« Dreams and the Supernatural Forum

Melatonin Dreams?

I had a weird dream after taking some melatonin to fall asleep.

In this dream, my friend tried to sell me a typewriter, and later, betrayed me, because I was a broke craphound. Another friend returned from the dead, and later I found out that his soul had been implanted into someone else's fresh dead body, because his parent could! The world looked like a steampunk video game but with a bright, plastic paint job. A line of light green, light blue, and pink model T style cars were being tossed around. At the end, I was ordering pizza, but I thought there was no way they were connecting the order to me, or to the pager device I took. I thought I wasn't going to get my pizza slice. Then, I woke up.

This is the second time I had a wild dream after taking melatonin.

Have you had weird dreams on this supplement?

Report Topic

10 Replies

Sort Replies:

Reply by NCNH

posted

Amazing! Such intricate themes of ethics and morality!
The use of gifts to control others, spiritual echos of those we knew taking over rites of recent loss, the appeal of narrative form taking gritty reality and oversaturating it in bright oversimplification!
How even anacronisms aren't safe from the threat of time unfolding in unexpected ways.

The need to be heard amid miscommunication.

Report Reply

Reply by Fennec Zorro DeVoss

posted

I have weird dreams anyway but Melatonin ramps that up noticeably.

Biggest issue is it also ramps up nightmares and unsettling dreams, Maybe because I'm waking up after 3-4 hours rather than usual point in my sleep cycle or sleeping deeper than without it

Report Reply

Reply by geekout

posted

I'll have to try melatonin again. wow!

Report Reply

Reply by 𝐿𝒾𝓋𝒾𝑒❁

posted

I also get freaky dreams from melatonin and I don't like it at all. If I need a sleep boost I'll take some benadryl unless I'm in desperate need for something stronger.

Report Reply

Reply by Kari Mortis

posted

Woah kool, I got some melatonin today. I never took it before. I always have weird dreams normally, It might help me peice some things together in specialty the reoccurring ones. 

Report Reply

Reply by Kylie

posted

I used to take melatonin regularly for insomnia, and in low doses the dreams I would get were definitely interesting, but a lot of times to much for me to handle. I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone as too much melatonin is not good for you, but I ended up regularly taking around 20mg a night, and I either stopped dreaming or stopped remembering my dreams. It would literally be rare for me to remember I dream I had had, but again they would usually be weird.

Report Reply

Reply by Ms Myspace

posted

I dreams more on melatonin too but I don't take it that often. I find I dream a lot too if I have caffeine before bed but I'm one of those people with ADHD where caffeine isn't as effective and just makes me focus 

Report Reply

Reply by .+* aurora *+.

posted

I took melatonin for a year up until recently and I had no dreams, but when I started quitiapine (antipsychotic but I’m taking it for sleep) my dreams started getting super weird. 

Report Reply

Reply by HeidisKingdomOfWackos

posted

melatonin does some wierd shizz

Report Reply

Reply by Alli :))

posted

Befor I got on anxiety meds I used to take melatonin to go to sleep at night. One of the dreams I remember was I was at my granny's house in my moms old bedroom. I was standing there next to her bed terrified of something until it came around the corner into the room on all fours running I could barley see it with the dim light but it ran at me and I woke up. 

Report Reply