« School, College, University Forum

Any self-learners here?

Posted by Åndi [Hobbit]

posted
updated

Forum: School, College, University

Would love to start some kind of online discussion or group to bounce ideas and interesting study tactics off of!

Report Topic

23 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Scarlett Bettie (Keisha Scott)

posted

I’m so down! Love this idea! I love self learning. I’m going to college for psychology but there are so many things I want to learn and not enough money/time for college for all of it. There’s a website called skill share where you take “classes” for all kinds of stuff! There’s a monthly fee type of thing but it’s like 20 bucks I think. Not bad. 

Report Reply

Reply by Åndi [Hobbit]

posted

Awesome! Yes! I'll see if I can manage to get a group discussion up eventually over time, I figure it'll take a bit to be constantly flowing with ideas or discussions, but I've been craving the experience of college study groups  -- minus the college.

Report Reply

Reply by Scarlett Bettie (Keisha Scott)

posted

I love it! If there’s anything I can do to help let me know

Report Reply

Reply by Åndi [Hobbit]

posted

Awesome!! Thank you! I sure will!

Report Reply

Reply by Alexander RODENicanhazcheezBURGr

posted

i love watching educational/"edutainment" stuff and i learn a lot from them.

but i'm really trying to figure out something i've noticed where i vividly remember stuff to a visual/audial stuff.

its like i get a deja vu moment for information when i hear a song or watch a video

Report Reply

Reply by Ellie <3

posted

I've just started learning sign language for fun, and I've recently picked up Esperanto!...guess I;m also going to have to try and teach myself coding too now <3

Report Reply

Reply by Åndi [Hobbit]

posted

I love this community so far.

Self learning is such passion. I have much admiration :)))

Report Reply

Reply by J@cki3

posted

Hi I love self-learning!

I've been learning ASL, I think I'm at the point where I can make small conversation. I'm in a Marco Polo group for beginner learners and its been really helpful. A bit hard to find the time now though between work and school. 

Report Reply

Reply by matthewwb

posted

yessss this is so me, I can never be casually into anything lol. I taught myself French and got really into the nitty gritty of linguistics and phonology just for fun, taught myself how to play ukulele and guitar and (mostly) piano, and lately I've been so super into gardening that I went from being completely clueless about it like two months ago to now being known as the plant guy to all my friends and family lol. I'm taking a break from languages but I'm working on Japanese next and I plan to continue learning the rest of my life.

Report Reply

Reply by Elohimless 🤘🇵🇷

posted

I read 100 Business books in 24hrs and than became a Billionaire (TRUE STORY!) I f***ing LOVE self learning! 

Report Reply

Reply by chewlo

posted

I have self taught myself 3 languages successfully. Took a lot of time, but it works! I use Busuu, all my homies hate Duolingo.

Report Reply

Reply by tr4shpandaa

posted

Sounds way cool! i'd love to share some things 

Report Reply

Reply by ~Katie~Khaos~

posted

Yup right here. I'm majoring in music production but I also went for psychology for a year before I switched schools and majors so if anyone needs any help let me know

Report Reply

Reply by CROWN

posted

Self learning Japanese right now but will be getting a tutor soon. 

Report Reply

i'm learning german but tbh, very much looking forward to taking actual courses as i find it hard to motivate myself and practice regularly. probably because i'm not that into it. i like the language and all that, but i'm mainly learning it because i have a german boyfriend and we would like to build our future in germany

reading and taking notes from my history books is a lot easier. it's nice to decorate them a bit and make mind maps. i find adding some colors, pictures etc very helpful. it's also productive to later re-make them prettier and clearer as it helps me to review what i've learned and organize things a bit

there are plenty of things i would like to pick up but i try to focus on these two as based on my experiences, trying to learn too many things at once leads to not being able to really learn anything

Report Reply

Reply by Ahmed Osman

posted

I would say self learning is my whole life, i basically self-learned my entire degree, tho it wasn’t easy by any means. I also studied three languages on my own, two of them are honestly still a work in progress, but yeah I have a long history with self learning, especially when i was in high school, i used to self study stuff related to 3d modeling and game development. And right now i’m trying to get into quantum computing

Report Reply

Reply by dunk

posted

doing japanese on anki. i really need to brush up on grammar though....

Report Reply

Reply by Animelovegnb

posted

I am going back to college this semester. I am really wanting to learn spanish. I use a lot of apps like Duolingo but recently I have started joining fb groups and messaging people there back and forth. I need more people to be consistent but it is pretty cool. 

Report Reply

Reply by Hannah Walters

posted

It can be difficult to stay motivated when learning on your own, and it's easy to get discouraged if you don't see progress quickly. It's important to set goals and give yourself regular rewards to keep yourself on track. It can be hard to know which ones are worth reading. However, if you're looking for good business articles guide.

Report Reply

Reply by xxRebellious_Emmaxx

posted

Definitely me. I've taught myself a bunch of different things and I think it's safe to say I've learned a lot more through my autodidactism than from school (I'm currently in the 11th grade in case you were wondering). I think it also helps that I'm hyperlexic.

Report Reply

Reply by Billy Rodgers

posted

It's crucial to find someone with the right qualifications. Online classes are challenging and require the complete focus of the student. I am doing a full-time job to meet my study expenses, and this is the final of my Master's in Economics. I don't want to fail this semester, but I am not focusing on my studies. Should I pay someone to take my online course

Report Reply

Reply by Amanda

posted

There are many student's who self learn everything but there are student's who want help from an academic expert so they ask to do my online class.

Report Reply

Reply by ligmappe

posted

I'm self learning and it's difficult because I dont have any peers to bounce answers off of

Report Reply