updated

Forum: Books and Stories

What are your recommendations?

Report Topic

374 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Kat

posted

Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy! It's a dark read and McCarthy's writing style isn't for everyone, but this quickly became one of my favorite books once I finished it.

Report Reply

Reply by Harmonical_

posted

Watchmen and Frankenstein (junji ito version)

Report Reply

Reply by RILEY

posted

a certain hunger by chelsea g summer !!!! its kinda strange but its my favorite book

morally evil female main characters >>>>>>>

Report Reply

Reply by jose45

posted

Books are gateways to worlds of imagination, knowledge, and inspiration. Essays on books delve into the profound impact of literature on individuals and society. They explore the power of storytelling to illuminate the human experience, provoke thought, and evoke empathy. Through essays, scholars and enthusiasts residency personal statement editing services analyze canonical works, emerging voices, and the evolving landscape of literature. Book essays offer insights into the complexities of language, narrative structure, and symbolism, highlighting the enduring influence of books in shaping our identities and understanding of the world around us.

Report Reply

Reply by Sam X3

posted

i really reccomend fight club, the movie was great. The Giver by Lois Lowry was also amazing! :)

Report Reply

Reply by Lucas V.

posted

BOOKS I LOVEEEEE!

Ok so all these books are by the same author; Leah Thomas (my favorite author)!! Please note: these books do contain some dark topics!

1. Because You’ll Never Meet Me (book 1 of 2)

The story is about two teen boys on opposite sides of the world communicating by letters (that’s how the chapters are written; kinda like letters)! If you’re a fan of fiction, friendship, and drama then you’re in for a treat!

2. Nowhere Near You (book 2 of 2)

3. When Light Left Us

Okay this book contains very heavy topics YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! The story is very melancholy. But Yayy there’s an lgbtq kid in here (I love inclusive books like this)!! If you’re okay with very heavy topics then I’d definitely recommend this book to you!!

Have fun reading!!

Report Reply

Reply by Mary

posted

cien años de soledad y cronicas de una muerte anunciada de gabriel garcia marquez

Report Reply

Reply by hxkyo

posted

This one is really good (made me cry sometimes) 

omniscient reader's viewpoint It is a very good novel! Its a bit long but its nice, I love the plot and characters. 

Report Reply

Reply by genevieve ♡

posted

I absolutely adored the book "Lovely War" by Julie Berry. Amazing story, I highly recommend.

It's a historical romance based in Europe during WWI. 

Oh and it's narrated by Greek gods/goddesses. 

Report Reply

Reply by squid

posted

for fantasy world building: The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson

the fifth book comes out later this year, and the author is planning on making it a 10 book series!

Report Reply

Reply by Celestia

posted

Not sure if these r your type of books but here are some of my favs!!

-Auto biographies (jennette mcurdy's is a great 1!)

-Ballad of songbirds and snakes

-The stand by steven king (note its super long, but its a great read along with other king books!)

Those are some great ones!

Report Reply

Reply by ⪩⪨ ࣪mehi 🎀

posted

te recomiendo "Damián", es un buen libro, el final te dejó tiesa JAJA

Report Reply

Reply by ana.vnl

posted

White Nights by Dostoyevski !!!

Report Reply

Reply by Zac

posted

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski is an incredibly weird and immersive read.

Its formatting and style of literature is very unique making it one of my personal favorites.

Report Reply

Reply by Trotskyst

posted

Plato's Republic

Report Reply

Reply by MATT

posted

Personally, I think that Alice in Wonderland is a very good book, but most of my friends find it a bit boring.

Report Reply

Reply by James

posted

A Density of Souls by Christopher Rice

Report Reply

Reply by Nick Starr

posted

These two books I recommend are not related AT ALL but still amazing, 1984 by George Orwell and My Best Friends Exorcism by Grady Hendrix.

Report Reply

Reply by DJ

posted

Perks of Being a Wallflower

Simon Vs the Homosapiens Agenda 

Report Reply

Reply by mykka

posted

-Suicidas!

- Lolita

Report Reply

Reply by D4_n1☆

posted

-El señor de las moscas

mi muy buena la recomiendo

Report Reply

Reply by CosmiccAxolotl_2002

posted

News from the empire

It's a beautiful historical novel narrated from the perspective of the only Empress in México and her perspective on the Empire, this empire lasted 4 years but it was a very important time period in México, it´s really interesting. I really recommended

Report Reply

Reply by Viva

posted

if you like satire and/or darker books american psycho by bret easton ellis is AMAZING!!

Report Reply

Reply by ✩₊˚.Honeybee_13🛸˚. ᵎᵎ

posted
updated

If you like lesbian science fiction novels you definitely have to read the crier´s war

Report Reply

Reply by 𝑳𝒖𝒍𝒊O(≧∇≦)O

posted

Crimen y castigo es muy bueno 

Report Reply

Reply by Strawberry_Cloud<3

posted

If you like a fantasy, "Caraval", "The cruel prince" and "The king's perfume". If you like something more horror, I HIGHLY recommend "Beast Nation", it's soooo good. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kostya

posted

ooh Donato Carrisi "The girl in the fog"

Report Reply

Reply by Romy :)

posted

I personally love books that make me rethink my life for a good second and make my skin crawl.

My personal fave is The Secret History, I love the way Donna Tart tells the story and the way how the characters are described. You feel for the characters even tho they are all basically bad people. This book did had me feel empty for months tho ngl. But i LOVED it.

My second recommendation is 1984 by George Orwell. This is book is a classic and basically everything in the book is awful but that is what makes it great.

My third recommendation is Lapvona by Otessa Moshfegh. This book is truly one of a kind and multiple times had me disgusted and disturbed by what happened in the story but i had to keep reading! But overall loved it. 

My fourth recommendation is american psycho. I think everyone knows the story and maybe has seen the movie. The movie was tame in comparison to how some scenes are described in the book. I'm currently still reading this one too :)

Report Reply

Reply by dann.idx

posted

Los libros de kafka  y jose saramango son muy buenos

Report Reply

Reply by Maxinecamp

posted

Definitely the metamorphosis

Report Reply

Reply by L4uxhtp

posted

Re tarde la respuesta JAJAJA pero si te gusta los libros referentes a Monarquía me e estado leyendo una trilogía aún no está completa pero el primer libro ya está en físico te juro que vale la pena leerlo el publicado se llama "el perfume del rey"

Report Reply

Reply by Abiiii

posted

Never come back by David Bell is a great book I recommend to anyone who likes some mystery in their books! Its a short easy read but it doesn't affect the story of the novel much. Another book Id recommend is 1984 if u haven't read it already ^^

Report Reply

Reply by alimrose

posted

Little women

Report Reply

Reply by Zed

posted

my top one atm would be Vicious by v.e schwab! SO GOOD! 

Report Reply

Reply by Xx_MuZ!K_L0V3R_xX

posted
updated

The attached photos are the series.

It's an old one. But, I really love The Medusa Project Series. It's a mystery-like and crime genre. It actually focuses on the genre with a bits on romance which stands out! You should read it if you haven't!!

Report Reply

Reply by Ghostlymotthh✿✧˖°

posted

If you're interested in fantasy, maybe YA, I'd recommend the Graceling series

But if you're more interested in queer, YA, with some horror, I'd recommend Andrew Joseph White's books Hell Followed With Us and The Spirit Bares Its Teeth :) 

Report Reply

Reply by sydlexi

posted

- A Certain Hunger

its a body horror and c3nnibal based book, so i would read the tw first. but its really good and discusses a lot of societal issues, especially about women and womanhood. 

Report Reply

Reply by valocity95

posted

the hunger games trilogy + the ballad of songbirds and snakes (ya dystopian)

the stranger (philosophy, fiction)

all the living and the dead (non-fiction, morbid, interviews kinda)

britney spears' memoir <3

looking for alaska (ya fiction)

it's kind of a funny story (ya fiction, based on the author's experience)

looking for signals (non-fiction, statistics nerd shit)

Report Reply

Reply by B0r1sXD

posted

Okay I'm not the best person to recommend books, but I love  Vampire Diaries (๑•﹏•)

Report Reply

Reply by bbpoltergiest

posted

sandman (manga) is pretty good ;-;

Report Reply

Reply by ꧁Asha꧂

posted

Girl in pieces if your into mentally ill main characters 🙏🙏

TW tho Sh, mentions of r@pe

Report Reply

Reply by drew trippin

posted

undertown theres i think 2 books, i have the first book, 

annndddddddddd melon head, thats a really good book, 

cant forget the last kids on earth, i read that in the mental hospital, i kinda miss that book lol

Report Reply

Reply by Joe koning

posted

I just finished The Death Of Ivan Ilych and it was really good, I cant expalain it much without spoiling it but its super good!

Report Reply

Reply by Luana.★

posted

I would totally recommend no longer human for ozamu daza,diary of an oxygen thief,which is also one of my favourites and haunted by chuck if you’re interested some real deep shits haha

Report Reply

Reply by Mike

posted

I've been very slowly and leisurely cooking on the Wheel of Time series the last few years and I'm really enjoying it. The worldbuilding is really REALLY good and I find the writing style to be very digestible and understandable while still being immersive to the setting. It's high fantasy if that's your thing. Definitely consider giving it a try if you haven't! Don't let the Amazon tv series dissuade you lol

Report Reply

Reply by JoanneMorales

posted

Animal Farm  by George Orwell

Report Reply

Reply by Raya

posted

Bunny by Mona Awad, a seriously good dark comedy!!

Report Reply

Reply by James

posted

A Density of Souls by Christopher Rice is my go to when recommending books to anyone. It is such an outstanding murder mystery. He is Anne Rice's son.

Report Reply

Reply by yasmin⋆˚✿˖°

posted

Human Acts is such a powerful novel about an uprising in Korea and Han Kang's writing never ceases to amaze me. It's heartbreaking but a very amazing book. Also, I'd recommend Letters to a Young Poet to anyone who loves poetic prose. It is and will always be one of my favorite books.

Report Reply

Reply by Marina

posted

The love hypotesis

the war of crier

Report Reply