« Games Forum

WHO ELSE MISSES FLASH GAMES!?

Posted by addy allure

posted

Forum: Games

so, as many of u probably know, adobe flash officially ended back in january, so almost 4 months ago. this resulted in many online games ran by adobe flash ending and not being accessible anymore. so sad!!

like many ppl who were growing up, whether it was in the 2000s or the 2010s (i grew up in the late 2000s and early 2010s), flash games were a HUGE part of my childhood back in the day! many of the gaming websites that i was obsessed w/ consisted of disney, poptropica, cartoon network, nickelodeon, gamepost, club penguin, cool math games, and miniclip. i also remember playing a few bratz, barbie, my little pony g3, and polly pocket games as a child, very bizarre ik!!

many ppl who grew up in the early 2000s remember many y2k gaming websites such as addicting games, neopets, everything girl, gaia online, dollz mania, webkinz, and girls go games. unfortunately, i was never able 2 live up 2 those gaming sites, as they must've slipped under my radar as a kid, so i never rlly had a fondness 4 those websites.

but anyway, back on topic, flash has disappeared and it is v v disappointing. online gaming will never b the same ever again, i don't think, unfortunately.

however, this doesn't mean that flash gaming is over. hopefully an alternative 2 flash will come out soon, and we'll get 2 relive our childhood again @ sum point.

thanks 4 listening 2 me rant, and i wanna know what u guys think? do u think an alternative 2 flash will come our way? if not, is there a way 2 access our fav childhood games? if so, let me know. we will find a way 2 relive our childhood, i just know it!

ilusm!! ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

Report Topic

137 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by flas ๐Ÿ‰

posted

i love the music in flash games!!!

i love the acid bass and house drums and stuff

oh and waterflame too

i aspire to make something that sounds like it

Report Reply

Reply by jelly bolide

posted

i miss those games

Report Reply

Reply by jelly bolide

posted

i miss those games

Report Reply

Reply by shen

posted

literally everyone

Report Reply

Reply by Z

posted

I was just thinking about how much I missed myscene like man I loved playing on the website so much

Report Reply

I also miss them bro. Do anyone remember the Mario Bros remake made with flash? The one that made possible to play as the contra guy, samus, simon belmont, megaman. Super Mario Crossover! Meat Boy and the binding of isaac! And a lot of flash games too.

Report Reply

Reply by Zigzag Buster ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

posted

I once played a Flash game based on the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron trilogy called Star Wars: Rogue Squadron Flash Edition and it was a lot of fun! Those were the days.

Report Reply

Reply by Tacostronk

posted

Those games were magical. I preserve the magic by downloading Flashpoint

Report Reply

Reply by MegaDalton3000

posted

Odd story, but the first time I heard the song 'Melissa' from FMA was when I played a flash game called 'Final sonic fantasy 5' (or something like that), it was like a rpg story game about sonic, for that one in particular you played as supersonic with a red sword fighting some dungeon guardian or something, it was weird, always lost, but kept playing lol.

There was also that one Sonic custom character maker flash game that I would spend hours makign characters on.

Report Reply

Reply by debro28

posted

I mean, most of the websites i've been on (coolmathgames, armor games, newgrounds) are converting the old flash games to HTML5 or something idk

But yeah, its all good :)

Report Reply

Reply by Skrunkโ˜ฃ

posted

I was cracked at Papa's Freezeria, let it be known.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Disco/Rose

posted

I DOย 

Report Reply

Reply by Blitz Siddhartha 10,000-GM5D

posted

I liked Age of War and it's sequel

Report Reply

Reply by AUGGIEโ™ก_

posted

The papa games where my childhood. Along with the lesser known wheely 2

Report Reply

Reply by custard x3

posted

wdym they still exist?

Report Reply

Reply by Juan

posted

I don't exactly miss them because I use flashpoint to play my favorites every now and then, my favorite ones were the ones Stickdeath and Abobo's adventure on Newgrounds.

Report Reply

Reply by Robotic Gunner

posted

I remember this one pacman website I would go to when I was REAL young. It had all sorts of things on it, a news page, various fan animations, and, of course, flash games.

There was a classic pacman clone, kind of in the typical flash game style. There was this ninja themed platformer where you were a ninja pacman going through various levels and collecting dots, and I remember this kind of 3D looking halloween themed pacman game where you go through various mazes in a haunted mansion type environment.

I kinda miss that website. It was a part of my earliest obsession lol.

Report Reply

Reply by Miguel Ortiz

posted

Super Smash Flash the GOAT of Flash Games IMO. Loved playing it.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Connor

posted

I miss flash games sm!!! they were a big part of my childhood :(( super sad that they r gone nowย 

Report Reply

Reply by Dorphia

posted

Omg yeah as someone born in the early 2000s I LOVED Flash Games. I remember Poptropica. I also loved the Henry Stickmin games, Super Mario 63, Riddle School, etc... thankfully Ruffle exists although weirdly enough while I miss that era I don't really use Ruffle much to play them anymore. Kind of like I've moved on, even though I miss them. I guess it's because I less-so miss them and more-so miss how it felt back then... then again though Henry Stickmin and Mario 63 both got remakes of sorts in the form of the Henry Stickmin Collection and Super Mario 127. There's also the Papa games, like Papa's Freezeria which got some deluxe version on Steam.

It's nice to see that some of those creators are still around upgrading their games to still be played to this day... I'll forever miss Flash though.

Report Reply

Reply by GramBatter ๐ŸงŸ

posted

cyclomaniacs is the most underrated flash game that im a fan of. i don't see it get a lot of fanfare nowadays which is sad

Report Reply

Reply by XxXEPICW3BXxX

posted

what your bitch ass talking about m8? flash is still here? its 2009

Report Reply

Reply by lordl4hm4cun

posted

There are many flash game archival sites that use Ruffle, a flash player alternative, that you can play your favorite games on.

Report Reply

Reply by Shooting star!!

posted

HAUNT THE HOUSE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FLASH GAMES OR THE SUSHI CAT ๐Ÿฅน๐Ÿฅน

Report Reply

Reply by Lila

posted

I REMEMBER PLAYING A GAME CALLED "JESUS VS HITLER" LMAOOO

Report Reply

Reply by mad0kaโœฐ

posted

my dad is a programmer so ive beenย  used to being around computers since i was like 3 years old and i LOVED this type of games , i used to play them all the time and even tho most of them were in english or japanese (i didnt know english back then) i would spend hours playing , it made me develop a special interest in games and i really want to be a video game developer or some sort of programmer . ive been wanting to find some of those old games online again bu theyre so hard to find :(ย 

Report Reply

Reply by P33P, your fav shawty

posted

Y8 GANG RISE UP!!!

Report Reply

Reply by Tacostronk

posted

Download Flashpoint, you'll be in Flash game heaven

PS. you can still play the flash games on Y8 and Newgrounds provided you download and install their emulators

Report Reply

Reply by -ren-

posted

FLASH GAMES WERE MY CHILDHOOD OMG

Report Reply

Reply by mrcollision

posted

7 year old me watching Killing Spree on Stickpage WAS THE BOMB MAN nothing can recreate that for me.

Report Reply

Reply by prim !!

posted
updated

MEEEEEE i used 2 spend all my time on deviantart playing them ... i tried getting this mlp one i used to really like to run on my phone earlier this year but i couldn't figure out a way how :( i used to spend a bunch of time on newgrounds and websites liek friv too ...

Report Reply

Reply by Ciggy

posted

u can get the papas games on the play store. best financial decision ive ever made >:D

Report Reply

Reply by jolenethekitty

posted

you can still play them with flashpoint infinity. or if you want, you can go track down an existing adobe flash install that doesn't self destruct itself and be able to play flash games through there.

pale moon browser lets you do that iirc

Report Reply

Reply by Sid :)

posted

The amount of time I spent playing Flash games when I was little was insane. I would play countless hours of Happy Wheels and all these other games I probably shouldn't of been playing but did lol. I also used to play that one zombie game where you're in a car and you have to see how far you can get, you can upgrade your car and all that. Also played a lot of Newground's games. So many memories just sitting at the computer just playing Flash games.ย 

Report Reply

Reply by Awful_Alex

posted

im 13 now and when i was in like 4th grade i would play so many flash games like barbie, duck life, papas pizzaria, etc

Report Reply

broooo, SFH was great. beaten first 2 and working on third oml

Report Reply

Reply by +CLiNiKiLL+

posted

damn im rly boutta answer a 2 yr old post lolol

yeah flash games were the shit back in the gud old days

favs included Armed With Wings, the Sonny games (the one with the zombie dude), and Thing Thing

Report Reply

Reply by Teo

posted

Flash games were a miracle for young me. I loved them then and I love them now :)

Report Reply

Reply by BONEZ

posted

ME! Those games had a huge impact on my childhood!

Report Reply

YESSS omg :( flash games were literally my favs!! especially those papa's pizzeria games i swear i never got enough of them LMAO

kinda sucks they discontinued adobe flash :((

Report Reply

Reply by InconspicuousAnon

posted

Obama Alien Defense will be missed.

Report Reply

Reply by Illford

posted

Flashpoint is the best current way to play flash games, it is a local thing. The reason flash died is a mix of Apple and security issues. It could've been fixed but judging by it's end Adobe didn't want to, which is fair because it's been surpassed (tech wise) by lots of stuff at this point

Report Reply

Reply by 4sythe

posted

i remember going 2 other ppls houses and just using their compooterz 4 playing flash games instead of socializing lol

yea i was weird back den

Report Reply

Reply by Unrealism

posted

You can still play flash games directly on some sites. Andkon arcade has a guide on theirs on running the Blue Moon browser with an older flash version to get their games running.

Report Reply

Reply by mizerdoll

posted

i was so disappointed while discovering it, honestly it was like another part of my childhood was taken away from me. right now iโ€™m pretty thankful i could find some alternatives online to be able to play some games like papaโ€™s games and way more, but i do still miss the old way!

Report Reply

Reply by Tad I Guess

posted

I still play a lot of my old favorites pretty regularly, but I still really miss that era.ย  It always felt special hopping on Kongregate, Newgrounds, or Armor Games and seeing what new games were out, or finding old gems I had never seen before.

Report Reply

Reply by โ™ฑ elf โ™ฑ

posted

i miss all the browser MMOs T_T

club penguin and ourworld and whatnot...ย 
gaia is still up and running, luckily, but theres so much of it that's just defunct without flash x_x

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie B

posted

Was trying to find the old ScaryGirl flash game i used to play cus there was a trailer for the new movie out recently & it seems like no one archived it. Miss it!!

Report Reply

Reply by paragade

posted

Newgrounds was a big part of my younger years. I was given a copy of Macromedia Flash when I was 11 or 12 and I spent most of my middle-school and high-school years messing around with it making games and animations.

Report Reply

Reply by ease_wastrel

posted

just use flashpoint m8

also go play Gyossait, Time Fcuk, Looming and Don't Shit Your Pants!
all great flash games

Report Reply