« Movies, TV, Celebrities Forum

Doctor Who

Any Whovians on here?

Discuss everything Doctor Who!

Whose your favorite doctor, companion, season, subcharacter, episode, anything!

Report Topic

40 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Katie

posted

From classic who Sarah Jane Smith and Ace are my favourite companions. Modern Who has to be Donna Noble and Martha Jones.

Report Reply

Reply by James

posted

I loved Tennant as the Doctor. Rose was an amazing companion. Though, I also loved Donna. I haven't watched any of the episodes past Tennant. I am so behind that it is ridiculous. I know they're on HBO Max, but I just got rid of our cable subscription due to moving to another state that did not have Spectrum.

Report Reply

Reply by Megan Duffy

posted

One of my early acting gigs was on Torchwood: Miracle Day, playing a tiny hooker, lol

Report Reply

Reply by Cass

posted

Nine is my fave by far, but I think Ten is the best.

Nothing has ever broken my heart quite as horribly as Donna's exist *sob*

Annnd I am so excited for the rumor that Michaela Coel might be our next Doctor!!

Report Reply

Reply by Jason B

posted

I've always loved the angry Doctors so Peter Capaldi is my favorite. Him and Bill were so great and then they had to kill her off. Boo.

Report Reply

Reply by TonyTheTiger🐯

posted

i was just crying over the 500 Miles david tenant video yesterday! hi

Report Reply

10 is my Doctor!

But I love 9, 11, and 12 as well!

I like 13 and her companions but found the scripts to be annoyingly didactic and lacking imagination. A few were good but my husband and I dropped off watching it and haven't gone back. We do plan to watch the New Year special to see Captain Jack we just haven't gotten to it yet.

Favorite companions are: Rose, Martha, and Bill. Donna was cool, too.

Report Reply

Reply by Jay

posted

My first Doctor was the 11th I love 10-12 haven't seen Jodie fosters season yet sadly. I actually really like Clara I know a lot of ppl don't but I do. Fav episode is probably 11s pirate one. 

Report Reply

Reply by Rancidtunafist

posted

Tom Baker is my favorite "classic" Doctor. 10, 11, and 12 all have their merits. I do like Matt Smith but i think I prefer the War Doctor.

Report Reply

Reply by badwolf

posted

I had a feeling their would be a Doctor Who thread eventually.

Favourite Villains/Monsters/Aliens would be

1.Cybermen
2. Daleks
3.Sonatarans

4.Silurians 
5.Sea devils
6. Ice Warriors
7. Autons
8. Yeti

Report Reply

Reply by Shadow Bliss

posted

I came to a conclusion that everyone has a definitive version of the character in their eyes. Not just another actor to play the part but actually transcend into being what you think of when someone says "The Doctor" or "Doctor Who." Because you may have started watching when RTD revived it, you might see David Tennant as your definitive. Or maybe you think Tom Baker is the undisputed best because of his overall impact on the show and how well his era translated to international audiences (or you...grew up in that era too).

I have three - Patrick Troughton, Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy (Troughton being my absolute favourite). All three are my ideas of what a perfect version of The Doctor should be. You want a cold and calculating Doctor? Sylvester McCoy. A weird and off the wall Doctor? Tom Baker (I can't think of a more apt way of describing him). An eccentric and funny Doctor Who defined what the show was? Patrick Troughton.

If you want to know what I think of the new show? I like it. I don't inherently think the classics are better but there are some elements I prefer in the classic era (I prefer 4 to 6 20 minute episodes over generally a single 40 minute episode) but generally I like it.

Report Reply

Reply by J4YC33

posted

I'm rewatching my way through Tenant now. It's FANTASTIC.
Tenant has the special place in my heart that was getting me through my teenage years when I didn't have Star Trek

Baker has the special place in my heart as being my first doctor.

Report Reply

Reply by Brianna

posted

all time favorite doctor was the 10, so David Tennant. Favorite companion probably Rose Tyler or Amy Pond. I however was never a fan of River Song, not sure why. Favorite side character was probably Rory, I don't consider him a real companion and he annoyed me a decent bit. My favorite alien species either had to be the classic Weeping Angels or the Daleks. Closely followed by the Sontarans, the Beast, Tree of Cheem and Boekind. Ever since even their first appearance I have NEVER liked the Cybermen. When they were brought back in the newer series they only spooked me more lol. I will never be able to pay full attention to them because they just sit so wrong with me. My favorite episode would be a hard choice. It would be easier to pick from each "season" of the series. If I had to choose one though it would probably have to be 'The Girl in the Fireplace' in season 2. I just really liked the story even though it didn't have the best ending ever. I think the episode was laid out very strategically and the Clockwork Droids were an exciting and different setting and change in my opinion<3

Report Reply

Reply by Anna Schröder

posted

My favorite doctors were Matt Smith and David Tennant and I LOVED the show until a few years ago. I don't like the current direction of it, or its doctor.

Report Reply

Reply by bri

posted

Ten is my favorite doctor! Oh man, I miss watching doctor who. I feel like binge watching now, thanks

Report Reply

Reply by Sören Seitz

posted

Unfortunately, I have only seen the episodes from 2005 onwards. The first Doctor I've ever seen was Eleven and he's always been my favorite ever since:

1 Smith
2 Capaldi
3 Tennant
4 Ecclestone
5 Whittaker

Actually I didn't like Nine at all but Thirteen is so bad: She shows no emotion at all (at least in the German synchro; I haven't seen the original yet) and the stories are incredibly boring. 

Report Reply

Reply by jam

posted

My favorite doctor is the 12th, he means so much to me. Unfortunately, i havent seen enough classic who to have really formed an opinion on a lot of the pre-2005 doctors, but i absolutely LOVE the 2nd doctor too! Bill and Clara are my all time favorite companions, but Donna is great too. 

Report Reply

Reply by Votera Binicci

posted

Peter Capaldi/12 is easily my favorite Doctor, hands down (also released a pretty good album last month).

Second favorite Doctor goes to Paul McGann/8. I absolutely loved his voice work in the Sword of Orion audios and I'm looking forward to listening to Stranded. 

I think Eustacious Jericho from Flux is my favorite companion, even if he was only around for half the season (I hope he gets audio dramas on Big Finish).

Report Reply

Reply by The Joker

posted

Favorite Doctors, 8th and 9th favorite Companions, Sarah Jane Smith Donna Noble. I think 9 has strong writing and 8th has great Audio plays also some great fashion sense. Donna Noble and Sarah Jane are examples of great female independent characters, who showed me what I hoped the 13th Doctor would be when I was younger, being 16 I do sort of like the idea of the 13th Doctor though I believe Chris Chibnalls writing let Jodie Whittaker down.

Report Reply

Reply by Ren

posted
updated

my fave doctor was probably either matt smith, David Tennant or Christopher Eccleston, 

my fave was probably donna as a companion, and I loved WILFRED MOTT, honestly legend

Report Reply

Reply by SuperMarioNinja

posted

Tennant and Smith will always be my favorites.

Report Reply

Reply by paulthenerdycat

posted

Matt Smith because he was my first doctor. I love his Tardis layout with the typewriters and stuff. 

Report Reply

Reply by Voldemort

posted

Wait what..Doctor ho? Ho is doctor...i dont know ho is doctor...what is a doctor again?

Report Reply

Reply by mavis

posted

I love the RTD era and seasons 1-2 of Torchwood!! Not really a fan of the other showrunners. Looking forward to the new seasons and I hope they have the same charm as RTDs other episodes.

Report Reply

Reply by tankie

posted

im a huge fan of both classic and nuwho, but never got into the spinoffs 2 quite the same degree. my fav doctors r definitely 2 and either 10 or 11, altho my first doctor was 10! nd then my fav companion would have 2 b a tie between jamie zoe nd river!

Report Reply

Reply by Moss

posted

all i wanna do is cosplay the 10th doctor but i’m broke L. so instead imma keep rewatching his seasons cool

Report Reply

Reply by krill

posted
updated

hiiii! this is my first time posting on this website… I joined it today, so if I say anything I’m not supposed to let me know. 

I LOVE DOCTOR WHO. 

I don’t have ONE favourite doctor (I like them all, just how I like every colour but say green is my favourite for convenience) but I really liked the 12th doctor and the 10th doctor. I’ve barely watched any of the classic show so I don’t really have an opinion on any of those doctors. 

my favourite episode is probably heaven sent because when I watched it I was like “wow, this is probably one of the best things I’ve watched in television history.” 

I also really like the master, very good character (I mean, very bad…) and my favourite companions are donna noble, clara oswald, and bill potts.

edit: I’m just going to say one more thing cause I like talking. I got into doctor who in 2022. the first episode I watched was the van gogh episode because I saw a clip of it on youtube and wanted to know what happened cause it looked interesting. after that, I really enjoyed it, so I decided to start from series 5 and watch the whole of the 11th doctor’s run. after that, I loved the show SO much I started from series 1 and then watched to 4… and then I started on series 8 and I’m now watching series 13… that was very confusing LOL but hope you enjoyed my rant!

Report Reply

Reply by EJ/system

posted

man i love doctor who especially the 10th doctor he's so silly 

Report Reply

Reply by cyber-mimikyu

posted

the master is my blorbo! they were just in a silly goofy mood <3

Report Reply

Reply by oliver

posted

omgg i found my peoplee!! xD

doctor: 9

companion: jo grant, victoria waterfield & rose tyler

season: 5 (classic), 1 (new who)

ep: fathers day & turn left <3

serial: war games, web of fear & fury from the deep

Report Reply

Reply by Smelvin

posted

I grew up watching matt smiths run as the doctor. I loved the show and used to wake up early just to watch it.

Report Reply

Reply by TheEmeraldCrown

posted
updated

I LOVE DOCTOR WHO! I'm so thrilled to have seen this post on here!

The thing is I can't pick a favourite of any of those things you listed because I love so many favourite doctor, companion, season, subcharacter, episode, setting, that are all on equal level! 

I love Classic Who and NuWho equally but if I had to pick my favourite doctors, for NuWho, it would either have to be the Ninth, Tenth, or Twelfth Doctor (They're all my favourites and I can't pick, with the Thirteenth Doctor being my least favourite! It's not that the eleventh doctor isn't good, he was brilliant but unfortunately, he's just outdone by how insanely good my favorite doctors are tbh) 

for Classic Who, AHHHH I love all of the doctors (with the sixth doctor being my least favourite in the show, sorry Colin Baker! He's way better in Big Finish)

My favourite companions are Ian, Barbara, Rose, Martha, Donna, Jamie, Sarah Jane Smith, Ace, etc (I genuinely love the majority of companions except for some companions here and there which I think are okay)

I legitimately can't pick a season as there are too many fantastic ones to count and I don't feel like listing them! Same for episodes!

Um yeah you can obviously tell I'm a huge Whovian lol

Report Reply

Reply by ✞ jason ✞

posted

my favorite new who season will always be 4 because its just the best written, and happens to have my favorite companion donna noble...

Report Reply

Reply by Owyn :3

posted

ive met 4 of the doctors actors!!! peter davison, colin baker, sylvester mccoy and paul mcgann xD IT WAS AMAZING!!!!it was at comic con, i was in my 8th doc cosplay and i got a kiss on the cheek off paul mcgann :D!

Report Reply

Reply by AlesaDarling

posted

I'm really excited for Ncuti's doctor. so far he has been so charismatic and exciting! Ncuti is a very talented actor and I'm looking forward to see his character evolve. my favorite doctor as a whole would be Peter Capaldi's and for me my favorite companion is either Bill or Donna. I also absolutely love Wilfred Mott (RIP Bernard Cribbens)

Report Reply

Reply by oliolioxenfree

posted

10 is definitely my favorite doctor and I’m super excited for Ncuti’s doctor! So far he’s really charismatic and sassy and I love that. I think he pairs well with his companion too. Also unpopular opinion but I wasn’t the biggest fan of Donna when she was first on the show. I have really enjoyed her in the new specials tho :)

Report Reply

Reply by Jelly baby enthusiast

posted

Man I am so excited for the new whoniverse!!! Anyone with me?

Report Reply

Reply by Igor / Pippin

posted

wheee I love doctor who so so much !!! I'm not caught up yet though so I don't know the up to date stuff yet xP (though from being a fan for so long I know most of the spoilers LOL) 

I'm watching nuwho with my mom and we're in the middle of season 3 !! 

and by myself I'm watching classic who !! I just reached season 3 of that too haha my life tends to work in threes

and of all the doctors I've seen thus far, I have a unique relationship with each of them individually

- the first doctor is my absolute fav so far, I am completely and utterly enamored with him and I could go on about this for EVER ! !!!! 
- the ninth doctor became a father figure to me so i really love him in a dad way
- when i was a kid (like maybe 10 years old i dont remember precisely) i had a HUUUUGE crush on the tenth doctor, ive (mostly..) outgrown it by now but i still feel a really strong bond to him from that so i feel like hes one of my best friends

[ also i started something fun on tumblr in the tag "timeblr" where you blog like youre in the doctor who universe!! if that sounds like fun feel free to make a sideblog and join in :D !! ]

ok sorry this ran a little long I JUST HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT DOCTOR WHO AHHHH I LUV IT A LOT

Report Reply

Reply by Toibe

posted

I stopped watching a few years ago because I couldn't stand Moffat, but I think I'm really going to like the soft reboot. Unfortunately, I've only watched one episode because I'm so scared that I won't like it, even though I thought that one episode was brilliant!

Doctor Who used to be such an important part of my life and I really want that back.

Report Reply

Reply by RobertoDixon

posted

My favorite Doctor is Dr.ENT! He's not just any doctor, but the best ENT doctor in Dubai. Dr.ENT stands out for his exceptional skills and compassionate care. Whether you're dealing with ear, nose, or throat issues, Dr.ENT is the go-to expert.

Report Reply