Topic: The worst part about being in a relationship?

Sort Replies:

Reply by Neco-Arc Chaos

posted

The worst part? Perhaps the dance of vulnerability, where the chaos of emotions intertwines. The fear of losing oneself in the complexity of shared existence, yet finding solace in the connection. Relationships, a paradoxical blend of joy and vulnerability, where the boundaries blur, and the heart echoes with both harmony and discord.

Report Reply

Reply by Evan!!!

posted

How dependent can you become on the other person, to the point of slowly damaging yourself, and not to mention if the other person breaks up with you, it's horrifying 

Report Reply

Reply by vic_zombi3

posted

the "ick" phenomenon, or how one small thing can change your entire view of someone you're interested in

Report Reply

Reply by cyberpcnk !

posted

when they do smth you dont like but youre too scared to say anything 

Report Reply

Reply by MalinLamb2

posted

The fact that i'm very needy, obsessive, affectionate and, love like a dog.

People get anoyed with me very quickly.

Report Reply

Reply by mikeyd

posted

i think as a transgender autistic guy 99% of my relationship problems come down to people choosing to not disclose whether or not they're "okay with" me being transsexual in a clear yes or no answer. cut the bullshit before the first confession so the both of know it's going nowhere, yk?

Report Reply

Reply by SquishyTanks

posted

when they try to guilt trip you into doing something purely due to the fact you exist.

Report Reply

Reply by ⭒✮⭒𝓩𝓲𝓟𝓟𝓨⭒✮⭒

posted

Relationships are nice at first but you definitely stop seeing your friends as much, having personal space and freedom... especially when you move in together. its really easy to lose yourself. I LOVE LOVE and HATE LOVE. hate being lonely, love the beginning excitement.

Report Reply

Reply by zim.binx

posted

when my friends have a lot in common with them so i get jealous when they talk to my friends

Report Reply

Reply by bunbugs

posted

probs just juggling mental health 

Report Reply

Reply by kae :3

posted

this is def a me problem but anytime i get into a relationshp i feel like they only assked me out for laughs or bcs they felt bad yk

Report Reply

Reply by sophiaecstacy

posted

expecting it to be perfect but it never is 

Report Reply

Reply by canbryce_popuwu

posted

That takes a lot of time away from everything, your circle closes only between you and him, it is sad, if it ends you would be alone after, you have to know how to manage, they are your friends or he is.

Report Reply

Reply by ellomonkeyssszzz

posted

when they '' like you '' but you realize they just like the idea of you

Report Reply

Reply by ellomonkeyssszzz

posted

when they think stealing my food is okay now....

Report Reply

Reply by Nia ★🎸🎧⋆。 °⋆

posted

For me it's that I'm really jealous

Report Reply

Reply by Frayfray

posted

Having to look at there ugly face

Report Reply

Reply by Nia ★🎸🎧⋆。 °⋆

posted

I'm in relationship at this moment and I don't really like the fact that I'm jealous but sadly I can't help it. It's probably because of the abandonment issues :/

Report Reply

Reply by Petey

posted

if there is a "one true love" i already found her and lost her. if there's another true love then i definitely havent met her

Report Reply

Reply by siswfg

posted

Maybe it's just me but all of a sudden, he goes into a get away from me mode, when I do something unintentionally that he doesn't like, I mean, involuntary things, like when I talk to another guy and he stares at me or waits for me to stop talking to that person and go with him, and then he becomes indifferent, I really don't know how to deal with that.

Report Reply

Reply by sadking

posted

When you're black and you decide to date someone white and their parents are racist

Report Reply

Reply by kt

posted

actually starting stuff. like when you're initially progressing from flirting to the actual realised concept of love, and you want to back out desperately but you stay. from there it's all fine because you really begin to love them, but that shit is TERRIFYING.

also the lack of communication/mutual trust. like when people refuse to vocalise what they have on their mind - and it leads to built up resentment that seeps out in interesting ways. it breaks down the relationship slowly. if you cannot communicate, that is a problem with you and should therefore be resolved by you. lack of communication correlates with lack of trust, and will cause nothing but a host of problems

Report Reply

Reply by zepar

posted

it's always been physical intimacy for me. i learned the hard way i was aroce. i just cannot do constant hugging, being too physically close to someone, 'relationship actions' such as kissing, cuddling, etc. and dont get me started on the expectation for sex. the best i can do is hand holding, lmao

Report Reply

Reply by sudisch

posted

its getting bad when you start to suggest his/her friends because when he/she says "BLAH IS MY FRIEEEND.BE RELAX" you can understand that is not true person for yourself.

Report Reply

Reply by charlie

posted

when ur parents dont like ur s/o 

Report Reply

Reply by aveen

posted

for me, it's having to give up things that MAY make my partner uncomfortable (ex. talking to a certain person, talking abt certain things). This usually isn't a problem in any real relationships because adjusting to another person's interests (even if you personally don't like them) is just apart of healthy relationships, but I feel like it's been normalized to not do this idk.

Report Reply

Reply by lambert

posted

people have proboly said this but when you give someone everything you have and give the so much of you time and love. And the way their treating you is teribble but you dont relize it cause you love them so much and they take advantage of you cause you gave them everything, and they left you with nothing

Report Reply

Reply by ~Siren~

posted

How some of them may not respect your bound

Report Reply

Reply by DAMI!!𓍊✧˖

posted

haiii! :3 i’m just gonna rant abit about things that i hate in relationships nowadays because finding genuine love now is just so fucking HARD ╥﹏╥ but yeah

1. the whole nonchalance of it all. 

i hate how speaking to someone nowadays slowly turns into a competition of who can respond later than the other because there’s this whole concept of “if he wanted to he would” and “if you respond to fast you’re being too forward” like what?? just RESPOND WTF how else is someone gonna know that you like them if you don’t even respond to their texts and let them know how you feel. it’s so silly because how does someone’s response time determine your relationship. (ngl i have fallen victim to this because as soon as my fav person stops responding as fast i do get a bit panicky but that’s when the reassurance comes in and they hopefully let me know where they’ve been so i don’t have to worry anymore, THATS how to communicate. but most people leave the reassurance part out and that’s when they start to drift and stop responding to eachother even more)

2. not being able to listen to your partner

now i’ve been wanting to talk about this for a loongggg time because this has been an issue for me for AGES. see i have autism right so navigating relationships for me is already a bit tricky. and when i spoke about my current hyperfixation to my now ex boyfriend he would just disregard me and not listen to me in the slightest he didn’t even act like he was interested like he would literally go “that’s so interesting but i don’t care” and it made me feel SO idk is neglected the right word to use? i just felt so ignored bc he just shut me down completely. and the reason why i value being listened to so much is because some people may have grown up in a home where they weren’t listened to as much so it’s kind of a sensitive spot for them and it’ll make them feel misunderstood. and all they want is for someone to just take some time out of their day to understand them and listen to their silly rants. maybe this is me projecting my parental issues onto all of you reading this (i most definitely am) but i still think it’s really important

3. the concept of lovebombing

i recently got lovebombed by yet again my now EX boyfriend (idek if we’ve broken up because he won’t answer my texts but we’re definitely done in my books) and it got me thinking about how i hate this whole idea of lovebombing and i can’t wrap my head around why someone would do this.

to summarise me and my ex’s relationship: we connected through having a very similar music taste and we understood eachother to a certain level and bonded a bit, he barely showed me affection at the start and i was kinda starved of it tbh this was before we were dating tho so i didn’t even know he “liked” me. we stopped talking for 2 months then started up again. then all of a sudden there was this burst of love and i pretty much was showered with compliments and “i love yous” and i took that shit and ran with it he literally asked me out the DAY we started talking again and i felt like it was rushed cos we only just started speaking again i got attached pretty quick and that’s when he started pulling away. and i was always running after him and  overthinking if i did something wrong, then he pulled the “it’s you not me im such a horrible boyfriend” card and pulled me back in AGAIN it was just a cycle of this over and over til i got fed up 

so i was just thinking like if you’re not interested in someone why waste their time? and why waste your OWN time investing in something your heart isn’t even fully into? it’s just so ridiculous seriously if you’re not CERTAIN you want to spend time with this person then why do it… even if you’re “not sure” just don’t do it. 

SORRY FOR THE LONG RANT LMFAOOA but yeah those r my thoughts <3

xoxo moe

Report Reply

Reply by s4wyerr_

posted

Socialization is a part of every relationship... of course they want to talk to you. You two (or... three? not my place to judge.) are dating... its kind of natural.

But I often hate how overthinking can ruin a good relationship. Paranoia, constant questions... It's hard for both parties. I often find myself on the giving end. Being a hopeless romantic AND having trust issues surrounding romance is like hell on earth.

Report Reply

Reply by -BlxckRxse-

posted

They say they like the crazy girls, until you act crazy :/

Report Reply

Reply by Amelia

posted

When one party is more giving than the other. 

Report Reply

Reply by Paki ★

posted

missing them

Report Reply

Reply by kaleidoscope

posted

i think the worst part is having to introduce them to the other people in your life - friends, family, etc. and then also dealing with their friends/family if you don't get along with them

Report Reply

Reply by mandy!

posted

Reply by theprettier.ex

posted

How sometimes they ignore ur calls omfg its so annoying

Report Reply

Reply by Gustina

posted

My commitment issues lmao, also the grasp of marriage??? Imagine walking he and there's literally someone waiting for u like??????

Report Reply

Reply by Rory

posted

Being treated poorly and then being blamed for it

Report Reply

Reply by OLGATHEC0RPSE

posted

realising the other person only likes the affection u give them, not the actual person u are...

Report Reply

Reply by SugeyV28

posted

when they get bored of you lol

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

Forgetting that you’re in a r

Report Reply

Reply by ~Niya Rae~

posted

Some people want to be in a "relationship" but when the relationship is loading they're super clingy or act like you guys are legally bound together.

Report Reply

Reply by SaturnianPisces

posted

Having to face your deepest insecurities and not being able to run from your shortcomings

Letting issues go unresolved because neither of you have the skills, energy, or ability to talk about things when they bother you.

Or even, when you try to address those issues, but they feel uncomfortable with the idea that relationships take work. They think that if a relationship takes work, it's not the right one. But that isn't true at all.

Report Reply

Reply by Nao_06

posted

I show a lot of love to those who don't deserve it

Report Reply

Reply by jaedawg

posted

when the way youre feeling or feelings you have just cant seem to be explained to them

Report Reply

Reply by clay <3

posted

getting too comfortable and then the love starts to fade 

Report Reply

Reply by cam 🫀

posted

when even if they text me constantly and tell me constantly how beautiful, pretty, etc, I am it's never enough. it's not their fault but I just can't trust lul

Report Reply

Reply by Starlitz

posted

The fact that you give your all in a relationship and that same person says you're not enough for them. That hurts :(

Report Reply

Reply by Vitóriaaw

posted

quando você trata a pessoa da melhor forma que pode e faz tudo por ela. 

Mas ela não faz o mesmo e não parece te tratar como prioridade dela .

Report Reply

Reply by SuNNyDaYz

posted

Can’t play with the boys when shes constantly texting you 

Report Reply