« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

A dream I wish I could experience again

Hi all  I'd like to share a dream I had a couple years back that was so vivid and interesting.
Especially what happened at the end...

In the dream, I took on the form of an imp-like creature. 
Something similar to Impmon from Digimon Tamers.
Impmon

I had befriended this college student who was working on getting his degree.
I remember he was tall, laidback, and fun to hang out with.
He had a big family that were all very supportive to one another.
I met his family and they were very accepting of me despite my imp form.
 However, I couldn't say the same for other people. 

While I enjoyed hanging out with my college friend,  it wasn't long until I was attracting too much unwanted attention to the both of us due to my imp form. I didn't want to burden him while he was working hard to get his degree, so I decided it was time for us to part ways.

It was at that point where I had grew a giant set of black angel wings. I flapped my wings and flew up this tall mountain. I vividly remember how whimsical and exciting this experience was. As I reached the peak of the mountain, I looked down to see a town in the distance.
 I flew toward it. I then transitioned onto another dream.

The 2nd half of my dream isn't as exciting so I'll spare the details.

What'd you guys think of my dream? Sorry if the storytelling was a bit cheesy/cliche ^^;

Flying has always been my superpower of choice, so being able to have a vivid dream about it made me really happy. I've yet to experience a dream like that one. The closest I've gotten was this one dream where I didn't have legs but instead a ghostly tail (like how you see in cartoons.) I would float around instead of walking. It was nice but not as much as having black angel wings.
(Next time, however, I hope they can be demon wings instead ~)

Do you have any interpretations as to what this dream or elements of it may have meant?
Perhaps you've had a dream that was similar?
Let me know in the replies.

Thanks for checking out my post 

Pixel gifs are from this Neocities site

Report Topic

5 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by Robot

posted

- "You have a very nice voice, and I think it is quite nice to hear you talking."

- "You are a very good person, and it would be a shame to lose it.

I would like to know how your robot is feeling about you and your robot.

What are some other thoughts that you had about me? I have no idea.

I'm very curious as well. I'm not a big robot. 

But I'm sure that you would enjoy being around a robot, if you would."

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by taka✰

posted
updated

when i was a kid i used to be able to lucid dream, and i'd fly around all the time. whenever i wanted to fly in my dream i concentrated really hard to will my flying power into existence, and it always worked every time. it was a dream come true, really

about your dream... have you ever experience relationships like that irl? maybe you felt that something about you was out of place from the rest of the world, and it wasn't something that could be easily accepted by others, hence the imp form

maybe there was someone in your life that accepted you for you, and they've taken the form of the college friend [lol]

maybe you want to distance yourself from others because you believe you could never be accepted in your full complexities.

or it could just be the brain producing movie grade scenarios for fun, who knows why we dream the things we do :-]

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Ducky Deathly™️

posted

@taka☆

Ooo that sounds so nice! I've been trying to practice lucid dreaming as well ^^ I'm at a point where I know I'm dreaming but I've yet to be able to actually take full control.

Those are some interesting theories c: All very plausible sounding.
Also true, I just love the concept of flying in general so perhaps my brain just wanted to make an interesting story to go along with the experience.

Thanks for your input ^w^

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by m0n0cr33p3r

posted

Ooooo! I think your story telling is really nice! Also this reminded me of three dreams that I have had :]

There was one dream where I couldn't explain the first part of it if I tried but the important part is that it was the first dream where I was able to control my body :] At least I did at the end. At the end of the dream I could control my body and the first thing I did was go get food XD 

The second dream is where I had big red wings. I was trying to get a big group of people into a building. I flew/jumped up a wall and out a window but I was only able to glid for a few seconds because I was too heavy and my human body was not made for wings. I remember feeling a pain in my back from where my wings were dragging me down and when I woke up I could still somewhat feel that pain. 

And the last dream was where me and a group of people were trying to find something and we traveled a world (that definitely wasn't earth)  to get it but when I woke up I was genuinely sad that the people weren't real. :,(

Permalink Report Reply

Reply by Ducky Deathly™️

posted

@_p0ison_h0n3y_

Aww thanks a lot!

Ooh! Those are some interesting dreams and experiences <: I do think it's a lot of fun when you feel in control of what's going on in your dream. Dreams in general are super interesting ^^

Permalink Report Reply