Topic: Coming Out Stories

Sort Replies:

Reply by Bleu<3

posted

I honestly just told my mom straight up and she didn't seen to mind. When I came out to teachers they all were super supportive. Especially my old English teacher. She was the second person I told because I know she's a safe place. I really appreciate what supportive people I have and I'm really thankful for it because I know not everyone has that and I want to be that safe place for people someday even if it's only one person

Report Reply

Reply by TRIXX

posted

So, I didn't come out technically, I was outed by a friend's dad. 

I had come out to a group of friend on snapchat and we usually didn't save our chats because we knew that one of our friend's dad would go through her phone. What happened is before I closed out of the group chat I must've accidentally saved it. So of course, when our friend's dad went through her phone, that's what he saw. He told my mother, that told my grandmother (who I live with). I got lectured by my mother about "how I dared" to identify as anything other than what I was born as. She told me over a facetime call that she supports the LQBTQIA community, but that being non-binary isn't real, and that if I continued to identify as this she would have "no choice" but to admit me into psych ward because "I must have schizophrenia to think of myself like this." So of course the consequences of being comfortable with my identity was basically all social media was taken away, parental controls were put on my phone (I use my computer for everything now), and I'm not allowed to see certain people anymore because they will "influence more of this behavior." I only have a  few more years until I move out thankfully.

Report Reply

Reply by madmaxxx

posted

I've never had to "come out" people just know I'm GAY AF but I have a funny story.

My younger brother is a gamer and talks like an asshole to the people he games with and one day my stepdad was calling him a fag because he only plays with guys or something idk but I just said "and what if he is a faggot, what does that make you? a fucking piece of dirt stuck in my big toe" (that is just my fav insult) and he said something like if my kid is gay I already am because of you asshole. I just thinks this is funny and it was the first time anyone in my family acknowledged my sexuality. I feel like my family accepted me from a young age but no one talked about it until very recently.

Report Reply

Reply by Rat_Filled_Cabinet

posted

I came out to my mum as demisexual on the 11th of October. I learned only some hours later that on this date is the national coming out day.

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Stanley Marsh!

posted

Came out to my babysitter and i told her i’m to scared to tell my grandma that i was Bisexual and specifically told her not to tell my grandma…when grandma arrived to pick me up the babysitter told my grandma that i had something to say…and my grandma was ok with me being bisexual.

(Not a source memory)

-Will📹

Report Reply

Reply by L0nd0n<3

posted

When i was 10 i ran away from home for 5 hours with a girl i ended up dating 4 months after i ran away but back to the story, so my dad wanted me to write a letter to my mum (theyre divorced) telling her why i did it so i said "i didnt think youd except me as a Lesbian " and tbh i dont care if she excepted me or not but i just used that as an excuse and thats how i came out.

Report Reply

Reply by scenemo.mess666

posted

trans 12 

i wanted to play a board game to come out no one else in my family did but i finally convinced them and as i was coming out my dad fell asleep and i had to recome out to him again.  and it turns out my mom is slightly and i mean slightly transphobic but aside from that its all good.

gay of some sort age 9

i just told them after my sister came out

then later on i realized i was a nonbinary lesbian

as kid i would have never thought i was trans or gay infact when i was 10 i thought 100% i was cis no way trans, but here i am :)

Report Reply

Reply by exeropsIII

posted

came out as lesbian on accident. Told my mom that my friend had asked me to the dance and she was like "What did you tell her?" to be fair I had dropped some hints along the way but she didn't seem to care. there wasn't like this whole display of affection and to be honest she didn't really react at all. My dad overheard and he just said "it's like a trend to be gay" lol...  haven't really talked about it since then other than when me and my mom got into an argument but that's another thing. I have yet to come out as transmasculine though because I know they wouldn't take it well. Even knowing I'm queer they still say homophobic+transphobic bs in front of my face. The rest of my family is just as bad. I just want to be me

Report Reply

Reply by Kori!!

posted

I came out around 2020 I was nervous cause I come from a highly religious christian family. I did it and it didn't go so well. My parents took all of my electronics away and said it was just a phase. A year later my mental health kept getting worse due to a lotta sh1t happening in my home life and they ended up accepting me around October 2021 but I'll never be forgetting the yelling and the disrespect they gave me before. I'm happy they accept me but it should have not taken a mental health decline to be accepted. :/

Report Reply

Reply by xXkf100Xx

posted

i came out as bisexual just a couple weeks ago...

some of my family accepts me but my friends dont rlly talk to me that much am i in the wrong?

Report Reply

Reply by ✠ 𞥇 Victori̲a̲.

posted

With my mother, she had no problem with it at all but with my father, he found out since I kissed a so-called friend of mine even though he was my boyfriend at the time and he was transgender FTM and my dad was being homophobic about it

Report Reply

Uhm.. Well I don't quite remember what me and my mom were talking about. But I ended up telling her I thought I liked my friend (Were not gonna say her name) but my mom looked at me for a moment. Got up, looked me in the eyes and said "Are you sure you like her?? I thought you only liked boys??" Funny thing is, about 10 minutes later she told me "It's just a phase. You'll grow out of it" And started trying to convince me not to like my friend. :/ 

and proceeded to try and tease me about girls for a day or two. Then told me I couldn't date any girls. and told me I couldn't like girls. :D So that's fun.. But all my friends know, and have excepted me, because most of them are the exact same. And get where i'm coming from. 

Report Reply

Reply by Ollie

posted

Honestly horrible when i came out as transgender my mom was strange about it she said "i accept you but i'm not gonna call you by oliver" she also didn't use he/him pronouns plus she told everyone else in the family she whispered about me on the phone to one of her friends i heard even say "i think its just a phase" she also stalked my instagram.

Another time is where i came out to my cousin she was out visiting we actually came out to each other shes told me she was bisexual and i was thank god so i told very nervously "i'm trans" and she said "oh really you know that makes a lot of since plus i knew you were a little fruity" that made me giggle and i asked said "i didn't know you were bisexual" and she was like "yeah i don't really tell this side of the family" so i honestly couldn't blame her so i said "yeahhh" than she asked me what name i go by so i said Oliver and than she told me she felt bad for all the times she dead named me and use the wrong pronouns she so sweet sad she had to go back home.

Report Reply

Reply by schab

posted
updated

so, its weird. also i didnt come out completely- so, i was playing bottle (i forgot how thats called-) and bottle flip with my guy friends, and they on the bottle flip game said "is zosia lesbian" and it turned that i am, and i was so embarrassed- ik its weird, but thats how they think i am lesb- 

Report Reply

Reply by WetSock

posted

I never liked the idea of coming out. Some of my family seems oblivious altho I don't intentionally hide it. I have bi pride flag buttons on stuff but I'm always talked to as if I'm straight. I just... never come out to anyone? It tends to be like, "That reminds of this thing that happened when I went to visit my ex girlfriend and-" "Wait, you had a girlfriend???" And I'm like????? Bruh I used to post her on instagram wym.

My mom finding out was so wholesome though. See, I'm still a christian (RLC) but I was raised with stricter beliefs, some of which were homophobic. Long talks with my mom when I was growing up made her question her own beliefs too, like we grew a lot together and she's genuinely so different now.

I had a best friend who I met online that I wanted to meet IRL once we were both adults. (less than a 2 year age gap don't worry) About a year and a half before that, her and I nearly dated. During this trip, I wanted to admit I still loved her but had moved on to get closure, but over time I realized she still had feelings for me too. We started holding hands and cuddling even with my mom around, who didn't know I was bi prior to that. My mom's only response was, "Oh, I didn't expect that." then her only concern was that she didn't know how I'd handle long distance. It was so casual.

She even helped us hide it from her dad. Like, my ex and I were in the back seats of the car holding hands and my mom casually warned us when she saw my exes dad. It was something like, "Oh, there's your dad," with a somewhat panicked look. It was so sweet, and it meant a lot to me. She never told my dad, so I'll probably do the same for him some day. If I date a girl I'll just introduce her as my girlfriend. Even if he gets mad, like idk man. You like women too so you should get it. And yeah... he's homophobic even though he pretends to be progressive lol.

Report Reply

Reply by ru may🌷

posted

my mama walked in and saw my pride flag on the floor but she was so so cool about it! super accepting and she said she had always had a feeling i was bi

Report Reply

Reply by sarahcrafter02

posted

I said eww to men too many times irl and in shows to the point where my mom finally asked me “are you gay?”. Looking back, I wasn’t very subtle. She’s one of the only supportive family members I have, the rest I haven’t came out to because they are very loud about their homophobia.

Report Reply

Reply by Felicjan

posted

Firstly before someone's will read it, please read warnings/trigger warning: Suic!de, sh

If you don't want to read about these stuff, it's only in first paragraph, so just skip it.

So, it was on the first day of winter break this year (January), i wanted to end this, but before that I texted to my ex to apologize to him that I can't do this anymore. Happily I'm still here but it's not the story. My ex mom called police and ambulance, they come to late (it was like 6 hours later) and well, my parents didn't take it well. Also they was angry because of the sh.

After that they started to question me about all this stuff, and tell shit like it will stay forever (like I didn't know), and they make me to come out as trans and bi (I'm gay, but i was to scared to tell it). I don't remember it well, but they didn't let me say anything else until I did it. They said they accept this, and they will use he/him pronouns and my chosen name.

Either way they still see me as deadname, and when I tried to correct my mom, my dad was yelling at me for "being stupid and using the not official name" and well, my mom still make fun of my interests and that I missed my ex because "it's femine". Later my ex-boyfriend decided to break up because he couldn't handle my mental health, and just two days ago we stopped being friends. It's sad because he was the only person who saw me as who I am, and not deadname.

Now I feel much better and when I will become 18 on 2nd June in 2024 I will move out, and for now I try to survive everyday and later, I want to life my best life as myself, and not someone everyone around me try to make me. Maybe it's still a year to life, but I will try no matter what, even when my parents don't accept me and my identity. I'm happy that some queer people have such accepting parents which still love and care for them, even after coming out, and they accept who they are. It's such good sign for society, that maybe everything will change for good. I still have some good friends, who maybe don't know much about it and accidentally misgender me many times, but I know they try to be supportive as much as they can.

Report Reply

Reply by metanoia

posted

If I'm gonna be honest.i just brought my gf home (we both identified with she/her at that time lol),, and my mom didn't question it.

My transness on the other hand..I told her she had a second Trans kid and she told me it was a phase lmao. And she told a friend of mine to not call me my preferred name (which I don't really prefer much anymore anyways)

Report Reply

Reply by Cat

posted

I told my mom about me being gay in the 5th grade, at first she didn’t mind it she even got me a flag but ever since I started dating only girls at the age of 12 she realized I’m too young to be gay (I’m a teenager.) every time my sibling says I’m gay when I do do something she says “no she’s not” so it’s been really hard on me these past 2-3 years.

Report Reply

Reply by Ash

posted

I came out to my therapist once… she told me she doesn’t wanna talk about people like me. Said it wasn’t important what I wanted. I had an identity crisis the next day and it was really bad:/ it still affects me.

Report Reply

Reply by sweet16teen

posted

Sooo, my only family is my mom and we're like not close at all so I don't ever intend on coming out to her, but the first time I ever came out to friends was the fourth grade It was recess and we were sitting in the grass and I was like "you guys, I think I like girls..." And nobody cared lol 

Report Reply

Reply by dean!!

posted

OH LAWWLLL okay so me and my bsf went to a duster w/ sour widows concert (june 17) and my friend had to go sit down so i told her that i'd try and save her spot w me in the crowd. duster was playing and I was crying so hard bc constellations started playing and it was so magical because I looked around me and saw all these gay people and for once in my life I felt like I belonged and that im allowed to feel these things. Me and my also lesbian bsf live in a super small and conservative village(it cant be considered a town im sorry XD) anyways- my whole body vibrated as i typed in a message to my mom because I was sobbing over the dam that had broken in my heart and i was so so so tired of hiding. I grew up thinkning there was no space for me to be here, that i shouldnt be allowed in w my family, "tainting my little sister", that i would for sure end up down there, and that i should just be normal. I also grew up having those "guilty pleasures" and as one of those weird kids who would always get gossiped abt. I waited until after the concert, shaking and abt to bawl once more. I kept pestering my bsf abt whether or not i should send the text. I slammed my thumb down on send and powered my phone all the way off. I was terrified as I powered it back on after we had gotten our merch from Sour Widows (beautiful band btw pls check them out!!!!!!!) and my mom sent me a series of texts. they were rlly short but she was accepting of it. i only came out as lesbian tho bc i dont think she would think too highly of me coming out as trans o_o 

Report Reply

Reply by ★H@rl3!gh★

posted

okie so i have three cause yaknow... people.  so the first one is my imidiate family. i was being bullied at school and some kid called me gay trash so me being me i told my mom that i was being bullied and she asked me what they said so i told her and she legit said  "well are you gay trash". she didnt care about my sexuality. then when i told my grandma she was in denial. and then i told my great grandma. she tried to get me re baptized. so overall decent.

Report Reply

Reply by TOMMY 𖤐

posted
updated

(TW: Sewer slide , SH)

Long story short my parents looked through my personal stuff and found out I was trans, told me I was too young to know and just straight up “you’re not trans” like wtf anyway I got really depressed for like two years until they looked through my stuff AGAIN and found out I felt soup a sildle and almost hurt myself because I wrote about in a desperate attempt for help. So any we had a long talk and they finally “accepted” me ig, but it did nothing and they still deadname me and misgender me and I don’t think I’ll ever forgive them for how terrible they made me feel, they didn’t even try to hide how much they didn’t want me being trans.

Report Reply

Reply by 𐌷ᕦᥥᒋჄ

posted

Coming out was really hard and that whenever I thought about coming out, my parents would make fun of gay people and kept making jokes. One time my mum randomly told me "I hope you aren't part of the LBGT" and i was like uhhhh. For like 2 years I was pretending all the gay jokes were funny but deep inside it just made me even more worried about their re.action and even ashamed of who I am. Anyway, I told my mum and she wasn't too bad? and then when my dad knew he apologised for all the things he said. =)

my mum doesn't believe me though. cus one time my brother reminded me that I was gay in front of the family (thanks btw) and my mum said "just let him be whatever he chooses"....ITS NOT A CHOICE. and she keeps trying to hook me up with girls so I don't really think she believes me lol.  

anyway sorry to bore you all...byee

Report Reply

Reply by 4iamaraindog2

posted
updated

TW: guns, threats

My story is pretty typical. I had been dating the same girl for over 7 months or so, and to my mom she was just a good friend obviously. I felt guilty about lying, and my girlfriend at the time said I should come out because she would come out to her parents too. She lied and never actually came out to her parents before we broke up about 5 months later. To be fair, her parents were a bit scarier than mine, but I felt misled. I would frequently sleep over at her house and worry if they saw us in the same bed then her dad would shoot me. We were rural kids in a conservative community so I didn’t really know what to expect from him. He owned a gun collection…

When I came out to my mom she FREAKED out. I was so stressed I could barely get the words out. At the time I came out as bisexual so her response was basically “you can still marry a man and have kids then?” I have no idea my dad’s response because I never told him myself. I’m sure he had a severe reaction. So yeah, it went pretty badly. My parents have never really tried to be the ally-types and only recently have started learning what they/them pronouns are. They’re headed the right direction, though. I can talk about my current girlfriend to them without looks of disgust. However, I’m still encouraged to not bring it up with my mostly left-leaning extended family… for some reason.

Edit: I was 17 when this happened.

Report Reply

Reply by ★asher★

posted

Coming out was fine I guess? 

I firstly kind of came out to my friends, they didnt mind it and I still wasn't sure about being trans

Maybe a little later I accidentally came out to my mum as trans and bi bcz I accidentally left my phone open and she saw it standing on it, she accepts me

Few weeks ster I came out to my school, was pretty fine I guess

Report Reply

Reply by G4TO_XD11118

posted

I i'ts was like 3:00 am and I say to my moder "mom, what do you think about non-binary people?"

it was like 2 hours of talking (was sooooooooooooooo boring).

Report Reply

Reply by Moss

posted

I've known that i was queer since 2019

I would joke around about it with my family but didn't out right tell them because i felt as though i didn't have to. One day i made a joke with my brother to which my "father" said "alright i've had enough of this, tell me are you gay?" i said yes and didn't give anymore info about my sexual orientation. to which he said "okay as long as you aren't one of those trans gender people" this made me feel uncomfortable because i was going to mention how i started questioning my gender. as of now the only people that know are my boyfriend, some of my friends and one teacher at my school.

Report Reply

Reply by SpaceDino

posted

I don't really remember my coming out being that dramatic or anything. I just told my mum I had a gf, and she just said "that's great" lol. 

Report Reply

Reply by PsYdUcKfAnXD

posted

I came out to my mom as pansexual when I was thirteen. She said that she is absolutely okay with it. But she still jokes about me being a lesbian, thinking I'm straight...I think she forgot about my coming out. I didn't come out to my dad,cause he is quiet homophobic. I don't think I will ever will. Luckily my brother accepted me! I came out to him as demigirl as well. And he even refers to me by they/them pronouns :D

Report Reply

Reply by Evan Hyacinthe

posted

I came out during covid, probably the worst year of my life. I had already told a close friend of mine and one of my siblings. They both supported me and my sibling managed to convince me to tell my parents. I told my parents at the worst times. Not like time they were mad or upset at me but like right when they were doing something else. I told my dad first and he was fine with it. He honestly just sorta shrugged. I told my mom next and this lady cheered. Her reasoning for the cheering was that she had four kids and she knew one was going to be queer. I haven't come out as non-binary to my family, I have to my close friends though and they were really supportive so yay supportive friends!

Report Reply

Reply by Ferdinand

posted

I'm so thankful that I came out and don't remember it (in a positive way). I know and love my parents and they are/were accepting of me being ace. I don't really think they understand the genderfluid thing and I don't push that because I love them but I don't consider it a hugely active and present part of myself right now. I have ADHD, i'm sure I was a mess during the reveal and insanely nervous beforehand but my parents had always figured I wasn't interested in anyone because I never really expressed anything like that to them anyway. Everyone else I told, I barely remember but most of my friends had come out to me as something in some way before I did so it was just a "oh btw, update: im this" and the conversation was "yay! congrats! anyway". I know the honor and privilege I've had to be surrounded by a good family and friends and I am so thankful it is a big part of my life.

Report Reply

Reply by Thoms

posted

Salir del closet fue difícil, pero pensé que mi mamá sería una buena idea. Quiero decir, realmente pensé que ella no era transfóbica, pero aparentemente lo era. Se lo dije a él y a mi psicóloga... él actuó muy normal con mi psicóloga y realmente me hizo pensar que me aceptaba. Cuando salimos de la consulta del psicólogo no me dijo nada. LITERALMENTE NADA ella solo me dio la espalda, en este punto yo estaba llorando porque ella hizo lo mismo cuando yo era pequeña, dándome la espalda porque hice algo que a ella no le gustó.

On the way home she could only say transphobic shit, the rest is summed up by her kicking me out of the house and making me promise not to be a boy, I really don't know if I can call her "mother" after all

Report Reply

Reply by MakNotMcK

posted

I had a feeling I was not straight but not sure what I was.  I didn't know there was other labels other than straight, gay, lesbian. It started in 6th grade but I was in denial until senior year.  I first came out to my boyfriend (now husband) and I was worried.  I grew up in the bible belt and a lot of people in my hometown are homophobic.  I also thought my boyfriend would think I was cheating on him or break up with me for not being straight.  When I told him, he "haha bi as in bicycle" and I knew he accepted me and love me.  When I told my parents, I was more worried they didn't understand what being bisexual was than them kicking me out.  My parents were accepting. Years later, I came out as pansexual and it was harder trying to explain it to my parents. They just know that I do not care about gender and private parts.

Report Reply

Reply by Waffles

posted

Came out to my mom over text while I was at school and when I got home she was crying not because she was mad but just because I hadn't told her sooner. In the beginning she tried talking a bit about it and I did my best to respond but soon after my older brother came out as gay and I think she just accepted it at the time. But then there was a moment of denial for her thinking "I'm just bisexual" and that was the end of her questions. I'm honestly not sure if she still thinks this or not but it doesn't matter anymore. I'm gonna be myself no matter how she feels.  

Report Reply

Reply by Cat <3

posted

I knew i had gay tendencies when I got my first same gender crush in 2nd grade but never really thought about it too much. In 5th grade I really started to like girls and with men... it was different, I didn't like them in any romantic way and had really no crush on them and when I told my parents this they said "just wait till you meet the right person." I know they want me to be straight but I don't think I will ever be attracted to a man and its been 5 years since I have came out to them and they still don't take me seriously. My mom calls me a dyke and my dad thinks I'm lying. What do I do?

Report Reply

Reply by Wendy_WHALEiams

posted

WENDY WHALEiams

Report Reply

Reply by ali.oop

posted

i told my friends i was bi when i was 14 and they were just like "ya we know. its kinda obvious." it kinda ruined it for me. 

when i told my aunt when i was 16 she asked a few questions like do i want to date a man and a woman at the same time. i had to explain to her i just am open to dating anyone of any gender, not that i was open to dating multiple people at the same time (at the time, im wanting to explore poly now in my 30s). 

i've never come out to my parents. i dunno i've never dated girls seriously only been on a few dates before things sizzled out or just had sexual relationships with. so i just never told them. my dad is dead now so he'll never know. my mom i dont think it will really phase her. my sister is trans and pan and poly. so she has paved the path for me. 

Report Reply

Reply by CometMothman

posted

Well...

I first told my mom when I was in 4th grade that thought I was a lesbian (dead wrong there!) and after a while I fell in love with my Ex-boyfriend who was a cis girl whilst I was a cis girl. When I told my mom and dad about that my dad was quiet but my mom wasn't shocked at all! 

My mom always asked if I was transgender and eventually, I noticed I was and told her in my room, she hugged me and said she supported me <3 She is still struggling to use the right name and pronouns but I know she's trying. 

Something a little sad though is my dad only ever called me Richmond once before his passing, I feel like he was queerphobic but noticed that we aren't all bad because well I'm not bad!

Report Reply

Reply by Princess_Myrra

posted

I must start this post by saying that English is not my language so I use a translator a lot (I apologize for any errors). 

From a very young age I already knew what my preferences were (I am bixesual) I was 7 years old when I had my first kiss it was with a girl in my class. 

It was much later that I was able to understand what I felt and clarify to myself what it was and that what I felt was not wrong. I grew up in a very religious family, so all the tradition was difficult for me. 

Although I have been honest with most of my acquaintances, it is not something that has been talked about openly in my family (I am not very open with these types of relationships). 

It was when I was 14 that my mother found out that I had a partner (a girl) and although she didn't make a fuss about it, I know that she didn't like the situation very much and she just tried to tell me that as long as she didn't find out about my relationships and What was happening, I was fine with that. 

My stepfather also knows this, apparently I'm not good at being indifferent about it nor very good at hiding it and although he doesn't say anything about it he accepts my preferences and doesn't judge about it.

I'm actually not very good at talking about these things but i hope i've made it clear. 

(´。• ω •。`) 

Report Reply

Reply by Zren

posted

I first came out to my closest friend in high school, and he was not very receptive.  He had this idea like I was trying hard to be different and this was part of some passing exploration phase.  It's been over ten years since, and he has grown much as a person since too, so I try not to dwell on that much.

I then came out to my mother, and while she was first accepting, she would later ask if I had "tried dating girls" or that I hadn't "given them enough of a chance."  I'm fortunate that I never had to deal with others' stories of aggressive homophobia, but it was still disappointing that she had no will or interest to talk with me or give unwavering emotional support when I needed it.

I finally came out to an older friend.  I was 17 at the time, he is around 15 years older, and we are close friends to this day.  I didn't realize at the time that he was also gay.  He ended up becoming one of my two, what I like to call, gay mentors. The other friend I would meet just a year later through him.  They gave me the support I needed over the next ten years and have been invaluable to my personal growth.

Report Reply

Reply by Laceyzz

posted

I was at a family dinner, everyone was talking about some stuff while playing Wii

And then, the big question appeared:

"Do you like someone, P?"

And I replied:

"Yes, my best friend, Eva"

My sister Luli (who asked this) told me that I would definitely be lucky with her and we had a great evening, I love my 6 siblings so much :3

Report Reply

Reply by Andriana !! ✩˚౨ৎ

posted
updated

TW // slightly nsfw

Disclaimer: looong text

I have zero experience in relationships and when I say zero, not even flirting or kissing, but I've always been attracted to female bodies, no matter their chromosomes / gender identity. I try not to think with labels but bi is the most fitting label (yes, I can love any gender because you can't know a person's precise gender identity unless they tell you, so I don't agree with pansexuality (my opinion). I remember myself watching wlw p/rn for a decade before I realised I was LGBT (I realised it because I got a crush on a girl when I was in high school in 2016 and she attended another highschool nearby but she still doesn't know I exist :[ ). I finally realized I'm LGBT in 2018, before I even found out about the majority of labels, therefore I never identified as straight before. I just thought there were only cis people who were meant to fall in love with the opposite sex. I came out to my mum a few months later, in April 2019. It went smoothly. I don't remember what we were talking about but she asked me herself "Do you like girls?" and I replied "A bit" (lie because I love them a whole lot). My first coming out was in the same month I found out, to a childhood friend who is also bi..or at least was at the time, because it's been so long since the last time we spoke. My third was to a female friend from middle school (I don't remember when) whom I haven't seen in years because she lives abroad but we still chat every now and then. She had no problem. Fourth coming out, to my highschool best friend to this day, in July 2021. No problem. My latest coming out was to my best female friend from primary school whom I hadn't seen since 2018, in September. She asked me whether anything had happened with a boy. After a moment of hesitation, I told her I'm bi. She told me I shouldn't have worried about it and that if she were to become a psychologist, she would like to specialise on LGBT+ support. This was so reassuring to hear. All my coming out stories are pretty smooth tbh. I haven't come out to my dad or my broader family and I don't know if I ever will. I just know I've liked girls/afab since I was a literal kid, with zero idea about sexuality and zero exposure to anything LGBT+ related. Not a single mention. Also I would do very sus stuff with my cousin (all consensual and never actual intercourse, because we were minors though I had no idea about incest tbh. Sounds very weird but it happened out of pure ignorance and curiosity many years ago). I love women/afab. I probably wouldn't get married to any gender but calling a woman/afab my wife feels so heartwarming. I want one to take care of, make love together, make their breakfast, comfort them if/whenever they get their period 🥹🫶

Report Reply

Reply by Valades FakeLastName

posted

When i first moved to texas in 2021, there was this guy in my middle school math class that i thought looked really cool, for most of the year i didn't talk to them due to being a very shy and introverted person. But during the yearly SATs at the end of the year we ended up in the same SAT room and we got to talk and get to know each other. We happened to have the same lunch last year and just started to hang out together a bit more often, which was when i started to question my own sexuality

Also during that year in middle school, there was this guy that i thought was a girl who wanted to hang out me, and later came out to having a crush on me, which left me completely flabbergasted since i had no idea they were male, and it left me questioning myself a bit

Skip back to last year in high school, i had started to grow feelings for this guy and i had no idea what the hell was going on with that. I mean i saw them as good friends but i don't know if i was in love with them or not...
I eventually talked to another friend about it while waiting a very long time for them to come to this halloween party (they were doing their own thing beforehand and i didn't know) and after a bit of talking, i found out I was bi and ended up kissing the guy i crushed on on the cheek. Sometime during my birthday party sleepover from last year i told them i had a crush on that guy at a strip mall and they didn't have the same feelings (they came out as asexual later that year LOL) and that's how i came out i guess

Oh btw i told my dad i was bi after watching FreeBirds (were going back in time to the first thanksgiving to get turkeys OFF the menu) and he and my brother were cool about it

Wish my brother didn't tell my other friends though, they were cool about it but i wish he didn't still, that little fucking weird al looking bitch of a brother 

Report Reply

Reply by ~★Daniel★~

posted

Cuando era joven, salía del closet con mis amigos, por todos esos años esperando el momento exacto... Y estaba nerviosa, pero nunca pensé en todos ellos también sabían cuál era mi sexualidad xd. El problema fue con mi padre y la escuela, ese momento de mi vida fue horrible, esos comentarios homofóbicos fueron terribles. ;(((

Report Reply

Reply by Wren

posted
updated

I never really knew what 'coming out' was. I can remember from like the age of 10, my brother looking through socials or us listening to music together and just talking about how we found the girls attractive (i wasnt questioning gender) and i just thought it was a usual thing like someone being straight. Then at like 13 i watched the Diary of a whimpy kid movies (you can see where this is going) and i saw rodrick and was like OH GOD. I saw more characters or dudes with the alternative style and was just like OH GOD even more and bam, i was bi. I never had to come out, I just existed as a little gay person and people accepted it or never questioned it. 

Report Reply

Reply by Party-hat

posted

I was in sixth grade when I first came out but I didn't come out to my parents untill seventh grade first told my bff's bc ik that they'd understand me and honestly my bff's and my parents didn't care.

Report Reply

Reply by Benny <3

posted

personally, our coming out experience was horrid, but not to get into those details, anyways it was our 6th grade year and we came out as bi (our gender was a secret, we knew we wouldn't be accepted) and plenty of people weren't accepting at all, but some were we think, but ya know, it was fine and then it only got more rocky from then on out because our sexuality wasn't just a straight line, it kept changing and fluctuating. and our gender, we came out as a trans man at 14 in our freshmen year of high school. it was a disaster, but we survived and we came out stronger after that experience, either way, they were both bad times for us, but we're okay now ! and doing great tbh !!! :D 

Report Reply