« Games Forum

WHO ELSE MISSES FLASH GAMES!?

Posted by addy allure

posted

Forum: Games

so, as many of u probably know, adobe flash officially ended back in january, so almost 4 months ago. this resulted in many online games ran by adobe flash ending and not being accessible anymore. so sad!!

like many ppl who were growing up, whether it was in the 2000s or the 2010s (i grew up in the late 2000s and early 2010s), flash games were a HUGE part of my childhood back in the day! many of the gaming websites that i was obsessed w/ consisted of disney, poptropica, cartoon network, nickelodeon, gamepost, club penguin, cool math games, and miniclip. i also remember playing a few bratz, barbie, my little pony g3, and polly pocket games as a child, very bizarre ik!!

many ppl who grew up in the early 2000s remember many y2k gaming websites such as addicting games, neopets, everything girl, gaia online, dollz mania, webkinz, and girls go games. unfortunately, i was never able 2 live up 2 those gaming sites, as they must've slipped under my radar as a kid, so i never rlly had a fondness 4 those websites.

but anyway, back on topic, flash has disappeared and it is v v disappointing. online gaming will never b the same ever again, i don't think, unfortunately.

however, this doesn't mean that flash gaming is over. hopefully an alternative 2 flash will come out soon, and we'll get 2 relive our childhood again @ sum point.

thanks 4 listening 2 me rant, and i wanna know what u guys think? do u think an alternative 2 flash will come our way? if not, is there a way 2 access our fav childhood games? if so, let me know. we will find a way 2 relive our childhood, i just know it!

ilusm!! πŸ’‹πŸ’‹

Report Topic

137 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Ðꧧï©åtêÐ ©ø®þ§ê

posted

You can install Ruffle as an extension to your browser if you want to play Flash Player games again. I've done exactly that :).

Report Reply

Reply by l0st_silv3r

posted

I MISS PLAYIN FLASH GAMEZ ON NEWGROUNDS *cri*

Report Reply

Reply by Rivers

posted

There are ways to play flash games without flash support. I use the Newgrounds flash emulator and download them to my pc. You can still play games on your browser that uses the HTML format and they're just as good. Some are even better. I'd check out Itch.io and maybe even Game Jolt to continue playing games on your browser, but there are some intriguing indie games to download, too.

Anyways, I too miss the early days of playing flash games if only for the excitment of the possibilities. Ah, to be naive of the future again.

Report Reply

Reply by Obren

posted

Yeah flash games were amazing, they mostly got killed by mobile gaming. I really prefer times when it was less about ads and money and more about pure creativity and fun. People created amazing stuff considering how limited the technology was.

Report Reply

Reply by trashfvag

posted

U can download this app called puffin u just go on the app and its like google with flash just runs a little bit slower than google

Report Reply

Reply by porkupine XD

posted

doez anywun remember the jinx & minx gamez? like the tower escape?? i played that shiz every halloween... thoze bunniez were the real scene legendz we didnt deserve

Report Reply

Reply by SparkledSkeleton

posted

Gosh..I miss em so much :< forever in our hearts <33 :'-[

Report Reply

Reply by RIQZAH

posted

I really miss playing flash games especially during school. Anytime I was allowed on the computer and the teacher wasn't watching I would be on coolmath or miniclip

Report Reply

Reply by Thomas Bradshaw

posted

I have many great memories of flash games! Some folks have posted some of the workarounds that enable continued play..... its not perfect but thankfully it helps. Many games have been converted to HTML5, but it is certainly true that many games have likely been left behind as a result of the retirement of flash.

Report Reply

Reply by Jesse

posted

There is a program for Windows called Flashpoint Infinity or something like that. It lets you play flash games without the use of the a browser. If I remember right it allows you to search and download the flash games to your computer. Not sure if it is legal or not though. o_o

Report Reply

Reply by scourgu!

posted

i have flashpoint so no, i dont miss it

Report Reply

Reply by sl0mad

posted

Ruffle's not quite there yet, doesn't support all the actionscript and stuff like that... but it's getting there :) Flashpoint Infinity is a lifesaver though. I think preservation of this stuff is really important. There's this Youtuber, Nick Robinson, that did a video on this one game 'mission in snowdriftland', that I really like. It's also now available on Flashpoint https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EphH4hwkr2g

Report Reply

Reply by ⛧ phinus ⛧

posted

there's an app called flashpoint where you can download the most popular flash games or even more obscure ones. it;s pretty cool wasted a night playing on this

Report Reply

Reply by xX_olivurrr

posted

EVERY!!! FREAKIN!!! DAY!!!

sooo many of my fav childhood games are either gone or were remade but are now defunct (for example ourworld, which hosted a bunch of flash games and playing them was the main source of leveling up so no one plays it anymore)

Report Reply

Reply by xX_olivurrr

posted

also webkinz has an app now! and a bunch of ppl still play it (me including time to time lol) if anyone is missing it :D

Report Reply

It may have been a fever dream but does anyone remember playing games on Miniclip?? XD

Report Reply

Reply by Axolotlpuke

posted

Playing 'Tails Nightmare' during boring classes my most missed and beloved... T-T Flash was so good

Report Reply

Reply by Rookie

posted

big fan of club penguin (i live there btw)

Report Reply

Reply by Fyter

posted

Actually, there's an archive of flash games that exists named Bluemaxima's Flashpoint. It's got aΒ veryΒ extensive list of games.

Report Reply

Reply by x.poisonrationality.x

posted

i miss speedrunning factory balls with my friends in 3rd grade (T-T)

Report Reply

Reply by Kd

posted

There was this dressup game site i loved but then they took away flashΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by gyaruishcheese

posted

i miss those nick.com games, like the spongebob and winx club games..

Report Reply

Reply by BudderPecan

posted

I agree with everyone promoting Flashpoint, that stuffs legit it allows you to play a lot of those old flash games, unfortunately they don't play Nitrome games, but this also means Nitrome is planning something with them.

Report Reply

Reply by quiz

posted
updated

OH MY GOD nitrome games can be so personal.. i remember playing them in the moshi monsters flash collection and i was so bad at all of them but i adored the music so i still kept playing them (especially thin ice)

i also remember being on miniclip all the time and i consistently only played like 5 games on there but i loved them all so much. with html5 browser games CAN still be made, so its not like the next gen is gonna completely miss out on those things or that those websites are now gone. but flash games definitely need to be preserved (and i know they are i already have flashpoint downloaded)!!

also i cant @ people on this but replying to tuezday, jmkit ARE working on porting their games over to html5 and some of them are still playable.. but yeah currently most of their games cant be for now, im gonna miss their giant scenemaker for awhile X(. jmkit was a SUUPER big part of my life, i love that site so much

Report Reply

Reply by Robo

posted

I'm happy there are still ways to play them, but there is nothing quite like just being able to go on nearly any computer and just play a flash game.Β 

Report Reply

Reply by www.scenekid.com

posted

BRO ME I MISS THEM SO MUCH THEY WERE SUCH A BIG PART OF ME GROWING UP ANYBODY REMEMBERS SARA'S COOKING CLASS?Β 

Report Reply

posted

BRO ME I MISS THEM SO MUCH THEY WERE SUCH A BIG PART OF ME GROWING UP ANYBODY REMEMBERS SARA'S COOKING CLASS?Β 

Report Reply

posted

Report Reply

Reply by Drywall

posted

Flash games are awesome!

Report Reply

Reply by LBoyCalo

posted

I can tell you a site where you can play old www.newgrounds.com flash games!

Report Reply

Reply by cheriiiii

posted

i miss not being able to go back to play all of them :((

Report Reply

Reply by demi

posted

YES !! they were my childhoodΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by Jahi

posted

Moviestarplanet broke me

Report Reply

Reply by lilynut

posted

UGH MEEE i was just thinking about this the other dayΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by bananamilk

posted

they were the best

Report Reply

Reply by /d/oomerGrl

posted

Me asf,

They were so fucking fun, I miss papas pizzeria, sushi cat, duck life, fancy pants adventures and literally anything else, flash games were a huge part of my childhood, it's really sad to see them go

Report Reply

Reply by Jux!

posted

All the papa's bakerias we lost ;(

Report Reply

Reply by crocodiletears

posted

papas pizzaria was my only saving grace in 8th grade science class

Report Reply

Reply by Paulfargeix

posted
updated

Personally, i am still able to play flash games, by using a 2012 browser version, then i install Adobe Flash by an non-official source, and then I just have to find a Flash games platform online...And to have fun then ;)

Report Reply

Reply by brainworms

posted

I think the worst part about losing flash is all the games and such that are now completely lost. There's probably thousands of games we'll never be able to see again and that sucks :-/. Hopefully there's gonna be some recovery efforts like those geocities archives.

Report Reply

Reply by hanii x3

posted

meeee also old girlsgogames </3 ever since they changed their layout and added soo many ads it really ruined it.. also they sold out to...... feet games.... pregnant.... disney characters.......

Report Reply

Reply by cliney

posted
updated

Come to visit thisΒ slope 2 unblockedΒ and let memories reminded lol

Report Reply

Reply by coolspot

posted

i still have an old version of flash on my computer

i still am able to play games on kongegate.

Report Reply

Reply by saaturn

posted

I was on mostly Newgrounds, Post cereal website, and Disney Channel back in the day.

Report Reply

Reply by venus is here

posted

oh my god i miss flash games so much... I CANT PLAY MOST OF MY CHILDHOOD GAMESSS UHHGGGHGH

Report Reply

Reply by Oberon/Ob

posted

RIP Flash, especially Haunt The HouseΒ 

Report Reply

Reply by MARINA

posted

HONESTLY! I miss flash games sm papas games is one of them and a big part of my childhood

Report Reply

Reply by Aegan

posted

OOH OOOOOH does anyone here remember fireboy and watergirl??????

whenever my cousin would come over we would play that game LOTS. we even finished the entire series once

Report Reply

Reply by FL1NT!!

posted

ZOMG i mizz the papa'z pizzeria gamez sm ToT

Report Reply

Reply by Porsutti

posted

i really miss the old finnish flash games like sakarin villapaitapeli etc

Report Reply