Topic: do you believe in ghosts/afterlife?

Sort Replies:

Reply by D3ADSTAR!

posted

yes, while I somewhat believe that heaven and hell exists. At the same time though if they REALLY do exist, then why don't I see anything that could pinpoint that deceased loved one is in either of those places yet I can at a graveyard or at some abandoned building.

Report Reply

Reply by banana

posted

i believe in ghosts as fragments of time, but not as spirits who haven't yet moved on. since everything in this universe is information and information takes a long time to really be destroyed, i believe in ghosts

Report Reply

Reply by Keke

posted

Yas, even when i'm not fully stable in this opinion, but i sort of just feel that paranormal stuff exists. 

The fact that i somehow experienced a few situations that i cannot rationally explain to myself for example hearing voice that sounds like my mother when i'm alone or other sounds that couldnt be made by something that i know(doors opening sound when every door is locked when I check etc.). 

Report Reply

Reply by NMxx

posted

yes I do believe that kinda things out there as I've seen "shadow people" I think they're called but honestly it was so scary 

Report Reply

Reply by saturn xD

posted

honstly? yeah, but i think it requires a certian kind of energy to beable to be a ghost in the after life. because if everyone who died became a ghost how isnt the afterlife overflooding w them 

Report Reply

Reply by animals

posted

i dont think i believe in any of that. usually i dont care or think about it. i guess i used to think there were higher powers and things following me, but i wasnt well at the time :P my mom does believe in the supernatural though and i used to get annoyed by that because of how insistent she was on that. i would like it if there was no reincarnation; im not sure about the afterlife. it becomes a personal hope that there's no more 'living' after it. that would be a stress reliever XP X)

Report Reply

Reply by Steven 🦇

posted

My usual answer is "I *want* to believe" (yes, I'm an X-Files fan ). I'm fascinated by the paranormal/unexplained and had some experiences growing up, including briefly living in what my family thinks was a haunted house, but the experiences sorta ended around 2nd grade. I haven't experienced anything since then, despite being open to it and actively looking occasionally. I still "want to believe" but find it disheartening to have not experienced anything in over 20 years

Report Reply

Reply by Eüphoria

posted

Claro que sí,siempre deseo que me pase algo paranormal y cosas Haci,me encantan ese tipo de cosas!!

Report Reply

Reply by alma pärlemor

posted

sorry 4 my spelling im not fluent

I belive you can end up in a million different situations in the afterlife, devided into main categories: Reincarnation, dissapearance, religion, transformation & recycling. sounds like the three r's (yikes). Being turned into a ghost goes under transformation since you'd still have your memory. 

Report Reply

Reply by Your_Friendly_Neighborhood_Metalhead_11

posted

I not only believe in ghosts but also the fae and other such creatures.

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

I've always believed in ghosts since I had lived in a very old home that was haunted, I was a pretty young kid when I first started experiencing things being thrown off my dresser, playing tug of war with my blankets against and invisible force, hearing someone running up and down my stairs when I was home alone. My mom thought I was lying about it, so that I could sleep downstairs where it was insulated, until one day when she was home and the bay windows started to violently shake for no good reason.

Since then I had always been super interested in anything related to ghosts or supernatural. It's hard not to be interested in that stuff when you literally grew up around it.

Report Reply

Reply by [QUIT] davesport.mp4

posted

Absolutely :3! I truly believe that there are other beings on this planet that we may not see! I don’t think they’re ghosts tho. It’s like some other species you know? (。+・`ω・´)

Report Reply

Reply by User_not_found_404

posted

Honestly I’m not sure what to believe. It’s hard to find out what’s real and what’s fake. Anything you see on TV is so staged. 

Report Reply

Reply by milo

posted

yeah! im actually fairly sure that my great grandma is "haunting" (is there a word for a positive haunting) me. i live in a fairly old house, so i wouldnt be surprised if other spirits were here

Report Reply

Reply by bbpoltergiest

posted

i used to see ghosts all the time in my childhood o_o

Report Reply

Reply by Satan's Lavendar

posted

There is most certainly some kind of spirit in my house. It's very fond of coffee, historical dramas, and the Virgin Mary. 

Report Reply

Reply by WillowSTW

posted

ghosts aren't real if they were ghost hitler (ghitler) would be floating around what with all of his unfinished buisness. and if ghitler was around people wouldn't be shutting up about it

Report Reply

Reply by -- Ru3 ☆♬ --

posted

I do think that afterlife and spirits do exist. There is absolutely no way that they don't. There's proof you just have to did. My mom is dead and there is millions  of times I have felt that she was around me in a spirit form.

Report Reply

Reply by nymph0logy

posted

i believe in ghosts, in a way that they were the souls of people who have passed. but i dont believe in the afterlife, i believe that after we die our souls find a new vessel to assume control of. i know this post was 2 years ago but i still felt like replying haha

Report Reply

Reply by lucid

posted

i do, but i think the existence of ghosts/spirits is more subtle than people make out. i don't like those ghost hunting shows.

Report Reply

Reply by milk_way

posted

lol i wanna be friends w/ a ghost 

(highly reccomend Taproot by Keezy Young)

Report Reply

Reply by LostBoys

posted

Honestly for me, I'm kinda mixed about the afterlife since there's lack of evidence of what an afterlife is like, how does it look like compared to someone living, do I feel anything, etc. For the ghost part, I somewhat believe in ghost because I'm into the whole paranormal aspect to it. 

Report Reply

Reply by M1lly

posted

No, I currently do not believe there is an afterlife bc of the lack of evidence that I have seen, but I hope there is one :<

Report Reply

Reply by Marley Marx

posted

I choose to believe in reincarnation,  so no, i dont believe in an “afterlife” per se, nor ghosts.

Report Reply

Reply by VIN!!

posted
updated

I have no idea but I love me some ghosts!! (funnily enough my profile is a ghost lawl)

I honestly think that ghosts can stay here and watch people for however long they want, but they can move onto their past life if they want. I hope that when we die whatever we belive in is true (even though I know it probably won't be that. I don't like thinking about how it could be a void. im gonna cry if I start now, soo)

Report Reply

Reply by The Winter Watcher

posted

I absolutely believe in ghosts! I'd be a bit worried if I didn't, given that that's part of my whole deal. I've had several encounters with ghosts in my life (and so have a few members of my family). The best you can do with the lemons you get is make lemonade though, hence why I'm here.

Report Reply

Reply by grace ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- 𓆟

posted

id say yes. theres no total proof we have that ghosts and the afterlife arent real, and id say thats enough to sway me to say that they are! plus, after hearing so many different ghost stories and stuff, its hard for me to not believe in it.

Report Reply

Reply by ELL1E!!

posted

For me, I full-heartedly believe in ts mainly cus I had supernatural experiences and experiences with ESP and stuff, which I still have. Though I'm prolly jus delusional I'm still not gonna knock it down cus you never know fr plus I think it's cooler to believe than to skepticise.

Report Reply

Reply by Emmett Theodoran

posted

It's definitely one of those things where I do not NOT believe in it, but I don't really think much about it since I have never actually encountered one...at least not in a sober state anyhow.

Report Reply

Reply by Annie Ann

posted

I always have believed in the afterlife. Its almost weird to imagine a time and place where I didnt. I can't say I ever saw a ghost on my own, but I have been in areas where I have felt evil. An evil I knew never came from this world. I think ghosts are real and that they usually bother you more when you show that fear. You put more energy out, they give you it back. I think demons are the ones who ring true to this the most. 

Report Reply

Reply by octavia

posted

when i die, i hope i get reincarnated as an animal. like a deer or a seal. that would be cool i think :)

Report Reply

Reply by sassy

posted

I feel like im scared of it so dont i kinda already believe it. I mean i would like to think its fake but you really never know what is out there.

Report Reply

Reply by mothywothy (piss) (grandma era)

posted

until concreteness is assured i do not. but id be happy to find out and have an opin mend

Report Reply

Reply by Moni

posted

I personally don’t really believe in an afterlife or a place where spirts go to stay after the passing of its mortal body.

I think the spirts do, however, go through a sort of cleansing process that erases the past from the spirit in preparation to start a new life and get reborn. If that makes sense.

Report Reply

Reply by cowboysversion

posted

yes but not in the stereotypical ghosts and shit cuz ive been through shit WITHH WITNESSESSS

Report Reply

Reply by Jaymie

posted

Believe that when the body dies the spirit lives on, I still don’t know in what form but I definitely believe we all live on beyond death

Report Reply

Reply by shark

posted

though i go back and forth on the subject myself, there is most definitely some logic behind it. for instance, the fact that energy doesn't die but instead transfers. to where exactly can be argued. 

as for the afterlife, i've spent a great deal of time wondering on the subject. things so mysterious can often become scary. i've come to the realization that it's a dangerous topic. it scares people, and they can waste years being afraid of death. but there is no use in being afraid of something that is so definite, so imbedded into the idea of life itself. so loosen your grip on the subject of death. let it slip and sink through your fingers. watch it flow drown the drain, not with disappointment, but hope.

Report Reply

Reply by xX_Jay_Xx

posted

I grew up Christian and practiced Paganism for quite a few years, and I've always thought about death/the afterlife. Oddly enough, telling myself nothing happens is calming. Deep down I think something probably is there, but that it very well might be too complex for our brains to understand.

Report Reply

Reply by iantxt

posted

not really. generally, i'm not really the kind of guy to believe in anything that can't be proven. at the same time, however, i don't believe that these things are impossible. religiously, i'm an agnostic atheist, and the same generally applies to my attitudes on anything else unprovable.

i generally don't dedicate much time to thinking about that sort of stuff. like, from my perspective, if no amount of thought and research can lead me to a provable answer, i don't really see much of a point in thinking about it.

i tend to see things like ghost encounters as being explainable through proven phenomena. psychotic experiences (not specifically as in psychotic disorders; even mentally healthy people can experience psychosis under severe physical and/or emotional stress), mistaken identity, stuff like that.

however, i don't think there's anything wrong with believing in ghosts: if it has a positive impact on the individual or generally helps them make sense of the world, there's nothing wrong with it. i see believing in the unprovable to be just as sound as not believing in it, it's just not how i roll.

Report Reply

Reply by adammurray88

posted

i believe in ghosts

i dont fear them, its just like when you get that feeling someone's watching u, i just believe its a ghost present around u is all.

Report Reply

Reply by jabber

posted

sometimes, but not always... I want them to be real, but I have yet to see any evidence proving that they were

Report Reply

Reply by Ethan<3

posted

Personally, I do believe in spirits.

I hear and see things that other people and animals are aware of. My opinion changes a lot but I belive spirits are real.

But not really ghosts, more like the person is still alive after death, but not really doing anything.

That's basically what comes to mind.

Report Reply

Reply by ikaroony

posted

i believe ghosts are something. whether they are the dead, that is harder to say.

i am a Christian, and we firmly believe in evil spirits mucking about on earth. i think they are the source of most everything supernatural

Report Reply

Reply by Sam

posted

I mean i once saw someone i knew walk through my home, telling me they were going into the kitchen to grab a drink, I waited for an hour, then remembering they went in there I checked all through the house and couldn't find them, then I called them and asked them where they went and they told me they'd been at home all day, sooo, idk, other stuff too but I am mentally ill so I don't trust myself lmao

Report Reply

Reply by Kat

posted

For most of my life I was middle of the road on the topic of ghosts and afterlife.  Now I totally believe our spirit continues on  the journey .my daughter passed at the age of 21. I wasn't handling it very well. I started hanging out in a psychic chat room.  I had never done that before . One evening I was just hanging out reading what others were saying when out of the blue a reader ask me if they could give me a reading. I had not requested one . I figured what the heck sure .  The site had private reading rooms so we went into.one. this reader it turns out had a message for me  from my daughter. Yes it was for sure my girl .  By the end of the  deal I was sitting in front of my computer with my head in my hand leaning on my desk totally   amazed. When on the screen  comes " stop sitting there holding your head  , sit up ,luv ya "  that freaked me out cuz that was so my girl . 

It turns out the reader was a man from Scotland , I raised my kids in the mountains of central New Mexico. There is no way  that reader had ever met my girl or me.  He told me that when my girl and me were "talking"  all he could think about was the Beverly hillbillies...lol

Report Reply

Reply by Panda Warrior

posted

I definitely do because I just feel like all the emoitions and memories we have during our lives can't possibly jusr dissapear when we die. Like, it makes sense that someone who visited their local coffee shop everyday would carry on the tradition after they have left their physical body or a great-grandparent would still watch over their family during family reunions, even if they cannot be seen. I forgot what the question was.

Report Reply

Reply by 💿✩°。Celestia🎧✮

posted

Reply by dorodorodoom

posted

no, because if ghosts were real theyd feed off energy when u are scared of them. so even if ghosts were real i would be protected in my non belief of them

body {

background-image:url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/49/5d/cb/495dcba9a75a82e8d4376e4809d07d4e.gif);
font-family: "Times New Roman " , Times, serif;
font-size: 20px;
font-display: bold;
}

:root {

--logo-blue: #1d1326;
--darker-blue: #121212;
--lighter-blue: #1d1326;
--even-lighter-blue: #502473;
--lightest-blue: #502473;
--dark-orange: #1d1326;
--light-orange: #502473;
--even-lighter-orange: #502473;
--green: pink;
}

footer{

background-color:#1d1326 ;

}

.icon {

content:url(https://external-media.spacehey.net/media/seulDZeGw26KbVtBjqKEz1j8Phaqc8ijzo6xbD4KbUjQ=/https://64.media.tumblr.com/a651b69bb78396f3c5b5ff062c1c1f04/4ea69bc4176caa21-84/s75x75_c1/0e3ab22adb4d20a5d45eeb1b10f8faf7cc03defc.gif);

width: 25px;

height: 25px;

visibiliy: ;
}
<style/>

Report Reply

Reply by NꉺVA ✞︎

posted
updated

I think so, yes. I've been more "in tune" with my spiritual side than others around me. I feel drawn to this topic of "ghosts and spirits" my whole life. However, my consciousness denies my own belief system. Maybe because I'm too greedy. I want to believe everything and everything I have the honor to appreciate. Same with religions and different beliefs. I have this burning desire to know more, to grasp more than what my pathetic judgement can comprehend. Quite frustrating, sometimes. I truly wish to believe the afterlife exists, for the people that I've lost. That they are still out there, just in another form of art. Maybe they're the dandelion I blew to the wind today. Maybe they are the stray cat that hissed at me since I gave him the leftover fish heads after cooking. Such dramatic. The possibilities are endless. I am still figuring things out. 

Report Reply