feel that not many from older generations would enjoy this site.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Shelly

posted
updated

I think it could serve as a good forum community. It could be like β€œReddit-style” website/app with the nostalgia of MySpace.

I saw another person say that it’s not built to compete in 2021, and I kinda agree. I feel like the interactivity isn’t there yet. Like I should be able to reply to someone else’s forum reply or at least tag them in mine.Β 

Regardless I love the idea for my personal use

Cheers to An

Report Reply

Reply by Rissa Briane

posted

I really hope it does. Even though this isn’t MySpace it’s pretty close to it, and I think a lot of us miss the authenticity that website gave.

Report Reply

Reply by cottoncandycam89

posted

Idk what the future holds but the nostalgia is everything right now. That's for sure Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Cosmicgirl

posted

ngl i think it needs a easier way to make layouts n stuff like that

Report Reply

Reply by B w u l f

posted

Honestly, I believe in An and this platform. It needs to be kept safe from the monitization algorithms and predatory tactics that modern day social media sites use. This site can be the one that brings back what made social media so special in the first place.

Report Reply

Reply by leen <33

posted

as it is right now? no.

Report Reply

Reply by leen <33

posted

as it is now I don't think so. Maybe if they add more and make it a little easier to use.

Report Reply