« Back to the Gothic and Alternative Community Forum

Introduction Thread

So because I'm a bit too laid back as a moderator, I forgot to post a forum thread where we introduce ourselves. If you want.

I will go first, I am an Aussie in their mid 20s. I am Non-Binary and I started this group because one of the things I admittedly owe to Facebook is looking at Goth groups on there introduced me to friends after about 7 years of being socially isolated in school. I kind of want to bring that to Spacehey minus the shit that comes with Facebook.

I also didn't see a point in having social media until I was 17 so I missed out on MySpace. Just an FYI.

Report Topic

83 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by LivingDeadGirl

posted

Hey y'all I'm 42 in the good ole USA. I consider myself to be goth though I'm not what I call to be stereotype goth. I don't always wear black -gasps- shocking I know lol 

I had MySpace for about 6 months then I deleted due to all the baby momma drama. I have Facebook where there's no drama whatsoever. 

Happy to be here and I'm gonna close now before this turns into a book lol 

Report Reply

Reply by Toxic

posted
updated

The name is Elena 

But you can call me toxic
I am 32 looking for friends
And hoping to meet awesome people
I am from Ottawa Canada 
Artist, writer, musician, 

Report Reply

Reply by DarkMiryam

posted

Hi everybody!
I'm Miryam from Italy, 40 years old but and in love with dark wave, EBM, gothic metal and all the possible obscure music of this world! 
I started listening to dark wave when I was a child, listening to the radio and falling in love with groups like Sister Of Mercy, Depeche Mode, The Cure, Joy Division and so on. I couldn't give a name to that music but I immediately understood that it was giving me good vibes. 
In the meanwhile, I always had a big passion for legends, paranormal and horror, themes that are among my main interests even now.
And I love color black, I always wear black clothes, no matter where they are from - I'm not into buying expensive clothes, I usually prefer secondhand markets/shops. 
If you want to know more something about me you can check my profile or simply ask under this post. 
Thanks a lot for creating this group!!! 

Report Reply

Reply by Petals And Thorns

posted

Thank you so much for creating this group!!🌹🖤

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ SARAH ☆

posted

Hey! 

I'm Sarah and I'm 32.

Report Reply

Reply by t0xicctraashx

posted

Hey I'm krisse. I'm 27. I'm looking to meet some new cool alt. friends. Ig: @t0xicctraashx

Report Reply

Reply by Jesse the Destroyer

posted
updated

Hey everyone my name is Jesse, I'm currently 25, live in the US. and am looking to make some new friends.

Report Reply

Reply by Sam'sMissing

posted

Hi my name is Sam I'm 13yo lol a child, i like the punk subculture and I'm looking for friends bc I can't socialize out of the internet :} sooo I'm Brazilian so sorry if I write something wrong :P 

Report Reply

Reply by karma <3

posted

hiii i’m karma, i am 15, they/she pronouns (non-binary!!) 

Report Reply

Reply by 💚elton💚

posted

hi i’m elton! i’m 16 and am from arizona. i use he/they pronouns!

Report Reply

Reply by Squirrel

posted

Yo I’m Squirrel. I’m a transmasc 

I’ve been a goth since I was ten (you can blame the Addams Family movies)
I’m part of other alternative subcultures.
My preferred fashion tastes are essentially Vampire. But I’m also into very flowy and loose clothing. And there isn’t a community around me really. 

Report Reply

Reply by Squirrel

posted

Yo I’m Squirrel. I’m a transmasc 

I’ve been a goth since I was ten (you can blame the Addams Family movies)
I’m part of other alternative subcultures.
My preferred fashion tastes are essentially Vampire. But I’m also into very flowy and loose clothing. And there isn’t a community around me really. 

Report Reply

Reply by felix

posted

hey im felix, 15 and im very new to all of this. ive enjoyed goth fashion and aethetics ever since i first discovered it on the internet but i've only gotten into goth music and culture a few months ago. i hope i can educate myself a little more here and meet some cool people

Report Reply

Reply by Hisui

posted

Hi! I’m 27, she/her.  I was an Emo kid back in the mid 2000s-2010s, but I’ve grown more into the goth aesthetic as I’ve gotten older. I’m more of a… psychedelic hippie goth? If that’s a thing.  I’ve always loved all the different subsets of goth, like pastel goth.  So I hope I’m still welcome here even though I don’t fall under the traditional goth umbrella. 

Report Reply

Reply by DarkMiryam

posted

@Hisui not "traditional"? I am a goth who does rap music. As you can see you're not alone xD Welcome on board!

Report Reply

Reply by eight

posted

im eight im 26 use any pronouns and im from portland. tbh seeing this inspired me to check facebook n join a group there since i dont think theres currently enuf ppl from portland on here to hang with. but i still wanna talk to ppl online lol

this is weird but i dont typically talk abt music... i just listen to it. maybe i will but idk its just hard ppl have involved me in so many impromptu pissing contests, but if i see anything here i probably have listened to it or will soon

Report Reply

Reply by JazzyBell

posted
updated

Hey guys!
You can call me Jas, I'm 24 years old and I'm From NYC. 

My pronouns are She/Her. 

My mom got me my first computer when I was in 2nd grade and by the time I was in 4th grade around 2007/2008 I joined Myspace. My classmates and I used to talk to each other on Myspace. Myspace is also the reason I'm still going through my emo phase lol. 

I'm excited to be on spacehey, to join this group, and become friends with everyone :)

Report Reply

Reply by Puddin'

posted

Greetings all,

Report Reply

Reply by m0n5t3r4dd1ctf4gg0t (Smith) [THOT #4]

posted

Hey, I'm Onyx (I also go by Saturn but prefer Onyx). I'm 14 from the U.S. and my pronouns are he/they

Report Reply

Reply by ▊Lyth ▊

posted

My name's Kyra. I'm 33 from WV. Hello all 

Report Reply

Reply by madmaxxx

posted
updated

Greeting fellow corpses! its wonderful to meet you all. I am 22, from Hawaii and I kinda grew up in a very alternative scene/community but I do remember starting to idolize scene queens, become obsessed with london's 80s goth music and started dying my hair around 2008/09 hahaha Aloha :p

ps the homies call me jazz or corpse bc what is sleep and i use all pronouns 

Report Reply

ℌ𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶𝔬𝔫𝔢! 𝔜𝔬𝔲 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔢 𝔟𝔶 𝔪𝔶 𝔲𝔰𝔢𝔯. 𝔦𝔪 19 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔞𝔩𝔴𝔞𝔶𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔢 𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢 1𝔰𝔱 𝔤𝔯𝔞𝔡𝔢. 𝔦 𝔡𝔬𝔫𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔪𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔠𝔢𝔯𝔱 𝔢𝔵𝔭𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔦𝔪 𝔥𝔬𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔩𝔬𝔱𝔰 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔠𝔬𝔳𝔦𝔡 𝔡𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 :D

Report Reply

Reply by Jimmy Elton

posted

Greetings, I'm Jimmy, 19, from the US. I wouldn't say I'm 100% part of any sort of subculture but some of my non-musical interests are quite gothlike, so I'd really like to learn more. And if I don't end up part of a specific scene I'd at least like to make some interesting friends along the way. If anyone has good resources (books, films, websites, music to check out, etc) please let me know!

Report Reply

Reply by Turkleton

posted

I'm Turk. He/him.

I just found out about this website today, so I joined. I'm into all the same spooky goth shit as everyone else here, hahaha. 

Report Reply

Reply by Molly <3

posted

Heyhey I’m molly! I’m 16 and I’m from the uk my pronouns are she/they 

Report Reply

Reply by talia

posted

hii im talia, im 14 and live in ireland. i love all things goth, currently really into black metal :) visit my profile for more info!! (^_^♪)

Report Reply

Reply by Lastenia

posted

Heyy I'm Lastenia of you can't say it then say L i don't mind either is fine I'm 15 and i live in Cali and i go by they/them/she/her

Report Reply

Reply by Lastenia

posted

Heyy I'm Lastenia of you can't say it then say L i don't mind either is fine I'm 15 and i live in Cali and i go by they/them/she/her

Report Reply

Reply by Bugzip

posted

Hey I'm Thea-15-Non binary

Ig I could be considered a metalhead.
just wanting to connect with people ig
I play electric guitar and like to diy clothes etc.

Report Reply

Reply by Bumble Bee

posted

hiiiii my names Bee and I'm 17.

I paint surreal spooky art and play bass guitar in a band 
:)))))

Report Reply

Reply by Ren

posted

hi I am ser, im 17, and I follow grunge subculture and riot grrrl subculture too!

im autistic and love horror, so im also major into horror styles etc and try to do makeup and subcultures like it :)

Report Reply

Reply by Ren

posted

hi I am ser, im 17, and I follow grunge subculture and riot grrrl subculture too!

im autistic and love horror, so im also major into horror styles etc and try to do makeup and subcultures like it :)

Report Reply

Reply by ciel

posted

hi ! im ciel, im 15 and i dont really identify as anything but im transmasc :) ive been listening to gothic music since i was abou 5 i think? i grew up with it x) looking for goth friends!!

Report Reply

i'm devin, she/her, 22

i live in the usa
i categorize myself as more of a pastel/neon goth type shit lmao
but i don't really like labels, my style varies depending on my mood :)
i love body mods. i have 1 tattoo and 10 piercings
my music taste is very diverse. ranges from rock, metal, EDM, even pop and country.
i'm a social butterfly so feel free to friend me~

Report Reply

Reply by headhunterxd

posted

hello! i'm Venus i'm from Finland and i'm 16 (he/they)

i like most of the "alt" subcultures but i'm mostly in to metal and punk

Report Reply

Reply by ollie

posted

Haeyo!

My name is Oliver/Rot, I'm eighteen, my pronouns are he/they plus some neos
I don't know if I would explicitly consider myself goth, I am definitely in some sort of alt subculture, probably many as my aesthetic changes every day based on my mood. I mostly dress in mall goth, bimbocore, pastel, or Victorian/Renaissance-esque styles, and I'm known to dip into corpse paint or tradgoth fashion occasionally.  I never had myspace, considering at it's peak I was four lmao

Report Reply

Reply by Raven (◍•ᴗ•◍)

posted

heyo! i'm raven, 24 currently residing in ohio. they/them c:

my boyfriend was a goth in his teens/twenties and i've kinda adopted the lifestyle part-time though i kinda grew up in the punk/emo scenes. i love dressing up in goth gear and the music is great! i'm big into new wave/adjacent genres especially (the cure, new order, DEVO)

i'm particularly interested in the kink subscene of goth

feel free to add me if 18+ or say hello!! :3

Report Reply

Reply by SLEEPYG0TH☆

posted

hihi !! im Sleepy <3 im 19 abt to b 20 dis month, im in the USA + im black and bisexual :]

im a bit of a baby bat but i’ve been active in the goth subculture for several years + i like to describe my style as romantic goth ? im still stuck in my emo phase tho so i throw in a lil bit of tht too >< 

im a digital artist, if ur interested in some art my prices r on my profile :D !! 🖤⁺˖

Report Reply

Reply by V Niki

posted

I'm V Niki, 19 and genderfluid. Raised in the alt scene then immersed myself into goth and scene subcultures, mainly just the music and makeup, but slowly into the fashion as well. I'm pretty chill, most of the time. 

Report Reply

Reply by xXQu33r_B0ngXx

posted

Im new to the group and even though my account is old just started really getting into the site!! Im 23 and didnt really get into myspace and other social media as a teen but trying to now and want to make friends!! I really want active friends and to enjoy this site more so hi hi!! I use he/they/it pronouns. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kitty Von Velvet

posted

Hi everyone, I'm Kaitlyn, I am a pansexual trans woman who is into all things goth!

Report Reply

Reply by Leena

posted

Hello, I'm Leena, 38 yr old she/her enby from the USA. I've been a goth since I was at least 12 though I wasn't able to afford the outward aesthetic until about 30. I was just too poor in my 20s and in my teens, my parents thought it was too weird. When I finally was able to, it was like I was becoming myself for the first time.

I'm married, have a couple kids, own a house and a car, you know, all the things normal adults strive for... but with a twist. In fact, I kind of want to start a blog series called "Not Just a Phase" to sort of showcase what life as a middle-aged goth mom is like.

Report Reply

Reply by Poptartcat !!≧◡≦

posted

Hi I'm ayanna  I'm 13 and I really want more music suggestions so feel free to me me of you got anything!!

Report Reply

Reply by R3NTZ

posted

I'm 16 and genderfluid, but 80% of time I'm a dude. I love goth music the gothic subculture that comes with it. I'm in love with horror comics and all things spooky and my favroite band is the scary b!tches. 

Report Reply

Reply by octoberghosty

posted

hi!!! Im October! I go by he/they pronouns, Im 15, and my favorite band (which i think is super mega underated) is O. Children!!

Report Reply

Reply by Aloysius

posted

Hey!

I'm Aloysius but most call me Aloïs or Al & I use He/It/Rat pronouns. I'm 17 and French but currently living in England.

I love: ARGs, weird internet lore, rats and ofc my partner<3

Looking to meet more people in the alternative scene, I'd mostly consider myself a metalhead/goth at the moment but my style changes a lot and I have the most atrocious taste in music XD I listen to anything from rap and country all the way to dsbm and noise

Feel free to add me & send me an IM we could be friends!

≧◡≦

Report Reply

Reply by Mystic

posted

Hi all! I'm Mystic. 32.  I'm a Lakota two-spirit and working on slowly becoming a Dj. I twitch stream and also make beaded spider earrings. 

Report Reply

Reply by Dahlia Nocturna

posted
updated

I’m Mistress, 23yo, they/them, on the autism spectrum🖤

I’m a Gemini Rising and Sun with Scorpio Moon.

I’m mostly a traditional goth with a love for Bauhaus and Depeche Mode. I have a endless array of hobbies and special interests. I work in the nightlife as a dancer|entertainer|hot person. I value  honesty and friendship. I’m looking for a better form of social media sans the Meta. 

XxMistressxX

Report Reply

Reply by Sinead

posted

Hii!! Im sinead! I think of my style as somewhat gothic. I guess…… Anyways I collect vinyl and I lobbbvvvveererr music. I go by she/he pronouns. I like muse,deftones,the smiths, the cure (love), U2, the clash, joy division, and new order. I’d love if we got to know each other better!! :p

Report Reply

Reply by Chemical Fiend 击

posted

Hi! 

Online i go by Fiend and use any pronouns. Im 16yrs old and live in Australia. Im into my small local punk scene and want to find other humanz that listen to simlar music and have similar interests =) 

Report Reply