Topic: manga recommendations thread

Sort Replies:

Reply by NumaLau

posted
updated

hehe I have a hyperfixation right now on Trigun. The story focuses on a man named Vash the Stampede, a staunch pacifist running from bounty hunters who seek to obtain the immense bounty on his head ($$60,000,000,000). As the series progresses, it goes in depth into Vash's past. There's a sort of western cowboy vibe to the manga with heavy scfi elements coming in later on. Everything takes place on a planet called "No Man's Land" (called Gunsmoke in the anime) and all of its characters are HIGHLY rememberable.

There's two mangas but you should start with the original Trigun and THEN go onto Trigun Maximum. There's a neat project going on that you can find on both Reddit and Tumblr called "Trigun Ultimate Overhaul" which seeks to make the English translation even MORE better :D

cries cutely

Report Reply

Reply by luca

posted

I really like Brutal :Confessions of a Homicide Investigator

Report Reply

Reply by valeria ⛧

posted

recommending Tomie, fleshed colored horror, and uzumaki I’m really into horror manga.

Report Reply

Reply by Ash <3

posted

Blue Flag is queer coming of age, really reccomened for those who want to read a good story about queer kids figuring themselves out, friendship and many mor important themes, all with great storytelling and an even better artstyle (at least in my opinion ♡^▽^♡) 

Report Reply

Reply by sara <3

posted

I really recommend Komi Can’t Communicate! It’s a cute wholesome manga about a girl with a communication disorder who tries to make friends :> 

Report Reply

Reply by break stuff

posted
updated

Chainsawman is a really good manga with also beautiful art. 

Also Full Metal Alchemist is cool. 
And any Junji Ito's work is also really good, it's horror btw and the art is really cool and detailed.
Okay i forgot, Nana is also really good :)

Report Reply

Reply by Galestorm

posted

pls read Golden Kamuy its so good

Report Reply

Reply by Wikipedia666

posted

100% Recommend Goodnight PunPun. Hurts to this day, no other media has left such a hard impact on me.

Report Reply

Reply by Ary

posted

I’m currently reading the Beastars manga! It’s good so far :) 

Report Reply

Reply by ❀ MelliKay ❀

posted

♡WOTAKOI♡ 

Super cute, Funny, and Relatable. Two Otakus in a relationship.

Report Reply

Reply by moecomlynx

posted

read houseki no kuni / land of the lustrous ...NOW

Report Reply

Reply by KeikoKup

posted

Please read Otome Kaiju Caramelizer its about a girl who becomes Godzilla when she falls in love and it's amazing

Report Reply

Reply by Sarah

posted
updated

Biggest recommendation is The Ancient Magus' Bride and its two spin-off series, Wizard's Blue and Jack Flash. They're a series that focuses on the magic world and it's relationship with modern day England, France, and New York, respectively. The series is very lore-heavy, but its biggest focus is about understanding complex relationships and emotions.

The main series has an anime too, but they throw away chunks of the lore in exchange for awesome animation, so I suggest reading the manga first.

Report Reply

Reply by ShutUpGabe

posted

Chainsaw Man is usually my go too :")

Report Reply

Reply by Hunter Calley

posted

if you like art definitely check out Vagabond!

Report Reply

Reply by ·•· J ·•·

posted

Keep you hand off eizouken is super funny and really enjoyable. The artstyle is also nice, too bad they only released like 2 (maybe 3 I still need to check)
Theres an anime that goes farther so theres always that.

Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! - Wikipedia

Report Reply

Reply by Adri<3

posted

Atelier of Witch Hat 

Atelier of Witch Hat, Vol. 1 – Milky Way Ediciones

Report Reply

Reply by Crash Test Dummy!1

posted

One Punch Man has some fabulous art

Report Reply

Reply by killuastrange

posted

ohh geez its really been a while since i properly read a manga..the last ones i sorta read ( well sorta cause i just watched and listened to a timeline/reading of the mangas on youtube)
were attack on titan, claymore and gantz..id personally recommend knight run(its a manwha but god its so awesome)

Report Reply

Reply by Ascher

posted

Golden kamui, it’s so good and the style is definitely somewhat distinct !

Report Reply

Reply by Wulfy Starbreaker

posted

Kuso Miso Technique

Report Reply

Reply by Bones

posted

Ojisama to Neko is a really good short slice of life manga. its from the perspective of a 1 year old cat who hasnt been adopted yet untill an old man comes into the shop and adopts the cat. it gose through with the Fukumaru's (the cats name) anxiety that hes going to be returned or the old man wont/dosent love him (the old man loves him very much). its really cute and i think it has a short live action show with it. 

Report Reply

Reply by Aren!

posted

Berserk is great, I really recommend it!

Report Reply

Reply by Aren!

posted

Berserk is great, I really recommend it!

Report Reply

Reply by Remmy

posted

i started Goodnight PunPun a little while ago, getting close to finishing it and i would def recommend.. its an emotional roller-coaster

Report Reply

Reply by Nathan Thompson

posted
updated

Goblin slayer is one of my all time favorites

Report Reply

Reply by Captain Zonko

posted
updated

Lately, I've been falling in love with the work of Oshimi Shuzo like Aku No Hana and Blood On The Tracks.

Report Reply

Reply by Monster Zero

posted

SKULLMAN

Skullman is a series about a dead man walking taking revenge on the people who took everything from him, all while uncovering a mystery. It's written by Shotaro Ishinomori, and later went on to inspire the ever popular tokusatsu series: Kamen Rider. The art is excellent and downright psychedelic at times. It's a continuation of the original oneshot from the 60s that was shunned for being too violent, seeing as he was Japan's first antihero.

Report Reply