« Back to the Gothic and Alternative Community Forum

Introduction Thread

So because I'm a bit too laid back as a moderator, I forgot to post a forum thread where we introduce ourselves. If you want.

I will go first, I am an Aussie in their mid 20s. I am Non-Binary and I started this group because one of the things I admittedly owe to Facebook is looking at Goth groups on there introduced me to friends after about 7 years of being socially isolated in school. I kind of want to bring that to Spacehey minus the shit that comes with Facebook.

I also didn't see a point in having social media until I was 17 so I missed out on MySpace. Just an FYI.

Report Topic

83 Replies

Sort Replies:

Hi everybody ^.^

My nickname is Ebby. I’m a 30yr spooky,goofball pothead munchkin. I love to make others smile and laugh. A bit awkward and shy at first but very social once I feel comfortable. A few of my favorite bands are Nirvana,Bullet For My Valentine,Deftones, Slipknot and Paramore. Favorite Anime is One Piece. I wear a locked collar from my boyfriend who I love very much. Here to make adu alternative platonic life long friendships and maybe I’m lucky my own straw hat crew <3

Report Reply

Reply by f3rn ☆

posted
updated

heyy i'm fern, i'm nonbinary and prefer they/he pronouns, i'm 18 turning 19 in july. i mostly hear punk or goth music, especially german punk since i am from austria =), i'm looking to find alternative friends with similar beliefs :) feel free to chat me pls

Report Reply

Reply by Vamp

posted
updated

OMG Hiiii love this app and totes looking for some online friends and maybe some peoples to play OW withs!! Im 17! My name is Vee!! Totes hit me up in my DMs! <3 luv you peeps! ALSO she/her!

Report Reply

Reply by tothewinter

posted

im donovan im 13 id consider my self a baby bat and punk  im from the usa . the way i got into goth music is funny . i was into britpop . and then it led into me learning like alot about british music history lol . my favorite bands goth and not goth are depeche mode, peter murphy , cocteau twins , placebo , manic street preachers and suede , if your around my age add me if you wanna be buddies 

Report Reply

Reply by Karrzz

posted

Hello im Karrzz! im a teenage girl thats super into punk and thrash metal. my top bands are Megadeth, Su!c!@l Tendencies, The Misfits, and Korn. I go by She/her pronouns and im hoping to find more teenagers with my interests

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖓!!♦️♠️🧷

posted
updated

Hey guys!! 

I'm Dean/Dee,  a teenager from the USA over here. I'm big into a lot of alt/goth/punk bands, especially the classics in the vein of Siouxsie And The Banshees and The Damned and such. (.... See my bio for more?) Looking for any goth/alt buddies around my age? No one over 20 or so please [:

I'm also really into DIYing stuff !!! Would love to talk to anyone about that aspect of alt culture. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kennadi

posted

hi guys, im 18 yrs old and im really interested in gothic culture as a whole. i dont really care for labels and stuff but ig i consider myself a baby bat every now and then. my favorite goth bands r sisters of mercy, rosegarden funeral party and this newer band called haunt me. im def open to band recs and meeting other baby bats or ppl who have been goth for a while but please dont be older than 25 and im not trying to befriend anyone still under 14 either!

Report Reply

Reply by Reece_In_Peace✰

posted
updated

Hey everybody!

I'm Reece, from north England. I've been apart of the subculture since I was 12/13. I'm 23 now!

I haven't been to that many concerts, but I ADORED The Cure in December 2022 and went to see Voltaire in May 2023, Skeletal Family in my hometown. I frequent goth/gothic events in my hometown. 

I am an artist and I make things to! even though I adore all goth music I do have a soft spot for things emo. 

My aim is to help fellow goth or those interested! 

Report Reply

Reply by Alishia

posted
updated

name: Alishia!

nicknames: Ali, Ayesha, Alyx, Aleci, Alyxes, Alyi

Style: Scene + Emo (I switch from both)

pronouns: She/Her!

(pls add me i need more friendz)

Report Reply

Reply by Val

posted

Hello 

Im Val (he/him) im 14 from kazakhstan 

Im not sure what specific subculture Im in 
(i dress mostly emo, i listen to goth metal, electronic and ounk music so yea)

I want to meet more cool alternative people here 

Report Reply

Reply by WitchGoblin

posted

hi im Nex, he/they/it/she pronouns, im 17, not really goth more-so a fucked up love child of grunge and punk, but i do have my witchy vampire moments. im really into art, writting, music, fashion, horror, and anything creative really. hope we get along

Report Reply

Reply by SwampBatz

posted
updated

I'm Dilan! I'm in Canada, 22, I'm a baby-bat. Currently, I've been building my trad-goth/ mall-goth wardrobe, but one day I hope its a mix of a bunch of goth fashions. My top bands right now are; The Cure, Clan of Xymox, Lebanon Hanover, Mareux, Type O Negative, and Depeche Mode. 

jusstt missed myspace by the time I got any social media, and I'm not the biggest fan of the modern ones, so I'm really loving this site so far! I'm nervous as all hell, but say hi!

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ Rike ☆

posted
updated

Hey everyone! <3
I'm Rike (she/they), 23 & from Germany. I'd describe myself as both goth & a metalhead, as I have a burning love for both subcultures & music!
I've been intrigued by the mysterious and darker things in life ever since I can remember -- I always wanted to create magic for myself where life lacked it.

I love fantasy, writing, reading, DnD, going to museums, music and gaming.
I've been in alternative spaces (albeit online mostly as I've grown up in a very rural area) and ever since I moved out and to a bigger city, I've slowly become involved in the local alternative & goth scene.

That all being said, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Report Reply

Reply by Xav

posted

I'm 22 and use he/they pronouns. I don't always wear black either but most of my clothes are black xD I'm more into trad goth fashion-wise (probably because most of the music I listen to is 80s or 80s-like), but I also like Gothic Lolita. Depeche Mode is my favorite band! I saw Molchat Doma this year, I'm seeing The Cure soon, and I'll see Depeche Mode in the fall (not to brag aaaa). I'm a big fan of cemeteries and it makes me so sad when I see photos of goths sitting on the headstones, it's very disrespectful and will cause the stone to shift :(

Report Reply

Reply by kade

posted

hello!! i'm liam and i'm 13 years old. i joined this group because i don't see a whole lot of spaces for goths on the internet

Report Reply

Reply by corpse.exploder

posted
updated

hi, im jezebel, i've been in the goth scene for about a year and i've been a metalhead for longer. My top 5 bands i listen to are avatar, ghost, spiritbox, switchblade symphony, and nightwish. 

Report Reply

Reply by not_ur_dream_boy

posted
updated

I’m ash, he/they, 16 almost 17, I’m new to the goth subculture to please don’t be mean to me, my favorite goth bands are probably type o negative and the cure, and I’m enjoying strawberry switchblade though I haven’t listened to much of their stuff. My favorite non goth music is probably waterparks, fall out boy, and Taylor swift. I enjoy fashion and subculture and that was the main thing that drew me to the goth community. Uhhhh I’m about to enter my last year of highschool and want to go to fashion school. I also enjoy playing dnd. I guess that’s it :3

Report Reply

Reply by Nolan Astaroth

posted

Hi! I'm Nolan and I'm 16. I only just got into the goth subculture a few months ago but my parents were huge fans of gothic music when they were young in the 80s. I live in South Carolina, US and my favorite bands are bauhaus, malice mizer and the cure :)

Report Reply

Reply by Allegra

posted
updated

Hello!!!!!!!! I'm Allegra!
I'm into goth, metal, punk and emo styles. However, I mostly interested in goth themes. 
My top goth bands are:

DEPECHE MOD(/▽\*)。o○♡
Sisters of Mercy (i got to their concert once hehe)

Marilyn Manson
7 Inch Nails
Bauhaus 
Basement
The Cure (obv lol)

Some general info XD:
I'm 18!! unfortunately wasn't there for myspace. I'm from New Zealand.... lonely lonely new zealand ): Any pronouns!! And my triggers are eye pulling >< and i have a fear of moths (I KNOW not very goth of me. (T▽T) And I have been goth since 2019. tbh been a tomboy/alt kid since young lol. 

Might add to this more later (:
Loves

Report Reply

Reply by daniela

posted

Hello, I'm Daniela but you can call me Dani. I'm 16, and would love new friends to share music and makeup tips with :}

Report Reply

Reply by Jords ✞

posted
updated

Hello I’m jords I’m 15!! I’ve been obsessed with the gothic community since 2021. So I’m a baby bat still trying to learn!!

Report Reply

Reply by zee

posted

hello! i'm zee, i'm 21, and although i do already know quite a lot of goth/goth-adjacent bands i am always welcome to any recommendations! i am very shy and only have one friend in real life, my bf, due to social anxiety and living somewhere with no real alternative scene so i'm looking to make new friends with similar or completely opposite interests as i am open to learning about all sorts of different people. i was raised by a witch so i've always been into the weirder side of life and my mom loves to joke i was "born goth" due to being a very creepy child and being influenced by her music taste as a child. i am not a fan of gatekeepers or elitists so i am completely fine talking to people who have been in the subculture for years or only just started being curious about it :)

Report Reply

Reply by D34d_m0u53

posted

hey im Kn1v3s, im 16 im a metal head!! and i enjoy the goth subculture, im currently doing my research about goth and ive been listening to the music for a little over 2 years but i still have stuff to learn. my pronouns are they/them and i hope to make friends here

Report Reply

Reply by Draugr98

posted

Heyo every,  I'm 24 male from the USA. I'm a big fan of goth, metal, and industrial music. Some favorite bands are diva destruction,  chiasm, ayria, selofan, and the cure. 

I also like horror movies from the 80s, thought sadly I haven't watched one in a while.  Feel free to add me and hmu. I'm always down to chat about movies, bands, or just learn about other people!

Report Reply

Reply by ✩°alohi。⋆⸜ 🎧

posted

hiii ૮ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ა

im ren, i'm 19 & i play electric guitar !!

Report Reply

Reply by Ell

posted

Hello my name is Ell and my pronouns are they/them I am from the US and I'm 14years old 

I enjoy making Kandi and crocheting and I like listing to bands such as siouxsie and the banshees,Korn, system of a down , iron maiden, Gorillaz,bad religion , green day and slipknot 

my favorite things are Peace tea, mothman, undertale, outer space, weird stuff, furbies, animal bones

I don't like people who are assholes to people who are actually happy, people who bark at other people minding their own business, homophobic people, transphobia  

Report Reply

Reply by OrpheusCadaverous

posted

Hello! i am Toma and i am a 19 year old trans man(he/they) looking for friends :)

I love horror, i am an artist, i also am learning to produce music and DJ

I am an avid lover of goth music, my favorite being gothic rock, but i also love darkwave, deathrock, post-punk, coldwave, etc.

Report Reply

Reply by deaddolly

posted

im mina. im 19 , chicana, and im from california :) 

Report Reply

Reply by upirwitch

posted

Hey! My name is Ian, I'm in my 20's and use he/him.

Been into the culture for quite some time, but was never able to express via clothing/looks until recently. Stoked to be able to do that now.

Love going to local gigs for new artist and I also enjoy diy-ing clothes

Report Reply

Reply by asia₊‧°𐐪♡𐑂°‧₊dyers

posted

hello :) i'm 27 from london

Report Reply

Reply by Doc

posted

hi all, i'm doc, i'm a 25 year old nb who has been identifying as goth for quite some time now. hoping to make more friends in the subculture in a chill environment that isn't so clique-y. this seems like a good place to start. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kai

posted

Hey everyone! I'm Kai, I'm 20 and I go by he/him pronouns. I'm from the greater Minneapolis-St. Paul area of Minnesota in the US.

I've been into the trad goth aesthetic, gothic rock and many of its related and adjacent genres ever since I was in my early teens. I don't dress in a way that scream "I AM GOTH" but I have identified as one for the past many years. The goth and goth-adjacent bands and musicians I like the most are:

Cocteau Twins

Sad Lovers & Giants

The Chameleons UK

The Cure

Lowlife (UK band from the 80s)

Bauhaus

Depeche Mode

The Mission UK

The Sisters Of Mercy

Dead Can Dance

Anyone is welcome to check out my page and send me a message!

Cheers, - Kai

Report Reply

Reply by Nancy

posted

Hii I'm nancy, 15, from LA county. I'm a bit of a baby bat, my favorite bands are pulp, depeche mode, radiohead, the cure, siouxsie and the banshees, and roxy music. I'm currently obsessed with Hamlet (idk it surprised me too), and im just about the biggest lesbian stereotype out there, if a bit on the femme side. 

I'm a Gemini sun, taurus moon, and sag rising. I know a bit too much about mbti bullshit, i'm an infp 4w5 elvf. I take a class on the history of rock and roll and like acting.

Report Reply

Reply by Chemical Fiend 击

posted

Hi! 

Online i go by Fiend and use any pronouns. Im 16yrs old and live in Australia. Im into my small local punk scene and want to find other humanz that listen to simlar music and have similar interests =) 

Report Reply

Reply by Sinead

posted

Hii!! Im sinead! I think of my style as somewhat gothic. I guess…… Anyways I collect vinyl and I lobbbvvvveererr music. I go by she/he pronouns. I like muse,deftones,the smiths, the cure (love), U2, the clash, joy division, and new order. I’d love if we got to know each other better!! :p

Report Reply

Reply by Dahlia Nocturna

posted
updated

I’m Mistress, 23yo, they/them, on the autism spectrum🖤

I’m a Gemini Rising and Sun with Scorpio Moon.

I’m mostly a traditional goth with a love for Bauhaus and Depeche Mode. I have a endless array of hobbies and special interests. I work in the nightlife as a dancer|entertainer|hot person. I value  honesty and friendship. I’m looking for a better form of social media sans the Meta. 

XxMistressxX

Report Reply

Reply by Mystic

posted

Hi all! I'm Mystic. 32.  I'm a Lakota two-spirit and working on slowly becoming a Dj. I twitch stream and also make beaded spider earrings. 

Report Reply

Reply by Aloysius

posted

Hey!

I'm Aloysius but most call me Aloïs or Al & I use He/It/Rat pronouns. I'm 17 and French but currently living in England.

I love: ARGs, weird internet lore, rats and ofc my partner<3

Looking to meet more people in the alternative scene, I'd mostly consider myself a metalhead/goth at the moment but my style changes a lot and I have the most atrocious taste in music XD I listen to anything from rap and country all the way to dsbm and noise

Feel free to add me & send me an IM we could be friends!

≧◡≦

Report Reply

Reply by octoberghosty

posted

hi!!! Im October! I go by he/they pronouns, Im 15, and my favorite band (which i think is super mega underated) is O. Children!!

Report Reply

Reply by R3NTZ

posted

I'm 16 and genderfluid, but 80% of time I'm a dude. I love goth music the gothic subculture that comes with it. I'm in love with horror comics and all things spooky and my favroite band is the scary b!tches. 

Report Reply

Reply by Poptartcat !!≧◡≦

posted

Hi I'm ayanna  I'm 13 and I really want more music suggestions so feel free to me me of you got anything!!

Report Reply

Reply by Leena

posted

Hello, I'm Leena, 38 yr old she/her enby from the USA. I've been a goth since I was at least 12 though I wasn't able to afford the outward aesthetic until about 30. I was just too poor in my 20s and in my teens, my parents thought it was too weird. When I finally was able to, it was like I was becoming myself for the first time.

I'm married, have a couple kids, own a house and a car, you know, all the things normal adults strive for... but with a twist. In fact, I kind of want to start a blog series called "Not Just a Phase" to sort of showcase what life as a middle-aged goth mom is like.

Report Reply

Reply by Kitty Von Velvet

posted

Hi everyone, I'm Kaitlyn, I am a pansexual trans woman who is into all things goth!

Report Reply

Reply by xXQu33r_B0ngXx

posted

Im new to the group and even though my account is old just started really getting into the site!! Im 23 and didnt really get into myspace and other social media as a teen but trying to now and want to make friends!! I really want active friends and to enjoy this site more so hi hi!! I use he/they/it pronouns. 

Report Reply

Reply by V Niki

posted

I'm V Niki, 19 and genderfluid. Raised in the alt scene then immersed myself into goth and scene subcultures, mainly just the music and makeup, but slowly into the fashion as well. I'm pretty chill, most of the time. 

Report Reply

Reply by SLEEPYG0TH☆

posted

hihi !! im Sleepy <3 im 19 abt to b 20 dis month, im in the USA + im black and bisexual :]

im a bit of a baby bat but i’ve been active in the goth subculture for several years + i like to describe my style as romantic goth ? im still stuck in my emo phase tho so i throw in a lil bit of tht too >< 

im a digital artist, if ur interested in some art my prices r on my profile :D !! 🖤⁺˖

Report Reply

Reply by Raven (◍•ᴗ•◍)

posted

heyo! i'm raven, 24 currently residing in ohio. they/them c:

my boyfriend was a goth in his teens/twenties and i've kinda adopted the lifestyle part-time though i kinda grew up in the punk/emo scenes. i love dressing up in goth gear and the music is great! i'm big into new wave/adjacent genres especially (the cure, new order, DEVO)

i'm particularly interested in the kink subscene of goth

feel free to add me if 18+ or say hello!! :3

Report Reply

Reply by ollie

posted

Haeyo!

My name is Oliver/Rot, I'm eighteen, my pronouns are he/they plus some neos
I don't know if I would explicitly consider myself goth, I am definitely in some sort of alt subculture, probably many as my aesthetic changes every day based on my mood. I mostly dress in mall goth, bimbocore, pastel, or Victorian/Renaissance-esque styles, and I'm known to dip into corpse paint or tradgoth fashion occasionally.  I never had myspace, considering at it's peak I was four lmao

Report Reply

Reply by headhunterxd

posted

hello! i'm Venus i'm from Finland and i'm 16 (he/they)

i like most of the "alt" subcultures but i'm mostly in to metal and punk

Report Reply

i'm devin, she/her, 22

i live in the usa
i categorize myself as more of a pastel/neon goth type shit lmao
but i don't really like labels, my style varies depending on my mood :)
i love body mods. i have 1 tattoo and 10 piercings
my music taste is very diverse. ranges from rock, metal, EDM, even pop and country.
i'm a social butterfly so feel free to friend me~

Report Reply