« News and Politics Forum

Moderation is key

Posted by Natty

posted
updated

Forum: News and Politics

Moderation, yeah, it is key. For the love of God, be civil! 

Report Topic

16 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Åndi [Hobbit]

posted

It really, really is key.

I wish I could snap my fingers and make the whole world comprehend and apply this.

*sigh* C'est la vie...

Report Reply

Reply by RezzyReks

posted

Yes, we should make sure to seek out the middle ground in everything.
For example, the 'genocide vs no genocide' debate.

Surely the sensible answer is to just to a little bit of genocide? Then we can finally have unity.
-----

Nah jk, we should actually decide policies and approaches to things based on what we think makes sense, not where it puts you on some imaginary graph. Seeking to compromise just to avoid conflict just gets you dragged in whatever direction is the most forceful.

Report Reply

Reply by electroslag

posted

I'm not sure if I read this right lmao. But I definitely think once these forums pick up steam that we are gonna need literal moderators to step up! 

Report Reply

Reply by Soy Boy LaCroix

posted

Yeah, I was reading this as a call to actively moderate discourse so it doesn’t get nasty or promote conspiracy theory, as opposed to “moderate” discourse which shuts down critiques of the current societal and political order. There should be room here for discourse on ideological or policy issues, but anything which denies people to their personhood or promotes active harassment of users ought to be kept in check. I say all this not having actually read the terms of services on here lmao

Report Reply

Reply by Soy Boy LaCroix

posted

you’re welcome to talk nonsense, my dude, but once you trot out ableist, fascist, racist, or sexist shit doesn’t mean you’re going to get a pass or a peck on the cheek from papa. really sorry that you can’t listen to lynn wood rant and rave on parler anymore, btw i’ll get back to doing some nefarious cultural marxism & silencing patriots, now

Report Reply

Reply by xX emo_walsh Xx

posted

There’s moderators on this website?.. How much do they get paid.. and how do I apply....

Report Reply

Reply by PsychicFat

posted

In the same vein, liberalism is the passive path to fascism, for those that are calling for compromise and understanding are the same people who would turn the other cheek when a demagogue with nothing but contempt in their heart calls for unity after trying to set fire to the world.

Report Reply

Reply by Natty

posted

Loving the conversation. Loving the opportunity for free, unhateful speech to be shared. Hope censoring doesn't ruin this place, too, like it has many others. 

Moderation doesn't equal weakness. It is good to have opinions, based off truth and goodness and light, free of ego, full of love. Those are good. Those are real. Having opinions and feeling strongly about them is good, for sure. If you don't feel strongly about them, why have them? But it is good to keep an open mind and being open to having your opinion changed. 

Things aren't black and white. We need to stop viewing things as such. We need to realize that two polar opposites aren't the only choices. That is moderation. 

Level-headed. Peaceful. Not too much, not too little. Balance. We exist in balance. Our planet, everything. 

With love <3

Report Reply

Reply by 🩸Dripping Venom🩸

posted

When I write My Own Personal Blogs, I might get even a bit brutally-honest (though these days I actually STILL have watered myself down a bit TOO much for my own tastes, yeah), BUT:

When I am actually DIRECTLY-INTERACTING WITH OTHERS ONLINE, I certainly keep it Civil.

Maybe I might somehow still be Assertive, but I still Restrain myself.

Yeah.

Report Reply

Reply by 🩸Dripping Venom🩸

posted

FURTHER:

I see nothing wrong with Ego and Pride.

(It honestly seems to me that ANYONE WHO EVER CREATES A PROFILE ANYWHERE IS, BY THEIR ACTION, TELLING THE WORLD:  "HEY! I TOO EXIST! LOOK AT ME!"

Yup.)

However, TOO MUCH Ego and Pride is not good, aye.....

Report Reply

Reply by Davis

posted

Thanks for sharing such great information, I highly appreciate your hard-working skills as the post you published have some great information which is quite beneficial for me, I hope you will post more like that in the future.

Report Reply

Reply by Helios (he)

posted

Gurl, no.

Report Reply

Reply by vinsjorj01

posted

You have a fantastic chance to win a $1,000 gift card, but remember the rules, guidelines, and procedures to take part easily and improve your chances of winning. Stay with us as we walk you through every aspect of the 

www.biglots.com/survey

Report Reply

Reply by been90

posted

There may only be one input per Food Lion receipt for the survey. Additionally, only the owner of the receipt may provide comments. No cash or other goods or services may be exchanged for the $500 Food Lion gift card that was won. Additionally, it cannot be given to a friend or coworker. 

Talktofoodlion.com

Report Reply

Reply by JCPenney Survey

posted

JCPenney Survey Why does JCPenney conduct surveys? www.Jcpenney.com/survey

When you visit JC Penney next time, fill out the customer feedback survey if you want your opinions to be considered.

Report Reply

Reply by JCPenney Survey

posted

JCPenney Survey Why does JCPenney conduct surveys? www.Jcpenney.com/survey

When you visit JC Penney next time, fill out the customer feedback survey if you want your opinions to be considered.

Report Reply