Topic: Do you think this will succeed?

Sort Replies:

Reply by Ashley

posted

I got it as a replacement to facebook and an alternative for when twitter is just too much for one reason or another. Be it drama on the timeline or something in the news. So i think as long as i have friends on here i'll stick around. Its a great alternative. I don't need much in a basic, alternative social media platform. Like i said i have twitter. Its just too much lately with everything going on. I like this cause its literally just me and my friends. I will say i don't think it can compete with twitter, but definitely facebook cause lots of people are tired of facebook.

Report Reply

Reply by Kat Brennan

posted

The nostalgia is getting me. I like it, I'm eager to see more when all of the features are available. So sick of fb.

Report Reply

Reply by Kymee Ostrom

posted

I hope so we need a social media site that is NOT political. A site to make friends and to have fun

Report Reply

I guess it depends on what "succeed" means in this context.

Will it amass users like Facebook or Instagram or Tiktok? Personally, I hope not. I think a lot of us are here because we wanted to get away from what social media has become.

But could it find a niche base of regular users, kind of like Dreamwidth? I think it's entirely possible.

Report Reply

Reply by David Freitag

posted

To the commenter above me how could it get any more customizable you have full control of the css and html of your profile.

Report Reply

Reply by Tara

posted

I think this has the ability to be successful with a few changes here n there. I’m hoping to see some options like going live, messenger, and some customization to our profile.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by JDB

posted

It will succeed as a niche product. Forget trying to compete with the Big Tech monsters. We came here to escape them. But we NEED private messaging. Can't have a functioning service without it.

Report Reply

Reply by Ghetto_Wizard

posted

I'd say 50/50.
There's potential but it's still too early to say.
I hope it does.
But as stated there are missing feature that are yet to come out so its the old saying.
"Only time can tell".
I'm still gonna annoy my friends to join lol

Report Reply

Reply by Justin

posted
updated

Will it be as big as Facebook? Probably not. But it could get big if we got a good bit of the people in our friend circles back in the day to use it. I know a ton of people who miss Myspace. Facebook has lost most millenials, and gen Z could care less about Facebook. They're more into Instagram and Tik Tok. This could be sustainable for people who grew up with Myspace. If you can get bands and artist interested in making music profiles, it will make this site even more alive. You don't need big names either. So many bands got their start on Myspace. I never searched Myspace for bands I've already heard of, unless I was looking to add an song to my profile. I do miss finding music and videos on Myspace. We need a place to chill more than ever, and all modern social media has done is steal info, gaslight people over social issues, and bombard you will product ads. I think the Myspace generation is ready to give the Facebook keys to the boomers, and let them ride that hellhole off a cliff lol

Report Reply

Reply by Mina

posted

I kinda hope it does. <3

Report Reply

Reply by An

posted

Thanks for all your words! If you have any suggestions/feedback, please send me an email (by clicking on the "Contact" link in the footer)!

Thank you everyone :D

Report Reply

Reply by Hans

posted

I think you are all correct. They have every opportunity to carve this out. Probably not over-taking anything but there is a place for minor social sites out here.Β 

Other than Nostalgia, what becomes the niche here?Β 

Report Reply

In order to succeed they'll have to do a lot. I'm not sure if their goal is to become the next platform but they very easily could if they go about it right. They'd have to do more than rely on a nostalgic look. I have a lot of suggestions but I'm not a coder so I'm not sure if they'll be taken into a consideration but as a user, I gots ideas.

Report Reply

Reply by Ashley M

posted

It could succeed but I would be worried about any legal disputes.

Report Reply

Reply by RisenFromDarkness4867

posted

Yes, I think it will succeed.

Report Reply

Reply by RIP

posted

Yeah. It's been getting a lot of positive attention. I think people are also so sick of facebook and other social media. If anything this has brought some serious competition to the market.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by Hans

posted

It has grown. Part of why I jumped on... just not sure if it's built to compete in 2021.

The lack of simple viral discovery is going to be rough for keeping folks on here IMO, especially if their personal network on the site is spotty.Β 

But... I really can't decide how to read this. Lol

Report Reply

Reply by Junky Punky Patrick

posted

It's definitely growing, but I think it's too early to tellΒ 

Report Reply