« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

Favorite Anime?

Any fellow “weebs” out there? What’s your favorite Anime or one I should watch? Always looking for recommendations. :)

Report Topic

195 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Rose Romola

posted

I'm old, so mine are such classics as: inuyasha, sailor moon , yuyu hakusho, cardcaptor Sakura... Lol

Report Reply

Reply by Kayla Poyer

posted

Inuyasha was one of my favorites! And I just started to re-watch sailor moon. I started yu yu hakushu but haven’t gotten a chance to finish it yet, and I’ve heard great things about cardcaptur Sakura! I’ll have to check that one out!

Report Reply

Reply by Kira Terpsichore

posted

I gotta go with Attack on Titan for the moment - just love that series to bits.  Haven't seen season 4 and am looking forward to it!  

Report Reply

Reply by Kay Louise

posted

Boys over flowers

(Hana yori dongo)
I would read the Manga first tho lol

Report Reply

Reply by CAC

posted

There's no way to have just one fav in my opinion.

But ones that got me started way long ago would be Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop. 

Report Reply

Reply by Death Cab for Lukie

posted

For me it will always be the classics...Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Dragonball Z.

Also a huge shout out to Full Metal Alchemist as the manga is one of the best written and planned out that i've ever read!

Not seen a lot of modern day anime, the 'newest' i've watched is probably Erased but that was one of the best i'd ever seen.

Would really like to get back into it, might start with Attack on Titan.

Report Reply

Reply by l

posted

i like soo many but if i had to choose, it would probably b angels of death < 3

Report Reply

Reply by Dorian Kontagionist Camp

posted

High School DxD all day, every day

Report Reply

Reply by Frankie

posted

it'd have to be either chobits or haruhi suzumiya. azumanga daioh would make for an honorable mention though!

Report Reply

Reply by SharkysGamingAdventures

posted

InuYasha is my ultimate favorite. 
 I have been watching Yashahime & enjoying it. 

Also love other animes like: 
Ranma 1/2, Yu Yu Hakusho, Tokyo Ghoul, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost In The Shell, Dragon Ball Z, Sailor Moon, & that's what I can say off the top of my head. 

Report Reply

Reply by 𝖒𝖆𝖙𝖎

posted

Angel Beats (ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ

Report Reply

Reply by Guyokai

posted

Favorite anime? Of all time?

Probably along the lines of Evangelion and RahXephon.
Newer anime I enjoy Demon Slayer and Jujutsu Kaisen.

Report Reply

Reply by Angie K

posted

My absolute favorite is Mobile Suit Gundam Wing. I also like Card Captor Sakura, Fushigi Yuugi, Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Vampire Knight, Fruits Basket, Ouran High School Host Club, and Heat Guy J

Report Reply

Reply by Da Phoenix

posted

Dr. Stone

One Piece

Fist of the North Star

Aot

Yu yu hakusho

Report Reply

Reply by Kass

posted

I've been really enjoying the promised neverland, the newer version fruits baskets because it goes further in to depth with the manga compared to the original series. 

if we're talking comfort animes inuyahsa, soul eater, Full metal alchemist brotherhood and the original fruits basket. 

Report Reply

Reply by cherryseed

posted

I liked watching Saiki K

Report Reply

Reply by Oscar

posted

Haven't seen anyone mention Lupin the 3rd here, but that's my absolute favorite. Check it out if you like retro anime (or shows about lovable idiots running around committing crimes.)

Report Reply

Reply by Ashley

posted

I'm a huge sucker for Issekai anime. My favorite is Sword Art Online.

Report Reply

Reply by Giuseppe

posted

Cowboy Bebop!! :)

Report Reply

Reply by Kato

posted

I love Elfenlied & Orange ywy

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕲𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗

posted

Kasama Kiss is a romantic comedy,  it only has two seasons, but it is sooo good! 

I really enjoyed it !!!

Report Reply

Reply by Kayla Poyer

posted

I’ve watched inuyasha, naruto, 1st season of My hero. All of AOT, currently watching JJK, Another, mood-Sama, devil man crybaby, Japan sinks, how heavy are your dumbbells, the way of the househusband, started konosuba. Started yu yu hakusho and got halfway through 1st season of fairy tale. Could not get into SAO at all. LOVED bleach!! Watched all of aggretsuko, full metal alchemist brotherhood, JoJo’s Bizzare adventure. I’m sure there are others I’m forgeting lol  

Report Reply

Reply by ThisIsHistory

posted

I know it's baby's first mecha but Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann came
at exactly the right time for me so I doubt anything will ever beat it
for me personally.
Aside from what's already been mentioned some other stuff I like is Trigun, FLCL,
Code Geass, FMA 2003, Beck, Welcome to the NHK, and
I'm gonna mention the Fate series because the VNs are fucking awesome
even though I think the adaptations are all a bit shit.

Report Reply

Reply by Kaw0ru

posted

hunter x hunter

Report Reply

Reply by SC_Johnny

posted

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Can't go wrong with temper tantrum throwing kids piloting mech-suits.

Report Reply

Reply by Emmynette

posted

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 more than Brotherhood) for its magic system that hits a sweet spot because of my interest in historical esotericism. 

Report Reply

Reply by Obren

posted

Berserk from the 90s, 

C

owboy Bebop, Gungrave, Elfen Lied (although I don't like cat-girl cringe i sexual innuendos, story is amazing and music is otherworldly).

Report Reply

Reply by Monster Zero

posted

Devilman cybaby, Parasyte the maxim, Watamote, and Kill la Kill

Report Reply

Reply by Llama_legss

posted

I
love black lagoon as it’s just the vilest anime I have ever seen that’s not
horror. a legal delivery company located in a city/town that’s a gangster’s paradise.
Hell yeah!

Report Reply

Reply by Ringo Crimson Dickens

posted

My favorite anime is JoJos Bizarre Adventure, and I would definitely recommend it! Part 6 is coming out soon, too. I’ve finished all the animated parts, but I’m reading the manga. I’m currently reading part 7, and it’s amazing. 

Report Reply

Reply by miller [he/it]

posted

OURAN HIGHSCHOOL HOST CLUB its awful in moments but the plot omg

Report Reply

Reply by nina murder

posted

Neon genesis evanglion is rlly good lol

Report Reply

Reply by ᴇᴍᴏꜰʀᴏɢɢ

posted

I like all but these were the main that caught my attention first ep....Future Dairy, Erased, Devil Man Crybaby, Saiki K

Report Reply

Reply by Jenga ★ミ

posted

I'll recommend this anytime I'm given the question now but Land of the Lustrous!! It's a fantastic show by the same studio who adapted Beastars as well. I nerd out real hard for it cause it's arguably the best use of 3D animation in anime to date. It's absolutely gorgeous, the music is inspiring and the story is so powerful. It only gets better in the continued manga volumes and I am constantly just hoping studio orange will make a season 2.
Also, Aggretsuko is coming back soon! can't wait for that !! I had very strong opinions on the end of the last season so I can't wait for more lol

Report Reply

Reply by dementer

posted

lack butter just is the best anime i sew y my lifeee

Report Reply

Reply by t4y

posted

The anime is still in the process of coming out, but the manga Chainsaw Man is my absolute favorite. 

Report Reply

Reply by Anaa_a

posted

• Nana
  • Paradise kiss

Report Reply

Reply by Brittany NuNu Jones

posted
updated

I Love Dragon ball series (all of them) 

YuYu Hakusho 
Inuyasha 
I love mostly old school anime :) 
 Sailor moon 
Tenchi muyo
slayers  

Report Reply

Reply by Billy Mays

posted

Reply by Tris_Otaking

posted

Otaku no Video, without a doubt

Report Reply

Reply by Knightwing_13

posted

Steins Gate

Report Reply

Reply by Dddylx5zro5

posted

Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga

Report Reply

Reply by tori ☾

posted

A new anime but honestly it took only a few episodes to know this is my new favourite anime lol. Its "The Aquatope on White Sand" its on crunchyroll :) 

Report Reply

Reply by Millie

posted

My favourite is Kimagure Orange Road! In general I am pretty into 80s and 90s shows, and KOR has such a good 80s aesthetic and a great soundtrack as well as being a really cute story!

Report Reply

Reply by ditzyana

posted

i am currently watching oniisama and I am really loving it so far, the artstyle is so pretty >.< i love nana, paradise kiss, as for shonen hxh naruto and jojos are my Holy Trinity lol

Report Reply

Reply by Rev

posted

Kaiji Ultimate Survivor 

Report Reply

Reply by Rat

posted

Since neither Berserk nor Fire Punch is animated,

Samurai Champloo.

Report Reply

Reply by Bungledit

posted

inuyasha, neon genesis evangelion, soul eater, black butler, bungou stray dogs, and charlotte

Report Reply

Reply by Nanaa

posted

One Piece

Sailor moon
Naruto
Bleach
Hunter x Hunter
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
Rising of the shield hero
Fairy tail

so many I can not decide..

Report Reply

Reply by Seddy

posted

One of my all time favorites is going to be the first anime i ever saw. that was robotech.followed with the Gundam series and Cowboy Bebop but my list has grown to Tokyo Ghoul, me and gf really liked Netflix series' Violet Evergarden, Beast Stars and Ajin.
I am probably one of the few people who actually liked Darling in the Franxx.

Report Reply