Depends on what you're into but if you enjoy YA fiction I can recommend:

- The Winternight Trilogy
- The Raven Cycle
-The Folk of the Air 
- The Lunar Chronicles
-The Illuminae Files
- Red, White & Royal Blue
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
-Priory of the Orange Tree (this is a super long book though and can get a little tedious at times, but overall it's a really good story!!) 

All of these were super good to read and I would 100% reread them haha 

Report Reply

Reply by m&m

posted

I decided 2021 is going to be my year of classics! I just finished The Great Gatsby and I have The Art Of War, Lord Of The Flies, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Inferno by Dante Aligehei, Catcher In The Rye, The Count Of Monte Cristo, Animal Farm, War of the Worlds,, also the complete collections of HP Lovecraft and George Orwell. I'll let you know if I update my list! 

Report Reply

Reply by Axle Knight

posted

I've read the septimus heap books. Angie sage really got me hooked. I don't normally read those kinda books. Fantasy/magic type books. I'm more of an action pack book guy. But I'd recommend reading a little about the septimus heap series

Report Reply

Reply by Åndi [Hobbit]

posted

Dictionaries are fascinating. 

And also, anything by Vonnegut, Stephen King, C.S. Lewis, Ayn Rand, or John Grisham.

Report Reply

Reply by Jessica

posted

Vampire Academy. There is a series that is after VA called Blood lines. I haven't gotten to bloodlines yet I'm still in the VA section but they are good books. Also anything to do with a TV Series like Sueprnatural, Arrow, The Walking Dead.

Report Reply

Reply by Andrean

posted

Definitely Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. It has such an amazing concept and it is a pretty easy read. My definite Go-to!

Report Reply

JUDD, an LGBTQIA+ BIPOC led Urban Fantasy about a teen boy struggling to come to terms with who he is. Because of his hesitance to accept himself, when the time came, he didn't receive his powers like everyone else in Comet Cove City.

AVAILABLE MARCH 5th, 2021!

PRE-ORDER NOW HERE!

SUMMARY

Comet Cove is a city where everyone gets their own special powers when they come of age. Everyone, that is, except for Samael Judd.

Ordinary in a world of extraordinaries, Sam faces the possibility of exile, should his powerlessness be discovered. When a Fragment doesn’t accept themselves, their Aura doesn’t give them the powers they’re promised, making them a Blank.

But a solution exists: If Sam can confront the part of himself that he would rather stay buried, he just might be in the clear. That is, until he finds out he’s revealed his secret to the wrong person.

Report Reply

Reply by 𝕩𝔐𝔢𝔱𝔯𝔦🅵🅺🅽𝔉𝔞𝔲𝔰𝔱𝕩

posted
updated

I've read this book called Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas twice now and thinking of giving it another read through, it's quickly become one of my favorite books!

It has:

-A full Latinx cast
-Trans rep
-Gay romance
-Supernatural ghosts
-Día de Muertos

Report Reply

Reply by Rebecca

posted

Holly Black's fairy series. I saw someone post Folk of Air trilogy, which is amazing, but I would start at the beginning because it spoils the ending for three of the previous books. I would read her Modern Tales of Fairy series first, then The Darkest Part of the Forrest, and then finish with the Folk of Air trilogy. 

If you don't like reading big series, The Darkest Part of the Forrest is only one book and can stand on its own. 

Report Reply

Reply by Katie

posted

Seriously I'm loving all these recs

Report Reply

Reply by kimi_possibly

posted

• Pretty Little Liars series

• The Sun is also a Star
• Everything, Everything
• The Hate U Give
• Children of Blood and Bone
• Children of Virtue and Vengeance
• Miss Peregrine series 
• Harley Merlin series
• Carry On
• Wayward Son
• Amy Tan
• Toni Morrison 
• James Baldwin

There’s more, but lol. I always recommend everyone to read more BIPOC. Though a few of these suggestions were not authored by BIPOC. 

Report Reply

Reply by Casey Brooks

posted

The entire Sookie Stackhouse series.  It was addicting and I couldnt put it down. Also the lovely bones, eat pray love.

Report Reply

Reply by ~Becks~

posted

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness

Report Reply

Reply by Megz

posted

Dark Matter, if you like sci-fi and multiverse theories. 

Report Reply

Reply by Neissa

posted

The perks of being a wallflower :) 

Report Reply

Reply by Traci Davenport

posted

The After Series 

Report Reply

Reply by Kat

posted

The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King. 

So hard to put down once you start. 

Report Reply

Reply by n0_0ne c@re$

posted

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski (the first time I read this I literally thought I had lost my fucking mind.)

Gospel of Filth: A Bible of Decadence and Darkness by Gavin Baddeley and Dani Filth
Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
Anything by Disinfo (if you can find them)
Native Son by Richard Wright
1984 by George Orwell
The Resident Evil novels by S.D. Perry

Report Reply

Reply by Creativinsanity

posted

I'd recommend The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall since it's pretty underrated. I've been enjoying Riley Sager's books as well. Rescursion by Blake Crouch was a good scifi too. 

Report Reply

Reply by Dina

posted

Chelsea Cain - Sweetheart series..page turner, wicked crime series

Report Reply

• Fever series 
  • All souls trilogy
  • Covenant series
  • Unearthly series
  • Tears of Tess series
  • Captive in the dark series 
  • Triple trilogy
  • Black dagger brotherhood series
I could go one. Let me know if you want a link to my goodreads for a list of more. 

Report Reply

Reply by XxpaigerawrxX

posted

I've been reading a lot of George Orwell lately. I'm also trying to do more historical reading and learn new things! 

Also it's been nice to re-read some books I haven't read since I was a kid like The Outsiders. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kaysinator

posted
updated

Oh there are so many good books of all genres that I would recommend!

For Nostalgia:  
R.L. Stine's The Fear Street Saga
Anne of Green Gables Series

For True Crime Lovers like Myself:  
I'll Be Gone in the Dark (Michelle McNamara)
The Stranger Beside Me (Ann Rule)
Tragic Beauty: The Lost 1914 Memoirs of Evelyn Nesbit (Deborah Paul)
The Evil Within (Darren Galsworthy)
Hell's Princess (Harold Schechter)

For Comedic Relief: 
The Stephanie Plum series (Janet Evanovich)
Good in Bed (Jennifer Weiner)
The Undomestic Goddess (Sophie Kinsella)

For Mysterious Thrills:
The Pale Horse (Agatha Christie)
Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn)
The In Death Series (J.D. Robb)

For Disney Villain Lovers:
The Odd Sisters (Serena Valentino)
Once Upon a Dream (Liz Braswell)
Part of Your World (Liz Braswell)

For Non-Fiction:  
Where Am I Now? (Mara Wilson)
The Radium Girls (Kate Moore)
Number the Stars (Louis Lowry)

All Other
The Mermaid's Sister (Carrie Anne Noble)
Southern Magic (Amy Boyles)
The Overdue Life of Amy Byler (Kelly Harm)

Report Reply

Reply by Jinnicide

posted

It depends on what you're looking for/into.
I worked at a used bookstore for 4 years (a while back), but still read like there is no tomorrow. If you can narrow down your subjects/preferences, I can give you a list (if there is a venn diagram with my own, of course). I'm not really into sci-fi/fantasy, anything YA, or any crybaby white boy shit (ie: Catcher in the Rye).

Report Reply

Reply by Angel

posted

If you are into Horror, may I suggest anything by Clive Barker? I highly recommend Cabal and Hellbound Heart.

Report Reply

Reply by Katie

posted

@angel those are two of my favourite books

Report Reply

Reply by Kat Brennan

posted

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

Report Reply

Reply by natalie

posted

Hi!

I just finished reading These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong, it's the first book in a series the second books comes out this year in November. the book is an enemy to lovers, gang rivals book set in 1920's shanghai.

A book that I'm currently reading is Sky In The Deep by Adrienne Young, it's a standalone book. the book is an enemies to lovers, but with vikings.

some books that i haven't read yet but had them recommended 
  • From Blood and Ash series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  • Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas

Report Reply

Reply by Heather LM

posted

Loving this right now. I haven't read for fun in a while so I'll have to check some of these out. 

I mostly read self-help books, so if thats your flavor I recommend Mark Mansons book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck. 

Report Reply

Reply by Hannah Roberts

posted

The Wheel of Time series is a fun read. There are a ton of books, so if you like fantasy then you wouldn't run out of material for a long time :)

Report Reply

Reply by Miss Solitary Ocean

posted

I've been really into more other realm, medieval type books lately

* The Empire's Ghost" by Isabelle Steiger
* "Malice" by John Gwynne 

I am also a huge Stephen King fan, so basically anything of his. :) 

Report Reply

Reply by Michelle

posted

Valley of the Dolls

The Elemental Masters series by Mercedes Lackey
Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
Stephen King 
The House of Night series is a YA nightmare but it's like my reality tv, it's trash and poorly written but it's also so good at the same time

Report Reply

Reply by Whispering Willow

posted

These are YA, but I like them and they're a quick read. If I can think of more, I'll add on. :)

Trylle Series by Amanda Hocking
Watersong by Amanda Hocking

Report Reply

Reply by Τζοσεφ

posted
updated

Some good ones i've read recently are,

Blood Meridian
the Ravens Children
Anna Karenin
Life and Fate
The Fifth Child
Gommorah
Orlando
I, Claudius

Report Reply

Reply by HornetSwarm

posted

Pale Fire by Nabokov. Novel presented as notes on the text to a long poem. Fun as hell to read, you'll need at least three bookmarks!

Always Coming Home by Ursula K. Le Guin. Novel presented as anthropological writings on an tribe in future America.

Report Reply

Reply by Hexxica

posted

if u want to laugh and might have addiction issues, try david sedaris or auguesten burroughs, you will laugh out loud and people will think your insane and thats ok.

Report Reply

Reply by Hexxica

posted

if u want to laugh and might have addiction issues, try david sedaris or auguesten burroughs, you will laugh out loud and people will think your insane and thats ok.

Report Reply

Reply by Jake

posted

Reply by Erica

posted

I'm loving all these recommendations!  I'll need another bookshelf soon.   I will have to compile a list of my recommendations, but my current book that I'm enjoying is The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. 

Report Reply

Reply by Mica Stevens

posted

I am currently reading Paranoid by Lisa Jackson, highly recommend!  

Report Reply

Reply by Katie

posted

All these recommendations are so good. I may have to make a blog post for these

Report Reply

Reply by Nichole

posted

Anything by ellen hopkins

Report Reply

Reply by Park

posted

if you havent gotten to it already One Thousand and One Nights is a classic for a reason. its a very colourful look into west/south asian traditional stories if youre used to european tropes and themes its refreshing to read. back when i read it sticking to only one or two of the bits a night before bed was hard because i wanted to continue on, sometimes i would lose hours without even noticing. 

Report Reply

Reply by Brian Palmer

posted

@Natalie - I'm an agented writer and Chloe Gong is another one of my agent's clients! I have These Violent Delights on my Kindle but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I'm looking forward to it though because it sounds great!

Report Reply

Reply by JillxDeville

posted

I just read song of Achilles it was so good 

Report Reply

Reply by Swampbaby

posted

The Tide Child trilogy 

And The Wounded Kingdom trilogy
By RJ Barker.

Also The Name of the Wind
By Patrick Rothfus

Report Reply

Reply by Katiekins1390

posted

If you like murder mystery kind of books I would recommend Lisa Gardner books, she is my favorite author 

Report Reply

Reply by xXsocratanXx

posted

The Savior's Champion by Jenna Moreci. It's got violence, romance, and humor (basically the holy trifecta imo).

Report Reply

Reply by Nutcrawler

posted

I *really* liked The Time Traveler's Wife

Report Reply

Reply by zey

posted

sexing the cherry by jeannete winterson 

the divine comedy trilogy by dante
heart of a dog by mikhail bulgakov

Report Reply