Sort Replies:

Reply by haru

posted
updated

"girl interrupted" 

Report Reply

Reply by ⭐StarChips⭐

posted

If you're into horror/ mystery books I suggest you read "Stranger Danger" by Maren Stoffels or any of her other works.

Report Reply

Reply by ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

posted

kim jiyoung born 1982 is fantastic

Report Reply

Reply by noellieee

posted

a good girls guide to murder and the two other books in the series! im on the third book rn and im loving it so far, and i have trouble reading non graphic novels! a horror book with no sexual contents ! tw: suicide, rape, drugs, alcohol, kidnapping, vomit, nudity mentioned (non sexual) .. 

Report Reply

Reply by sam𖦹

posted

if you’re into spirituality i highly recommend the book of secrets by deepak chopra! changed my life

Report Reply

Reply by Maize

posted

Solitaire by Alice Osman is amazing!!

Report Reply

Reply by aurora

posted

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick, probably the best book I have ever read. A 600 page half-novel/half-graphic novel. I have read it three times and it never bored me. It follows the story of a deaf girl(Rose), told in pictures, and a deaf boy(Ben), told in words. The stories take place 50 years apart, Rose's in 1927 and Ben's in 1977. The ending is beautiful, I would recommend it to anybody who enjoys historical fiction and long books!

Report Reply

Reply by 粘膜ゴースト (GHOST)

posted

Demian, Hermann Hesse

Report Reply

Reply by sophieee

posted

Of Mice And Men by John Steinbeck!!

Report Reply

Reply by Munshi Al-Haydari

posted

Well depends on what you like to read I would recommend "The War That Saved My Life" and any Robert Greene books. I prefer the classics as well so I would recommend any classical books as well

Report Reply

Reply by heaveninyourhead

posted

the poppy war trilogy

Report Reply

Reply by Fae

posted

Definitely a lesson in vengeance

Report Reply

Reply by Atalanta

posted

babel by r.f. kuang is a must read, easily her best piece of work.

foster dade explores the cosmos by nash jenkins is also insanely good if anyone’s interested in reading the made up life of a kid go to hell on a boarding school.

the heroids by ovid (i think that’s how you write it english), classic.

Report Reply

Reply by Isopropyl

posted

-Burning Chrome by William Gibson.

-Drug use for grown ups by Carl Hart.

-PiHKAL (and then TiHKAL) By Ann and Alexander Shulguin.

-Diaspora by Greg Egan.

-Reality switch technologies by Andrew R. Gallimore.

Report Reply

Reply by ☆ lambzz ☆

posted

silence of the lambs

Report Reply

Reply by 𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘺

posted

The Outsiders

Report Reply

Reply by 𓆣Sam✮

posted

El amor, las mujeres y la vida. Mario Benedetti

Report Reply

Reply by Moz

posted

if you want to invest your time in norse mythology, might I suggest checking out 'Norse Mythology' by Neil Gaiman? it's a fun read, I think. however, if you have an interest in thriller, check out 'Maria Beetle' which also goes by 'Bullet Train' by Kotaro Isaka. or how about a narrator's point of view type of story, like 'Cat Country' by Lao She?

Report Reply

Reply by TurnOfTheTV

posted

I remember growing up with Tears Of A Tiger & Nimona. Both are extremely good books for different reasons even if I do have to give warning with the first one for discussing themes of suicide

Report Reply

Reply by HaibaneSibyl

posted

No Tiger by Mika, a short book of experimental milsurp-trans poetry (^_^)

Report Reply

Reply by Ghoulia

posted

unwind is a very good book sereis! 

Report Reply

Reply by charlottesometimes

posted

The power of the dog - Thomas Savage

Report Reply

Reply by ezxsh999

posted

Singshong's Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint if u like webnovels.

Report Reply

Reply by Awkward Dog

posted

I will never not recommend Piranesi, by Susanna Clarke. The first chapter is probably one of the most sublime pieces of fiction I have ever read; it's just so immense, vast, liminal, desserted, yes, but beautiful, almost sacred.

The plot is relatively simple and straight forward, and most relevant questions are given clear answers, but there's still enough mistery remaining by the end that you can endlessly dissect and analyze every little detail to your heart's content and come up with interesting and novel views everytime.

It's relatively short (about 270 pages), and the prose, while beautiful, is not too complex, so I recommend it to anyone who enjoys intriguing stories, fantasy, dream-like enviroments, New Weird fiction, or Dreampools enjoyers.

Report Reply

Reply by oristay

posted

the starless sea by erin morgenstern

Report Reply

Reply by lidia

posted

dead poet society, if you want to cry about gay white boyz /j

the film (1989) made me cry. 

Report Reply

Reply by Bkay!!!

posted

Im not sure is this was recommended or not, but Always the Almost by Edward Underhill is my favorite YA novel and definety worth checking out!!!

Report Reply

Reply by evrst

posted

- Solitaire by Alice Oseman

- I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman

- Red, White, and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

Currently going through the Alice Oseman book series (Solitaire and I Was Born For This turned to be my favorites of her series so far) and finding LGBTQIA+ books and novels to celebrate Pride Month and also just to enjoy reading  ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Hoping to get more book to read in the future cuz my shelf is looking a little empty and I've got too many on my reading list ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Report Reply

Reply by ✨Music✨

posted

Heartstopper,Nick and Charlie,Loveless,Solitaire,This winter,Radio Silence,I Was Born for This

Report Reply

Reply by Collin

posted
updated

Anything by William Gibson. I just finished Count Zero and plan on reading Mona Lisa Overdrive next, but might read some Stephenson

Report Reply

Reply by M1k3y

posted

Words on Bathroom Walls by Julia Walton. 

Report Reply

Reply by M1k3y

posted

Words On Bathroom Walls - Julia Walton

Report Reply

Reply by Leonora

posted

The Maid by Nina Prose its definitely detailed and very well written, from my own experience from reading the book....I COULDNT SLEEP i couldnt put the book down thats how amazing it is.

Report Reply

Reply by jules

posted

I'd recommend "What moves the dead" by T. Kingfisher, it's a retelling of "The fall of the house of usher", it was a really nice read

Report Reply

Reply by wildflower wildfire

posted

Mans Search for meaning by Viktor E. Frankl 

The house of spirits by Isabel Allende

The ocean at the end of the lane by Neil Gaiman

Report Reply

Reply by katanie

posted

It's a classic but I find that not many people have read it even though it's so popular. Try reading Frankenstein - Mary Shelley.

Report Reply

Reply by aimée۵

posted

"If cats disappeared from the world," is really good! I cried so much while reading it and it's pretty short too. I definitely recommend it! 

Report Reply

Reply by >juno ☪︎ ִ ֶ֢࣪⋆

posted

warrior cats lolol!!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Shayfox

posted

Warriors Series by Erin Hunter: Sure you’ve heard about the book about the cats. It’s popular for a reason. First season (series?) is the best. If you like cats, or tribal themes this series will be appealing.

Guardians of Ga’Hoole Series by Kathryn Lasky: Idk why they massacred the movie but the books are much better (and darker). First book literally contains genocide, murder, brainwashing and cannibalism. All from the perspective of owls. The series itself is based off of WW11 to give you a taste of why the movie should not be used to judge the content of the books. Brilliant series cleverly disguised as teen fiction.

The Plague Dogs by Richard Adams: Story about two dogs that escape from a lab and accidentally release the black plauge. Classic tale! Fun read but can get a bit dry as it’s set in England. There is also a classic animated movie about it that is also very good. Be warned though, the book and movie are quit grim, and many morbid things happen. Movie is not gonna be fun for younger audiences.

Those are three I can think of off the top of my head. Really depends on your preference but if you like animals, those are fun ones.

Report Reply

Reply by garfieldfan2015

posted

Easily Garfield: His 9 Lives! Ah scary!

Report Reply

Reply by .

posted

dean koontz's odd thomas books:

• Odd Thomas
  • Forever Odd
  • Brother Odd (my fav!)
  • Odd Hours
  • Odd Interlude
  • Odd Apocalypse
  • Deeply Odd
there are two more book in this series but i haven't read them yet, i'm sure they're great though

• You Are Destined To Be Together Forever
  • Saint Odd

Report Reply

Reply by Rezi/Robo/Ray

posted

Homestuck

Report Reply

Reply by esperr

posted

-Ink by Amanda sun

-the friends Kazumi Yumoto

Report Reply

Reply by Jada

posted

1. "The Forgotten Beasts of Eld" by Patricia A. McKillip - This beautifully written novel is a must-read for any fantasy fan. It's a tale of magic, love, and the power of forgiveness, all set in a richly imagined world.

2. "The Sorcerer of the Wildeeps" by Kai Ashante Wilson - This novella is a perfect blend of fantasy and science fiction, featuring gods, magic, and interstellar travel. It's a fast-paced and thrilling read that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

3. "The Golem and the Jinni" by Helene Wecker - This novel is a unique and imaginative take on the fantasy genre, blending Jewish and Arabic mythology to create a spellbinding story of two magical beings who find themselves in 19th-century New York.

4. "The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms" by N.K. Jemisin - This novel is the first in a series that explores complex themes like power, identity, and family, all set in a richly imagined fantasy world. It's a thought-provoking and exciting read that is sure to leave you wanting more.

5. "The Ten Thousand Doors of January" by Alix E. Harrow - This novel is a portal fantasy that features a brave and determined heroine who must fight to keep the doors between worlds open. It's a beautifully written and deeply moving story that will stay with you long after you finish it.

I hope you enjoy these underrated fantasy gems as much as I did! Happy reading!

also is this formatting like good ?? It looks weird on my screen.

Report Reply

Reply by Leila

posted

The Kite Runner

A Thousand Splendid Suns

Tender is the Flesh

The Hunger Games

Copper Sun

A Twisted Tale Series

After Series

The Testing Trilogy

Night Blood Trilogy

The Mortal Instruments Series

The Infernal Devices Trilogy

The Dark Artifacts Trilogy

Report Reply

Reply by ☆Ashton☆

posted

I think -everyone- should read -Reading Lolita In Tehran- by -Azar Nafisi-

Report Reply

Reply by Eden

posted

I love Setting Sun, and the Possessed, both genius works.

Report Reply

Reply by rune

posted

Reply by Wubsbian

posted

The Girl who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill. From the blurb I had the impression it was a funny coming of age in a fantasy setting but it's more like a modern day fairy tale with themes of grief, longing, and hope.

Furthermore this story has a rich cast including disheveled women, bright women, heroic women, evil women, morally grey women, magic women, tragic women, and most importantly, very old women.

There's also no monarchy, if you were tired of that thing.

Report Reply

Reply by Heather_Rae

posted

A Court of Thorns and Roses Series by Sarah J Maas is really good.

Report Reply