« Back to the 2000s fashion trends and nostalgia Forum

what 2000s fashion and beauty trends do u want 2 make a comeback?

Posted by addy allure

posted
updated

Forum: 2000s fashion trends and nostalgia Group

as many of u probably know, 4 the past yr or so, 2000s-inspired fashion and beauty trends have been making a resurgence, and will still probably b ongoing 4 yrs 2 come.

ik many ppl h8 the fashion and beauty trends of the time, but tbh, u cannot deny that the 2000s managed 2 cre8 its own unique look, even if it had sum trends that many would consider heinous.

tbh, i want ALL of the 2000s fashion and beauty trends 2 come back, but maybe spice it up a lil' bit, like modernize it a lil' bit, like give it a 2020s take on them while also remaining faithful 2 the source material.

i just don't want the overall aesthetic of the decade 2 b so influenced by trends of the past, 2 the point where it's watered down and nearly unidentifiable, much like what happened in the 2010s.

but i'm curious, what 2000s-inspired fashion and beauty trends do u want 2 make a comeback? let me know, and we'll c what'll happen in the future. hopefully the 2020s r the decade where the fashion and beauty trends r iconic and fun.

ilusm!! 💗💗

Report Topic

316 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by swaydoll

posted

I would love for all the hairstyles to come back 

Report Reply

Reply by kei </33

posted

i knooowww this was made 2 years ago but like, i miss juicy and the mcbling (no idea what to call it) fashion, i miss it SO BAD it was like forever ago, i also miss studded or fancy sparkly belts, those were cool asffff

Report Reply

Reply by Kristchs

posted

definitely would have to pick gyaru i adore that style  especially that it has so many different ones cute etc etc BUT the makeup especially is sooo pretty

Report Reply

Reply by Savannah!<3

posted

for me in my opinion, probably dresses over jeans, or pants in general. The style was really cute and stylish. A great example of that is lindsay lohan wearing a black dress over jeans.

Report Reply

Reply by TakeOffYourHalo

posted

I need colorful funky Osiris shoes, I need all the old makeup brands to come back like OCC...I need more JUICY!! I need lazy McBling Snooki-esque attire back....Theres so much stuff to bring back!! 

Report Reply

Reply by maymay

posted

Animal print, low rise jeans, large silver hoops and platform flipflops are all totally hot!!

Report Reply

Reply by Lori

posted

chunky hair highlights + scene hair <3

so cute

omg

Report Reply

Reply by mabbyitsnotokay

posted

maybe low waist pants and cell phones

Report Reply

Reply by angel

posted

probably skirts over jeans, a lot of ppl hate on it but i think it can be so cute!!! 

Report Reply

Reply by ian

posted

Personally I enjoy the creativity of people's outfits. They went with a style but personalized it and I love it (especially the alt community). I love it when people make trends their own way. Currently I feel like everyone has their own style which is amazing! I love the individuality of fashion.

Report Reply

Reply by hoffee

posted

idk if this counts... but phone charms/accessories! part of what i find 2000's/y2k style so intriguing is the maximalist elements of it! i love customizing things with stickers and patches, so it's definitely up my alley! ik we're slowly creeping towards more decor in the 2020's, but there's still a pervasive minimalism to technology/fashion that really irks me (probably bc it's cheaper and everything's produced so fast to a devastating extent.. they still did it back then but not to this extent). 

MAN i miss when we could customize stuff!!! when you could decorate your social medias!!! when it was more popular to make your phone your own!! (i am blinded by nostalgia for a time when i was like... a toddler LMAO).

Report Reply

Reply by lisa ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁

posted

gliterry and pink clothes, those are so cute tho 

Report Reply

Reply by Ally

posted

probably those layerd shirts

Report Reply

Reply by rock girl

posted

yos estampados en las camisas de rock o emo 

o las correas para los pantalones 

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/19/02/da/1902daa8d9f7b3ada436b8e89d53cf6c.jpg

Report Reply

Reply by rhinetoothbecky

posted

Low-rise. I know girls are wearing it today but I can barely find them at stores. EVERYTHING I see is high rise (no hate to the high risers.)

Report Reply

Reply by tw1nk b0i

posted

The beautiful mcbling aesthetic(its my aesthetic)

McBling Aesthetic 2022 - 2000s Fashion is Back

Report Reply

Reply by tw1nk b0i

posted

I NEED the mcbling style to come back!! the juicy logos and pink and shiney everything was so cute!! (its my style)

Report Reply

Reply by bling_grl✧

posted

rhinestones on everything and anything, animal prints, sequined stuff so basically stuff reminiscent of mcbling

Report Reply

Reply by zuoelu

posted

NEWSBOY CAPS!!! they're my favorite thing right now!!

Report Reply

Reply by sherlot.exe

posted

definitely chat full of scriptures everywhere and make rawr!! In the photos it is the best. Gothic belts were very cool. By the way, hello, I'm new to the group. The 2000s weren't my time since I was very, very young, but because of my brother, I grew up with all those trends and I really think it was a great time, both in music, fashion, and the The internet had an air of mystery in general, like video games and series, many great things come from that time or is it my opinion

Report Reply

Reply by Lily🌷

posted

Personally I would really like for cheetah print (specifically cheetah print) to make a comeback. Not too big of a comeback tho bcuz then it would just become a micro-trend that would expire in like a few months probs. And also we should see more pink & red together because honestly there’s not enough of that combination rn.

Report Reply

Reply by Taylor :3

posted

i luv the idea of the hole scene fashion coming backkk. ive been so into it lately and i honestly would luv to see mor ppl dressing like that aginn X3

Report Reply

Reply by Nasia

posted

low rised jeans is a must and juiciy coutor  

Report Reply

Reply by melly

posted

I cannot stress this enough, LOW SIDE PONYTAILS. i think they r just so cutsey and i do one every day.

Report Reply

Reply by PrettyprincessXD

posted

the hyper baggy fitsPinterest | Hip hop style outfits, Hip hop outfits, 2000s streetwear

Report Reply

Reply by JrSBX

posted

Reply by man_k3n}

posted

eu acho q as mini saia pq ninguém mas usa pq falam q e muito chamativo 

Report Reply

Reply by radvxxxz

posted

mini skirts that are the size of a belt

Report Reply

Reply by kirby 💞

posted

Glitter makeup definitely!!!!! But I guess 2016 trends are coming this days noooo 

Report Reply

Reply by miuymiu

posted

i really miss those makeup jewelry that contains makeup products inside, like the 2005's dior bracelet that has gloss inside and the dior vintage makeup ring, like it's an NEED!! 

Report Reply

Reply by jvb1l33

posted

omg yes i need to see more guy-liner and tutus plzzz

Report Reply

Reply by ⋆。★ yluxkj.mp3 ★˚.

posted

that we bring back the messy hot girls
the clothes, and the personality on everything
the fun that everybody had in those years, the freedom, the not be afraid to live the way u want, dress what u want, say what u want and all that stuff
i am a 4 ever 00s girl

Report Reply

Reply by Rune ★

posted

me encantaria que vuelva el estilo desordenado, al igual que las mechas de colores de un tono diferente al de tu pelo. 

aqnue eso se siga viendo no es como que sea tan popular 

Report Reply

Reply by vnsflytrip

posted

mcbling, animal print, flip flops with plataforms

Report Reply

Reply by de !

posted

EXTRAVAGANT MAKEUP. -- shimmery eyeshadow, ridiculous lashes and weird cheap lip gloss. PLEASE. (also thin brows but maybe thats just me)

impractical miniskirts, weird belts & tights. also low-rise, like actual low-rise not the mid-rise everyone's calling low-rise.

also if people started using the words "emo," "goth," and "grunge" correctly that would be nice too. that's probably unrealistic tho.

basically just maximalism lol

Report Reply

Reply by pinky

posted

el subestilo gyaru porfavor!

Report Reply

Reply by august (・ω<)♡

posted

rhine stones literally everywhere and the makeup looks back then were just SO CUTEE, also i luvvv the old vs clothes 

Report Reply

Reply by Nevermind<3

posted

omg I luv the victorias secret/pink pull over flare pants that always had cool designs on the waist, they are kind of coming back from what ive seen on depop but ive never seen anybody wearing them, its all just the bland lulu leggings

Report Reply

Reply by grell

posted
updated

Rhinestones!!! They were so pretty and I miss when they were everywhere. The hairstyles were cuter back then too, they were alot more creative imo

Report Reply

Reply by LindsayMagazine🦓💋

posted
updated

We need to get back animal print clothes (especially ceetah and zebra print) and definetly those tank tops with colorful bras!💋

Report Reply

Reply by d3annna

posted

i miss cheetah/animal print clothes and shoez :/ those were super cool:333cheetah girls

Report Reply

Reply by Tadeo gamer 64

posted

Cuando casi todos los aparatos electronicos como consols tenian una carcasa transparente colorida 

Report Reply

Reply by Lulu

posted

gotta be whale tailss

Report Reply

Reply by Tusirenitafav

posted

El estilo playero donde todo era rosa y tropical :3

Report Reply

Reply by moonlightiuu

posted

Emo/Scene

Report Reply

Reply by Chi ✽ ໋ 。

posted

THE MAKEUP TRENDS!!!!!! definitely!

Report Reply

Reply by kady

posted

honestly? the dream matte mousse needs to make a comeback. i know everyone thinks its all cakey and stuff but if u use it with the right amount and have the right shade then it looks gorgeous 

Report Reply

Reply by kiki ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

posted

LEO PRINT!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Jenny

posted

Animal print and fur coats better make a comeback this year !!

Report Reply

Reply by Randii o.0

posted

Tripp pants >:3!!!!!!!! I want to feel like im about to get caught on something and almost die for the fashion again :’)

Report Reply